InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Don't know what you've got 'til it's gone ❯ Endings and Beginnings ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 17 – Endings and Beginnings

“Time!”

Kagome groaned and dropped her pencil on the desk. ‘That was a complete bust. Remind me, why did I even try?’ She passed her test booklet forward and pushed back her chair. A flicker of red in the corner of her eye caught her attention; Inuyasha was lounging in one of the tall trees outside her classroom window, baseball cap covering his ears. ‘Always watching over me,’ her lip quirked, remembering this morning‘s fiasco.

She had woken up to her alarm, disoriented and wrapped in Inuyasha’s arms. ‘Oh no! It’s morning and I hardly studied last night!‘ Sitting straight up and dislodging the protesting hanyou, she had slapped the off button of the clock. “Why didn’t you wake me up?“ she shoved his shoulder and glared daggers at him.

He had blinked sleepily at her, “You looked tired.”

She’d made a frustrated sound in the back of her throat and stomped over to her closet, pulling out a fresh uniform. She had been about to pull off her pajamas when she caught his reflection in her closet mirror. He was still stretched out on her bed, watching her with his head propped in his hand. “Excuse me,” she’d huffed and looked pointedly at the door.

“What?” he leered at her.

“I need to get dressed!”

“I’m not stopping you,” he’d leaned back into her pillow and crossed his arms over chest. He shrugged at t her glare, “You’re my mate, I can watch you change.”

Kagome had snatched up a sandal and launched it at his head, satisfied by the resulting slap and yipe from her bed. Gathering up her clothes, she’d stormed out of the room and to the bathroom to change. ‘He’s got some nerve.’ Her shift to human form had been uneventful and she had been out of the house within minutes.

‘Well, watching me, in any case.’ She stretched and joined the crowd of students leaving the classroom. Even if she had failed her math test, her attempt to conceal her youkai was wildly successful. No one seemed to notice anything strange about her. Her heart light, she skipped down the steps and scanned the trees for Inuyasha.

“Kagome!” She stopped dead in her tracks; she had completely forgotten about her date with Hojo. Turning slowly, her mind raced to come up with an excuse to get rid of him quickly.

“Hojo, you know-” she twisted her fingers together nervously.

“How was your test? Are you ready to go?” his pleasant smile lit up his face and he took one of her hands in his.

She tugged at her hand, “About that, you see-”

“Get your fucking hands off my mate,” Inuyasha growled from behind her.

Hojo frowned at him, polite but disapproving. “Your mate? What does he mean, Kagome?”

Kagome tried to position herself between the two males, “That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you-”

“She’s my mate, is what I mean, you pathetic excuse for a mortal,” Inuyasha cracked his knuckles, murder in his eyes. He had beaten Koga, fair and square. This pitiful human boy would go down easily.

“Inuyasha!” she placed a straining hand on his shoulder, wishing desperately for the subduing spell.

“I think we should let Kagome speak for herself,” Hojo crossed his arms over his chest, standing his ground against the strangely dressed man with silver hair.

Inuyasha shrugged off her hand and grabbed the back of her uniform, dragging her behind him. “Are you challenging me?”

“If you think you can treat Kagome like property, then yes, I am.”

The guy had guts, she‘d give him that. “Hojo, it’s fine, he’s-” she tried to call over the hanyou’s shoulder but was cut off when Inuyasha shoved her backwards with a clawed hand. His other hand balled into a fist and connected with the human’s jaw with a resounding crack. Hojo sprawled on the pavement, clutching his aching face. Blood was already beginning to flow from his nose.

“Get the fuck up, coward, and fight me!” Inuyasha roared at the cringing boy.

Kagome snapped into action, springing forward and onto his back, knocking him to the ground. “Inuyasha, that’s enough! You know he isn’t a match for you.”

“Bitch, get off me!“ Inuyasha shook her off and rolled into a crouch. Why was she protecting this mortal? Didn’t she understand that no other male was allowed to touch her?

Hojo picked himself up and held a hand out to her but kept his eyes on his aggressor. “Hurry Kagome, we’ll call the police and they’ll deal with this maniac.” A small crowd was beginning to form around them and a concerned citizen was already using her cell phone to contact the police.

Snarling, Inuyasha lunged at him. Kagome grabbed Hojo’s outstretched hand and pulled him forward out of Inuyasha path. Losing his balance, the human boy clumsily fell on top of her. He gasped and scrambled away, his eyes bulging from their sockets. “Kagome, you’re different…”

Inuyasha paused his attack at his strange change of behavior and looked over at Kagome curiously. What did he mean, different? She looked the same to him…

A buzzing in her limbs told her what had alarmed Hojo; she had lost her human disguise. Her eyes pleaded with him to understand, but he scooted further away. “Hojo, I’m so sorry.” The boy simply shook his head and hunched further into himself, the whites of his eyes showing around his entire iris. Kagome’s heart strained in her chest; now her human friends were rejecting her? How much could she lose in one week? “Inuyasha, we have to go,” she grabbed his arm and tried to pull him away from the cowering boy.

Inuyasha bared his fangs at him, then let Kagome lead him away from the school. He was beginning to realize what could have frightened the boy. Pushing through the mob that had surrounded them, Kagome broke into a run. She reached the base of a short building and leapt to the top with the hanyou in tow.

“Kagome, did you learn-?”

“Baka! See what you did?” Kagome shouted at him and pointed to the crowd milling below them. Sirens pierced the air, followed by flashing lights. “I’ll never be able to show my face here again!” Her silver eyes blazing with fury, she bounded from rooftop to rooftop.

“He was touching you!” he shouted back, following her. With a frustrated snort, he vaulted over her head and landed in her path.

She skidded to a stop and glowered at him, “He touched my hand and I was trying to get rid of him! He was one of my friends!”

“He was trying to take you away!”

“I was canceling the date!“

“He-“

“No! I don’t want to hear any more! Did you see how he looked at me?” her eyes filled with tears and she wiped them away with the back of her hand. “Leave me alone!” she slapped his hands away as he reached for her. Pressing a hand to her mouth, she tried to muffle the sobs that welled out of her chest.

Ignoring her attempts to pull away, he gathered her to him and held her tight. Guilt nagged at the back of his mind; he probably shouldn’t have started that scene. But he was touching her, damn it! A growl tried to work it’s way free of his chest. “Please don’t cry, Kagome.” He kissed her lightly all over the face, trying to sooth her.

“But I don’t belong anywhere,” she wailed, flinging her head back and fisting her hands in his haori. Tears streamed out of her eyes and into her black hair.

He caught the back of her head and pressed it to his chest. “You belong with me.” He understood her anguish. He had been very young but he still remembered the pain and confusion when he had been cast out of his mother’s village After his mother had died, he’d been beaten by the people with whom he‘d been raised, then tossed unceremoniously out the gates of the village. He had sat outside the gates for hours, crying and calling for his mother, grandfather, anyone who would listen. Finally giving up, he had wandered into the forest alone.

He held her until she crying subsided, then picked her up with his arms under her knees and back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kept her face buried in his shoulder, clinging to him as if he were her only connection to reality.

“Take me home,” she murmured into his shoulder. Somehow, he didn’t think she meant her house.

~~~

Shippo regarded Kagome’s glum face in the firelight; flames reflected in her silver eyes, turning them into banked coals. She’d been sad since they got back, not saying much but handing him his candy with a wavering smile. He’d tried to ask her about it but she’d picked him up and cuddled him, assuring him she was fine. He knew better.

Inuyasha was acting strangely, too. He always stayed within easy reach of Kagome and was far more gentle and considerate than usual. He hadn’t been hit yet and even Myoga had left the group unsquished.

“Do you think Sango will let us live in the demon slayer’s village?” Kagome asked suddenly from her seat near the fire.

Inuyasha’s eyes widened, “Is that what you want?”

“I don’t know. Maybe,” she leaned against him, resting her head against his shoulder. “What do you want?”

He kissed the top of her head, “Just you.” She looked up at him through her thick fringe of bangs, a ghost of a smile on her lips.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah,” he bent his head and pressed his lips to hers, sensing her inner turmoil and wanting to quiet it. Neither of them noticed when Shippo stole away from the camp fire with a small smile, recognizing his cue to make himself scarce. He knew Inuyasha would make Kagome feel better.

Kagome tangled the fingers of one hand in his hair and returned his kiss, opening her mouth and meeting his tongue with hers with an urgency that surprised them both. His cedar scent wrapped around her, scattering her thoughts and fanning the heat in her belly. She slipped the fingers of her free hand under the edge of his haori, scraping claws against taut flesh.

Inuyasha groaned and tugged off his outer haori, laying it on the forest floor behind her. Supporting her back with one arm, he trailed nibbles down her neck to her collarbone, his lips searing her skin. She arched her back, gasping in delight, as his claws grazed the skin of her stomach under her shirt, tracing a path to her breasts and coming to rest her on her underwire bra. Irritated, he used a claw to slice through the delicate lace, freeing the luscious mounds of flesh. Palming one and squeezing, he teased the hard nipple with his thumb.

The mewling sound she was making was driving him wild; he had to get this shirt off of her. He laid her back on the makeshift bed and split the offending garment down the middle. Naked from the waist up, Kagome gazed up at him, silver eyes burning with passion and youkai lust. She reached up to his undershirt and wrenched the two sides apart and out of his hakama, her claws snagging in the lightweight fabric. He shrugged out of it, letting it fall in a pile behind him. His hair glittered in the moonlight, forming a silver cloud around his face. He was her anchor, safe haven, her entire world. ‘Magical…mine.’

“So beautiful,” he whispered and took a pink nipple into his mouth, letting his fangs sink into her silky skin. The tang of her blood on his tongue sent quivers through his body, painfully engorging him. She writhed beneath him, crying out and raking her claws down his back. Her nimble fingers found the ties of his hakama and tugged them loose. The red fabric joined the undershirt in an untidy pile. He cut through her skirt and panties with one swipe of his claws and pressed the length of his body against hers.

Wrapping her legs around his hips, she gasped, “Kiss me.” He obeyed without question, plunging his tongue into her mouth. Her mark hit him like a bolt of lightning, charging his body and standing his hair on end. He reared back and roared, thrusting through her virginal barrier and deep into her core. She tilted her hips to receive him and voiced her own harsh cry, the slight pain overcome by intense pleasure as he stretched her tight passage. Sliding out of her with a moan, he kneaded her thighs. “I didn’t hurt you?” he panted. She shook her head and grabbed his hard buttocks, guiding him back into her. He let himself sink slowly into her wetness, his eyes sliding shut and a low growl vibrating his chest.

Taking her encouragement and barely able to contain himself, he began pumping into her, slowly at first, careful not to cause her pain. The bucking of her hips goaded to him to drive harder and faster, giving in to the need he’d kept pent up for years. The more he had of her, the more he wanted her.

Kagome road wave after wave of pleasure, hardly able to believe that anything could feel so wonderful, so right. Finally, after years of traveling and leading a double life, she felt perfectly at home. Their connection was more than physical; they seemed to share one soul. Kagome couldn’t tell where she ended and he began. Twisting her hands in his silver mane, she pulled him to her, delving her tongue into his mouth as he moved deep within her.

A delicious tension hummed between them, building as their pace quickened to frenetic. Release came as simultaneous explosions that echoed through their marks. Inuyasha shouted his claim to the heavens with an inarticulate cry, emptying himself as she shuddered around him. Utterly spent, he collapsed next to her, panting and slippery with sweat. Rolling onto her side and draping one leg over his, Kagome snuggled into his shoulder. His eyes sliding shut and he sighed contentedly, ‘It’s official now…mates.’


Converting /tmp/phplkecvN to /dev/stdout