InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Early December ❯ One ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nada!

Author's Note: Hey, guys!

Welcome back to my most recent story! ^_^_^_^

Okay, I'm going to address this `problem' right away:

PLEASE READ:

One of my friends was `commenting' (more like `regally stating, but whatever, he's stupid {^_~}) that this fic should be called `Early January', because since they had sex (oo, the forbidden word!) in April, the first month would technically be May. HOWEVER- they had their lemon in EARLY APRIL (as will be stated in this chapter), so I'm counting April as the first month.

~*~

~Chapter One: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!~

~Inu-Yasha's PoV~

I continually bang my head against a tree near the edge of the forest.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I grunt every time my noggin hits the hard wood. "STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!"

How could I DO that to my Kagome-chan?!

I knew she was in heat!

I knew it!

I KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT!

"Stupid, stupid, stupid," I chant as my forehead continually slams into the bark.

She's going to kill me when she finds out.

She is!

I just know it!

It had been one week since our `night' in Kagome's room at the beginning of this month, and I had been praying this wouldn't happen- but there was no denying it now.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid," I continue to grunt, so deep in my thoughts and self-brought abuse that I don't notice Sango and Miroku's four-year-old daughter walk up behind me.

When I finally *do* notice her, she's already calling for her parents.

"Mama! Daddy! Unccy Inu's cwacked!" she screams at the top of her lungs, her short black hair- which is pulled into pigtails- bobbing as she leaps up and down in concerned excitement.

"He cracked a long time ago, Kaguya-chan," Shippo informs the girl as he leaps out of a near-by tree, having been watching my antics for a long time.

"I have not!" I growl, whirling to face him but finding it hard to see- my eyes are crossed from my continual banging.

"What's going on?" Sango calls in concern, walking towards her daughter and the kitsune, whapping her husband's wandering hand while she's at it.

"Unccy Inu's wost it!" Kaguya chirped, her violet eyes wide.

"You can't lose what you never had," Miroku smiles widely.

I glare at the whole bunch of them, my eyes finally un-crossing. "Shut up! I'm not in the mood for this shit!"

"Inu-Yasha!" Sango snaps, covering her daughter's ears. "Please! Watch your language!"

"Damn, shit, fuck, ass-" I begin reciting, hoping to tick the exterminator off.

It's the only efficient way I know how to burn off steam-

By angering someone else.

"`Amn! `Hit! `Uck-!" Kaguya giggles, mimicking me as she pushes her mother's hands away.

Shippo shakes his head and throws an acorn at me.

"Don't do that, runt!" I snarl as I catch the acorn, crushing it in my hands.

"I'm not a runt, I'm a teenager!" he protests in annoyance.

"You're barely a pre-teen."

"I'm 11!"

"That's not a teenager."

"Kagome lets me call myself a teenager!"

As *her* name is mentioned, my face flames red- much to everyone's curiosity.

"GODS! I don't have to take this!" I roar, becoming fed up as I leap away, into the serene quiet of the forest.

But as I leave I hear Miroku state in confusion:

"What did we do wrong?"

*

I find a tall, budding tree in the middle of the woods, it's leaves bright in the spring-time sun. Settling in the branches, I let my mind drift back to my current dilemma:

How to save my hide when Kagome finds out she's pregnant.

I take a moment to wham my head into the tree, accompanying my actions with a few now-familiar rounds of "Stupid, stupid, stupid!".

It was all my fault.

I knew she would get pregnant- she was in heat, after all!

It had been why I was ignoring her. . .

But I just could NOT ignore her sadness when she left. . .

And her tears. . .

I can't stand it when she cries; especially when *I'm* the reason. . .

But she's probably going to shed a lot MORE tears when I find out what I did to her.

Sighing, I flop back on the tree trunk, twiddling my thumbs in thought.

*I* want this pup. . .

Just the thought of Kagome baring my children gave me shivers of pleasure.

Gods, I loved her.

But would she want it?

She's still pretty young by her time's standards.

Would they make fun of her at `skool?'

Well. . .


I'd just have to rip their gods-forsaken throats out if they did.

And. . .

She hadn't stopped me. . .

She'd encouraged me. . .

Not that it made it any less my fault.

Still. . .

There was a chance she wouldn't mind. . . .

She could even be happy about it.

. . .

Right?

I hope so.

I really don't want to think about how many times I'd be `sat' if she wasn't.

Happy, that is.

*

I pace nervously around the well, waiting for my mate to come back from her time.


She had promised three days, damn it!

But. . .

If she's a few minutes late today, that's okay.

I need time to think.

When would Kagome get suspicious about her condition?

I could sort of smell it after that night, but it took me a week to be positive.

How long would it take her modern medicines to inform her?

Maybe I should just tell her?

Or. . .

Or. . .

Oh, I don't know!

Fuming in frustration, I plop down at the edge of the well and look up at the bright blue sky, my deep sigh lost in the breeze.

"Troubles, my friend?" Miroku's face- which has suddenly appeared in front of me- asks kindly.

In spite myself I jump in slight surprise.

Fuck it, he had traveled up-wind!

Stupid hentai was learning. . .

"What the hell do you want?" I grumble, looking away as he sits down next to me.

"You seem in deep thought," he shrugs, picking a dandelion and sniffing it with interest. "That's not common for you."

"Shut up."

"I didn't mean it as an insult."

"But the insult was there."

"Well. . . .yeah, but- oh, come on, Inu-Yasha! What's the matter?"

I sigh again, unable to ignore his genuine concern.

"Kagome. . . might be mad at me," I mumble uncomfortably, not wanting to alert him to the situation.

"Ho? Did you do something stupid again?"

". . .Yeah."

"That *would* explain this morning's `stupid, stupid, stupid' business. "

"You don't say?" I drawl.

He ignores me as he continues his inquisition.

"Now, what kind of `stupid' act did you commit?""

I say nothing, examining my claws like I'd never seen them before.

Miroku shoots me a dry glare. "Okay, fine, I'll guess. Did it have to do with Kikyo?"

"No."

"An insult that slipped out of your overly-large mouth?"

"NO."

"Did you try and kill Shippo again?"

"I never tried in the first place!"

"The thought was there."

"The thought's always there!"

"Whatever, let's move on."

"Lets," I grumble, mentally reprimanding myself for saying anything to begin with.

"Does it have to do with Kouga?"

"No."

"That Hobo or what's-his-name?"

"No."

"Some other guy?"

". . . Sorta. . ."

"Sorta," he repeats blankly. "Well, that's helpful. Look, Inu-Yasha, it sounds to me like you should just say you're sorry. Kagome-sama's very forgiving. If you're lucky, she might just `sit' you once."

"I feel so much better now," I tell him dryly, standing up and dusting off my pants.

"Good," the monk nods, a small smile on his face. "Now, if you excuse me, I have to find my daughter. It's my turn to give her a bath.*"

I inwardly wince in sympathy.

Kaguya hates baths.

"Good luck," I offer as he walks off, unable not to feel happy that I didn't have that job this week.

"You too," he calls back, disappearing into the wooded path that leads to the village.

I'd probably need it.

~*~

^_^ Hope you liked!

It'll get funnier as things go on, I promise. And I didn't mean this as angsty, so I'm sorry if any of you thought it was-

But can you blame him for being nervous? ^_^;;

Anyway. . .

Hope you enjoyed!

Please R&R!

Ja ne!

* Don't ANY of you get the wrong idea! She's his DAUGHTER! He's NOT gonna `try' anything on HER!

^_^ Now that that's said. . . ja, tomodachi! ^_^