InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Early December ❯ Two ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: ::tired:: Wha. . .?

Author's Note: ::exhausted:: Hey, y'all. . .

Gods, I'm tired. I have at least one test/quiz a day, tons of homework, and I need to stay on top of all my fics. . . @_@

Oh well.

At least we're all almost through the week, ne?

And wow!

I just have to say it- sugoi!

Over 50 reviews after just a prologue and the first chapter?!

-^_^- You guys are too good to me!

Arigotu!

Aejavu: Aww man. . .

Oh well. ^_^ Have fun!

SilverStarWing: ^_^ You'll see. . .

Kenkaya: Like I said, I'm new at this preggy-fic thing, so I'm glad I haven't made any mistakes so far! -^_^-

Actually, I got the name `Kaguya' out of a Japanese folk-tale. The story said it meant `moonlight' and I have a little idea for that for later on. . . ^_~

And yes, Shippo IS his adoptive son in my eyes. That'll play more into this fic later as well.

Finally- you'll see what their baby looks like when it's born, no sooner! ^_~

Ishizu Sango Halliwell: Don't worry, their will be a bath scene! ^_^ It'll be fun, lol!

Silver Hanyou1: ::sticks out hand expectantly:: Where are my cookies?

Lol, just kidding! ^_~

You can't see Miroku as a daddy? Me, I can see that easily. . . ^_~ Inu too. I honestly think he'd make a good father. ^_^ Don't you think so?

Chibi Horsewoman: Kagome will have her cravings, I promise. She'll have a lot more then cravings, thought. . .*insert evil laughter*

~Kagome: o_O~

Glad you liked last chapter, and I hope all your friends are okay! o_O

squeakyinuears: Woot! I have respect! ^_~ Lol. Yeah, it's taking a lot of work to stay on top of everything, but I think I can do it. . . ^_^;;

I'm glad you liked last chapter so much! ^_^

And yes, you never know the way some people's mind's work. . . can't be too careful. . . ¬_¬;;;

^_^

Kagome Protectress of the Weak: ^_^ It means `friend'.

It's okay! (You weren't the only one asking if it was a one-shot. . .)

Hope I didn't forget anyone. . .

If I did. . .

Gomen! -^_^-;

All righty!

Here we go with chapter two! XD

Let the insanity begin, lol!

((BTW- I'm probably rushing pregnancy signals, but if I didn't, this would be a pretty boring chapter, ne? ^_^;;;))

~*~

~Chapter Two: Just Five More Minutes. . .~

~Kagome's PoV~

"Kagome!" my mother's voice calls from a distance. "Kagome, it's time for dinner!"

I groan inaudibly into my pillow, my face buried in it's soft, fluffy, warmth.

"Don't wanna get up. . ." I whine tiredly, rolling over onto my stomach. "Just five more minutes. . ."

"Kagome, dear, this isn't school, it's dinner," my mom chuckles, her voice suddenly coming from directly above me. "But you're already a twig as it is, you need to eat."

"Too. . . tired. . ." I mumble back, my eyes growing heavier and heavier with every passing second.

Mama makes a `tut tut'ing noise with her tongue. "You obviously haven't been getting enough sleep with all your time traveling. Early bedtime tonight."

That's not a problem with me.

"Okay," I yawn. "I'll go to bed early. I'll go to bed now."

"I meant more like after dinner. Come on, I made your favorite!"

"Oden?" I question, my half-lidded eyes flicking up to look at her.

"Yep."

I weigh my options.

Stay here and fall asleep, as my body was screaming.

Or eat my fill of oden, go to the bathroom, and then go to bed.

. . .

"Okay, okay, I'm coming. . ." I mutter, crawling slowly out of bed and slouching out the door.

"Oh good!" my mother beams. "I was worried you were sick! You know, maybe you should take a break from all thi- honey, the kitchen's that way, that's the bathroom!"

I know that.

Why did she think I chose the second option?

I really, really have to go!

*

"Kagome?"

"Whaaaat?!" I groan in exasperation, curled into a ball under my bedcovers.

Sota bounces into my bed and lays next to my head, keeping unnervingly close to my face.

He obviously hadn't brushed his teeth in a while.

"Why are *you* so tired tonight?" he asks, shuffling his deck of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

"Because," I respond curtly, closing my eyes and wishing he would go away.

"That's not a very good answer."

"Well, it's the best I can come up with since my brain fell asleep."

"Then wake your brain up and make a superior comeback."

"No."

"Why not?!"

"Because my brain likes being asleep. So does my body. Hint hint."

"You need to eat more sugar," my brother says wisely.


"You need to eat less."

Much less.

He was almost vibrating in his spot.

A moment of silence passes, but the sagging weight in my bed doesn't go away.

Sota refuses to move.

"Sis?"

"What?" I sigh, cracking my eyes open and glancing at him.

"When will Inu-Yasha come to visit again?"

A red-hot blush creeps quickly up my neck as memories blossom in my mind like spring time flowers.

"I- um- don't know. . ." I mumble, rolling over so my back faces Sota and my head is looking toward the window.

Unfortunately, my little brother isn't as stupid as I'd like to believe, and he easily sees the new magenta tint in my cheeks.

"What's that for?" he smirks, poking my face with a finger. "'Membring stuff? Bet you are! Ha! Didja kiss?"

I pulled the covers over my head.

Oh, *did* we kiss. . .

"Go away," I say through the blankets, trying to quell the shivers of desire that are now coursing up my spine.


Damn photographic memory!

"Aww, but I want details!" Sota whines, a smile evident in his voice. "Like `when's the wedding'? I can't WAIT to tell my friends at school!"

"You won't tell them anything!" I snap, pulling the comforters down enough to glare at him- but keeping it high enough to cover my cheeks. "Now go away, I want to sleep! I'm tired!"

"You don't sound tired to me," he shrugs, resuming fiddling with his deck.

Okay, that was true.

I was pretty wound up now. . .

"Just go!" I command, pointing towards the door.

"All right, all right. . ." he grumbles, pocketing his cards and shuffling towards the door. "Spoil sport. . ."

As he closes the door behind him, I sigh and relax again; feeling my body instantly grow sleepy once more.

My eyes slowly closing and a happy pink tinge on my face- thanks to recently stirred thoughts- I finally get to drift into the sweet oblivion of sleep.

*

For about five minutes.

"Kagome. . ." a soft, shaky voice calls from above me, accompanied by someone gently shaking my shoulder. "Come on, let's go."

"Noooo. . ." I moan, covering my ears with a pillow. "Just five more minutes. . .!"

"Kagome-chan, come on!"

"Don't wanna. . . too sleepy. . ."

"Don't make me get rough with you."

"Just sit and wait a minute. . ." I mumble. "I'll get up in a sec-"

I bolt straight up in bed as the ground around me shakes in a surprise earthquake.

No, check that-

As the ground shakes with the force of Inu-Yasha `sit'ing.

"Inu-Yasha!" I gasp, noticing his face down position on the floor. "I'm so sorry!"

He darkly mumbles something into the ground as we wait for the spell to wear off.

"So what are you doing here?" I ask slowly as he sits up, a nervous smile on my face as he shoots me a reproachful look.

"I came to take you back home," he responds shortly, his arms and legs crossed in `classic Inu-Yasha style'. "You've been here long enough."

"Inu-chan. . ." I whine, flopping back in bed. "I'm too tired to travel! I just wanna sleep!"

"You can sleep back home!"

"I wanna sleep now!"

"But Kagome-!"

"No!"

He lets out a long, deep sigh.

I must admit I'm surprise.

By now, he'd usually have spat out a line of profanities, thrown me over his shoulder, and hopped down the well with me.

"Fine," he mumbles in annoyance. "Go to sleep."

I beam tiredly at him, a wave of appreciation washing over me.

"Thank you, Inu-chan!"

He nods once in acknowledgment as I curl up in bed again, closing my eyes, waiting for sleep to over take me once more.

And I wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait. . .

But it doesn't.

After all- it's rather hard to rest when someone keeps their eyes continually locked upon you.

"Inu-chan. . .?" I sigh.

"What?"

"Can you stop?"

"Stop what?"

"Watching me!"

"Why?"

"Because I can't sleep when you're doing that!"

"Why?"

"I just can't!"

"That's not a very good reason."

"I DON'T CARE!" I cry, tears welling up in the corners of my eyes. Rolling quickly over to face him, I bang my fists into my mattress in frustration. "I JUST WANNA SLE-E-E-E-EP!"

His eyes widen in shock and fear. "Ka-Kagome, don't cry! Please don't cry!"

"I WANNA SLEEEEEP!" I sob, throwing myself at Inu-Yasha and inevitably toppling off the bed, landing in his arms and burying my face in his chest.

"Then do so," he sighs, wrapping his arms around me, sounding tired himself. "Sleep."

"But I can't. . ." I yawn, my eyes growing heavy as his comforting scent of pine and cinnamon intoxicates me. "I. . . can't with you. . . watching me. . . like. . ."

I don't even have a chance to finish my sentence as my world fades to a cozy black.

~*~

^_^ There ya go.

I hope you enjoyed!

I'll try to update all my fics soon, but I have a really busy weekend coming up. . .@_@ ^_^;;

But I promise to try my best!


Please R&R!

Ja ne!