InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cupid Shippo. ❯ Cupid Shippo. ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
One of the Toad-Demons had burst through the wall of a house and had cornered a mother and her baby.
 
“SOMEONE HELP!!” cried the mother.
 
The Toad-Demon stuck out his long sharp-tongue ready to strike them both…
 
“Oh no you don't!” growled Inu Yasha, “IRON REAVER SOUL STEALER!!”
 
The Demon was slashed to pieces, but Inu Yasha could stick around for thanks. More Toads were appearing faster than he and Kagome could kill.
 
Kagome shot and Arrow at one Toad only to have two more come after her. Eventually, She ran out of arrows.
 
“Hee… hee… hee! Fresh meat!” chuckled the demon.
 
“Head's for you… and tails for me!” said another.
 
The Sharp-Tongues had nearly grazed Kagome's shoulder when they were cut off by a katana.
 
“Nobunaga.” Said Kagome.
 
He smiled at her, “Pleasure to run into you as well Lady Kagome.” He said with a smirk.
 
Inu Yasha hopped over and joined him in the onslaught… and before long the Demons had started to retreat.
 
“Master Inu Yasha… you are here also.” Said Nobunaga. “But where is your other companion? The young Fox?”
 
“Kagome… Inu Yasha!” came Shipo's voice.
 
They all turned and saw him and Tsuyu coming towards them.
 
“Nobunaga!”
 
“Princess Tsuyu!”
 
The two young lovers raced towards each other, only to have the last of the Toads to butt in.
 
“Going somewhere!” it asked.
 
“FOX-FIRE!!” cried Shipo as he roasted the Toad to a crisp. That was the last one.
 
Princess Tsuyu jumped into Nobunaga's arms, and he twirled her around passionately.
 
“Princess Tsuyu… how ever did you find me here?” he asked.
 
“It was thanks to Hiyoshimaru, and Young-Shipo.” She answered.
 
Nobunaga reached down and patted Shpio on the head, “I can't ever thank you enough.” He said.
 
Shipo turned red, and folded his hands behind his back. “Aw… it was nothing, really.” He said shyly.
 
Then Nobunaga noticed what Shipo had on him. “My flute… I was wondering where this was.” He said.
 
He immediately raised the flute to his lips and played a rather cheerful tune.
 
Kagome and the Princess applauded, and as usual, Inu Yasha just turned away and snorted.
 
“That was wonderful.” Said Kagome.
 
Tsuyu held his hands. “Nobunaga… those terrible demons are continuing to attack our homeland.” She said, “And all because my father isn't cheerful anymore.”
 
Everyone realized what that meant… Nobunaga would have to return to the palace.
 
“But… I can only be happy if I am with you, my Princess.” He said sadly as he drew her into a tender hug.
 
“But our happiness puts the kingdom in danger.” Said Tsuyu as tears cascaded down her cheeks. “Perhaps we should… Give up!”
 
“But you can't just give up like this!” said Kagome.
 
“I agree.” Added Shipo, “You've got to go and talk to the lord, and make him understand that no one will be happy this way.”
 
Kagome glared at Inu Yasha, “Aren't you going to help out?” she snarled.
 
“Look… I just don't do mushy stuff anymore; it's not me!” said Inu Yasha.
 
Shipo saw that Inu Yasha wouldn't be much help. “There has to be a way for us to tell the lord…”
 
“That you are sorry for what you've done!” Came a familiar voice. The Captain and his guards had them surrounded.
 
“And that you will never again defy his orders!”
 
Outnumbered, and unwilling to get in even more trouble, they all gave up and headed back to Kai with the guards.
 
Back at the Palace
 
Nobunaga had apologized to the Lord for defying orders and he would never do such a thing again.
 
 
Now usually the lord would sentence people who defied him to the dungeon, but he seemed rather cheerful.
 
“I'm just relieved to have you and my daughter back.” He said, “In fact… I've never felt so cheerful before.”
 
Tsuyu didn't seem at all cheerful. In fact, she looked even unhappier than before.
 
But the lord decided to rejoice his happiness returned with some Royal music, and called out the other three musicians.
 
“Play!” he said kindly.
 
But the four men started playing a rather sad and weepy tune. So sad, that the Princess buried her face in a handkerchief and began to cry.
 
In almost no time, everyone in the whole palace courtyard was crying, even Kagome had a few tears to shed. “Wow… that music is so sad.” She sobbed.
 
Even the Lord himself began to weep, “I'm… I'm so merry!” he sobbed.
 
Only the Musicians, Inu Yasha, and Shipo weren't crying. In fact Inu Yasha was just downright bored.
 
But Shipo decided to take action. “All I can stand, I can't stand anymore.” He said. “I'm going to fix this!”
 
He silently approached the lord, cleared his throat and… “Uh… excuse me… Sire?” he peeped.
 
The Lord looked up from his sobbing, “Who dares to interrupt?” he asked still crying.
 
“Pardon me…” said Shipo “But anyone can see that you're not really happy at all.”
 
“And the Toad-Demons will never stop attack the land until everyone is happy again; including you.”
 
Kagome looked up from her sobs, “Shipo!” she said under her breath.
 
“Well…” sobbed the Lord as he pointed over at the Princess who was still sobbing into her handkerchief.
 
“… How am I ever to become a merry man again when my daughter is so miserable?” he asked.
 
“Oh… it breaks my heart to see her so unhappy.”
 
“Then there's no other way.” Said Shipo, “You'll just have to let her marry Nobunaga.”
 
The musicians dropped their instruments and gasped along with the rest of the crowd.
 
“But… But… Nobunaga is a Commoner!” said the Lord.
 
“But wouldn't he become a Prince if he were to marry her?” asked Shipo.
 
Tsuyu and Nobunaga both looked up with hope.
 
“Well… yes.” Said the Lord, “But… he would still be both a Musician, and an orphan.”
 
“A Royal-Musician… with You as a father in-law.” Replied Shipo.
 
The Lord thought, and thought. “Come to mind of it…” he said, “Having a musician in the family… might even be enjoyable.”
 
There was no more questioning it, “The Marriage will be permitted!” he proclaimed, and the crowd burst into applause.
 
Tsuyu hugged her father tenderly, “Thank you, Daddy.” She cried. Then she got down and hugged Shipo, “and thank you, Young-Shipo.”
 
She pecked him on the cheek and Shipo went all red again.
 
Finally, she ran into Nobunaga's arms and the couple shared a passionate kiss in front of the whole crowd making them cheer even greater.
 
 
The Next Day
 
 
Nobunaga and the Princess were married at last, and the Lord couldn't be happier.
 
This of course did mean that the Toad-Demons would seek some other unhappy village to terrorize now… but Kai would be safe.
 
 
Shipo and friends had been personally invited as special guests.
 
“Oh wow… they look ever so happy together.” Said Kagome as she eye the dancing Bride and Groom, “And it was all thanks to you, Shipo.”
 
She looked around. “Shipo…? Shipo…?!”
 
“Up here, Kagome.”
 
Shipo was standing in one of the trees with wings made of leaves on his back, and smaller bow in his hands.
 
“What are doing?” asked Kagome.
 
“Well… I decided to be just like that Cupid guy you told me about.” Said Shipo.
 
“I'm going to fly around the world and shoot people with my arrows of love.”
 
He aimed a sharp twig in the bow and took aim… “Uh Shipo… WAIT!!” cried Kagome, but Shipo had already fired the arrow.
 
“OWCH!!!”
 
 
“Uh oh…!” cried Shipo as an extremely angry Inu Yasha left into the tree with the arrow lodged into his head.
 
“Uh… hee… hee… Hi Inu Yasha!” he said all shaky.
 
Inu Yasha picked Shipo, “So you want to be Cupid, huh?” he asked annoyingly, “Well first you have to know to fly!”
 
“Ahhh….Kagome!”
 
“Inu Yasha… SIT!!” snapped Kagome, and it was Inu Yasha who fell out of the tree instead of Shipo.