InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Death and Peace ❯ Chapter 1: Normality ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: I’ve decided, since my mind just wouldn’t stop spitting out idea’s for this story to update it. Well, here it is, hope you enjoy it!

Disclaimer: I don’t own Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho or Saiyuki.

*Death and Peace*

By: Kage Otome

Chapter 1: Normality


Revenge.

How I despised it.

What no one seems to realize is that no matter if you fulfill your need for revenge someone would eventually come to claim their revenge for your vengeful deed. Revenge is a tireless, repetitive, never-ending cycle. Fools, the lot of them, thinking such a petty thing such as revenge will change things, make them right. Make things as they should be.

Although...

Sometimes, i’ve given thought to revenge myself. How very odd, I who oppose such a thing would consider fulfilling it. You can always slap another name on it but in the end, theirs death and pain and it’s still revenge if you’re out to kill them. But, sometimes it’s all that drives us, the thirst, the need for vengeance to be had. To repay those who have hurt us. Revenge is something that even through the darkest time keeps is going, because you can’t, you won’t rest until your revenge is carried out.

Revenge gives one strength.

And revenge blinds.

Revenge is created through, anger, hate, pain, sorrow and love.

And because it blinds us, we tend to forget that even though we may avenge the wrong done to us, we are wronging someone else, hurting someone else. That makes us just as bad as the person in which we seek to take vengeance upon.

It makes us so very spiteful.

So how can we preach upon fairness and justice?

When all one lived for was revenge, weren’t they just as bad as the monster they hunted? It does not take strength or courage or bravery to seek revenge. It takes true strength and character to walk away. To put it behind them. I’m not saying people are strong enough or willing to do that. I did once. But if someone who had hurt me, betrayed me, then attacked came around and started a fight. Well I wouldn’t be above defending myself. I probably wouldn’t have the strength to stop myself from killing them.

Revenge would always exist, there would always be someone out to get someone else for their vengeful deed and so on. Because nobody was that strong. Nobody was strong enough to resist the pull, the need to inflict pain, suffering and death on someone who had hurt them so deeply. No one. And if not them, someone else would do it for them or at the very least wish it.

But there are plenty of ways to gain revenge. Not all are through pain and death. Some are silly but all are hurtful. It’s no wonder throughout all these years there have been wars, battles and all this hate. Because of Revenge, in the end, past the pain the suffering was revenge. It would always be there.

It just was.

------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------------

I was angry.

Not just angry, down right pissed.

How dare that little runt make me do something so completely and utterly degrading. One thing was for certain, when I got my hands around that little twerps neck, I’d squeeze and shake watching as life drained from his eyes. Oh yes that little brat would pay. Snarling at the pervert to the left of me, I was sorely tempted to rip his eye’s clean out of their sockets. It is a very good method of torture. I’d tried it once on an overzealous demon who decided to attempt to rape me.

Ahem, yes, back to the situation at hand.

‘Congratulations, You have made it to the very top of my ‘Must Kill’ list, Koenma. You are the first to die.’ I thought maliciously, knowing he was watching or at the very least listening. I almost chuckled at the thought of his reaction, he must’ve been crapping his pants! Serves him right, making me play whore. Again.

Sure. I understand that I need to play a brainless slut to catch this demon that is kidnapping and selling off girls to willing customers. ‘Pleasure slaves’ he calls them. Disgusting. What I wouldn’t give to get him in a room, alone, with my toys. All the sharp little toys. I could’ve giggled. Good thing I didn’t otherwise he would’ve turned his attention to me. Damn. I shivered. That guy was creepy.

Ijiwaru stared at me like I was a piece of meat, just another piece of ass that could be bought or taken. Fucking pervert. Shifting against Sanzo I curled myself closer to him. Damn. I don’t know how long I can keep up the stupid, bimbo, whore act. And the outfit, if it could even be called that was seriously irritating. It was really just scraps of cloth tossed on her to be called clothes. I’m sure I’m indecent by any standards. And that's saying a lot.

It was official. I’m in Hell.

I pressed soft, feather light kisses against Sanzo’s neck to make the act more realistic. He always smelt so good. Pine and sandalwood. His grip tightened around my waist marginally, he got the message. Turning to place a chaste kiss on my lips, I smiled goofily against his lips adding to the image of ‘bimbo’.

Koenma was so dead.

“Do you have the girl, Ijiwaru?” Sanzo’s voice purred.

“Yes.”

“Good.”

& #8220;Where is she?”

“Show me the money first.” Stupid man.

Violet eyes locked with greedy blue orbs before revealing the contents of a slender silver case to Ijiwaru’s eyes. They filmed over in what I could only say was lust. Freaky and just a little disturbing. To lust over money. Suddenly his face turned into a mask of what I could only describe as madness. I shoved Sanzo out of the way of the poisonous dart that would’ve struck in the nick of time. It skimmed my arm and as a natural reaction, I hissed in displeasure.

Standing at my full height (which wasn’t very tall). I snarled at the bastard. He would get what he so richly deserved. Using my abilities, I immobilized him. Almost gently I stroked his face before raking my long nails down the left side of his face making deep gashes. It also tore an inhumane scream from him. Apparently I got his eye when I raked my claw-like nails down his face. I’m sorely thinking of kissing Jakotsu when I get home. Just for making me get the pedicure and manicure. Horrible as it was.

Grinning maliciously I stepped to the side letting the other three have a go at him. Well it was Sanzo really. He got horribly jealous sometimes. Turning away, I counted in my head from five. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...Bang! The bastard is dead.

When I turned I took in the scene, not one thing showing on my face. I was staring at a headless Ijiwaru’s body sprawled awkwardly on the floor. His brains were splattered on the wall in front of me. Koenma was going to have a fit no doubt, he would also have to explain this. We were supposed to make it a clean kill. No evidence and no bloody massacre.

What can I say?

Oops.

Stepping around the body Sanzo, Hakkai, Gojyo, Goku and I made our way out of the room. Just another day in the life of the Reikai Tantei and myself. Another boring, pretty uneventful day. At least until later. Because later.

Koenma would pay.

------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------

Transl ations:

Reikai Tantei:
Spirit Detective

Ijiwaru: Malicious; Ill-tempered; unkind.

A/n: I know your probably confused but all questions will be answered in future chapters. It may be slightly confusing for a while. But yes the Sanzo-ikkou are Spirit Detectives much like Yusuke. Kagome is also, all reasons will be revealed later. Review!