InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Daughter of Momoko ❯ She's the enemy ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Misaki was lying down in her grandmothers hut. She was bandaged up; hardly anything on. Kaede was mixing something into a small cup. She turned to face her granddaughter who was now sitting up. She looked at her. Misaki's hair was still out; she thought of Momoko when she looked at her, and how they resembled.

“Here drink this, it'll help ye heal.” Kaede handed her the cup.

Misaki leaned her head against the wall. She took the cup. She drunk it slowly. Once she was finished she laid back down. Her grandmother sat next to her.

“While you were sleep Kai stopped by. He was worried, I told him you were getting better.”

Misaki didn't say anything.

“He's a kind one.”

“Kai is a good friend.” Misaki said still lying down.

“Ye should show more appreciation towards his gratitude, and devotion to making sure you're alright.

Misaki turned to her side, facing the wall.

7 months ago

Misaki was walking, when she saw a young, tall, long haired demon fighting three other demons. The other demons he was fighting looked like lizards. She stopped to observe. The long haired demon with the ponytail used his claws to fight them off. They fight continued into a stream.

The three demons were surrounding him. They jumped on him and started to attack once more. He pulled out a sword and swung it. It swung it in a swift circular motion; cutting the three lizard demons, one by one. Two of them perished quickly. How ever before the third one perished he kicked the demon in the head. Once he kicked him the lizard demon perished, but the young man hit his head on a giant rock that was in the water.

He became unconscious. He floated through the stream. Misaki gasped as she noticed an upcoming waterfall. She ran on shore as she followed his body. Once he got closer to the waterfall, she jumped in the water. She struggled swimming up to him. Water was pulling her to the side, and it kept splashing into her mouth. She was now up to him. She grabbed onto a huge rock, and grabbed his hand. He was at the edge of the waterfall.

She struggled trying to pull him; he was too heavy. He slowly was coming too; he opened his eyes, and looked down. His eyes widened when he saw himself dangling over a waterfall. He felt someones grasp on him. He looked to his side and noticed a girl struggling with him. He tried to help her pull him up. With his help she managed to get him to the rock.

He was still out of it, so she helped him swim back to land. They finally made it back to the land. The panted and coughed once they reached it. He lied down on the ground. She sat next to him.

You tried to help me?” He rhetorically asked.
She nodded, “demons were attacking you why?”

He sat up, “you're a brave little human,” he said smiling.

Misaki frowned seeing that he didn't answer his question. “Okay, I'm brave so what. Being human means I am suppose to be a coward?”

He shook his head, “no...it's just you saved a demon..don't see that often.”

But it can happen, and it just did! Like I said before, why did those three attack you, or were you the one who picked the fight.”

They wanted to see if they could beat me.”

Misaki raised an eyebrow, indicating her curiosity.

They heard of my strength, and they were envious. I guess they decided to attack me in hopes of defeating me.”

She eyed him. He had long purplish gray hair, pulled up into a ponytail, and golden eyes.

Thank you for helping me. What is your name.”

She came out of her trance, “um..your welcome, and it's Misaki.”

My name is Kai,” he said smiling.

Misaki smiled back, he seemed kind. She noticed his four arm had a cut on it. The cut was fresh so it had to come form the recent battle. “You're injured.”

He looked down at it. “Oh I see, well it's okay.”

Not really,” she said untying the wrap from her kimono. Kai blushed.

Hey, your kimono is loose.”

It's fine I have one underneath.”

he looked there was a black shirt underneath her kimono. She used her belt and wrapped it around Kai's injury.

Thank you.” He said.

It's not a problem.”

Kai was sitting atop of a hill. The wind blew slightly having his hair blow along with it. He felt a presence behind him. He turned around to find Misaki. She was still bandaged, and noticed she changed her clothes. She wore a grayish blue, sleeveless kimono. The kimono was thigh length and she had a black belt wrapped around it. He noticed her hair was out, and he found her to be lovely.
She came next to  him and sat down. He continued to stare at her mesmerized. She looked at him and, he quickly turned his head. He had a slight blush on his cheeks.

“Um..Kai?”

“Misaki, why are you injured. When I asked you a couple days ago you shrugged off my question.”

She turned away.

“Misaki, did you run into the band of seven again, did they do this?'

She let out a sigh.

“Misaki what happened?” His voice showed his seriousness, and concern.

She turned to face him, “stop worrying, I'm alive aren't I?”

“Yes, and I am glad you are, but that isn't the point. You still end up hurt very badly, and you could have been killed.”

“I'm not going to worry, or be a burden to you. I am not telling you what happened.”

He was frustrated. She turned her head away from him, a frown on her face. He put his hands on her shoulders, having her face him. “Misaki, stop acting this way!”

“Like I said, I AM NOT TELLING YOU. You're my friend, yes, but do you think I want to be your burden; or a girl who needs saving all the time!. If I can't do for my self than maybe I am not worth protecting.”

He dug his fingers into her shoulders slightly. “I want to protect you, so stop being stubborn.”

“Last time someone protected me they lost their life,” she said with her head down.

Kai was surprised. What she had said was unexpected. He let go of her shoulders. He looked at her sad face, and felt bad.

“I am not telling you, alright. Deal with it.” She turned her back to him.

He looked at her, and sighed. It was no winning with her. He cared so much about her, but hated when she acted like this. They both sat there for a while. They were quiet for at least an half hour. Kai got up, and walked in front of Misaki. He bent down, and stared at her.

She raised an eyebrow, “what is it,” she said quite irritated.

“Misaki, I want you to know that I care about you....And I hope that you would try to keep safe.” He was blushing.

Misaki was also blushing. “I'll...T-try.”

He then stood up and smiled, looking down at her. She looked up at him and smiled as well. He reached his hand out. She looked at it before grabbing it, and he pulled her up.

She gave a excited smile before she ran down the hill. He was shocked by her action, but smiled, and followed. They both ran down the hill laughing. She then started to roll down the hill, and Kai did so as well. They continued to roll, and came to a stop. They laid on the grass laughing, and catching their breath.

Kai then sat up. He stared at the girl next to him, and smiled. “You're doing a lot, considering the fact that you still have injuries.”

“You're right, but oh well.”

He giggled a little, “oh well huh? You should take better care of your self.”

“I'm fine. Don't treat me like a baby, Kai.”

“Just trying to look out for you.”

She sat up, “thanks, but I am alright.” She gave him an assuring smile. They both stood up.

“Could you do me a favor though?” He asked. She looked at him waiting for him to ask.

“Can you please go, and rest. I really want you to get better.” He then lightly touched a small cut on her cheek, “I hate seeing you like this.”

She smiled, and nodded. She turned to leave, but Kai grabbed her wrist. She turned to look at him, “Kai?”

He was lost for words. He wanted her to go rest, but he also wanted to spend more time with her. He wanted badly to hold her. Then he thought of the leader of the band of seven, and he felt a pain in his chest. He remembered Misaki telling him that they were close, and she had cared about him more than anyone. He only hoped that Misaki would feel that way about him.

He then let go of her wrist. “Is something the matter?” She asked.

“Um...No...Please get some rest.”

She shrugged and then made her way back to the village.

Kai started to walk. He noticed something in the trees. He stopped to see if it would show. He froze up when the white demon snake slithered from the trees. Hebi, he thought.

The snake hissed. Kai could understand it. It told him his father wanted him. The snaked slithered away and Kai followed. Kai ended up at his fathers where-about.  He levitated up. Once he was higher he waved his hand, and a dark castle appeared.

Kai walked inside; behind him Hebi flew in. Once he was inside he saw his father standing in the middle of the floor with a mirror in front of him. His fathered looked unhappy. He walked up to him.
“Father..”

“Tell me, Kai, who is this young female you've befriended.”

Kai raised an eyebrow. At first he wandered how his father knew about Misaki, then he realized the mirror. He knew of his fathers ability to use Hebi's eyes.

“Her name is Misaki, and she's-”

“I know who she is!” His father cut him off. Kai stiffened at his fathers sudden outburst. “I've been watching her for years now, and I've been watching you interact with her for the past months.”

“Why, why were you watching Misaki?”

“She's the enemy.”

“The enemy...How..How is she the enemy, what is it that she has done to you?” Kai was puzzled. Misaki was stubborn, and easily aggravated; but she was so kind, and always willing to help others, not harm.

“She is the daughter of the priestess Momoko.”

Kai gasped, “What?”

“You're a disappointment for mingling with the one who sealed away your own father!”

“Father I-”

“You have options. You could please me by killing that girl, and stealing that necklace she always wear. You could betray me, or betray her, and we both know you don't want to betray your dear father do you.”
“Father she's my friend.”

“She's an enemy! If you continue being her friend, you'll be dead in my eyes. You'd be an utter disappointment. I want her dead, and I want that necklace.”

His father kept saying something about a necklace. Kai remembered seeing it on occasions. What's up with this necklace? He thought.

Hebi slithered around Hosens feet. Hosen glared at his son. “You'd never be forgiven.” He said.

Kai eyes furrowed. He didn't want to disappoint his father. He always wanted to please his father, but he couldn't stand the thought of betraying Misaki. He walked off. He began to walk around the castle as he thought.

What do I do. I cannot betray father, but Misaki.....Kill her? I could never do that, he continued walking through the castle, his head up. I won't disappoint father. He turned around, and walked back to where his father was.
“I don't want to disappoint you father.”

Hosen grinned, “she's our enemy.”

Kai put his head down, “Do I have to kill her?”

“You don't have to worry about that,” Hosen said still grinning evilly.


Converting /tmp/php2coEwh to /dev/stdout