InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Nature ❯ Fruit Don't Fall Far From The Tree ( Chapter 34 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Demon Nature Chapter 34 Fruit Don't Fall Too Far From the Tree

I am not the owner of the Inu Yasha Characters, but you know that!!! ^_^

Up to date chapters on www.nonperky.net/demon

Sakura had not planned on starting a relationship with any thing or any body, let alone a member of the wolf clan, but Takaaki was not just anyone. He was a wolf demon, head of a local clan, and while many considered Kouga of the south handsome, Sakura thought it was because they'd never seen Takaaki. His long black hair, in a pony tail, fell to his rear end, and he was clad in black fur, his tail luxurious and thick. His eyes were green gold, his fangs long, and she had fallen head over heels for him.

But head over heels for one of Sesshoumaru's pups didn't mean mind gone blank not accountable. She knew what had been done to Leiko, and had no intention of it happening to her. In fact, no matter how she lusted after him, her human side made her interested in sex at any time, not just when she was in heat, she had an obligation bigger than her libido, her domain, and Takaaki would have to wait until she had consolidated power.

But that didn't mean he wasn't around, and when the glamour bent to admit her father, he was standing just behind her when the Demon Lord entered, in spirit form, alighting on the floor of the entranceway with a thud, his weight in this form was so massive. The red eyes slid right over his daughter to the wolf demon standing behind her, a growl filling the chamber. Takaaki had never seen the Demon Lord before, and seeing him in this form, how huge he was, stunned him, and caused him to take an involuntary step back, his eyes fixed on the demon.

Sesshoumaru shifted back to human form, and Sakura bowed deeply, as did Takaaki, momentarily taking his eyes off the Great Demon of the West.

"My Lord," Sakura said, once again meeting her father's eyes.

"Come. You've come all this way for a reason."

He walked past Takaaki without a word or a glance, taking his place next to his daughter as they walked to her suite.

"Where is your brother?"

"Things are heating up. Our spy inside Akemi's domain says that Akemi has been spending a lot of time on land with his daughter's mother, who is human. On land Akemi is vulnerable, and we both want to take him out while he's there. Taisho has found a place to set up, and he's gong to do it himself."

Takaaki followed just out of earshot, but his presence annoyed Sesshoumaru, who turned to face him.

"What is it you want wolf?" Sesshoumaru asked in his flat tones.

"My Lord, Sakura includes me on all her consultations…"

Sesshoumaru flashed a look at his daughter, who looked down.

"Not this one wolf," Sesshoumaru said dismissively, turning and walking away. Sakura gave Takaaki a tight grin before following her father and shutting the doors behind her. He knew with Sesshoumaru here not a sound would leak from the room.

Once behind closed doors Sesshoumaru whirled on Sakura, eyes blazing red.

"What the fuck is going on Sakura??!!! Why is this wolf sniffing around your ass?"

Sakura knew her father had to be wildly angry to drop his elegant demeanor and become her uncle Inu Yasha.

"Nothing has happened Father…"

"I can tell that, but it'll be soon. Do you know a member of the wolf clan has mated with Yore in the South and is going to mount a challenge to Yukio? Why do you think he's here? Wolves hate dogs," he spit at her, and she shrank back, hoping to avoid his slap across her face, but she was not fast enough, and he didn't slap her, he punched her, sending her into the wall. Before she could react he was on her, his claws gripping her throat.

"Do not throw away what you won so easily daughter. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes Father," she croaked, fear in her eyes.

"I will kill you myself if you let him get what he wants…"

He turned away from her, letting her go, not out of any shame at what he'd done but because he had a better idea. Sakura rubbed her neck, knowing her father meant every word he'd said.

"I didn't know about Yore…"

"Why didn't you? You run a domain now. You should have people in the South, or are you too busy with that damn wolf to think straight? I raised you Sakura, and you're acting like Yukio."

"I'm sorry Father."

He glared at her and turned around, sitting down on some pillows she had near where he was standing.

"Where is Taisho's lair?"

"I'll show you."

They left, but not before Sesshoumaru told the sergeant at arms to make sure Takaaki didn't leave the premises.

"Yes My Lord," the demon sputtered, knowing that when Sesshoumaru was calm he was the most dangerous and likely to kill. He'd worked in the West with the Demon Lord.

Takaaki was found just as he was trying to leave, and bound with energy ropes to the wall of a bare room that reeked of blood. He knew what was going to happen to him, and wished he could summon his pack. But there was no way they would hear him from here, and he closed his eyes. Waiting was the worst part.

Taisho stood over what was left of the Demon Lord of the East's body, the briny smell of the flesh annoying to him. He looked over at the demons who had witnessed the murder, including the mate of the daughter of the now dead sea serpent. The wind was carrying the miasma away, and Taisho reverted to human form, staring at the mer man. Akemi's daughter was with child, and had not left the sea in weeks.

"You know what to do…"

He looked up as his father and sister walked towards him, Sesshoumaru's eyes on the still form in front of him.

"Good work," he said calmly, looking at the merman who stood next to the corpse. Neither Taisho nor Sakura could move at the speed their father did, and the merman stood in shock as the Demon Lord's claws covered his gills, making it impossible to breath.

"I…can't…"

"You will be dead if you betray us fish man," Sesshoumaru said softly.

"You are not our only agent in the waters."
"This domain is mine," Taisho said stepping up to stand next to his father. "I will live here, and rule from the land."

"You can't…."

"I can, fish," Taisho said as Sesshoumaru released his grip and stepped back, watching as Taisho's claws raked across the merman's face.

"And I will."

"How…"

"Do you know where your mate is?" Taisho asked calmly.

"I, what do you mean? Where is she…"

"She's safe, for now. She should deliver soon I think."

"You…have my mate?"

Three sets of eyes looked at him as if he were a simpleton.

"She will be safe, and so will your child, as long as you do what I tell you to do. You rule in my name, and my name alone."

"I don't believe you," the man stammered.

"Go and look. We'll wait here."

The sea creature stepped back and ran into the sea, diving under the now smooth surface of the water.

"Father," Taisho bowed.

"Why did you let this wolf get next to your sister Taisho?" Sesshoumaru said softly, and Taisho knew he was in trouble.

"It seemed harmless…"

"Nothing is harmless or innocent now Taisho," Sesshoumaru said softly, stepping into his son's face.

"You and your sister seem to forget who you are, and who I am," Sesshoumaru continued.

"If Sakura had mated with the wolf I would've had to kill her, and you, for allowing it to happen."

"But…"

Sakura was looking at Taisho to try and tell him to keep quiet, that Sesshoumaru was on a tear, but Taisho missed her signal.

"We were working on this," Taisho said, glaring back at his father as he pointed to the remains of Akemi, and what harm is there in…"

Sesshoumaru grabbed his son's arm, using his poison to burn through flesh. Taisho yelped in shock and pain.

"If you had been doing your job…"

Sesshoumaru smelled female on Taisho.

"And not mating with every bitch in the area you would know your brother in the south is under serious threat from the wolves, and will need your help to keep power. Instead of that, you two are playing the whore."

Sesshoumaru let go of Taisho's arm, which sported a significant burn, and looked at them. He was going to continue when they scented the merman coming back, and they resumed the stances they'd taken before. One look at his face told them their agents had done their jobs.

"I…most of my mate's family is dead…"

"Of course. Including her dear mother," Taisho said matter of factly.

"Did the old woman myself. So. Do we have a deal?"

"Yes My Lord."

"Good."

Taisho gave the merman a phrase to repeat to the conspirators, and he left, fear causing his skin to change color as his emotions ran amuck. Taisho watched until he was swallowed up by the waves, and turned right into Sesshoumaru's punch which sent him flying into a tree, leveling it. Sesshoumaru turned to leave, and his children watched him as he did, both knowing they'd have to work hard to slake his anger.

"Will you kill Takaaki?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Sakura…"

"He has his uses Taisho. If I let him seduce me, make him think I'm defying Father, he'll tell me everything he knows. Then we can take a trip and visit the clans in the South so I can scout out what's going on myself, just like he would do. A dog alone, I'd be in trouble. With him…"

"Good point."

"You've got your hands full here…"

"I'm fine. See if Yukio really needs our help."

Takaaki had thought himself dead for sure, and when he saw Sakura herself come into the room, he thought that maybe she would be merciful and not subject him to torture, killing him outright. But instead she looked at him a long time, her golden eyes thoughtful, and sad, before she walked over to him, pressing her body next to his as she undid his manacles, turning her face so that he could see the bruise where her father had hit her.

"He, he hit you?"

"It's nothing," she said self consciously.

"I heal like you do."

"But, why are you freeing me Sakura? If he finds out…"

"We fought. I told him you were my friend, and that we would be together no matter what. He did mate my mother after all…"

Takaaki knew that Sakura was hanyou, and some of his friends had teased him about it. "Not only is she a dog," they said, "but she's hanyou."

But right now, with her body pressed to his, her eyes boring into his, he forgot about all of that, and wanted to let her know he understood what risks she was taking.

"Sakura, look at me."

She looked up at him, and he leaned in and kissed her. Despite the fact that this was a plan, that she was using him, she felt herself respond to his emotion, to the question behind his kiss. That was not supposed to happen she thought to herself, and she pulled away, as much to gather her thoughts as to appear as if she were hesitant about this.

"I, uh, I've never done this before Takaaki. I…"

"You'll be fine."

He sniffed, and saw that she was not in heat. Obviously being half human gave her attributes other bitches didn't have.

"If you're not ready…"

She ran into his arms, her mouth open to his, and all doubts were erased from his mind.

"Come, we can use some privacy," she said softly.

"I want this to be special, for both of us."

Kaede had talked to Rin, and Rin had talked to Sakura, but now, as Sakura lay genuinely shy at being naked with a male, she heard her mother's voice in her head.

"Human women have a membrane that has to be broken by the male before he can fully penetrate her. I don't know if you have it, or if you are more like a dog inside".
"You had to have this membrane broken mother?" Sakura had asked.

"Yes," Rin had said, blushing deeply.

"It hurt Mother?"

"Yes, it hurt. I was sore for three days. Your father…"

Rin had been beet red by then, and never finished the sentence. Instead she'd gone on to tell her to be careful of males who would want her just because of who her father was.

"He is the Demon they all model themselves after, and if they can get into our family via mating, they will."

And that was why she had never been with anyone, putting all of her energy into her lessons. She wondered if Takaaki was just after her for what he could get, but she stifled a laugh, making it come out like a cough. She had always wanted a romance like her parents had, not what she was doing now, but sometimes you had to play the hand you were dealt.

Takaaki was talking to her, whispering as he licked her all over, including her glistening opening. When his tongue hit her clitoris she almost jumped off the bed at the rush of pleasure that washed over her.

"Takaaki…" she heard herself moan, her claws buried in his now loose hair.

His mouth found her breast, and she felt a gush of liquid between her legs as he alternately nibbled and sucked the now hard red bud. When she thought she couldn't stand it any longer he moved to the other breast, rolling the nipple of the first one with his fingers.

It was not supposed to feel this good Sakura thought as she felt her control slipping away. He was pressed right against her entrance and she heard herself begging him to take her, begging him to make her his. She gasped as he entered her, feeling as if she were being torn in two. Were all men this huge?

He stopped, forcing himself not to push his way home, not wanting to hurt her any more than she'd been hurt today. He wanted to make her pain go away, to make her feel pleasure, to make her his. She was grinding against him and by reflex he pushed in again, feeling her claws raking his back. She was gasping, and he lifted his head to look at her. Her mouth was open, set in an "O" as she cried out, her eyes, those beautiful golden eyes, rolled back into her head as she came over him again. Twice already, and he hadn't pushed all the way in yet.

"I'm sorry I'm hurting you Sakura…"

"Takaaki please…"

Her voice was unrecognizable now, and when she put her hands on his butt he lost it, shoving into her with one thrust, burying himself inside of her, pushing past the barrier he'd been surprised was there. She had been a virgin as the humans would say, and he knew the liquid between her legs was now mixed blood and the pre come, his real come now ready to explode out of him. She was not using any spoken language now, and she strove to match his motion stroke for stroke despite her pain, and he heard himself howl as he released into her, her legs arched high over his head, her body still moving with his as she came again, shuddering and becoming still as he continued to throb inside of her until he was spent, there was no more of his seed to spill.

Sakura lay in his arms, not wanting to let him out of her arms, or out of her sight. She knew she was supposed to be playing him, she knew her father would do more than punch her if she made him her consort, but right now, she was ready to risk that, ready to stand against the Demon Lord of the West to be with this male, this wolf.

For his part Takaaki pulled her closer, their mouths joining in a passionate kiss. He would face Sesshoumaru, he would face a thousand demons for this female. The hell with what his pack said, the hell with what anyone would say. She was his, and he was not letting her go.

"Are you all right Sakura?" he asked her, smoothing her hair out of her face.

"A little sore, but I'm okay."

"What was that…"

"It's a human thing. I got it from my mother."

"It hurt you…"

"A little…"

He looked down at her and she smiled.

"A lot."

He kissed her deeply, their tongues tasting what their bodies had just had.

"There are other ways for me to give you pleasure my love…"

Sakura snapped her eyes open, staring at him.

"Wha, what do you mean?" she asked, making him laugh.

Instead of answering her he got up on his knees and opened her legs, which she reflexively tried to close.

"Takaaki…"

His coarse tongue licked their combined juices away before beginning to probe her, and she felt as if she were walking on the ceiling. When he stopped to ask her if it was okay she screamed at him to continue, which he did, feeling himself getting hard again as she moaned and came in his mouth. He knew she was sore, he knew it would hurt her, but he had to be inside of her tight body again, feel her clamp around his shaft. He had been her first, and he wanted to be her only.

"Sakura…I…"

He flipped her over on her stomach and without any warning plunged deep inside of her, her cry of pleasure and pain mingling with his howls of pleasure as he wrapped his arms around her waist to hold on as he plundered what was left of her virginity, her inner muscles holding him in a vise like grip as if she wanted to squeeze every drop out of his body, something he was more than willing to give her.

They would rest and resume the love making on and off the rest of the afternoon, and by that night everyone in the den knew that the head of the local wolf clan was now the lover of the Demoness of the North. His clan mates were already acting as if they ran the place, and so when Sakura showed herself later that evening, the first thing she heard about was that the wolves were causing fights with the staff.

She looked at Takaaki and then ordered him to have his people come to the audience chamber. They strolled in as if they owned the place, laughing, and not showing any respect to Sakura. In less time than it took for someone to blink, the walls of the hall were covered in blood and gore as the power blades from Sakura's hand sliced through flesh and bone, killing everyone she'd aimed at.

"I am the law here, and it doesn't matter who is in my bed," she announced to her staff.

"Anyone who disrespects me, and my home, will meet a similar fate."

Those wolves that had come late were just in time to see the shredded carcasses of their friends fed to some of the lower level demons who liked dead flesh and who served as a clean up squad of sorts for the den. Waves of power shone around Sakura, and her eyes were red as fire as her eyes swept over her subjects.

"Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes My Lady," they all said, falling to their knees and bowing to her, the sounds of eating echoing in the room. There was silence until the sounds subsided, and whatever was left was washed out by other demon servants. Sakura looked over at Takaaki, who took her hand and as one they left the hall, retiring to what was now their quarters. Once there she whirled on him, fangs bared, eyes rimmed with red.

"I don't care what happens between us Takaaki, I don't care how much pleasure you give me. The next time your pack abuses my staff, you will join them. Do I make myself clear?"

He knew he shouldn't be stunned, he knew what she was, he'd seen her in action before, but he was stunned.

"Never forget who my father is," she growled at him before turning on her heels and going into her quarters, barking instructions to her maid. When he tried to enter the made politely but firmly told him that Lady Sakura would be sleeping alone tonight.

Taisho found Wattan sitting on the shore of the inlet where she was confined by a magical barrier. She looked up as he approached, her green eyes angry.

"What have you done?" she asked him, fear and anger constricting her throat and causing her voice to break..

"I my dear have taken control of the East."

"My father…"

"Died on the way to your mother, who had already died," Taisho said, squatting down so he could see her reaction.

"You…"

She refused to cry out, but she did cry, her body wracked by the sobs she refused to make audible, she would not give this mongrel the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

"Your mother, how shall I say this, did beg me not to harm her, so I was merciful, she died quickly."

Wattan slapped Taisho hard, but he had already been hit by a much stronger demon today, and her slap was nothing. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her so that she was close to him.

"In this form I can have you sea bitch. There isn't any reason why I can't. Or would you prefer me in my youkai form?"

"I have a mate, and he will avenge my family…"

"Nami? Right about now he's assuming control of the sea in my name."

Wattan's mouth dropped open.

"No…"

"He told me where your mother was hidden, and how to trap your father. If he did what he was supposed to, anyone who opposes his leadership is now dead, and he has taken control of finances and will meet me here, soon. If you have any questions for him, ask him then," Taisho said, standing up and walking away from the now despondent hanyou.

"You bastard!!!!" she screamed at him.

"Keep it up and I'll rip that child from your body," Taisho said without even turning back to look at her.

"And once I do that, you will be mine until I tire of you."

Once he was out of sight Wattan decided to test the limits of the boundary he'd set against her. Her sense of smell was nothing like Taisho's, so she didn't sense him standing just out of sight watching her as she dove under the water, only to come back up, her hair streaming with water, and her face contorted with rage. She tried two more times before giving it up, screaming in frustration at what he'd done. Taisho watched as Nami walked into the cove carrying the staff of rule the sea creatures used.

"Wattan."

She looked up at him from where she lay on the shore and hissed at seeing Nami with her father's symbol of authority.

"Akemi is dead."

She said nothing, sitting up and fixing her eyes on him.

"You and I are now the Demon Lords of the Sea."

She made it to her feet without his help, and stood facing him.

"How did my father die?" she asked him softly.

"Michiru ambushed him and hacked him to pieces."
"I see. And my mother?"

"I found her dead. Apparently those dogs from the west got to her…"

"I see. How did she die?"

"Wattan…"

"Tell me Nami!"

"Miasma I guess. She appeared to have been poisoned."

"The dogs did this you say?"

"Yes."

"So how did you succeed my father? Shouldn't I have to be there to confirm it? Or is something else going on you're not telling me Nami?"

"Wattan…"

"Take me out of here."

"I can't."

"Why? You're the Demon Lord of the East now aren't you? You can't defeat a simple spell like this one?"

"Wattan, please…"

"Or is the truth that you worked with the dogs to seize power, thinking it was for yourself, and now you find out that the dogs mean to control you, and have placed restrictions on you, and me, so that if you try and go against their wishes you die. Is that closer to the truth Nami? Is that why our child will be born in captivity on the blood soaked bed of my father and mother? Are you proud of yourself Nami?"

Nami looked down just as Taisho stepped out of his hiding place.

"Now that everything is out in the open, how are things Nami?" Taisho asked, his face a serene mask, showing no emotion or feeling.

"Things are under control My Lord," Nami said, avoiding Wattan's eyes.

"You should let them know Lady Wattan is safe, and that her child will be born soon."

Wattan and Nami both stared at Taisho, Wattan knowing what was coming, and backing up into the water as she said "No…"

Nami was too stunned to move.

"If the child survives birth, she will stay here and she will bear my seed. It will be able to live on land and sea, and rule."

"Never," Wattan spit at Taisho and Nami moved to her side.

"Our species have never bred…"

"Then we'll have to see what happens won't we? She is hanyou, and so am I. Chances are the child will look human…"

"No!!!! I won't have it. I won't!!!"

Taisho looked at Wattan, aiming a burst of power at her which caused her to collapse to the ground.

"What have you done to her??!!" Nami shouted, running to her side.

"Nothing. She's just unconscious. You on the other hand are starting to annoy me."

Taisho looked over at Wattan, who was regaining consciousness.

"But for now, I need you since that was how this was set up. I won't hurt Wattan, much. Once she has my child, a viable one, she will be free to return to you. And don't forget Nami, there are demons there that work for me that you still don't know about. I wouldn't try anything heroic. Maybe you can do like Wattan's father did and take male lovers until your mate returns. What would you be, the receiver or the giver?"

"Bastard…"

"I am not a bastard. Besides, Akemi wanted my father to become his lover, and was rebuffed. It was funny to see the Demon Lord of the East on his knees trying to service me. He never knew what hit him."

Wattan hung her head in shame. Her father had promised no more males…

"Wattan, you're getting ready to give birth. Shouldn't you be in the water?"

Nami stood next to Taisho watching as Wattan gave birth to their son, the spitting image of his father. He took a breath of air and then Wattan took him into the protective reaches of the sea. Nami looked at Taisho before joining her.

Taisho had not thought about mating Wattan until her father, not knowing who he was, had begged him to let him perform oral sex on him. Taisho had refused the first time, repulsed, but realized that if he wanted him dead, he'd be able to do it himself. Sakura had agreed with him that this was something he would have to pretend to want, and that he should think about whomever it was he was sleeping with at the time to make sure it looked as if he wanted it. So he had agreed to meet with Akemi, and he'd thought about his current lover, a young female dog demon, and been able to get an erection. Akemi had opened his mouth to take the tip of his manhood in, he was built like his father and uncle, and Taisho had simply sliced him open with his claws, removing his spine in the process. Decapitation had been the coup de grace.

While he stood over the dead Lord, and before Sesshoumaru had let him know he was not happy with him, he'd decided to see if he could have a child with Wattan. That way he wouldn't have to rely on demons like Nami, who he didn't trust one bit. If he could pull this off, Sesshoumaru would be proud of him.

The containment spell would work against Nami too, he'd not be able to take the child away from here, and Taisho was still standing on the shore when Nami emerged, his eyes sad.

"I hate you Taisho…"

"Lord Taisho to you Nami. Your mate will be cared for, as will your son. I think you have duties to attend to Nami."

Nami handed the staff of ruler ship over to Taisho.

"I have no need of it," he said softly, and waked back into the depths of the ocean.

Taisho couldn't use it, yet, either, but soon he would have a child by Wattan, and male or female, it would rule from beneath the waves.

Takaaki saw Sakura from a distance for the next two days. Apparently her brother Taisho had taken control of the East, how he had no idea, and she was helping him consolidate his position. After the incident with the wolf clan, no one dared to challenge her here, and she had earned the respect of all the demons of the north. Not many demons would take on the wolf clans and live to tell the tale. But because Takaaki was seen as her consort, there was no open attack on her.

He needed to hunt though, he was hungry, and he decided to see if she had him under any restrictions. There were none, and he was soon devouring a small boar he'd tracked and killed.

"Were you bringing any back for me?" he heard Sakura say, and lifted his head to look at her. She was beautiful, her facial markings so deep a red they looked black, her golden eyes smiling.

"Would you like some? It's still warm."

They ate together in silence for a while.

"This was small."

"We could hunt together…"

"I'd like that."

They brought down a deer and took it back to her den, leaving it out so that it would freeze and not rot, something she'd seen her father do back home.

"I have to take a trip Takaaki. A trip to the south to see my brother Lord Yukio. I need you to come with me."

"Why?"

Sakura raised an eyebrow, but decided to answer.

"It seems Kouga…"

"THE KOUGA? The one who almost defeated Inu Yasha and almost took the Miko Kagome-sama from him?"

"That Kouga, yes. Apparently he's given up on humans and is now life mated with Yukio's mother."

"Yore??? Isn't she past her prime?"

"Apparently not. I hear she's pregnant for him."

Takaaki was not stupid, you didn't lead a wolf pack if you were, and he nodded his head in understanding.

"So that was why your Lord Father was so angry. Kouga is going to try and depose Yukio, and he needs for Kouga to be eliminated."

"I don't know about that. I just want to see for myself what is going on. Will you come with me?"

"Of course. I will send a few of my pack south ahead of us."

"No need to. We'll be there shortly."

Sakura looked at Takaaki, wondering if he, and she, would survive another meeting with her father. She knew the enmity between wolves and dogs was deep, but the wolves made good enforcers, which was how Yore used them in the south. But even she wondered how long the wolves would take a secondary role, if they would be content to be the consorts and the muscle for the dog demons. Kouga was a very advanced thinker, someone who was always one step ahead. She knew Yukio had not been trained to rule, that his mother had made him into somewhat of a wimp in her father's eyes, and that if Kouga wanted the south, he could get it by claiming Yore and his offspring should claim leadership, especially after Yemon had worked all his life to bring the wolves into positions of power, only to be killed by his own daughter who put her half dog son in power.

Her father had been right. No matter how she felt about Takaaki, the day might come where she'd have to kill him.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, ready to leave.

"No. Nothing at all," she said with a smile.

"Let's go."

Yore opened her eyes to watch Kouga as he got up from their bed, stretching after sleeping all night before turning and looking at her, his gray green eyes neutral.

"How do you feel this morning mate?" he asked her, and she smiled, not at all fooled about why he was asking the question. He needed her to bear this pup, needed it more than he wanted to admit, because the pup was his ticket to ride, his reason for being here. No pup, no Kouga, and Kouga had a big enough ego to have gotten used to living here quickly.

"I feel fine Kouga. The pup is fine."

He turned away from her and pulled his hair back, tying it with a piece of string.

"What do you want to eat today?"

"Whatever you bring me," she said softly, her hands trailing down his back.

"Your father's pack is not happy about my being here," Kouga said gruffly, turning to look at her.

"No one I choose would satisfy them. It's why I never mated with any of their males," Yore said while kissing Kouga's chest lightly.

"You wouldn't be thinking that somehow they would manage to kill me would you Yore?" he asked, his voice husky with desire, his erection straining at the wolf pelt that he'd put on to cover his loins.

She lay back, her lips parted, her breathing short, and he crawled over and onto her, claiming her mouth while his hands sought her milk heavy breasts, their tongues curling around each other. Yore was calling his name, her claws scratching at his back, grabbing his ass, while she ground her pelvis into him, wanting him inside of her. He moved the skin back and eased into her, her howls and cries of pleasure echoing in his brain. And though he didn't want to admit it, he had wanted her badly. Yes she was older than him, but she was beautiful, no one could deny that, and in bed, she was his match. That she was fertile, and would bear more pups for him, was icing on the cake.

Their bodies moved together as one, each thrust taking them closer to the precipice, her essence already thickly coating his shaft as he moved inside of her, the pressure building in his groin, begging for release, and he felt the dam give way, his seed explode into her body as she flung her head from side to side, her legs crossed over his body to hold him inside as he bundled her in his embrace, not wanting an ounce of him to spill, not wanting to forget the way her body trembled when it released, and wanting to hear her satisfied moans of pleasure in his ear. Their orgasms lasted forever it seemed, and when he had no more to give he collapsed on her, her arms around him holding him close.

"Kouga…." she sighed, her voice trailing off into a sigh so sensual he almost came again.

"Yore…my Yore…tell me I'm yours."

They were looking into each other's eyes, the implications of the question clear for both of them. They were demons, they didn't admit love like humans did, especially when this relationship was supposed to be all about power and sharing of power, but they both knew it went deeper than that, and to admit it would cement even further her status as his mate, and female leader of his pack. She would be able to mark him, which would mean he was her mate as she was his.

"Are you sure Kouga?" she asked, all guile gone from her manner now.

"Yes."

"No more lusting after that human wench?"

"No," he said, knowing it was true. Kagome was no closer to being his now than she'd ever been. She'd been in love with Inu Yasha when he'd met them all those years ago.

Nothing with Yore was simple, and he flinched as her claws raked his back, the four wounds would leave a wide scar, but it marked him as hers.

"No more bitches."

He kissed her tenderly now, and she snaked her arms around him, content for now to just make out.

When her stomach growled they laughed, and sat up.

"I will bring you back something good."

"I'd like to hunt with you," she said, pressing her body against his.

"Sure. Let's go before you starve my pup to death."

She cuffed him gently and together they left via her private entrance, heading out into the snow to find food.

Hotaru looked at Sakura while she ate, marveling as she had from the beginning at how well Sesshoumaru's children conducted themselves in public.

"This is very good," Sakura said, looking at Hotaru, then Yukio. Takaaki agreed, and the four demons ate in silence for awhile.

"Father is concerned about Kouga," Sakura said once the food was removed.

"Kouga. My mother is very much in love with Kouga it seems, and he with her. They've marked each other."

Sakura's eyes widened briefly, but went right back to normal.

"The females of his pack now serve her."

"Is this a good thing?"

Yukio looked at Hotaru, who met his eyes coolly. He turned back to his sister and her companion.

"Hotaru and I are both concerned about it. The wolves are being unusually cooperative right now, which leads me to believe they're organizing."

"What do you plan to do about it?"

"Until my mother's pup is born, nothing."

"Won't it be too late? Shouldn't you neutralize them both now?"

Everyone knew what Sakura was suggesting, and no one protested her use of the expression.

"My Lady Mother is many things, but she is full wolf youkai. If anything were to happen to her, especially now when she is carrying Kouga's pup, all of the wolf packs would rally behind Kouga and his pack, and fight to bring down what I gained in peace. Am I right Takaaki?"

"Yes Yukio-sama. Kouga-sama is greatly revered among the wolf packs, and Lady Yore is his mate."

Sakura sat back, annoyed.

"Any fight among the wolves would be exploited by a third faction, led by a coalition of several demons, all with the aim to destroy us. So while I understand my Sire's concern, please explain things to him, and let him know I am doing as I think he would."

Sakura laughed.

"Father would kill everyone involved and you know it."

"I am not my father…"

"And that's what worries him. Finesse isn't always what's called for. Demons understand brute strength, and that is what is needed here."

"With all due respect My Lady Sister, I will do things my way."

Sakura rose to leave, looking at Yukio.

"You know how to find me," she said, turning and leaving for home, Takaaki in tow. Once they were gone Yukio looked at Hotaru.

"Lord Sesshoumaru told me to kill Yore weeks ago. If I had this problem wouldn't exist. Kouga wouldn't be in a position to challenge me."

"You didn't, and now we have to plan carefully. Yore is in love with Kouga, and he with her. That is their weakness. Sow distrust, and we have the upper hand."

"My mother will see it coming."

"Kouga won't."