InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Early December ❯ Seven ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I still don't own Inu-Yasha. ::sighs:: Only in my dreams. . .

Author's Note: Yo, minna! ^_^

How is everyone?

Spiffy?

I hope so! ^_^


Okay- I've noticed a few continuously repeated questions, so here I go answering them.

ONE: Yes, Sango and Miroku are married. They had Kaguya together, remember? I KNOW I established the fact that Kaguya was their daughter! In the first few chappies! ::nods:: I did. . .

So YES- Sango has been pregnant. She is NOT *currently* pregnant, but she has been.

TWO: Can I make the chapters longer? Yes, I can. WILL I make the chapters longer? I'll try.

People, I LOVE to write FF for you, I really, *really* do! I look forward to it every day! But before I can get on my computer to write I need to finish my homework, study, practice my Japanese and violin, walk the dog, finish sketches for Art Honors, eat, and complete other random chores. I'm trying my best, I really am! Could you cut me a little slack, please?

Thanks!

Umm. . .

Is that all?

. . .

I think so! ^_^

Well-

Enjoy this chappie!

~*~

~Chapter Seven: Jealousy Is a Green-Eyed Kitsune~

~Inu-Yasha's PoV~

Kagome and I sit around a small campfire, listening to the soft snores of our companions and the crackling of the flames. She is reading a book from her time, cuddled under a blanket, while I nurse a rather large, painful lump on my head.

My mate glances up at me from the corner of her eye.

"Aww, poor Inu-chan. . ." she smiles, giggling softly as I shoot her a reproachful glare. "Did Sango's rock hurt?"

"More like `Sango's Bolder'!" I snap irritably, huffing as I cross my arms and legs.

She rolls her eyes and scoots closer, resting her head upon my shoulder.

"Well, you should have known better then to spy on us."

"I wasn't spying! I was coming to get the hentai!"

"I know," Kagome grins, kissing me on the cheek. "But you nonetheless interrupted our bath."

I snort and lock my amber orbs on the fire as a soft breeze plays with our hair; a few diamond-like stars tumble though the heavens.

"But you know what?" Kag-chan suddenly smiles, giggling softly.

"Hm?" I respond, only half paying attention.

"I learned some very interesting stuff."

Her giggle becomes a soft laugh as she closes her book, placing a random leaf between the pages. "Like when Miroku gets all horny, he-"

"Oi!" I bark, jumping as my mind flies back to earth. "I really don't want to know!"

"No, you don't," Kagome agrees, gently closing her azure orbs. "But it was really funny. Sango got annoyed with me when I laughed, though, `cause she's really turned on by it."

I pull a disgusted face. "Too much information. . ."

She chuckles, nuzzling into my side. "It was fun to talk with a girl again. . ."

"Mm."

"But I do have a question," Kagome frowns slightly, her eyes opening part way. "Who was watching Kaguya-chan when Sango and I were gone and you two came, saw, and were defeated?"

"Shippo," I grunt, glancing over at the kitsune, who seems to be trying to convince me he's asleep.

He's failing.

His breathing is too irregular.

Why is he awake. . .?

"Oh," she smiles over at the boy. "He's growing up so fast, huh?"

"Mmm," I agree, keeping an eye on the runt.

She beams before going back to her snuggling.

"By the way," I question, pushing a strand of her ebony hair behind her ear as it falls into her face. "You *didn't* say anything about *us* in your little talk with Sango. . . did you?"

Kagome giggles secretively, wrapping her blanket more tightly around her body. "Maybe. . ."

My eyes widen before narrowing to slits.

"WHAT?! What did you tell her?!"


She laughs and kisses my nose before crawling towards her sleeping bag. "'Night, Inu-chan."

"Tell me, damn it!" I insist, a dark red blush creeping up my cheeks at what my mate might have let slip. "Tell me!"

She just continues smiling as she drifts into a cozy slumber.

*

As Kagome falls asleep, I give up on forcing the truth out of her.

Instead, I turn my attention to Shippo.

Getting to my feet, I walk gracefully over to the runt; towering silently over him- waiting for him to acknowledge my presence.

He knows I'm here.

I can see him fidget uncomfortably.

"Stop faking it," I growl, nudging him with my foot. "Come for a walk with me."

"Why?" Shippo hisses, his eyes snapping open as he glares at me. "So you can get rid of me?!"

"No," I respond, my own eyes narrowing slightly in annoyance. "So we can talk."

"Why the hell would you want to talk to me, damn it?" he grumbles, crossing his arms and legs; glaring into space.

Damn, how many people have started doing that?!

First Sota, now Shippo!

Is it *fun* to mimic me?!

. . .

Don't answer that.

"Because," I retort intelligently, grabbing the kitsune's wrist and dragging him with me into the woods.

I can hear him open his mouth to scream, so I quickly bonk him over the head as we reach the forest's path.

"Wake anyone up and I *WILL* use this trip to get rid of you," I snarl, releasing the boy and leaning casually against a tree as I wait for him to get to his feet.

He does so in a slow, leisurely, annoying manner; taking the time to bat the invisible dust off all his clothes.

When he finally brings himself to his full height- which is about to my waist- he shoots me a cool glare.


"So what do you want?" he asks icily, his emerald eyes flashing.

I raise an eyebrow.

He's much bolder tonight.

Much more ticked off. . .

What's his problem?

"Come," I command, careful to keep my voice deprived of emotions since I didn't really know how to feel about his attitude. "Let's walk."

He nods curtly, following me silently as we hike though the woods, the trail lit by the glow of the moon and the stars visible through the forest's ever growing canopy.

As we reach the heart of the woods, I turn to face him, our eyes locking with a small bolt of electricity.

"Now, tell me what's got you so pissed off," I glare, arms crossed.

Shippo says nothing, his green orbs narrowing as his tail flicks in annoyance.

"Well?" I press. "You gonna spill it, runt, or do I have to beat it out of you?"

Still, he doesn't respond.

"Look, you little ass," I hiss, annoyance coursing though me. "Kagome's not around to sit me if I hit y-"

"Don't mention Kagome!" he snaps, baring his small canines.

My eyes widen in surprise.

Oooookaaaay. . .

Well, we're getting *somewhere*. . .

"Why not?"

He looks defiantly away, grumbling under his breath.

"Hmmmm? Couldn't quite hear that," I drone, squatting in front of the boy and grabbing his chin, forcing him to look me in the eyes. "And why not?"

"B-Because!" he hisses, trying to claw my hand away.

I ignore his feeble attempts as I grab his tail and hoist him off the ground, threatening him in a way I hadn't for years.

"Care to expand on that, runt?" I ask casually, our faces inches from each other as we exchange icy glares.

"No, I don't!"

"Tough."

"I'm not telling!"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to!"

"Why?"

"Because I don't!"

"Why?"

"Because then you'd know I-!"


He clamps a hand over his mouth, looking horrified.

My eyebrows shoot to my hairline.

"HMMMM?" I press, ripping his hand away. "I'd know you what. . .?"

He glares at me, looking annoyed with himself and his overly-large Ramen-hole.

"Well?" I continue, poking him in the shoulder. "I'm waiting, runt."

"'Cause then you'd know- - -! Know. . ." he mumbles before taking a deep breath- - -

"ThatIoverheardyouguystalkingatthehotspringsan'IknowKagomeispre gnantandI'mjealousaboutit'causeshewon'tlovemeanymore!"

I blink.

"Say again?"

Shippo sighs deeply, dropping his head so as not to look at me.

"'Cause you'd know that I overheard you guys talking at the hot springs an' I know Kagome is pregnant. . ."

His voice trails off before disappearing all together.

I wait.

He doesn't continue.

"Well?" I growl, waving my free hand. "Go on. . ."

"What?! I told you, didn't I?!" he snaps, though his emerald orbs are still locked on the ground.

"Yeah, but there was more to it then that."

He sighs again.

A moment of silence passes over us, a blast of cool springtime air rustling the trees.

Then Shippo murmurs something so softly, even I have to strain to hear it.

"An' I'm jealous. . ."

I'm so surprised by this I accidentally drop the boy on his head.

"OWWWW!" the kitsune cries as his noggin comes in contact with the hard ground. "That hurt, you stupid do-!"

"You're JEALOUS?!" I repeat, crouching next to Shippo as he pouts in an Indian-style sitting position. "JEALOUS? Of what?!"

. . .

"You didn't want her to be *your* mate, did you?!" I growl, my eyes flashing red.

He pulls a face of absolutely horrified disgust. "NO!"

"Then what the hell are you jealous about?!" I sigh in exasperation, flopping next to the boy- - -

But feeling a little bit better.

At least I wouldn't have to kill him for all the times he's bathed and slept with my Kag-chan since he hadn't been thinking like that. . .

"I'm jealous because- - - because. . ." he grumbles, poking the ground with a stick. "Because. . .when Kagome-chan has your baby. . ."

His emerald orbs fill with tears as he snaps the twig between his fingers.

"She'll have a pup of her own. . ."

He snivels, wiping his eyes on the back of his hand.

"An' she won't love me anymore. . ."

I watch him blankly as one of his crystalline tears hits the ground, darkening the patch of earth it had landed upon.

"Keh!" I finally cry, gently hitting the kitsune over the head. "What a load of bullshit!"

Shippo stops crying in shock, looking up at me with confused, moister-filled emerald orbs.

"Bullshit?" he echoes, bewildered. "What do you mean, bullshit?!"

"I mean exactly what I say," I glare. "How the hell can you think like that, runt?"

"'Cause!" he sobs. "I'm not even her kid!"

"So? I'm not her kid, and she still loves me!"

All right, rather pitiful logic, even I admit that, but hell-

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

"That's different, idiot!" Shippo fumes, tears pouring down his face. "That doesn't prove anything!"

"She loves Kaguya, and she's not her kid."

"She's Kaguya's godmother, she's gotta love her!"

"She loves her family and Sango and Miroku and Kaede- - -"

"They don't count, either! They're her friends and relatives!"

"What the hell do you think YOU are, runt?!"

"I'm a nobody!" he yells, standing up and glaring at me. "A nobody!"

"No," I retort curtly, standing up as well, putting my hands on my hips and locking my cool gaze with his own. "You're her- our- first pup. Why the hell would she forget about you?"

The furious, jealous fire inside his tear-filled emerald eyes slowly goes out.

"`O-o-our first pup'. . .?" he repeats cautiously, as if afraid he might have misheard. "Yo-you mean- - - you and Kagome consider me- - -?"

"Keh," I snap, irritated as I look away. "Of course, runt. Who the hell else could I have been talking abo-?"

But I cut myself off as I feel small arms wrap themselves around my waist.

Looking down in shock, I find Shippo hugging me tightly; his sobbing muffled by my haori.

"Oi, runt," I murmur, gently. "You're gonna ruin my clothes."

He responds by holding me tighter.

Chucking softly, pry his hands off of me- - -

And lift him into my arms, allowing him to cry into my shoulder as I hug him.

"Stupid runt," I sigh as his tears reduce themselves to hiccups. "You'll always be an idiot, won't you?"

"Shut up," he mumbles sleepily, still sniveling.

"Feh," I retort softly, watching him slowly drift off in my arms . "`Night, runt."

"Night, daddy," he murmurs.

Blinking once or twice, I allow a small smile to overtake my lips as I carefully carry his sleeping form back to camp.

~*~

^_^

Yea!

Well, I hope you enjoyed!

Please R&R!

Ja ne!