InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cupid Shippo. ❯ the one who plays the flute ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
 
Kagome was happily washing herself in the hot springs. “What a great day.” She said to herself, “The water's great, and the weather's clear. I guess it's not so bad here being in the middle ages.”
 
Inu Yasha, Myoga the flea, and their new companion, Shipo, were sitting in a tree.
 
Shipo was a cute little fox demon, which had the power to change himself into anything or anyone at will.
 
He lost his homeland and his family in a war against the thunder brothers, and now travels along with Inu Yasha and Kagome… who in search of shards from the Shikon Jewel.
 
Shipo may not look like much, but there just may come a time when he will do something that just might even make him a hero.
 
 
“How much longer is she going to be?” grumbled Shipo. “I'm tired of waiting up here, I'm going down there.”
 
But as quickly as he was going to jump down from the tree, Inu Yasha snagged him by the vest.
 
“You heard her, you little squirt.” He growled, “We can't look while she's got no clothes on!”
 
“I'd hate to say it young one, but Master Inu Yasha has a point.” Said Myoga. “You'll understand one day.”
 
“Humph… it's just not fair.” Whined Shipo, “If I'm going to be a man one day, the least they could do is let me act like one!” he thought.
 
Suddenly Inu Yasha was looking directly over the limb. “Master… have you no shame?” Myoga growled.
 
“What is that?” asked Inu Yasha.
 
Suddenly, Myoga and Shipo saw it too. A white blur that was moving extremely fast, too fast for them to make a shape of, was running off with Kagome's stuff.
 
“HEY!!” yelled Inu Yasha as he jumped down from the tree.
 
Kagome turned around and Screamed, which made Inu Yasha lose his balance and fall into the water.
 
This made Shipo and Myoga fall out of the tree all jumpy.
 
“WHAT DID YOU SCREAM LIKE FOR… YOU SCARDE ME HALF TO DEATH!!!” yelled Inu Yasha.
 
“I wasn't screaming at you!” protested Kagome… then she pointed at the white blur that leaped into the bushes overhead.
 
Shipo stood up all dizzy from his fall with Myoga on his head, flat as a pancake. “Is it safe to look now?” he asked groggily.
 
Suddenly… Kagome heard the sound of music from a flute. “Hey… it's coming from that direction.” She said.
 
All four of them began to follow the sound of the flute.
 
On a hilltop just beyond the bushes was a fine looking young man sitting under a tree.
 
He had long black that seemed to be pulled up into a ponytail over his head, and he wore a simple blue Kimono with windows on it.
 
A small Katana sheathed in the sash around his waist, and he was indeed playing a small wooden flute.
 
From out of the bushes hopped a little white monkey carrying Kagome's things, and hopped over to the man.
 
The young man put down his flute and let the monkey hop into his lap. “That's my good boy.” He said to the monkey, “So what did you bring me this time?”
 
He searched through Kagome's clothes, and pulled out her junior-high swim-bra.
 
“Th… this isn't something to eat!” said the man.
 
Suddenly…
 
“HEY!!” snapped Inu Yasha.
 
“GOT YOU!!” cried Shipo.
 
“GIVE ME BACK MY CLOTHES!!” growled Kagome.
 
The young man stepped back and drew his katana. “Who are you? You All look suspicious!” he said.
 
Inu Yasha just put a foot to the man's head. “We we're about to ask you the same thing!!”
 
Later on
 
 
The young man was simply scuffling down a bag of potato chips Kagome had in her backpack… as if he hadn't eaten in days.
 
“You really must've bee hungry.” Said Kagome, “Would you like some tea?”
 
“Thank you.” Said the man with his mouth full as he took the tea from her and gulped it down.
 
Shipo was enjoying a lolly-ball on a stick Kagome had brought for him. “Wow… and I thought Inu Yasha was a pig.” He said.
 
BONK!!
 
Inu Yasha banged Shipo on the head, “What was that you were saying?” he growled.
 
“SIT BOY!” snapped Kagome, and Inu Yasha fell smack down into the dirt.
 
“Someday…” he thought, “Someday…”
 
The young man folded his arms and bowed to Kagome in thanks. “I give thanks kind woman.” He said, “The chips potato were yummy.”
 
“My name is Kagome.” She said, “He's Inu Yasha… this is Shipo… and…”
 
The young man swatted at a flea that was sucking blood through his cheek. “…. He's Myoga the flea.”
 
The young man didn't know what to think of these strangers, “Who… who are these people?” he thought.
 
“You said before that you ran away from your homeland.” Said Kagome, “Tell me… are you a nobleman?”
 
The young man folded his arms. “I am not a liberty to reveal any secrets about myself.” He said.
 
“But this is Hiyoshimaru.” He said pointing to his monkey, “…and my name is… Nobunaga!”
 
Kagome's eyes lit up. “N-Nobunaga?” she asked, “The… Nobunaga?”
 
She then grabbed his hand and shook his whole arm, “I'm a ever so glad to meet you… please can I have you autograph?” she asked handing him a pad and Paintbrush.
 
“Uh… very well.” Said Nobunaga, but before he even tapped the paper Kagome blurted out why she was so worked up.
 
“That's Oda Nobunaga. One of the greatest people in all of Japan.” She cried.
 
But when she got back her pad, it was blank. “Hey… why haven't you put anything on it?” she asked.
 
Nobunaga cast his head downward in shame, “I'm afraid you like all others I have met, have confused me for the great Oda Nobunaga.” He said.
 
Then he showed her the signature on his sword… Omari Nobunaga.
 
“I belong to the Takada Clan in the land of Kai.” Said Nobunaga. “Yet everyone seems to confuse me with him.”
 
Kagome felt so embarrassed. “And here I thought you were a living legend.” She said
 
Nobunaga then turned around, “If you travelers are lost, head north from here, and you will fid the land of Kai.” He said.
 
“No if you will excuse me, I shall take my leave… Farewell.”
 
Inu Yasha was about to warn him that he was about to head straight over the steep side of the hill… But Nobunaga just leaped into the other trees like a trained Samurai.
 
Shipo noticed that he left his flute behind. “HEY… WAIT! YOU DROPPED YOUR FLUTE!”
 
But Nobunaga was already out of site.