InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Daughter of Momoko ❯ Who are you to her? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
“No...Ugh...Let go Kai...Ughhhhh.” Said Misaki as Kai pulled her away from the village army's training base.

He turned to face her, “No, Misaki, you've been training for two days straight. Have you even eatten or rested.”

She turned her head to look away from him.

“You haven't have you,” he sighed. “That isn't good, you're over working yourself.

“I don't care I don't want to rest.” She said still trying to fight her way out of his grasp.

Misaki, you are too stubborn, he thought as he pulled her into the forest. He pulled her further and further away from the base. He then stopped in front of a large tree. He carried a small bag; he sat it down and then sat down himself, pulling Misaki down with him. She grunted as her bottom hit the ground. Kai pulled a bun out of the small bag he was carrying and handed it to Miskai. She slowly took the bun and quickly ate it.

“Doesn't that feel better,” he said smiling at her. She turned her head; she was still frustrated at the fact he took her away from the base. Kai then pulled a black canteen out of the bag and handed it to her.

“Here, have some water as well.” She took it, still glaring at him with frustration. She quickly gulped down the water. After she was finished the two of them sat under the tree in silence. Kai was looking up at the sky then he faced Misaki. He turned to see her leaning against the tree fast asleep. He smiled at her. He then pulled out a small balled up sheet that was also in the bag and put it over her.

“Mother...” Misaki said in her sleep as she turned. She kept turning back and forth. “Mother...No.”  Her eyebrows furrowed. The frown on her sleeping face continued for many more minutes. “Mother please..” “Mother!”

Misaki quickly jumped up. She was panting and sweating. She looked to her side and saw a sleeping Kai. What a terrible dream...mother, she thought gripping something under her shirt on her chest. She looked and notice that it was now early morning. She got up and place the sheet on Kai. She smiled then walked off.

Bankotsu and the rest of the band of seven were sitting around a castle they conquered. Around them laied the bodies of the guards and residents of the castle. Bankotsu sat on the steps, next to the one with  the painted lips, drinking saki.

“Jakotsu you could have left at least one woman alive to pour our drinks.” He said sipping on saki.

“Big brother is it alright if I go out and try to see if there's a village around. The girl we're searching could be in one of them.” Renkotsu asked coming out of the castle.

Bankotsu turned around to see him, “sure,” he then took another sip of saki.

Renkotsu nodded.

“I want to come too,” Jakotsu said jumping up with joy.
“Alright,” Renkotsu said making his way down the steps. The two of them walked off; they were followed by the huge green haired member.

“I guess Kyokotsu is going as well.” Bankotsu said sipping more saki. He slowly pulled the small cup away from his lips and stared into it looking at his reflection.

Misaki walked through, the forest looking up at the sky, trying to clear her mind. Renkotsu, Jakotsu, and Kyokotsu walked through a forest they soon stumbled upon. Misaki continued walking through many trees. The three band of seven members walked through many trees. Misaki soon came to a small opening in the forest. The three members came to a small opening of the forest and stopped once they seen a young woman standing by a tree. They eyed her and she eyed them curiously.

Kai woke up in shock. Where did she go? He thought as he got up and walked off, leaving the sheet on the ground.

Renkotsu pulled the painting from out of his shirt and looked at it. He squinted his eyes to get a better look at the girl, who was slowly walking in there direction. He then grinned. “That's her,” he said to his comrades showing them the painting. The two of them looked at the picture and they too grinned.

Misaki was walking slow because to her these guys seemed suspicious. As she walked she never took her eyes off of the three of them. She stopped as she noticed the one wearing the female kimono pulled out a sword. She then put her hand behind her back and gripped her staff. What are these guys up to? She thought readying herself for an attack.

Jakotsu whipped his sword in her direction. Her eyes widen as she quickly tried to dodge it. She moved quickly enough not to get seriously injured. She winced as she noticed a small cut on her arm. What kind of sword was that?, she thought looking at her bleeding cut. The sword was like a snake; it had many many blades connected to one another. Jakotsu pulled his sword back to him. “How do you like the taste of my Jakotsutou?'  

“Who the hell are you!” Misaki said holding the spot where her arm was cut.

“Members of the band of seven.” Renkotsu said.

Her eyes widen as she remembered what the elder soldier had told her. “The band of seven huh...So you were ordered to take my life, isn't that right.”

“Pricesly,” Renkotsu said grinning.

“Say goodbye!” yelled Jakotsu as he swung his sword yet again. The blades came towards Misaki. She jumped to dodge them. He kept throwing his blades at her. She kept jumping, turning, dodging them every way possible.

Jakotsu began to get angry. “Be still woman!.”

Kyokotsu soon walked forth. Jakotsu stopped swinging his sword. Kyokotsu was a few feet in front of Misaki. She looked up gasping to his size. He was so big and so ugly to Misaki. Kyokotsu raised his balled up hand and quickly threw it down. Misaki opened her mouth to scream at the huge hand that was about to crush her. In a blink of an eye Kyokotsu's hand was severed from his wrist.
Kai stood in front of Misaki, sword out. He turned to her, “Are you alright?” She nodded. Kyokotsu lifted his other hand, Kai noticed and jumped up high to cut it off as well. He then jumped down slightly and slit Kyokotsu's throat. Kyokotsu's throat bled excessively and he soon fell to the ground. Renkotsu and Jakotsu quickly moved before they were crushed.

“He killed Kyokotsu! But it is very handsome.”

“Jakotsu stop talking like that a comrade has just fallen.” Renkotsu said.

“Sorry.”

In the bushes not to far away from the scene laid Hebi, watching every last minute of it.

Hosen stood in his castle with the small mirror in front of him, watching the scene through Hebi's eyes.

“So my foolish son is protecting that girl.” He gritted his teeth at the sight. “He always had a soft spot for filthy, weak humans. What is his relation to her?” He continued to watch the scene through the mirror.

The short stubby member of the band of seven was walking through the forest to find his comrades. From a short distant he seen two of his comrades standing facing a girl and a demon. He then noticed Kyokotsu's body laying dead on the ground. He gasped, he turned to run. I have to tell Bankotsu about all of this, he thought as he ran out of the forest back to the castle.

When he finally reached the castle and Bankotsu he dropped to his knees out of breath.

“Hey what's wrong Mukotsu?” Bankotsu asked walking up towards him. The other members also watched him as he panted.

“Kyokotsu is dead!”

Bankotsu eyes widen, “What, who killed him?”

“I'm not certain, but I believe a demon did it. The demon was holding out a bloody sword, so it had to be him.”

“Damn, what about Jakotsu and Renkotsu?”

“They are alright. I believe they found the girl. There was a girl with the demon and if I am not mistaken she's the one in the painting.” Mukotsu said now on his feet.

Bankotsu's eyes widen yet again. “They didn't kill her?,” he said eyes low.

“No, she seemed fine.”

Bankotsu sighed with relief, making Mukotsu eye him curiously.

“Lets go!” Bankotsu yelled to the other members. “Mukotsu show us where they're at.” Mukotsu nodded and began to walk; they followed.
Jakotsu swung his sword towards Kai. Kai blocked the blades with his sword. Jakotsu then grinned and moved his blades toward Misaki. Kai quickly smacked them out of the way with his blade. “You okay?”

“Kai stop treating me like a victim!” She pulled out her staff. “I am not going to let you protect me, I am not going to be a damsel in distress.” She held her staff in both of her hands in front of her.

Ignoring her words Kai stood in front of her, ready to protect her from what ever attacks they threw. Jakotsu raised his sword and was about to attack when he heard a, “Yo!” Him and Renkotsu turned around to see Bankotsu and the other band of seven members closing in.

Bankotsu walked up passed Jakotsu and Renkotsu. He stared at the demon and then his eyes wandered to the girl. Misaki walked pass Kai to get a better view and once she seen him she froze. “Bankotsu?” She said looking at him confused. He stared back at her; she couldn't read his eyes.

Kai looked at her, then back at Bankotsu, “Who are you?”

“I am the leader of the band of seven,” Bankotsu said glaring at Kai.

Misaki gasped, He's the what? No, no no no...Why is he.

“Who are you to her?” Bankotsu asked staring at Kai with a deadly glare.

Kai raised an eyebrow. “That's non of your concern. WHY IS IT THAT YOUR COMRADES ARE ATTACKING HER.”

With that the spiky haired member with the claws ran readying to attack Kai. They began to fight. Misaki kept her eyes on Bankotsu. Her eyes were becoming watery, but she held back. She then swiftly turned around and stormed off.

“Misaki!” Kai said abandoning his battle and followed her.

“Get back here!” The black, spiky haired component shouted.

“Let them leave,” Bankotsu said having his men all stare at him.

“Why big brother?”

Bankotsu didn't answer; he walked off making his way out of the forest. The rest of them soon followed. What is he not telling us? Renkotsu thought.

“Wait up Misaki!” Kai shouted quickly catching up. “What's wrong? Did you know him..The leader that is.” Kai said now right behind her. She was quiet she didn't answer. She walked and with her walk you could tell she was angry.

“Misaki? Come on answer me.” He grabbed her wrist to stop. He tried to pull her to face him, but she made sure their eyes didn't meet. “Why won't you talk to me?”

“Let go!”
Kai eyes widen a little. “I will once you tell me if you know him or not.”

She snatched her wrist away from his grasp. She then faced him; eyes full of anger and hurt. “I do know him, or at least I did!”

Kai was a little shocked, “Why is it do you know the leader of those bastards that just tried to kill you?” his face giving off a more serious look.

“He lived in the village with me okay! He was apart of the army a young soldier, and we were close!”

“You were close?”

She turned her head slightly away from him; she could feel tears forming. Do not cry in front of him you coward, she thought before speaking. “I spent almost every moment with him. I cared for him more than anyone. He was my first-” She stopped as she thought back to all the kisses they shared.

Kai stared at her. He understood now how close they were, and it pained him.

“Then a year ago he left.” She said as she fully turned away. Kai followed silently trying his hardest to ignore the pain in his chest. Misaki walked  angry at the tears she was forming, angry at the damn thought replaying in her head. The thought of when he left.

Flash back
1 year ago

Bankotsu walked up to the hut of the priestess Kaede. He peeked inside to see if her grand daughter was in there, but to Bankotsu's disappointment she wasn't. He turned around making his leave only to be startled by the girl he was looking for.

“Hahaha, did I scare ya?” Misaki said smiling.

“No!” He said frowning.

She continued to laugh. He smiled at her laughing face before saying, “Can we go some where and talk.”

She stopped laughing and nodded. They walked far; out side of the village almost.

“Bankotsu, what is it?” Misaki asked. Bankotsu didn't look at her he stared out towards all in front of him.

“I'm leaving.”

She was taken aback from his words. “W-what?”

He then stared at her. “Today was the second time I went into serious battle, but battling isn't serious to me. It's more of a game..No, maybe not a game. What I am trying to say is that it was a blast. I do not want to stay cooped up in this village any more. I want to live my life like there's no tomorrow. Doing what I want when I want, killing who ever I want.”
Misaki stood there quiet not knowing what to say or to do. Bankotsu turned to her putting both his hands on her shoulders. She looked down at the ground.

“I know I can't ask you to come with me.”

she continued looking down silently.

“Misaki are you mad?'

She quickly looked up at him angry, “Of course! You're leaving me behind to..to.. I don't even know!” She turned away from him. He used one of his hands to grab her chin. He moved her face to face his and he then moved his face closer to her.

Before he could kiss her she kissed him. They both closed their eyes savoring what could be their last kiss.

End of flash back
Converting /tmp/phpIrw5n0 to /dev/stdout