InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Nature ❯ A Time For Rest ( Chapter 35 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Demon Nature Chapter 35 A Time for Rest

I don't own the Inu Yasha Characters as you all know!!! ~_~

For up to date chapters go to www.nonperky.net/demon

Winter was late in releasing its grip on the country, but it did, and with the relatively warm air signs of life began to show throughout nature, the human and spirit worlds included. For her part Rin loved spring, it meant flowers and fragrant herbs for her home, and chances to take long walks. She was in the work room with Sesshoumaru-sama, and she sighed, propping her head on her hands.

"Ready to go out huh?"

His voice startled her, and she looked over at him, her face coloring a little.

"I was wondering if the flowers have started to bloom yet. It's a little early, but some of them should be up. We need some in here you know."

"Come. Let's go see."

"Sesshoumaru-sama…"

"This can wait. Let's go."

He put on his armor, and made sure Tensaiga, and his other sword, were on his person before going to get Rin, who had put on an older kimono of hers before putting on her warmer outer garment. He opened their door, the one that led through the mountain to a small valley hidden from sight by the rocks themselves, where a small stream ran. Rin had put on the soft shoes he'd had made for her, and slipped her hand into his before they exited into a world of bright sun that actually hinted at warmth.

"There are flowers!" she said brightly, letting go of his hand and running ahead towards a field of yellow flowers and blooming shrubs. Sesshoumaru watched her, his usual poker face in place. That she could still take joy in something as simple as a flower after all this time with him, that she was actually part demon because of what he'd had the jewel do in order to make sure she was with him always, had not changed her. And he wouldn't have it any other way.

He joined her in the field of flowers, squatting down next to her.

"Tell me what you see when you see these flowers Rin. They always excite you."

"Oh Master, I don't know how to tell you that. It's just like I can't find the words to describe your…"

She looked away and continued to gather the flowers, using a small knife to cut them and place them in a basket she'd brought with her.

"Describe my what?" he said gently, lifting her chin and turning her face to his.

"Your haiku have been about me?"

"Master…"

"I heard sensei say that you had done well on one of them. That was about me?"

"No, that one was about a blade grass. The one's about you I keep to myself and write in our rooms. I'm not like Kagome-san, I didn't go to school and learn how to use words, but I want to write about how I feel…"

She closed her eyes for his kiss, and when they parted he looked at her.

"Tell me how the flowers make you feel Rin."

She tore her eyes away from his and looked at the flowers that surrounded them.

"Happy. They seem so full of life and joy, like they're smiling at us, telling us that life can be joyful after a hard winter."

She turned away from him, uncomfortable as always in talking to him about things like flowers and trees.

"I was going to have to leave you this spring Rin. I thought that I'd be leading wars on several fronts, but our offspring have proven to be up to the task, and things are in place."

"You showed them how they need to be in order to survive Master, and they've done well because of it."

He saw the tears threatening to fall from her eyes, and he sat down, pulling his cloak off so that she could rest on it and not sit on the still damp ground.

"Rin, what is it? Why are you crying?"

"We used to travel together, you, me and Jaken. Now you don't want me with you…"

"It's not safe for you Rin…"

"They almost killed you this winter Sesshoumaru. I almost lost you. If the children hadn't been able to find you…I would be here, alone, and not know anything about what had happened to you."

"Tensaiga protects me…"

"But they weakened you so Sesshoumaru."

She was leaning on him, and he pulled her to him, lifting her off of the fur and sitting her in his lap.

"You're shaking Rin."

"If you die, I don't want to live in this world anymore," she said, her hand slipping under his garment and touching his skin while her tears stained his robes. He had never told her that if he died she would too, and he kissed her deeply, leaving her breathless.

"When we did the procedure with the jewel, part of me, part of what makes me youkai, was transferred to you. If I were to die, you would too because what is letting you live would no longer be there."

She smiled and looked up into his eyes.

"Thank you Master. Rin would not want to have to poison herself to join you."

He closed his eyes, unable to imagine his life without this woman who had stood by him, seen him for what he truly was, and not left his side, more loyal to him than Jaken would, or could, ever be.

"Maybe that is why I had to sleep with you, why I slept so much when you were ill, and I didn't want to eat."

He hadn't thought about that, how listless she had been during his recovery and how Kagome had been the one to force her to eat. Otherwise she had lain next to him in a semi conscious state.

"So now Rin won't be alone this spring and summer," she said brightly, sitting up and smiling at him.

"What would you like to do?" he asked her.

"Rin? What would Rin like to do?"

She had never thought about it. Her life revolved around Sesshoumaru, and what he wanted to do.

"Master I, I don't know."

"You like it in the future," he said tentatively. Rin brightened at once, and clapped her hands.

"Would you want to be there Master?"

"If you want to be there, I will be there with you."

"Would Kagome-sama's mother let us stay there?"

"It's safe to stay there remember?"

"Yes. I could learn to drive a car…"

He laughed, a rarity, and she joined him.

"So would I Rin. So, when would we go?"

"Now?"
"The children want to see you. After that, we can slip away for a while."

"An entire moon?"

"If that's what you want Rin."

"Yes, that's what Rin wants."

Ah-Un lay low on the ground letting Sesshoumaru place Rin on its back before the Demon Lord climbed on him self, making sure Rin was safely strapped on, and safe from the wind. He would use his body heat to keep her warm during the flight. Inu Yasha stood with Kagome, their eyes solemn.

"Bye Kagome-sama!! We'll be back soon," Rin waved with a smile. Sesshoumaru said nothing, sending the two headed beast up into the sky and away from this place. Holding the reins in one hand, he wrapped his arm around Rin with the other, radiating heat to her body. Rin lay on his chest, her eyes closed, letting the heat from his body warm her. It would be good to see her children, and better yet to have time away from the house with Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru, feeling Rin secure against him, concentrated on scanning the area, extending his senses to make sure no enemy attacked them while they were traveling. He knew that Sakura would be surprised at their visit, and he wondered if she'd gotten rid of the wolf she'd been keeping company with.

Rin shifted and his hand ended up on her breast. She glanced up at him, and he kissed her forehead.

"Later you will have all you want Rin," he said, keeping firm control of his body.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

The End of this part of the story.

What will happen to Sesshoumaru and Rin? Will their children live up to what their father expects? Will Sesshoumaru really take Rin away from the politics and live a quiet life with her and another set of children?

And what about Inu Yasha and Kagome? Will Kagome survive the birth of her child?

And how will what they do affect their future lives, and the lives of Aiko, Keiko, and Sota?

Please look for the next fan fic, Demon Choices.

As always, it will be posted first on www.nonperky.net/demon