InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Death and Peace ❯ Chapter 2: Reikai ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: Okay, all of you who posted guesses to the challenge I issued, the winner is ShihanKitsune. She guessed Sanzo. Of course the pairing will not stay the same throughout the story, but I’m not telling which is the final pairing. So nyah. Childish, I know. She asked that I make a Bankotsu/Kagome story. So for ShihanKitsune. The Ban/Kag story will be out shortly according to your wishes.

Dedications: This is dedicated to ShihanKitsune.

*Death and Peace*

By: Kage Otome

Chapter 2: Reikai


I paced back and forth, back and forth. I knew I was annoying my detectives but, I couldn’t help it. I was extremely nervous. Kagome was scary when she was mad, and there is not one doubt in my mind that she will not only be mad but furious when she finds out her ‘role’ for the mission, I assigned her. Hopefully Sanzo can placate her. Maybe I can run away! Hide! Something. ‘She hit’s harder then father.’ I thought absently rubbing my behind. If Otou-sama found out about what I made her do again, I will no doubt have to suffer through another spanking session. I shivered.

King Enma is scary alone. Put him together with Kagome...

I shivered again.

They were not just scary, they were a nightmare’s nightmare.

The boogeymen of boogeymen!

Yusuke was the first to pop. I knew it!

“Why the hell are we here now Toddler?” He sneered.

Kagome would say he was very unattractive right now.

“Watch.” was all I could manage.

---------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------

The screen on the far wall flickered to life showing two men, one with long dark brown hair and wicked blue eyes. The other a blonde haired, violet-eyed man with a scowl decorating his handsome features. Perched against his side was an attractive woman dressed in scraps of cloth. They couldn’t clearly make out her features, because the camera only caught so much.

“Do you have the girl Ijiwaru?” The handsome blonde male asked.

“Yes.”

“Good.”

&# 8220;Where is she?”

“Show me the money first.” The dark haired man demanded.

The two locked gazes, before the unidentified blonde man revealed the contents of a briefcase to the man identified as Ijiwaru. Hiei snorted in disgust as he watched Ijiwaru’s eyes fill with lust. Despicable. Madness replaced the sane look in his eyes. They watched in stunned silence as the ‘whore’ pushed the blonde male out of the way. And hissed. Stunned, the watched as a cold, calculating intelligence filled her beautiful sapphire orbs.

She stood snarling at him. Then she stroked his cheek in an almost affectionate way before raking her claw-like nails down the side of his face, tearing a scream from the man. She grinned. Stepping to the side, they watched as the blonde male gazed at Ijiwaru with violet eyes spitting fire. His arm lifted as if in slow motion. And he blew his head apart. Literally.

With that the screen flickered off.

------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------

“Wh o the fuck was that?”

Yusuke, the ever eloquent one bellowed.

“Sanzo also known as Shi.” Koenma stated wearily. “Sanzo is the leader of my second team of Reikai Tantei. Goku, Gojyo and Hakkai are part of his team. The woman you saw, her name is Kagome. She’s her own team, occasionally she’ll help out Sanzo and the others if I request it of her. But her loyalties lie with my father. My father’s order take precedence over mine.” Koenma winced.

“What does this have to do with us Koenma-sama?” I asked, politely.

Curiously.

“Well, you see...”

“KOENMA-SAMA!” The young ruler winced at the loud bellow of his name.

“What is it George?” Koenma asked of the ogre.

“Your father want’s to see you.” It was amazing really, how quickly Koenma changed color from a steaming red to a naturally, pale, slightly tanned look, to an unhealthy, white and very sickly color. Quite amusing really. But what would Enma-sama need to talk to Koenma-sama about?

‘Tch. The stupid fool probably did something wrong.’

‘Youko.’

‘I only speak the truth.’


I could find no defense against his words. He was right. So I said nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------

He stood there trembling in the doorway of his father’s office looking horribly out of place. His father lifted his large head and studied his son terrified posture. Kagome was by far his favorite detective. She had wit, charm and a good gun hand.

“Koenma. Sit down.”

And the door was shut behind him leaving Koenma alone. With his father.

This could not be good.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

“J akotsu!!” Said person looked up curiously at the shout.

Kagome came into the room smiling at the beautiful male dressed in women’s clothing. Dark hair pulled back into a meticulous bun and beautiful brown eyes. His appearance deceived many, he was really quite the sadist with a deep seated hate for women with the exception of one.

“Kagome.” Jakotsu greeted.

Kagome danced into the room a mischievous look in her eyes that automatically put him on guard. Wrapping her arms around his neck, his arms automatically snaked around her waist. Catching him off guard she placed a kiss right on his carefully painted lips. Giggling she darted away before he could come out of his shock and hit her.

‘She kissed me!’

“What was that for?!”

“Thank you for forcing me through the hell you call a manicure...or was it pedicure?”

“Manicure.”

“Oh.” ;

“Why are you thanking me ‘Gome. You hate manicure’s.”

“Oh! The nails really came in handy, I raked them down Ijiwaru’s face.”

Jakotsu’s eyes lit up.

“Was he sexy.”

“Mm.” Jakotsu’s eyes filmed over.

Kagome didn’t ask what he was thinking. Frankly, she didn’t want to know.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

Humming a tune under her breath she grinned. Rubbing her hands together in anticipation for the upcoming torture she’d be putting Koenma through. She wouldn’t seriously hurt him mind you but that doesn’t mean she was going to let him get away unscathed. Cackling evilly she made a portal to Reikai.

Koenma!” Kagome sang skipping through the halls of Reikai.

Ogres and the SDF avoided her like the plague. They knew when Kagome was in this sort of mood nothing could sway her. Even some of the older veterans of the Spirit Defense Force (SDF) shuddered in fear when she was in this mood. It was common around spirit world to see Kagome pulling some kind of mischief on Koenma when he’d done something especially bad. But for her to go right up to him meant it was really bad.

Throwing the doors to his office Kagome wasn’t disappointed. He wasn’t there. He must’ve been hiding, which meant he knew she was angry. In her glee she didn’t notice the four curious detectives watching her.

“Who are you?” Kagome turned to face them curiously.

They were stunned to see the ‘whore’ from earlier.

“Kage no Shi.” Kagome nodded. “Pleasure to meet you.”

Her blue eyes sparkled in barely suppressed excitement. She couldn’t wait to get her hands on Koenma. A positively evil grin found it’s way onto her face as she sauntered over to Koenma’s desk. Reclining in his chair, she got comfortable. He would not have left his detectives if he was hiding. That meant he was talking to someone of great importance. Someone like his father.

The spirit detectives watched this woman wearily. The grin on her face couldn’t possibly mean anything good for them. Or Koenma. Kurama mused that she was a very attractive woman. Confident, powerful. Intelligent sapphire orbs framed by thick crescent lashes in a lightly tanned aristocratic face. A cute pert nose down to full lips that just begged to be kissed. Dark raven colored hair with hints of blue fell to her waist. She was slender and muscled but not voluptuous. She had a fighters body with subtle and very arousing dips and dents for curves. Not like those supermodels, but it held it’s own charm.

Kagome’s grin faded instantly when Botan rushed into the room. Opening her mouth she forgot all she was going to say when she spotted her. Cotton candy pink eyes held a new sparkle and odd lust. Kagome winced. Perhaps she should’ve worn something a little more...girly. The black fighting gi was just adding to Botan’s hope that perhaps Kagome was really bisexual at the very least. At first Botan found the attraction she held towards Kagome disgusting even scary. But she’s learned to accept it. After all one couldn’t deny Kagome’s subtle beauty.

“Kagome!” Botan squealed.

She flinched.

‘Dear Kami-sama, Please take mercy on this unworthy being and keep her far far away from me. Offer me an escape route! Something.’ Kagome prayed silently in her head. She wasn’t a religious person, but at this moment she prayed with all her might.

“Botan-san, What can I do for you?”

Botan ran towards Kagome and absently Kagome wondered how it was possible for someone to run in kimono’s, just walking in them were hell. Latching her arms around Kagome’s waist, Botan buried her head in her hair, Kagome stiffened. Shooting a look towards the other detectives they stayed silent. Mentally she called for help.

‘Jak!’

Jakotsu’s head snapped up from daydreaming hearing the mental scream of his name. Kagome was in trouble. She needed him. So he went. Arriving at spirit world he threw open the large doors with ease only to come face to face with Kagome being molested by Botan. A woman whom he positively hated.

Snarling he stomped towards her grabbed her by her bright blue hair and threw her off Kagome. Why? Because Kagome was too damned polite to do it herself. That done he went to the traumatized girl who was mumbling something under her breath, it sounded like...prayers? Glaring at Botan through cold brown eyes she returned the glare full force.

Can anyone say catfight?

------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------
A/n: Yes I’m sure some of you are confused, amused, even a tad bit disgusted. But I’ve never seen someone use this twist. It was just an amusing thought that popped into my head. Sorry if I offended anyone I didn’t mean to. But unfortunately for poor botan the attraction is one-sided. Please Review and tell me what you think.