InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Early December ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing! BUAHAHAHA!

Author's Note: @_@ Whoa! Another new ficcy by me. . .

I hope I can stay on top of things! ^_^;;

Anyway, I've had this idea for a while, so I hope you like it!

WARNING FOR LATER IN CHAPTER! LIME! LIME! LIME!

~*~

~Prologue~

~Kagome's PoV~

A lot has happened since I first fell though the well.

We collected the Shikon Shards.

Defeated Naraku.

Miroku and Sango got married.

Shippo grew to be a teenager.

Inu-Yasha and I fell in love.

Though I suppose I have always loved Inu-Yasha. Love is like that, you know?

Or maybe you don't. . .

That's okay, you'll learn someday.

But though so much has changed, a whole bunch of stuff stayed the same.

Too much, if you ask me.

*

"INU-YASHAAAAA!" I bellow- my face red with anger as I scream at the hanyou who is currently sulking in his tree, refusing point blank to acknowledge me.

I try again.

"Inu-Yasha, answer me!"

I wait.

He doesn't.

"Would you at least LOOK at me?!"

I wait.

He doesn't.

Grr. . .

Grounding my teeth in an unhealthy fashion, I make the second-to-worst threat. "I'll say the `s' word!"

He still has no reaction.

What the hell is his problem?!

"Fine! I won't say it!" I snap; feeling as though my threats and insults would have been better directed at the tree, rather then the boy in its branches. "I'll just go home instead!"

I wait a moment for that to register.

He gives he a sideways glance, his golden eyes full of sorrow.

Gods, I love his eyes. . .

I love it when he just lets me stare into his eyes and play with his ears. Of course, he only lets me do this when no one's around to hear him purr. . .

A surge of desire courses through me, causing my anger to disintegrate.

How could I hate the boy who those eyes belonged to?

The boy who owns those ears. . .?

The boy who-

I suppose my scent changed with my thoughts because Inu-Yasha's face turned the lightest shade of pink and he looked away again.

Talk about a fantasy killer.

"Fine!" I grumble, turning my back to the tree and the gusty April winds. "I'm going home. Come get me when you're ready to talk again."

I begin to march towards the portal to my time, waiting for him to jump down and scoop me up, calling me names and yelling at me for even thinking of going home.

He doesn't.

Feeling a few tears prickle in the corners of my eyes, I leap though the well, half-hoping he would follow.

But he didn't.

*

"I'm home. . ." I call dully as I enter the shrine, looking around for my family.

But though I was home, it didn't look like they were.

Glancing briefly over at the kitchen table, I notice a note.

But who the hell cares?

Stifling a sad sigh, I trek up to my bedroom, flop down on to the bed, and bury my face into my pillow.

"What's his problem, anyway?" I frown into the darkness of my room, lit by the sunset. "Was he thinking about HER again?!"

Goddamn that Kikyo.

Even though we're together, he still sometimes thinks about her.

Well, she * was * an important part of his past, I suppose. . .

I wonder how far they got with each other?

I know they've kissed, but that was when she was already dead. . .

Did they do anything in life? Or did Kikyo want to wait until Inu-Yasha was human?

Sounds like something she'd do.

Though I don't get why.

How could anyone not be turned on by his ears? His eyes? The way his canines' gently graze your bottom lip when kissing, causing shivers to run up your spine?

She's was just weird, I suppose.

But still. . .

Did they ever. . .?

Shaking my head with a sigh, I get out of bed and change into my pajamas; a loose tank top and pair of old flannel pants. Sitting down at my vanity table with a brush, I slowly begin combing my long ebony tresses.

"Inu-Yasha wouldn't have done that with her," I whisper, more to myself then anyone else- I just need to hear the words aloud.

Stifling another sigh, I stand up and stretch before crawling into bed, curling up into a sad ball.

"Inu-Yasha. . ."

Gently closing my eyes to allow slumber to overcome me, I was distracted by a tapping on my closed window.

"What the- - -?" I murmur, cracking one eye open and glancing towards the window.

I suppose I should be more frightened, but I'd bet a bugler wouldn't be half as scary as Sessho-Maru.

As my sleep-blurred sight slowly focuses, I'm able to trace the outline of Inu-Yasha, framed by the moon.

Confused, curious, and torn between happiness and annoyance, I tumble out of bed and unlock the window, throwing it open so the hanyou could come in.

But he didn't just come in-

He leapt in.

Like a pouncing animal.

And he pounced on me.

"Inu-Yasha!" I gasped in shock as we fall back on the bed; he straddled over my waist and trailing hot, open-mouthed kisses down my shoulders and neck.

"I'm sorry, so sorry. . ." he murmurs into my skin, sending shivers of pleasure down my spine as he nuzzles my cheek, burying his face in my hair.

"Sorry for what?" I ask between moans of pleasure as he continues trailing kisses down my body, though he seems annoyed with the outfit covering me up.

"Sorry that I ignored you. . .that I can't take it anymore. . . that I love you. . ." he whispers, trying to close all the gaps between us as he pushes me against the wall- gently as he could- and began trying to claw the clothes off my body. The gesture surprises me, yet I find I don't mind.

I do mind, however, when he suddenly stops and leaps away, seemingly horror struck at what he was doing.

"I'm sorry, so sorry. . ." he cries, trembling in the corner as I sit up in confused annoyance, my tank-top destroyed and hanging in tatters from my shoulders. "So sorry for all of this. . . what I was going to do. . . so sorry. . ."

"But why? You didn't do anything wrong," I reply softly, ignoring this afternoon and my ruined shirt. "What were you planing on do- oh. . ."

I blush slightly.

Well, DUH he was going to. . .

". . . Would it have been your first time?" I ask quietly, looking anywhere but at Inu-Yasha.

I feel his eyes fall on me again.

"Wh- why?"

I try a different question.


"Had you done THAT with Kikyo?"

"No," he responds, his voice still shaking slightly. It was such a change; my big, strong Inu-chan transformed into such a frightened little puppy. "I didn't and wouldn't want to do that with Kikyo. Not now. Not ever. Youkai are supposed to mate for life. . . . I suppose my father was an exception to that rule. . ."

I nod, slowly glancing over at him as he looks away.

Then I get gracefully to my feet, walking cautiously over to the boy, who quickly tenses.

"N-no! Don't come any closer!" he barks, trying to wiggle out of the way as I corner him in the corner. "Your scent! I-I won't be able to control myself!"

"Then don't," I command, kneeling right in front of him and looking momentarily into his perfect amber eyes before capturing his lips in a light, lingering, teasing kiss as I fumble with the cords of his haori.

"Stop," he moans into the kiss, trying escape as he kissed back. "Stop. . .you don't know what you're doing. . .!"

"Then you show me what to do," I whisper, pressing myself flat against his chest..

His eyes flash momentarily red as his hand slips down my back, causing desire to well up inside of me.

He takes one look at me and -much to my pleasure- starts kissing me again.

It was one of the best nights of my life-

And I think that's all I need to say.

~*~

-^_^- Woo!

Well, that was fun, ne?

Dancing on the thin line between lime and lemon. . . ^_^

I hope you liked it! ^_^

Please R&R!

Ja ne!