InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Daughter of Momoko ❯ She's still alive ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Misaki sat underneath a large tree outside her village. She had her knees to her chest and her hands clutching the top of her head. Her eyes were shut very tight, and her face read: sadness, and anger. Stop being such a baby you fool. Ugh, why am I being so weak. Why does he cause me to be so weak?

She sighed, then opened her eyes, and stood up. “I need to go for a walk.” She began to walk; she wasn't going any where specific just walking.

Else where Renkotsu was taking a walk. He was silently thinking to himself, I do not know why Bankotsu had us retreat when the girl was right there. She was in our grasp we could have killed her! I'll kill the girl myself if I have to. He then stopped once he came upon a shrine. Perfect, he thought as he grinned.

Misaki was walking down a road deep in her thoughts. As she walked she spotted two children playing. One was a girl and one was a boy. The boy was slightly taller and looked as if he was older. The little girl had her brown hair in short pigtails. They chased each other in a circle. Misaki stopped and watched the children. She smiled at them.

The boy stopped running once he noticed Misaki; this caused the girl to stop too. “Hey lady, you should come play with us.” He said as he motioned his hand for her to come over.

“Didn't your parents tell you not to mess with strangers?” Misaki asked.

“You're not a stranger, you're just a lady.” He replied, with the girl nodding her head next to him.

Misaki laughed, and walked over to them. She bent over and put her hands on her knees. She smiled at the children.

“I'm Oki, and this is my little sister Saiya.” He then said.

“Hello, I am Misaki.”

“Come on, Misaki, lets play,” Saiya said as she started to run. She laughed as she ran. Then suddenly she tripped over a rock. She fell and hit her head on the ground.

“Saiya!,” Oki yelled running up to his sister. Misaki followed. Once they got up to her they noticed she was unconscious. Misaki lifted her up off the ground.

“Is she going to be alright?” Asked Oki; his facial expression was that of concern.

Misaki eyed the girl, “She should be just fine. There is a scar on her head though. Is there any where we can take her to get that fixed up?”

“There is a shrine just ahead. There's monks who live there.” Oki said.

“Show me the way.” Oki began to walk off and Misaki followed.

They walked until they reached the shrine. Oki walked up the steps. At the top sat a monk. Misaki looked at him, but he turned his head away. He looks familiar. Thought Misaki, raising an eyebrow.

“Monk please help...My sister...She's hurt. Misaki walked up the steps carrying Saiya. The monk took a look at her and took her from Misaki's arms. He turned his back to them. “I will bring her inside to rest, and I will also treat her wound.” He walked inside the shrine.

“I'll wait with you okay. I want to make sure she's alright too.” Misaki said to Oki , smiling.

The two of them sat outside for some time. Finally, the monk stepped out of the shrine. “She is inside resting. If you want she is in the last room to the left.”

Oki ran inside after hearing that, followed by Misaki. Once they were inside the monk grinned. Perfect, this was easier than I thought. Soon she will be dead. He then went into an out house. He changed back into his regular clothes and grabbed his gourd.

Misaki and Oki walked inside of the room. They looked around, but didn't see Saiya. They suddenly heard a noise. They turned around to see the door behind them shut. Misaki began to worry, but before she could do anything she felt herself getting sleepy. She looked down only to see Oki on the floor sleep. She looks down and finds a small bottle releasing some kind of mist. Walking over to the bottle she falls on her knees. She fights the tiredness, but soon is overcome by it, and falls asleep on the ground.

Renkotsu steps out of the shrine. He takes in oil from his gourd and blows fire out of his mouth. He blows the fire all around the shrine. After he finishes he smiles. He walks over to a tree and watches as the place burns. Damn, I forgot about the necklace...Oh well as long as she's dead and I still get some pay.

Moments later Misaki wakes up to flames all around her. She gasped at the burning room she was in. She went over to Oki and shook him. Come on, wake up! He slowly opened his eyes. He jumped up and looked around. He screamed. “Calm down, we have to hurry and get out of here.”

“My sister...We have to get my sister.”

“Don't worry, we'll definitely get your sister.” Misaki assured him. I knew that man looked familiar. Should have known. He was one of the ones who attacked me those couple days ago!

Misaki slid the door open. The whole shrine was on fire. Misaki and Oki covered their mouths, tryning not to inhale the smoke. Misaki grabbed Oki's hand and started to walk. She made sure she walked carefully. As they were walking they heard cries.

“That's Saiya!” Oki shouted out.

“Keep your mouth covered!” Misaki said to him.

He did as he was told. They continued to walk some more. Misaki was trying her hardest to be careful with the child. As the walked they stepped over burning objects, and fanned thick smoke. Parts of the ceiling came falling down. Misaki stopped her and the boy in there tracks. The burning pieces laid in front of them.

How are we going to get over this? Misaki thought.

Oki watched the burning pieces in fright. He too wandered what they were going to do. Misaki bent down. “Get on my back,” she said to Oki, with her hand placed behind her back. Oki was hesitant at first. “Hurry!” He then quickly hopped on her back. She stood up with him on her back. She took a few steps back, and then ran. She jumped over the burning ceiling pieces.

After the jump her and Oki fell to the ground, but quickly got back up. There was a few rooms in the hall, and began to search the rooms they came upon. They each searched searched a separate room. Misaki opened one of the doors and found Saiya balled up in the corner. Flames surrounded the room. Misaki began to run, not caring about the flames. She dodged them to her best ability.

The heat was over whelming; it made Misaki feel as though she was going to pass out. She was finally up to the girl. The little girl looked up at her and smiled. Misaki picked her up. She began to run out of the room, holding Saiya close; trying to prevent her from getting burned.

Kai was strolling; he stopped once he smelled smoke. He followed his nose to where the smell was coming from. He reached a burning shrine. “Oh my gosh!” He screamed as he ran up to it. He noticed three figures coming out of the shrine. He came a little closer. His eyes widened once he saw Misaki and two children. “Misaki!”

He ran up to her. “Kai?” She said before tumbling over. He caught her and Saiya. From behind a tree Renkotsu watched.

Damn it, she's still alive. He then quickly made his leave.

Misaki woke up to a smiling Kai.

“You're alright that's good.”

She sprung up looking around. She was lying in grass. “Where are the children?”

“They are alright. They went back to their village; it wasn't far from here.”

Misaki sighed, “That's good.”

“How did you end up in a burning shrine anyway?”

Misaki paused, “I don't know. Me and the children fell asleep and when we woke up it was on fire.” She knew that one of the band of seven did that to them, but she rather keep that to herself.

“Why were you and the children-”

“I think I'm going to go home now,” she cut him off.

The next day Misaki was taking a walk. She had to clear her mind again. She heard foot steps in front of her, then they stopped. She looked up to a familiar face.

“Well, well if it isn't our little target.” Said the member who wore make up. “I don't know why we didn't kill you. Some reason Bankotsu decided to cease attacking you.

Misaki reached behind her back and gripped her staff. Jakotsu held his snake like sword in his left hand. He held it up to the right side of his face. “Today you'll die by Jakotsu's hands.”

He swung his blades toward her. She whipped out her staff and used it to deflect them. He swung them again and again. She dodged them by twisting and turning. She blocked them a couple times with her staff. Jakotsu was getting impatient with her; he threw his blades rather hard . She threw her staff out once again to block herself.

The blades got entangled around her staff. She tugged trying to untangle it. He pulled his sword, having her pulled along with it. He flung her. She flew slightly and hit the ground. She quickly got back up. Jakotsu flung his blades again, cutting her leg in the process.

She winced a little. She ran up to him, jumped up and pushed the end of her staff the his face. It hit him  right in the nose. He held his nose, and while he did she spun around swung her staff and hit his side.
He moved to the side a bit. He swung his sword. Misaki bent backwards to dodge it.

She jumped backwards and pushed her staff to his gut. She jumped backwards again after doing so. He threw his blades. They wrapped around her body. She stood still not knowing what to do. She was scared. He smiled evilly.

Jakotsu tugged his blades slightly. He kept smiling as he tugged. She winced at the blades cutting her skin. She shut her eyes, trying to take the pain. She was scared. The blades pierced into her skin. She moaned to the pain.

He tugged more. The deepened into her skin. She wanted to let a scream out. She had to get out of this, if not she would die. She tried to carefully slip out of the blades. It was no go. The cuts began to get longer. She gripped her staff with both of her hands. She pushed her staff up, having it touch one of the blades.

She pushed the blades up, cutting her in the process; they were slipping off her body. She felt Jakotsu tugging more. She quickly pushed them off her. She hit the blades having them fling at Jakotsu. The nearly cut his face. While he was taken aback by the fact his face was almost cut, Misaki took a run for it.

The sun set and, Misaki was walking through a flower field. He body cut up, her clothes torn; her long, black hair out, her eyes hurt, angry. Inside she was beating herself up for fleeting. I couldn't beat him...I couldn't beat him...I was too weak..I am to weak. She continued walking through the field.

The moon was full. It was big and bright. Misaki looked up to it, eyes still filled with pain, and disappointment. She came to a lake. The moons reflection glistening in it. She stopped.

In the corner of her eye she seen a figure. She turned to see non other than Bankotsu. He turned and noticed her as well.

“Misaki,” he said facing her. He took a step forward, but stopped once she stuck her rod out to him.

“Stay back!”

“Misaki?” he said quietly.
“Don't come near me. You and your band of seven just stay the hell away from me!” She then turned and ran off.

Bankotsu watched her as she ran. He then leaned down and punched the ground. “Damn.”
Converting /tmp/php3LGi5K to /dev/stdout