InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Nature ❯ Demon Nature Chapter 32 The Master of the Game ( Chapter 32 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Demon Nature Chapter 32 The Master of the Game

I don't own the Inu Yasha Characters but you knew that. ~_^

For up to date chapters go to www.nonperky.net/demon

Rin glanced at Sesshoumaru before she stepped out onto the patio he'd had built onto this room, the most private place in the entire complex, the place they would come when they really didn't want to be found. It was relatively mild today she noted, pulling her heavy cloak around her against the air. Some of the icicles were melting in the bright sunlight.

He'd been asleep almost two days, and she knew that he should come out of it tonight or tomorrow. He'd talked to her about what he was doing, and why, and his reasons bothered her more than the fact that he was still ill, although they were tied up together.

The Tensaiga had protected him up to a point, the spells had not been able to kill him upon impact, but they had done enough to make him unable to function at full strength. Even in the future time he'd not been one hundred per cent. And that had convinced him that he needed to go into a trance, a healing sleep that would erase all effects of the spells from his body, and allow him to think on what had been done to him.

"If the humans have figured out a way to neutralize Tensaiga…"

He had not had to finish the sentence, and she'd reached out and taken his hand in hers.

"You will find a way My Lord," she'd said softly, looking into his eyes, eyes that lost their hardness only when looking at her.

"You always do."

But she knew humans, she was human, and she knew that if they ever found out the power of the sword her master bore, and that of his brother, they wouldn't stop until they'd killed both demons in order to possess them. The two brothers together wielded the power of life and death, making them supreme and invincible when they fought side by side. Kagome could freak out about Inu Yasha, but he knew, deep down inside, that what was happening now was what their father had wanted from the beginning.

The sun was bright, and she wished she'd brought the sun glasses from the future with her to protect her eyes from the glare. But she wanted to be with him when he woke up, and she stepped back inside, the shield closing behind her. The room was keyed to just the two of them, and wouldn't allow anyone in they didn't want in.

Rin smoothed his hair back from his face, and lightly kissed his mouth before lying down and closing her eyes. She was just drifting off to sleep when she felt his arm ease around her waist and with a grip of iron pull her close. Rin looked up and saw he was still in trance, and smiled before closing her eyes and letting sleep claim her.

Kagome finished eating, she'd wanted roast pig today, and rinsed her hands and wiped her mouth. Shippo shot her a smile, and Riku seethed, fighting the urge to storm out of the room.

"Remember the time Toutousai ate the entire roast pig and we had to have soup that night?" Kagome laughed, and Shippo joined in.

"I though Inu Yasha was gonna kill him," he croaked, still laughing.

"Inu Yasha? What about Miroku?"

"True. I wish I could've seen them."

"They're fine. They're both working, and Sango looks good."

"I'm sure she does. She and Miroku were worse than you and Inu Yasha," Shippo said, ducking a not serious swing from Kagome.

"I never thought at that time that Inu-sama and his brother would be so, close, like they are now."

"Neither would I Shippo. But I think once Sesshoumaru got over not having Tetsaiga, and realized how powerful Tensaiga made him, it was easier for them to start to try and be brothers, not enemies."

"I guess. It's just hard to trust Lord Sesshoumaru," Shippo said, looking over at Riku, who was not angry any more and was listening intently.

"He could've left Inu Yasha and me out there, but he didn't. And I have to be grateful for that, and for trying to make sure my baby is safe."

"You ever hear anything about Kouga?"

Kagome visibly stiffened, and Shippo wished he'd kept his thoughts to himself.

"I'm sorry Kagome. It just slipped out."

Kagome hated to think about that time, when she'd left and gone to her world, and Inu Yasha had thought…

"No Shippo. Never."

"It's ironic that Lord Sesshoumaru has a son by a wolf. Do you think the Wolf Clan Kouga belongs to has anything to do with Yukio and his mother?"

"I don't know. That's Sesshoumaru's issue, not mine."

"Kagome, you're being naïve again. Just in case you haven't noticed, Inu Yasha and his brother are one now. So don't pretend it's not your problem. It is. Wolves hate dogs, you know that."

Riku shook her head. This was all too much for her. Shippo looked over at her, and gave her a small smile.

"We're kitsune Shippo. Why are we here?" she asked, ignoring Kagome, who was looking at her curiously.

"Because Inu Yasha and Kagome are my friends, and in Lord Sesshoumaru's home, you need to know you have friends."

Sesshoumaru knew he was waking up, and it was a reflex now that there was only one scent he wanted to sense, and when he found it near, he'd felt his arm wrap around her before he slipped back into the trance. Tensaiga was a live presence, waiting for him to revive and take possession of it again. This was a mental bond, not like what he wanted to share with Rin when he awoke, and he felt his body enter the final stage of restoration, the last of the spells leaving his system. In place of them he felt whole again, complete again, and if he played his cards right he'd have time to spend alone with Rin, time they needed. Once he left in the spring, it would be hard for her, and as much as he hated to admit it, it would be hard for him. In this state he couldn't lie to himself, his thoughts and feelings were unhindered by any constructs of his mind.

His thoughts weren't only about Rin; thinking about spring made him think about Yore, and Yukio. He knew that Yore only let Yukio take charge because it suited her purpose, which probably meant no good for Yukio, or him. Once things were settled, she wouldn't think twice about eliminating Yukio and taking power for herself. And because of Yukio's new relationship with him, she'd know things about him she would use to challenge him, and the other pups.

His mind drifted again, back to Rin, and how hard it would be for them to be apart. He wasn't used to thinking that way…when they'd separated before he had told her he was leaving, and she had accepted it with a smile, understanding that this was his way, but now he was different. He had come closer to death than he ever had, and the fact that he had not cursed his fate but worried about Rin and how she would deal with being alone had made him see she was more a part of him than he cared to admit, that he needed her smile, her way of always knowing what he needed as a man…

But he wasn't a man. He was a demon who could take human form…a canine, a dog. Rin knew what he was, and loved him.

The thought insinuated itself in his mind that maybe he should take Rin with him. He felt a surge of power go through him as his mind fought to over rule his emotion, his demon nature trying to assert order over the chaos of emotion. He couldn't expose her to the danger of the trip, of what he would have to do. The conflicts in him about Rin caused him to cry out in his trance, and Rin, who had been lying peacefully next to him, stirred, echoing his cry and as he had done, reflexively gripped him tighter.

Rin couldn't come, she'd be in danger he told himself. Here she'd be safe, no one would dare touch her, and if anything happened to him…

His sigh was soft and low, his hand idly stroked her hair. Rin woke up, looking at him, her eyes fixed on his face. What was happening, why was he moaning in his sleep she asked herself.

"Master?" she said softly, sitting up and touching his face, her hands drifting to his ears, which were very sensitive. But he was still tranced, and she rested her head on his chest, closing her eyes.

Sesshoumaru was listening, hearing all the sounds of this place, his home, thoughts of various residents, human and demon, lots of sex going on he noted without emotion. Lots of plotting, lots of wondering if he were dead or alive, and a lot of fear of him and his brother he noted as his mind moved on, looking for what? Some snatch of conversation had caught his attention, delayed his resuming consciousness and joining once again with Rin. What was it?

Rin noted his eye movements, her chin resting on his chest while her eyes were fixed on his face and wondered if he were all right, if he were slipping back into what Kagome called a coma.

The voice was not one he recognized, a new voice, that kitsune friend of Inu Yasha, Shippo. What was the name? Kouga? The wolf clan? Yore? An old story about Yemon and the secret of his longevity and relatively unexceptional reign. The memories fell into place like dominoes; when you lived so long sometimes you forgot things.

His mind at ease now, he felt the warmth of the woman lying next to him, oh him, and smelled her arousal at the thought of him waking, of his mating with her.

He was still again, and Rin sat back, watching as his eyes began to flutter. When he opened them she wondered if it would be like the first time she'd approached him, when he'd been weak and his eyes had burned red and he'd bared his fangs thinking he was being attacked. He knew her smell now, knew she loved him, but if he woke up as youkai, and not…

"Rin."

He spoke softly, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Yes Master?" she asked, her voice sounding too high in her own ears.

"Hold me Rin."

"Yes Master, I'll hold you," she said, relief flooding through her body as he pulled her to him, his mouth seizing hers hungrily.

His eyes were golden, and warm, and his features totally human. Rin lost herself in his eyes, his kiss, and the feel of him, closing her eyes and letting go.

Shippo and Riku were playing Go when they both felt someone standing in their cell. When Riku turned her scream died in her throat.

"Lord Sesshoumaru," she whispered, standing and taking a step back. Sesshoumaru ignored her and looked at Shippo.

"Tell me about Kouga, and the wolves," he said softly.

"How…"

Sesshoumaru gave a slight smile, and Shippo felt the old terror he had of the Demon Lord flood his system at the gesture. He still looked young, his white hair nearly to the floor, his face so beautiful it was eerie. He was dressed simply in white, soft leather on his feet.

"It was a long time ago."

"I have time kitsune. Tell me."

"Of course My Lord," Shippo said.

"We were looking for shards right after Kikyo took Kagome's and we came across a village…"

Sesshoumaru stood stock still while Shippo talked, his eyes focused on him as he evaluated what he was being told. How different he was from Inu Yasha, who would've been screaming at him to finish the story already and tell him where he could find Kouga so he could tear him apart. That impatience made people think Inu Yasha an idiot, but he could connect the dots without the detail. Sesshoumaru wanted the detail because he loved it, not because he needed it.

"No word has come from him since then?" Sesshoumaru said after Shippo told him about the battle royal that had taken place, and how Kouga and Inu Yasha had both been injured to the point of death.

"No."

As silently as he'd come, Sesshoumaru left, and Riku allowed herself to shiver.

"What's he gonna do now? Go look for Kouga?" she asked, her eyes still wide.

"I don't think Kouga will be as nasty to him as he was to Inu Yasha," Shippo said quietly as he worked at getting his heart rate back to normal.

"You're afraid of him aren't you Shippo?" Riku asked, leaning in close to him.

"If you knew him like I know him, you'd be too."

Sesshoumaru found Inu Yasha in one of the rooms off the audience chamber, listening to a human who had come asking for a charm to hex a neighbor. He stifled a laugh at the expression on his brother's face as he tried to be patient and understanding and accept the offering of two calves which would end up as food for Rin, Kagome and anyone else who wanted some flesh to eat. The human bowed and left, and Inu Yasha turned to face his brother.

"How do you put up with this?" he ranted. "I thought we had our battles among demon kind, but this…"

"It's the way of the world Inu Yasha," Sesshoumaru said with a cynical smirk.

"Enough of this, over a long period of time, and you yearn for a life of solitude."

Inu Yasha looked at his brother, surprised at the statement, and the emotion behind it, but letting the statement hang in the air.

"I learned about an old enemy of yours today."

"Which one?"

"Kouga."

Inu Yasha's eyes narrowed, and Sesshoumaru smiled.

"Still jealous after all this time, and three pups' brother?"

"If some bastard kidnapped Rin, decided he was in love with her, and tried to kill you, I'm sure you'd invite him over for dinner," Inu Yasha snapped. Sesshoumaru looked daggers at his brother, and Inu Yasha flashed a grin.

"Knowing you he'd be dinner," Inu Yasha said, and Sesshoumaru allowed himself a full smile.

"There wouldn't be that much left."

It was the first time Sesshoumaru had allowed even an ounce of the emotion he felt for Rin out and Inu Yasha knew enough to leave him alone.

"So, what about Kouga?"

"You know Yukio is new to ruling."

"Because of his mother you said. She raised him as kind of a pansy."

"But my blood flows in his veins Inu Yasha, and right now he's her ticket to power. If she's allied with the wolves, which have no love for us…"

"I get it brother."

"What're my chances of making the wolves see the wisdom of remaining neutral?"

"Kouga understands power. He'll have it if he leaves you alone. Simple."

Inu Yasha looked at his brother, and saw that he had already turned to leave. He knew that Sesshoumaru would go to the camp of the wolf pack, and that he should bow out of it. If Kouga called him a piece of shit he didn't know if he would be able to remain calm and that was what his brother needed to deal with the wolves.

"Should you be traveling Sess?"

Sesshoumaru stopped, turning around and looking at the man he still called baby brother in his head. They were very different, but he had never forgotten that his father chose to hide the portal to his resting place inside of the hanyou, not him.

"I'm fine Inu Yasha. The spells are all gone. I haven't been around that much lately, and if I'm gone a while it won't be remarked on."

"Why didn't Tensaiga protect you?"

"It did. If it hadn't, I'd be dead now. As it was I came close enough…"

Inu Yasha nodded. He had dodged death himself, a fate worse than death, because he wouldn't have known it if he hadn't had friends around him who had protected him. It was why Tetsaiga went with him everywhere. He had to be here for Kagome.

Inu Yasha smiled, pushing the thoughts out of his head. Everyone thought him an idiot, and he couldn't disappoint them.

"I can't wait to see you and Kouga bond."

Sesshoumaru shot his brother a "Fuck You" look before he left Inu Yasha laughing his head off.

Kouga was almost finished, the pressure to release could not be resisted now, and he came inside the female wolf demon, he had no idea what her name was, the hot, long stream of semen seeming to take forever to end. His eyes, which had been closed, shot open as he detected a scent he hadn't smelled in a while, and he wished he could cut the stream off, but he couldn't. And he knew she would wait until he finished, which she did.

The female collapsed with the finish of her orgasm, and with no ceremony whatsoever Kouga grabbed her by the hair and threw her out of his bed. She landed on the floor of the lair with a thud and a cry of pain. Kouga rearranged him self, he was still semi hard, and stepped out of the bed of dried grass which was his bed.

"To what do I owe this honor My Lady?"

Yore smiled, the scene she'd just walked in on having aroused her. Kouga was a creative and strong lover, and she knew he was nowhere near finished, that he could perform again, right now if she wanted him to. They were making each other wild, the musk smell hanging in the air between them, but she had come on business, and she always wanted to do business before pleasure.

She had no way of knowing that Kouga had expected her, had been expecting her for a few days. His spies had already told him that Yukio had thrown in with his sire, the Great Demon of the West, and that for now the South would be free from the war that even now had started to affect the East. The Dog Demon had taught his hanyou off spring how to control their transformations so that they did not destroy their minds, and human bodies, a process that had probably started when they were very young. The young hanyou were the talk of demons everywhere, and some of his friends had actually mated with captured human women. They were kept protected during their pregnancies because if food supplies ran low they would help replenish the food supply, and the sires of their children wanted them alive. The captives, realizing it was to their advantage to bear pups for the wolf men, did everything in their power to make that a reality.

The woman standing before him was full youkai however, and her yellow gold eyes met his levelly, despite the odor she was giving off.

"My son has decided to throw in with his Sire," Yore said evenly, sitting down on the edge of the straw, her nose turned up at the scent of the female who'd just been there. Kouga would not bed her here, he'd take her to another, more private room he had deeper in the mountain. The female he'd just bedded had been in heat, and had come seeking him out. Most of the females wanted to birth his pups, and he was more than willing to oblige them.

"There's a more private place we can talk My Lady," Kouga said, extending a hand to Yore, who took it and stood up, following him to the more private niche where the bedding was fresh, and the only female scent that lingered in the room was hers.

Kouga watched as Yore shed her outer garment, taking in the body under the thin white under garment. In human form she was luscious to behold, full breasts, a tapered waist, long hair that fell to the floor. He felt himself begin to fully harden again, and knew they had to make this conversation fast, or they'd be mating before anything could be done about their plan against the dogs.

"That was your plan wasn't it?" he asked, moving to her side despite him self. She was lying on the straw, her undergarment partially open, and giving him tantalizing views of her breasts and part of the dark pink nipples that he could see were straining, waiting for his mouth.

"Yes, just not so soon. Your wolves are quite upset with him."

"I'm sure they are," Kouga said, his hand sliding the offending fabric away from her left breast allowing his fingers to manipulate the hard bud.

Yore suppressed a moan of pleasure.

"Does the dog know of our alliance?"

"He is part wolf…"

"He is part dog…"

"He is my son, and you will acknowledge him as a wolf."

Kouga cut her talk off with his mouth, his tongue sliding into hers to get a taste of what was to come. Yore, panting, pulled away.

"Stop them from moving against him."

"And what do I get?" Kouga asked, gasping as her fingers traced the tip of his penis before gliding down the back of it, sending waves of pleasure through his body.

"Power," she answered simply, gasping as his hand slipped between her thighs and found her wet and ready for him.

"You will stand at my side when I rule the South."

They both knew he would try and kill her once Yukio was out of the way, and they both knew that if he failed he would stand at her side anyway. She needed him to keep the packs under control. There had been rumors that she'd born a pup for Kouga, rumors that had been strong enough to make him start to look himself.

"As your consort, or as your mate?"

Yore looked at him with lust glazed eyes.

"My Mate?"

"You're not hard of hearing Yore. I will be your mate, you will bear pups for me, or this is off."

They were going to mate human style first, and Yore closed her eyes as Kouga laid her back, his claws shredding her undergarment before he mounted her, his swollen member huge and throbbing over her. Yore couldn't take her eyes off of it, wanting him inside of her so badly she began to writhe in anticipation of him impaling her.

"I will live in that den, I will have the power to make war, and rule the domain. Won't I bitch?"

While he talked he had lifted her legs up and out so that they formed a vee, and slipped the head of his penis inside of her.

"Ahhh…."

"What was that?"

"Kouga…"

He pulled back and Yore screamed her frustration. She would have to agree to his demand, for now, while she figured out a way to get rid of him once she was firmly established as ruler. Her generals would obey Kouga with less hassle than they gave about Yukio.

"I…agree."

Kouga was no fool, he knew she would try and kill him before he'd be able to consolidate his power. But for now, she was under him, her smell and taste driving him nuts, and he'd got her to make a concession verbally that he would be able to use against her later. Positioning himself, he rammed into her, feeling her muscles clamp around him and her claws rake his back in pleasure and pain.

Day passed into night, and Kouga lay listening to the sounds of the lair, the pack had gone out to hunt and it was quiet except for the old and the very young. Yore lay on her stomach, the wounds on her back too fresh. He had done it during love making, canine style, and at the time she'd thought he had just raked his claws over her back.

"You bastard," she hissed at him, eyes glowing with feral light as she looked over at him.

"I am not something to be claimed like property."

Kouga looked at her, and Yore shrank from what she saw there.

"You are my mate now. You will stay here, and I will stay openly with you. You'll be coming into heat soon, and when you do, you will conceive for me Yore. Do you understand what that means?"

She growled, leaping for his throat. He grabbed her in mid air, his strength equal if not superior to hers despite his age, and threw her down on the palette, turning her over and ramming into her again. What happened next was nothing short of rape, with Kouga viciously claiming her body, and he knew part of what passed for her soul. She liked it like this, liked it rough, but this was past rough. The scar on her back made him able to control her passion, and she knew it, and he was already putting it to use. She was coming despite the fact she wanted to kill him.

"You see mate, you can't escape my control," he said, feeling himself getting ready to come again and quickening his pace.

"I..oh hell, ooohhhhhhh…Kouga!!!!"

She screamed his name as she came in a flood, her fluids mixing with his as their howls filled the lair.

She collapsed under him, his hands still clamped firmly on her breasts.

"I will kill you…" she panted, eyes glowing red in the dark chamber.

"I know you will try mate. But when you do, remember who I am, and what I do for you."

His claws had drawn blood from her breasts, and he turned her over, clamping his mouth over the now crimson tipped mounds. She gasped as the still healing wounds on her back hit the straw, closing her eyes in ecstasy as he drank her blood.

"Soon Yore. Soon you will bear my son."

Yore had no reply.

Yore sat at Kouga's side as he explained the new situation to his lieutenants. His closest friend Patch would come and live with him at the den, while his second closest friend Spike would rule in his stead here. Every demon saw the marks on Yore's back, and knew she was now the mate of their leader.

"I want us to make sure every wolf clan knows that Yore is now my mate, and that I am her consort."

The gathered demons knew what the true situation was. Kouga didn't play second to anyone.

"If any pack gives you trouble, deal with them," Kouga said fixing every demon with his glowing red eyes.

There was silence, and Kouga looked at Yore.

"Come."

Yukio was with Chiyo when his vassal came running, out of breath.

"Yukio-sama!! I am sorry to interrupt you but…"

Chiyo bared her fangs in anger. It was not often she had a day or two with Yukio, and for this little bastard…

"Your Lady Mother has returned, with her consort."

Yukio and Chiyo both stared at the lizard in shock. Yukio knew his mother went out to pleasure herself, but he also knew she would never willingly submit to any male. Telling Chiyo to stay where she was, Yukio quickly went to his mother's quarters. He did not have to get close, the smell of the intruder assaulted his nostrils half way there. A wolf demon?!

Yukio slowed down, taking time to sift through what he knew about them. They looked human, but they were full youkai, like himself, like his mother, like his sire, and they lived in clans or packs, their territories strictly laid out. Chiyo had mentioned them once or twice, but she was to deliver soon, and he didn't want her in any danger.

He was met outside of his mother's quarters by his general, Baiko.

"What is this smell?"

"Lord Yukio. Your Lady Mother has been marked by the most powerful of the wolf demons, Kouga, and he has taken up residence here."

With no preamble Yukio entered his mother's quarters, walking up to a wolf demon with a patch of black hair standing in his path.

Baiko spoke, his fangs bared, and eyes red.

"Move from the path of Lord Yukio you piece of shit."

"I am the vassal of Kouga-sama, consort of Lady Yore. I control…"

Yukio moved so quickly Patch never saw it. The pain in his chest was the first clue he had that he had been attacked. Yukio continued on towards where his mother's smell and that of her consort were stationary.

Kouga had not known what to expect of Yukio, but it was not what he saw. Yukio braided his hair, which fell down his back to just above the floor. His eyes were bronze, not the gold of Inu Yasha and Sesshoumaru, and under his clothing Kouga could see he was not soft. He was built on the lines of Sesshoumaru, tall and thin, but he looked like Inu Yasha, which must have pissed Sesshoumaru off to no end. The only difference between this being and his father was his coloring, which he took from his mother. He was dark.

"My Lord," Kouga said, bowing deeply.

"I am sorry we didn't have time to meet prior to my coming here, but once your Lady Mother consented to be my mate, I had to come and be here with her."

"Who are you?"

"Sire, my name is Kouga, head of the wolf packs."

"You use the word packs. Are you leader of more than one?"

"Yes My Lord."

Yore was sitting calmly behind Kouga in an expensive kimono, her eyes downcast.

"You've marked her as yours," Yukio observed dryly.

"Of course."

"You will meet me in my chambers. Come when you are summoned."

"Of course My Lord."

Baiko glared at Patch as he and Yukio left. Kouga turned to his mate, who was now standing.

"He has that damn dog smell. How do you stand it?"

"Kouga, you must learn something…"

"I don't need to watch my mouth around him. I can take care of myself."

Yore said nothing. Obviously Kouga had no idea of the full strength and power of a Demon Lord.

Sesshoumaru did not land directly on the ground when he stepped off of the red cloud he used to travel. Jaken looked up at him, waiting for direction.

"Something has changed Jaken," Sesshoumaru said, sniffing the air as he turned his head. He sensed the wolf pack watching him, and he stood still, waiting. When he saw the wolf demon step out of the bushes, he knew what he was dealing with.

"Who the fuck are you dog?" the younger demon snarled at him.

Sesshoumaru didn't even bother to answer, using a pulse of power to send the youkai flying.

"Where is Kouga?"

"Kouga-sama to you mongrel!" the man shouted at Sesshoumaru, who had not moved a muscle since sending the demon flying.

"He's the consort of Lady Yore now, and lives in her den. If you want to see him you have to go…"

With the speed of light Sesshoumaru took to the air, leaving Jaken to fend for him self.

"Lord Sesshoumaru!!! Wait for me!!!" the little toad shrieked, and Spike stared up into the sky where the Demon Lord had disappeared.

"Lord Sesshoumaru???!!! Here? I have to tell the boss."

Sesshoumaru watched Spike lead his pack towards Yukio's lair, his eyes glowing in the night. Jaken had caught up with him, he was hovering a few feet away from where he'd encountered the wolf pack, and he looked down at Jaken.

"Destroy them Jaken," Sesshoumaru said.

"All of them?"

"Just the pack. Let the demon go. It's easy to follow his scent."

"Yes Lord Sesshoumaru," Jaken said, scampering up a nearby hill and aiming his staff. In seconds the pack had been incinerated. Sesshoumaru came to earth next to Jaken.

"He is going to warn this Kouga. We'll wait."

Sesshoumaru found a grove of evergreens and lay down on his cloak, closing his eyes. Jaken sat down under one of the trees and followed his master, closing his eyes.

Sesshoumaru's eyes flew open, and he sat up, listening intently as someone approached. The scent of the wolf demon he'd encountered reached his nostrils, and he was not alone. The scent was of a male, with the scent of a female all over him. He knew the scent, and stood up. Jaken, with the sixth sense of a servant, stood and came to stand slightly behind Sesshoumaru.

Kouga scented Sesshoumaru and turned up his nose. He hated the smell of dogs, and the demon waiting for him was full youkai, Demon Lord of the West, a dog.

Kouga burst into the clearing and was shocked to see a very human looking, tall, thin man with a cloak of white fur over his right shoulder. He had a waning moon on his forehead, and wore armor over his white traveling cloak. Leather boots covered his feet and legs as far as the eye could see.

"You wanted to see me?" Kouga demanded, stepping up to the dog so that he was in his face. The dog smiled slightly, and Kouga found himself flying back into a tree. The impact broke the tree in half, and Kouga continued to fall backwards with the tree trunk.

When he could stand again he kept his distance from Sesshoumaru, who had not moved.

Sesshoumaru looked at him, then smiled. Jaken, knowing his Master, took a step back, watching as Sesshoumaru's eyes turned red, and his face elongated as power swirled around him. Kouga watched in shock as the demon showed its true form, now standing higher than the tree tops, the saliva from its mouth melting the surrounding flora. With a roar it took off and Spike gulped.

"Kouga-sama, it's headed for…"

"I see!!! Let's go!!!"

The stench of blood hit Kouga and Spike long before they reached their cave. Both demons walked through the entrance knowing who, and what they would find. Everything had been decimated, old, young, pregnant, and infant, nothing was left alive. Kouga was trembling with rage, but he bowed to Sesshoumaru who was once more in human form, hovering in the air so that his feet did not land in the gore.

"What is it you want from me Lord Sesshoumaru?"

"You've mated with Yore."

"Yes."

"Is she pregnant?"

"Yes."

"What deal did you make with her?"

"I am to rule as her equal."

"The domain has a ruler," Sesshoumaru said softly. Kouga didn't open his mouth so he could concentrate on not letting his knees shake.

"The smell of blood bothers you Kouga? You want to go to war, and you can't stand the smell of blood?"

Sesshoumaru was still hovering, but his eyes were rimmed red now.

"Yore is not the ruler of this domain. She never will be. If you want her, fine, be her mate. But the minute you lift a claw against Yukio, you have lifted it against me. And when you take me on, what you see here now is not even half of what I can do."

"I understand Lord Sesshoumaru."

Sesshoumaru stared at Kouga for awhile, trying to decide if he would tell him what Yore would do to their offspring.

"Yore will kill your spawn."

"No."

"She will. The line of inheritance comes through Yukio. No one will challenge that."

Kouga looked at Sesshoumaru, hatred in his eyes.

"You can be hurt. I saw that scar on your front leg."

Kouga was referring to where, with the help of the jewel, Sesshoumaru had managed to generate a replacement arm.

"You aren't half the youkai the one who made that scar is," Sesshoumaru said calmly.

"There is something you can do for me Kouga. I need to know what Yore is thinking, what her plans are. I will send word to you where you will meet me to tell me what I need to know, and when. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes My Lord."

"Good."

With that Sesshoumaru left, and Kouga stood looking at the torn bodies of the people he was supposed to protect, anger coming off him in waves. "Demon Lord or no Demon Lord, I will have my revenge," Kouga said softly.