InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Death and Peace ❯ Chapter 3: Catfight ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: Well, I’m glad that all of you enjoyed that little twist I put in the story. Sorry I haven’t posted anything new in a while, schools been taking up a lot of my time.

*Death and Peace*

By: Kage Otome

Chapter 3: Catfight

She winced.

‘That must’ve stung like hell.’ Kagome thought to herself with a grimace, personally she preferred a good old fashion fist fight to a cat fight. Or sword fight. Or...Well I think you get the picture.

The term catfight just took on a whole new meaning for her.

They weren’t just bitch slapping. They were clawing, they were biting, they were grabbing hair, they were kicking and punching. They were trying to throw the other person into inanimate objects. Like the wall. SMACK. And it seemed that Jakotsu just sent Botan flying into the door.

“Perhaps I shouldn’t have called him.” Kagome muttered softly.

However she was unprepared for the oar that came flying her way due to Botan’s miscalculated aim. Dodging to the left she ran straight into the detective with funny hair--Kuwabara. Landing with an ‘Oof’ and mumbled apology she stood rubbing her head where she banged it into his chin.

That had really hurt.

Holding her hand out to help him up she was unprepared for the sudden grasping of hand and “Will you be my girlfriend?” WHAM, BANG, BOOM! It seemed Botan and Jakotsu formed a temporary truce, one that eliminated Kuwabara. Kagome winced again. The poor guy. Really, did they have to hit him three times, once she understood, twice, she could’ve tolerated, but three times was just a bit overkill.

“Erm, guys, maybe you should leave him...”

BAM!

Too late.

Botan and Jakotsu went right back to their fight. It truly amazed Kagome, never had she seen such a sight. And secretly, she prayed never to see such a site again. Botan clawed at Jakotsu’s cheek leaving four long, shallow cuts. Ooh. She would pay for that. Jakotsu doesn’t like anyone touching his face, that cut would ‘mar his beauty’. He would no doubt seek retribution.

“I-I can’t believe you just scratched my face!” Jakotsu said shocked.

“I-I’m sorry!” Botan spoke confusing Kagome.

Why the hell would she apologize?

“Oh. You’ll be sorry you bitch.” He lunged.

Closing her eyes, wishing she was anywhere but there she let herself slide to the ground. Muttering under her breath about crazy woman and cross dressing males. The spirit detectives just shot her odd looks. In return she shot them her ‘don’t even ask’ look.

Smack.

Bam.

She winced.

Damn. They were scary when angered.

Oh, look and there she goes flying out the open door.

Open door.

Koenma!

Kagome’s face lit up like a christmas tree. She squealed genuinely happy to see the terrified prince.

“Koenma, Thank Kami-sama your here!”

Kagome ducked underneath a flying projectile running straight for Koenma. He winced instinctively expecting the worst. What he was unprepared for was Kagome launching herself into his arms sobbing about crazy women, cross dressing males, and sexual harassment.

“I beg you Koenma, just get me out of here!” Kagome cried desperately.

“I won’t even go through with the torture I was planning on putting you through.”

Koenma paused.

“You’ll let my asking you to dress up as a whore slide?” He asked hopefully.

Dodging Botan’s oar again, Kagome nodded quickly.

“Well why didn’t you say so?” Koenma said cheerily, “Let’s go.”

‘Thank Kami-sama.’ Kagome whispered in her head.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

“O h, Koenma, I could kiss you!” Kagome cooed in relief.

Pausing in thought she turned around grinning wickedly. She grabbed his face in her hands and laid a big, kiss smack dab on his lips stunning the poor prince. The handsome teenage Koenma popped into his smaller toddler form at the shock. Kagome grinned like a cheshire cat.

“Thank you so much!” Kagome chirped, “They would have killed all of us...”

The spirit detectives just stood to the side, still in shock over not only seeing Botan fight with a cross dressing male none the less; what really shocked them was this very sexy woman who only moments ago was plotting Koenma’s demise, kissing him. Disturbing and a tad bit gross.

“Uh...” Koenma stuttered, “Kagome, these are my other spirit detectives...”

“Yusuke.”

“Yo.R 21; Kagome grinned at him, he returned it with equal force.

“Kuwabara.”

Kagome winced rubbing her head absently.

“We’ve met.”

“Kurama.”

Kagome looked curiously at the handsome fox assessing him. He repaid her taking in her looks and her power...Right. There was obvious a slight wisp of mutual attraction between the two. Not that the toushin or hybrid weren’t sexy. They were.

“Hello, Miss. Kagome.”

Kagome grinned a bit uneasily at him.

Was he gay? Perhaps she should try and set him up with Jakotsu? I mean no man she’s ever met had ever been so polite with the exception of Hakkai, but even he had his bad days. She wouldn’t pass judgment on any of them just yet, why should she? How could she? She didn’t even know them.

“Hiei.”

“Hn.”

Kago mes eyebrow cocked up in amusement. She met cold crimson eyes with a small smirk decorating her features. She liked this little demon. He had attitude, so did the toushin. He didn’t give a flying monkeys but what anybody thought about him. Even that Kuwabara guy seemed--nice, maybe a tad over friendly but these were her kind of people. They reminded her of the Sanzo-ikkou.

And they reminded her of him.

That hurt.

Not that she’d ever show it.

-------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------

A/n: I’m not very happy with this chapter, but hopefully the next chapter is better. Please Review, any ideas and suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Kage.