InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cupid Shippo. ❯ Only when I am with you. ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
As they followed Inu Yasha, Tsuyu told her story of Nobunaga and her as children.
 
 
He was always so very kind to her, he one-time even accidentally fell horse-dung. The best part she admired, was his music.
 
Nobunaga never knew his own parents, as said they died at the hands of those Toad-Demons.
 
The truth was, if it weren't for the village people of the Takada clan who found him… Nobunaga would have surely died!
 
When he was a little older, her father sent him to work with the farmers in their field.
 
However, they worked him tirelessly without ever giving him a moment of rest, and they were cruel to him beyond imagination.
 
The only thing that kept Nobunaga going was the only memory of his parents. A few simple songs they used to hum to him.
 
Nobunaga wanted to keep that memory of his parents alive, and he spent many restless nights carving several flutes out of wood.
 
Once he had successfully designed the right flute, Nobunaga practiced day ad night.
 
Before long… he play as beautifully as he did now.
 
So beautiful… the Lord had in fact allowed Nobunaga a place in the palace as a royal musician.
 
Nobunaga and his colleges played music for many of the town's people, even those who had come from afar just to hear him play.
 
But by far… the one he seemed most inspired by was Princess Tsuyu.
 
Even though they were still young children, they both knew that they had fallen in love.
 
It was as if they had been drawn together not by music, but by fate itself, and from that moment on… they had become inseparable.
 
As they grew older, Tsuyu inspired Nobunaga to play other songs… Songs that were soothing, and blissful to the hearts complexion.
 
Princess Tsuyu and Nobunaga had never before felt so in love… and right when they thought things couldn't get any better…
 
They had decided to take the long endless journey… of Marriage, but the Lord had discovered their plans, and saw no other way but to forbid the marriage.
 
The two young lovers never had before felt so hurt before. It was as if a blow had struck them from above… and they were both filled with sorrows.
 
Then next day… Nobunaga ran away from the village. His heart had grown bitter and cold… unable to accept the fact that he was a commoner, and therefore could not be wedded to a Princess.
 
From that moment on, the Princess never did smile again. For her one and only true love had gone away.
 
This made her father so upset to see her like this that he had tried for countless days and nights to cheer her up again… but in vain.
 
All he had managed to do… was turn things from bad to worse.
 
He started turning meaner and angrier each passing day that the land of Kai no longer knew what peace and happiness was anymore.
 
To make matters even worse… strange Toad-demons had begun appearing in such great numbers.
 
As the days passed by, the Toads only kept returning to finish what they had started… and never had once showed any signs of retreating.
 
 
Kagome wiped her eyes at that sad tale.
 
Shipo told Tsuyu about the Demons, and how they were attracted to all the negative feelings in Kai… most of which coming from her father.
 
“So… then this is all my fault all this is happening.” Cried Tsuyu.
 
“Well, whether if it is or not, One things for sure… those men are sure to be hot on tails by now.” said Inu Yasha.
 
Far away
 
 
The Guards had indeed already broken through the wall, and were hot on their trail.
 
After all… they couldn't have gotten far with those foot prints in the forest.
 
“Let's move out men!” said the Captain, “Do as you wish with them, but the lord had instructed we bring them back all alive and not as hostages.”
 
 
Meanwhile
 
The gang had followed the last of the flutes scent which lead them to a little cave in a small rocky hill by the waterfalls.
 
Nobunaga wasn't inside, but no mistaking it, this was indeed where he had been hiding all this time.
 
There was a small bed that was composed of a small sheet over a thick layer of moss.
 
A smaller waterfall inside in the corner for washing.
 
A small bonfire… and naturally, small musical sheets and spare flutes that Nobunaga was working on.
 
“Gee… I never knew Nobunaga loved his music this much.” Said Shipo.
 
Tsuyu sighed in relief that her love was alive and well, but she still did wonder where he had gone.
 
Suddenly… the sound of people screaming was heard from outside.
 
Everyone rushed out to see a smaller village up ahead being threatened by more Toad-Demons.
 
“Well, well… it's looks like we're in for a fight.” Said Inu Yasha as he cracked his knuckles. “You coming, Kagome?”
 
Kagome got on his back… “Shipo… you stay here and protect the Princess for us.” She said.
 
“What… but--”
 
“No buts, Shipo.” Said Inu Yasha. “The last thing we need is you getting in trouble too.”
 
Then they were gone.
 
Shipo folded his arms, pursed his lips and sat down in the corner. “It's not fair… it's just not fair.” He mumbled.
 
But suddenly… he felt something walking on his head. “Yeow… get it off me… Get it off me!”
 
Tsuyu gently picked the little creature off his head. “Hmm…m…m… fear not it is only a little lost monkey.” She said.
 
Shipo then suddenly recognized the monkey was Hiyoshimaru… Nobunaga's Monkey.
 
The little monkey hopped out of the Princess' arms and began frolicking about in panic.
 
“I think he's trying to tell us something.” Said Shipo, and with that, Hiyoshimaru leaped towards the door.
 
“I think he wants us to follow him.”
 
“But Young-Shipo… we were told to remain here.” Said Tsuyu.
 
Shipo shot her a straight look, “Do you want to find Nobunaga, or spend the rest of your life unhappy?” he asked.
 
Obviously there was no arguing it. She raced out of the cave along with Shipo.
 
Only to bump into the Lord's men heading right for them. “There they are!” cried the Captain.
 
“Oh no!” cried the Princess. “What shall we do?”
 
“The only thing we can do… STALL THEM WITH FOX-MAGIC!!”
 
Shipo Whipped out three of his spinning tops, and his magic grew them larger. This scared the horses and made jump about… keeping the guards from proceeding.
 
“Move out… that won't hold them for long!” then he and Tsuyu down the path.