InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cupid Shippo. ❯ I need your help ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
Kagome and Inu Yasha visited Shipo down in the dungeon, where a few other entertainers had been held prisoner for weeks.
 
“You guys have to get me out of here.” Cried Shipo, “I'm still young, I have so much to live for.”
 
Inu Yasha and Kagome did want to free him and the others, but they were being kept an eye on by the guards, and couldn't try anything funny.
 
“Take my advice strangers.” Said one of the other prisoners. “Even if you were to escape from Kai… if the Lord's soldiers do not capture you… the toad demons shall.”
 
“Okay… I want some answers.” Said Inu Yasha, “What the heck is it with these demons anyways.”
 
The man sat back down and told the whole story.
 
Nobunaga was found in the woods as a baby after his parents died at the hands of those demons.
 
It was seemed that those Toad-Demos are attracted to feelings of unhappiness and sorrow.
 
But their best feed…was ANGER!!
 
“Anger?” asked Kagome, “So the Lord was angry long before Nobunaga came here?”
 
The other man nodded.
 
“As long as there is anger, and unhappiness… destroying the demons will not save our village.”
 
“The only way to stop those demons completely… is to revive the happiness our village once knew.”
 
“But… as you can tell. As long as our Princess is unhappy, then our lord is angered by it… which attracts the demons.”
 
“Haven't any you ever told him that?” asked Shipo. The other man nodded his head.
 
“The Lord is aware of this, but rather than change his angered ways, he resorts to sending out the army to battle these monsters.”
 
“But the battle has been going on for quite some time now… and our forces have grown weary by the whole thing.”
 
Shipo had heard enough. “Then there's only one way we can save the village. “He said.
 
“FOX-FIRE!!” Shipo blasted his flames at the wooden bars burning them away.
 
“Shipo, what have you done?” cried Kagome.
 
“An enormous mistake is what!” answered the Captain of the guards behind them. “The Lord will see you all executed for this.”
 
“Inu Yasha!” cried Kagome.
 
But Inu Yasha just sat in a corner, “I'll help, but only if I can kill them in the process.” He said.
 
Kagome and Shipo were cornered into the cell. The Guards blades were just inches away from their chests when.
 
CONK!!
 
Someone who was dressed in a purple robe, and hood hit the men from behind.
 
The guards toppled on top of each other unconscious, and the cloaked figure motioned form them to follow him.
 
 
Neither of them knew if it was safe, but this person did just save them, so they all followed him out of the dungeon.
 
The other Guards sounded the warning bells alerting the army that the prisoners had all escaped.
 
Unfortunately at the time, most of the men were busy dealing with two Toad-Demons that had broken into the land.
 
Kagome and Shipo ran towards the front gate of the village, but a third Demon blocked their path.
 
“We're going to be eaten alive!” cried Shipo.
 
“Not today!” said Kagome, and she shot it with a Sacred Arrow, and the Demon was vaporized.
 
“Good shot, Kagome!”
 
“It's all in the reflexes.”
 
Lord-Hime's Scream was heard from the palace. “THERE THEY ARE… DON'T LET THEM ESCAPE!”
 
Several other soldiers went riding on horseback into action. Kagome and Shipo would have run for it, but the Toad-Demon had just regenerated himself.
 
“That's right… anger feeds them!” cried Shipo.
 
The guards rode in closer, and would have caught them had Inu Yasha not leaped in and grabbed them.
 
“Something tells me, we've worn out our welcome.” He leaped away and left the men to do battle with the demon.
 
However… a few of the guards were able to follow them out through the gate and into the woods.
 
“They're gaining on us!” cried Shipo.
 
“I'm going as fast as I can!” snapped Inu Yasha.
 
“It's not going to be fast enough!” cried Kagome.
 
“We will catch you hoodlums yet!” snapped the captain of the guards!
 
Inu Yasha had an idea. He quickly leaped up into the trees creating a short cut to get up ahead.
 
The he withdrew the Tetsusaiga, and slashed down several of the trees, creating one solid wall between them and the Lord's men.
 
“By the time they get around that… we'll be miles away!” said Inu Yasha as he and company proceeded further into the woods.
 
On the other side of the wall, they guard had already begun hacking away at the wall of fallen trees.
 
“We'll catch those infidels even if it takes a decade!” yelled the captain.
 
 
The Next morning
 
Inu Yasha and friends were sitting in the woods relaxing after that rather unpleasant run through he night,
 
When Shipo woke up first he found the person in the purple cloak that had saved them the other night,
 
He pulled off his hood, and it turned out that he wasn't a he after all… it was that same girl sitting beside Lord-Hime the other day.
 
“Hey… I know you.” He said, “You're Princess Tsuyu… the Lord's daughter.”
 
The Princess nodded.
 
“What's a little squirt like you doing way out here?” asked Inu Yasha,
 
“Inu Yasha!” Growled Kagome.
 
“Why did you help us?”
 
“Because I need your help.” Said Tsuyu, “You see… I wish to find Nobunaga. For I have felt so unhappy without him near, and being able to hear the gentle music he plays.”
 
“I'm certain he is hiding out there somewhere, but with all the Toad-Demons roaming about, it is far too dangerous for a young girl like me to travel alone.”
 
Inu Yasha snorted, “Well whatever… we don't have time to baby-sit you, so just ask the guards to help you!”
 
“SIT BOY!” snapped Kagome, and Inu Yasha hit the dirt. “What he means to say is… we'd love to help you out.”
 
“You can count on us, Princess.” Said Shipo, “We'll help you fins him… or die trying.”
 
Inu Yasha looked up from the mud, “Fine… just so long as I don't end up like this again!” he mumbled.
 
How they were going to find Nobunaga's hideout would not had been really easy without anything to help them.
 
Shipo then remembered that he still had Nobunaga's flute with him, and Inu Yasha was able to distinguish Nobunaga's scent on the flute from the rest of the other scents.
 
And so our friends we're really on their way… but not one of them knew exactly where they were going.