InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Land ❯ Too Late? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

-----------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Land. Originally posted June 28, 2011.

Title: Too Late?
By Land #9 Paradise Lost
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Adventure/Angst
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 210
Summary: Inuyasha finally reaches Kagome. But is he in time?
Warnings: Language
-------------------------

Inuyasha shoved another boulder aside and reached into the hole he had dug. He nearly sagged in relief as this time his hands closed around cloth and flesh rather than dirt and stone. “Kagome!” He swiftly shoved the rest of the debris around her out of the way and pulled her into his arms. “Kagome! Are you alright? Answer me already wench!”

There was no response. Inuyasha felt his blood freeze in his veins as his heart skipped a beat. “K-Kagome? D-don't do this to me! Damn it wench!” Tears prickled and stung in the corner of his eyes as he received no response. “Come on wench, say something. Sit me, yell at me, tell me how this is all my fault. Do something!” He shook her slightly, then harder but still she didn't respond. “No. For fuck's sake, why?!”

He pulled her against his chest, tightly holding her unmoving form and willed her to move. “Kagome,” he whimpered, burying his face into the crook of her neck. Sitting there in the dark, surrounded by dirt and stone, he felt all hope leave him as his dreams turned to ash in his arms, knowing that it was all his fault. He was too late.


Converting /tmp/phpaVKx3e to /dev/stdout