InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Nature ❯ Demon Nature Chapter 10 Family Ties ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Note: Inu, Sess, Kagome, Rin, Sango, Miroku, and the Higurashi family belong to their creator not me!!!

Family Ties

Sakura sat in the forest on the border between the West and the South. You wouldn't find this border on any map, but every demon, and a few priests and miko's knew of its existence, and would warn unsuspecting travelers if they were wise enough to heed warnings. The humans who lived in these domains knew about it too, and heeded it.

Today there was a storm, rain falling as ice coated everything in an eerie sheen, and Sakura, in her demon form, shook the ice from her pelt. There wouldn't be any annoying humans today. She'd been coming here every chance she got, hoping to catch a hint of the youkai she now knew was her half brother. Because she'd been going out so much, her father had told her that that border was hers, angering Taisho, who'd fought her over it. Sesshoumaru, and Rin, had let them fight until Rin, alarmed, had asked Sesshoumaru to stop them. One swipe of his claws had done that. But this border was hers while Taisho had the north, where Leiko had barricaded herself.

Yukio. Who the hell did he think he was? She thought to herself, upping the heat she generated so that the ice would not settle around her, and the ground became relatively dry. She rested her head on her paws, still sniffing the air. Two days ago she'd detected a scent almost like her father's, and she'd known Yukio was near. It was not like hers, or Taisho's, though and she laughed, an action that would've caused any living thing in close proximity to run for cover, the iridescent poison of her fangs glowing brightly as she opened her mouth. But today she'd detected nothing, and feeling hungry, she stood, again shaking herself before with one leap she took to the sky and home.

Taisho had already arrived, and they growled at each other, their previous argument not forgotten. Their mother had cooked and the smell of it, venison, overpowered their senses, and shifting to human form, they entered the main part of the house, avoiding the audience chamber and going to the private quarters.

Rin met them solemnly, and they bowed to her.

"How was it today?" she asked, her voice still having a child like quality to it, one that always caught them off guard.

"Any hint of him?"

"No mother, none," Sakura responded, diving into her food.

"Taisho, how was your border?"

"Quiet. The winter has been harsh, and the humans, and demons, are laying low."

They ate in silence for a while.

"The existence of this Yukio disturbs me," Rin said, meeting their eyes.

"You are the ones set to inherit, and I don't want anything to upset that. Your father has worked hard for us, and you have to make his desires come to pass. Do I make myself clear?"

"If I see him mother, I will kill him," Sakura said matter of factly.

"So will I mother," Taisho said, his eyes fierce.

"He is youkai…"

"And we have been trained by Sesshoumaru. He is no match for us."

Rin nodded, bowing her head so that they would not see the smile she allowed herself.

Her children would be the first hanyou to rule demon domains.

Ai thought she would go insane if she could not get out of the house. Ever since Yukio had come to see her that night her parents had not let her spend a moment alone. They'd even managed to get the daughter of a vassal of her father to come and be her companion while they made plans with Masahiro's family for them to wed in the spring. She knew Masahiro, and knew he wouldn't accept anything less than her being a virgin when he took her to bed. And Ai wanted nothing more than to giver herself to Yukio.

But she had not seen him since that night, and she wondered if he were still alive, quickly pushing the thought from her mind. She would know if something happened to him she told herself.

"Ai, are you all right?"

She looked over at Cho, wanting to do nothing but pulverize her right about now.

"The silk for your wedding kimono will come as soon as the weather breaks, and soon…I think it's so exciting…"

"Cho…please leave me alone."

"Masahiro is so dashing, so handsome…"

"He's an idiot," Ai thought to herself. "He can barely read, or hold a conversation that doesn't revolve around him," she continued to herself as she stared out at the landscape. Somewhere in the distance a tree branch fell under the weight of snow and ice, making a sound that caused her to jump and Cho to cry out.

"What was that?" Cho asked, fear in her voice.

"A tree branch fell. Calm down."

"I didn't know…you must think I'm an idiot."

"You don't know the half of it," Ai said to herself. Aloud she said "Not at all." She was about to turn from the window when she saw something in the woods, and she leaned forward as light flared, and a form stood silently, showing itself briefly before stepping back just out of sight.

"Cho, when are they serving food? I need something to eat…"

"Right away Ai. I'll be right back."

As soon as she left Ai pulled on the heavy outer garment and stepped outside. She had on slippers, and she knew she'd catch a cold, but she had to see if it had been him.

"Ai!!!!!! Where are you going?!!"

Her mother.

"Just for a walk mother."

"Come here now. Please."

Ai turned one more time, seeing him now, hidden by trees from her mother's sight.

"Yukio."

"Tonight. Come tonight."

"Where?"

"Here. I'll make sure you're warm."

She smiled and walked back to the house where her mother had called guards to check the grounds. As if a demon who didn't want to be found would be found Ai thought to herself.

"I just wanted some air."

"Sure. Get inside now!!"

Kaoru had had to fight for her right to marry Sota. The Higurashi family was known as one with deep, some said dark, secrets, and she had said that she hadn't seen any. Her parents had met Mrs. Higurashi, and found her perfectly normal, and quite sane. They would marry in the spring, and she had already gone for fittings for both her kimono and her wedding gown. Her cousin Machiko was with her today, and she smiled at her as the pulled up to the shrine. Several visitors were there, and she made sure that she drove around back while Sota conducted the visitors to the thousand year old tree, and other sites of interest on the grounds.

"Is it true demons come through the well?" one tourist asked, and Sota laughed.

"Absolutely not, although some of the smells from there…"

The crowed laughed, and they continued on. Machiko was a very serious girl, and she always seemed to see things no one else did.

"Why did that question make Sota so nervous?" she wondered to herself as she followed Kaoru into the house, vowing to herself to visit the shrine on her own later.

"What are you thinking about Machiko?" Kaoru asked.

"Nothing. So, any ramen inside?"

Ai knew she was near when the cold night air became very warm, and a hand reached out and pulled her to a grove of evergreens.

"Yukio."

The last thing Yukio had expected was for her to be in heat, and as soon as he touched her he knew it was a mistake. He shoved her away, and turned, walking to the edge of the grove.

"Yukio? Do I anger you?"

"No. I, I didn't finish telling you why I had to leave…and now it doesn't seem to be so important. I just, I just wanted to see you again."

"I wanted to see you too Yukio…" she said, coming and standing close to him. His erection strained against his clothing, her woman smell enveloping him. His eyes flashed red despite the fact he was in human form, and he could barely hold onto his control.

"I'm getting married in the spring."

"Married?"

He still didn't turn around, and she stepped closer to him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Ai…"

He crushed her to him, kissing her deeply, his tongue forcing itself into her mouth.

"Yukio!!! Let me go!!! Yukio…you're hurting me!!"

With a roar that woke the entire house he pushed her away and changed form, taking off into the night sky, black against black, leaving Ai standing and shivering in the cold. They would discover her gone soon enough, and she made her way back to the house, closing the door behind her. Why had Yukio attacked her like that? What was he? He'd looked like a wolf and dog cross when he'd changed, and she leaned against the wall.

Cho, and her mother found her there, her hair undone and wild, and assumed the worst.

"Whore!!!" her mother said, slapping her hard enough to leave in imprint on her face.

"Look at you!!! Look at your mouth!!! No one will marry you now!!"

"Mother…"

"Who is he? Who is this Yukio? Who are his parents? Where does he come from???!!! Tell me!!!"

"Mother, nothing happened. He kissed me that's all."

"Masahiru's family is very conservative. I'll have to send for a healer to examine you," her mother huffed, storming out of the room. Cho looked at her, wanting to comfort her cousin, but wondering how her cousin could let a boy with no family take her. Without a word, she left. Ai fell to the ground sobbing. Nothing had happened, but until she was examined no one would believe her.

If Yukio ever came to see her again, she would ask about his family.

Ai's father came upon the hut just where he'd been told it would be. He stayed on his mount until a man, in the garb of a monk, came out.

"Yes sir? How may I help you?"

"A demon is haunting my home. I need it killed."

"Sir, we've got a small child…"

"You, and your wife, helped destroy Naraku so rumor goes."

"That was a while ago sir."

"Still, you are the best around. Come in the spring."

Miroku watched as the arrogant sot left, sighing. They had come here to get away from everything, and Sango, after all this time, had had a child. The bastard hadn't even left any money. Inside, he found Sango nursing her daughter, their daughter.

"Someone wanting our services?"

"Yes."

"You said no."

"Yes. But that won't stop him."

Little Kaede protested being removed from her mother's breast, and Sango smiled as she held her so she could resume. Miroku felt himself stir, but that would be later. Here in the south, away from Inu Yasha, Sesshoumaru and all that, they had felt safe. Now it seemed that the world had found them, and that could only involve things from the past, things they wanted behind them.

"Miroku, come lay with me," Sango smiled, and putting his worries aside, went and laid next to his wife and daughter.

Daylight found a huge animal, a cross between a dog and a wolf, sitting on the border between its domain and that of the west. Sniffing the air, he picked up faint traces of the female demon dog who'd been tracking him, at times coming into his domain and following his scent. She had a familiar scent, and he wondered who she was, if she was some by blow of Sesshoumaru like he was. To his knowledge hanyou's didn't transform. He'd never sensed his father, just the female. His tongue lolled from the side of his mouth, his mind on what had happened last night, when he'd come close to raping Ai.

He had to stay away from her, for her safety. He'd always avoided her when she was in heat, something she probably hadn't thought about. Last night…

He growled, putting his head back and letting out a mournful howl. Let her be happy with her human mate. Let someone else have her first blood, the taste of her body, the feel of her underneath them. Let someone else give her children. He was now the Great Demon of the South, and he needed a mate who could stand by him for the centuries to come, not someone who would die and leave him alone.