InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cupid Shippo. ❯ The Crying Princess and the angry lord ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
As they walked down the path, Shipo seemed to be examining the flute Nobunaga left behind.
 
“It looks like it was hand made.” He said. He tried to blow a few notes out of it, but he just didn't have enough air in him to blow the flute properly.
 
“That song Nobunaga was playing… it reminded me of a book I once read.” Said Kagome. “Cupid's Music.”
 
“Cupid… who's that?” asked Shipo. “A Demon?”
 
Kagome giggled, “No… nothing like that.” She said.
 
“Daniel Cupid… is a legendary angel of love, who flies down amongst mortals and pierces them with his arrows of love.”
 
“Gee… a creature that hurts you with his arrows can hardly be called an angel now.” Said Myoga.
 
Kagome giggled again… “No, no… the arrows don't hurt you.” She said, “But if you got struck by one, you'll instantly fall in love.”
 
Shipo found that amazing. “So would you and Inu Yasha fall in love if Cupid came and shot you?” he asked.
 
Kagome and Inu Yasha gasped at that remark, then humphed at each other, and looked the opposite way.
 
“Gee… I was only asking.” Said Shipo. “How did the song go, Kagome?”
 
Kagome recited the song as a poem, because the last time she sang, Inu Yasha almost begged her to yell SIT BOY!!
 
The words to the song Nobunaga played were…
 
 
-The Happiness of being me,
Is not what it's cracked up to be!
It's lonely being one… of a kind!
 
-With all the known variety,
The fame that nature gave to me!
It's lonely being one… of a kind!
 
-I wish that I could be
Like everyone I see.
Not different, just an ordinary guy
 
Who falls… in love
And leads the simple life
At least… I wish to have a chance to try.
 
-The Happiness of being me,
Is not what it's cracked up to be!
It's lonely being one… of a kind!
 
It's lonely…being…
One…of a kind!
 
 
That song made Shipo think, “Why would Nobunaga play a song like that if he has a home?”
 
 
Suddenly… up ahead were some armed me on horseback battling a Toad-Demon… a fight they seemed to be losing.
 
Inu Yasha jumped right into action, and destroyed the demon with his Iron Reaver Soul Stealer.
 
 
“Ha… that demon wasn't so tough.” He said.
 
Then the guards all aimed their weapons at Inu Yasha… “Don't let this demon get away!” growled the Captain.
 
Then he saw Shipo holding the flute. “You there… HALT!!” he shouted, and Shipo went pink.
 
“Oh…better get out of here while the going is tough!” cried Myoga, and he began to hop away… the little coward.
 
Shipo Kagome and Inu Yasha were taken forced up the path by the men, but as to why they did not know.
 
Inu Yasha would have gladly slaughtered the guards for them, but Kagome warned him not to… or else!
 
They passed the hill where they had met Nobunaga, and realized they were heading north.
 
“Uh… excuse me?” asked Kagome, “But what was with you and that demon back there?”
 
“That is of no concern to you!” snarled the Captain.
 
Soon they all arrived it what Nobunaga had said was his homeland… Kai.
 
On a hill located at the other side of the village was a Royal palace where all the village people had gathered.
 
The guards untied them all. “Nice place.” Said Inu Yasha. A village boy standing beside them told him to hush.
 
“Our high-lord is not in a good mood.” He said softly, “You will be punished if you interrupt.”
 
“Interrupt… what?” asked Kagome.
 
The boy pointed at the deck near the palace where sat an old, yet angry looking young man.
 
Sitting next to him was a beautiful young girl about Nobunaga's age. She also had long black hair tie in a white ribbon.
 
Yet... she looked as though she was going to cry… as she and the man watched a few jesters perform in front of them.
 
“That is our Lord-ruler of Kai… Lord-Hime.” Said the boy. “… And that is his daughter, Princess Tsuyu.”
 
“The Princess has fallen in love. She has her heart set on marry a perfectly nice young man, by the name of Nobunaga.”
 
“You mean… Omari Nobunaga? The one that plays the flute?” asked Shipo.
 
“Yes. She and Nobunaga had been close since they were children” Said the boy.
 
“However… the Lord will simply not allow marriage because Nobunaga is a commoner.”
 
“Nobunaga ran away form Kai because he could not bear to be so close to the Princess, and yet be unable to marry her.”
 
“Now our Princess is filled with unhappiness.”
 
“When his daughter is unhappy; the lord is unhappy; and if the lord is unhappy…!”
 
“ENOUGH!!” roared the Lord. “Take him away to the dungeon!”
 
Kagome didn't like the way he treated those jesters. They tried their best to help the Princess… even thought she was now really crying.
 
“BRING ME MY ROYAL MUSICIANS!!” growled Lord-hime.
 
Three young me walked out in front of him. One with a small harp... one with a small bongo-drum… and one with a small gong.
 
“I CALLED FOR ALL MY MUSICIANS!!” yelled Lord-Hime… “Where is my Flute player?”
 
Shipo was suddenly forced into the circle by one of the guards. “Hey… what's going on? I'm not a musician!”
 
“That's a flute…isn't it?” growled Lord-hime.
 
“Yes… but it isn't - -“
 
“THEN PLAY!!”
 
The Musician with the gone silently spoke to Shipo, “Welcome to the band.” He said.
 
“I am Shiro… I play the Zither.”
 
“I am Tenshin… I play the Bongo.”
 
“And I am Mitsurrugi… I play a small gong.”
 
“Our… other colleague, Nobunaga plays the flute, but he is nowhere to be found.”
 
Shipo's insides gave a cold churn when the Lord screamed… “PLAY!!!”
 
The regular Musicians played well, but Shipo was still to small to blow enough air to make the flute sound right.
 
“ENOUGH!!” bellowed the Lord, which made the whole place shake.
 
“You call that playing a flute? Why a monkey sounds better than you.”
 
“TAKE HIM AWAY…TO THE DUNGEON!!”
 
“Dungeon?” cried Shipo. “I don't like the sounds of that.”