InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Early December ❯ Six ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: To my knowledge, I still don't own Inu-Yasha.

Author's Note: Hello, guys!

::sighs:: I'm sad.

Seeing is Deceiving is over. T_T

Though everyone liked the ending, so. . .

::perks up:: It's all good, ne?

But anyway- we're here to talk about Early December, not SiD! ^_^

So here we go with chapter 6! XD

~*~

~Chapter Six: You're WHAT?! Part II~

~Kagome's PoV~

"Ah, what a beautiful evening!" I cry happily as Sango and I walk together through the woods, our arms full of fresh clothes, towels, and soaps.

I raise my face to the sky, straining my eyes to see if I can find the first night-time stars.

Ah, there's one!

And another!

You know, the evening sky is one of the things I love the most about Feudal Japan.


You could never see stars back ho- - -

. . .

It's been about a week since I decided to leave my time. . .

I wonder. . .

If Mama knows yet-?

I shake my head to clear it of sad thoughts.

No need to feel down now! Not when the weather is so beautiful. . .

The moon is slowly rising in the dark pink, indigo, and soft black sky. The air is sweet with the scent of cherry blossoms, and Sango and I are finally getting away from it all for a much needed trip to the hot springs.

"You're right," my friend chirps, beaming. "Perfect for a dip. We haven't had a chance to relax for so long!"

"Mhm!" I agree, taking my eyes off the heavens and placing them instead on the calm exterminator. "But. . . um, what about Miroku?"

"What about him?"

"D'you. . . d'you think he'll try and spy on us?"

Sango snorts, rolling her magenta* orbs.

"If we're talking about the same Miroku, then hell yeah."

A frown begins to cross my face, but Sango shakes her head to stop it.

"Don't worry. I'm pretty sure Miroku'll be good tonight."

"Hm? Why?"

"'Cause I'm leaving Inu-Yasha with him, and taking you with me. Even my monk isn't stupid enough to toy with death like he'd be doing if he'd try and peek on you."

She blinks.

"At least, I hope he's not that stupid."

I sigh in quiet relief.

She's right. . .

"`Sides, I told him to watch Kaguya."

"Ah, keeping him busy?" I grin.

"Bingo."

We high-five- something I taught her to do during one of our long, girl to girl conversations- as we reach the springs.

Turning our backs to one another, we slowly slip out of our clothes, shivering slightly in the cool evening breeze as flower petals float past us and land in the water.

As I pull off my shirt and fold it neatly, my eyes fall upon my abdomen.

There's already a small lump there, proof of the fact that Inu-Yasha and my pup is growing.

Smiling softly, I gingerly touch the skin around my unborn child.

I wonder what life will be like after this. . .?

"Say, Kagome-chan?" Sango suddenly calls from the spring, making me jump slightly and turn to face her in surprise. "Do you have any more of that lavender smelling soap? It really- - turns- Miroku. . . on. . . um. . . Kagome-chan?"

Her voice trails away as her eyes fall on my stomach.

Oops. . .

"Er- yeah?" I ask nervously, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around me.

Not like it matters anymore.

So, sighing, I drop it almost instantly.

"You're pregnant?" the exterminator asks in total disbelief, her eyes the size of dinner plates . "You and Inu-Yasha- - - you've- - - you're pregnant?"

I nod slowly and slide into the water across from her as she continues to give me that same blank stare.

A long silence presses against our ears, our eyes locked as a cool wind breezes through, rustling our long hair and covering the surface of the hot liquid around us with more cherry blossoms.

Then-

"OH GODS!" Sango screams in delight, launching herself in my direction and choking me up in a bear hug. "YOU'RE WHAT?! SAY IT AGAIN!"

"I- I'm pregnant. . ." I gasp out in shock, my eyes popping as she tightens her embrace.

"Oh gods!" she laughs. "Oh gods, Kagome-chan! I'm so happy! Oo- We have to plan so much! Names and clothes and special herbs and- And- and now I won't be the only woman with stretch marks around here!"

"Sango-chan!" I laugh in disbelief. "Please!"

"I'm sorry, Kagome-chan! But I'm just so thrilled for you!"

She giggles again, beaming joyfully at me.

Then she slowly lets a smirk take over her lips.

"So. . ." she whispers, her eyes glittering playfully. "How was Inu-Yasha?"

"SANGO-CHAN!" I gape, a red hue crawling up my cheeks.

"Oh come on, just between us girls," she chuckles, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "Tell me all about it! `Sides, I wanna see how good Miroku is in comparison."

I laugh along with her as we settle comfortably into the warm waters.

"Well," I begin, my cheeks stained a rosy pink. "He was. . . was. . . really, really good."

"Ooh? Details, girl!"

"Well, when he kissed me, he'd-"

But I cut myself off as a loud rustle comes from a near by bush.

Sango's eyes narrow to dangerous slits.

"What the fucking hell are you doing, houshi?!" Inu-Yasha's voice hisses from the shrub. "I turn my back on you for one second and you're gon-!"

"I wanna get some tips!"

". . .WHAT THE FUCK!? You're just trying to take a peak, you perve-!"

"I am not!"

"Right. And Sessho-Maru is the world's biggest human lover. Now, if you don't leave this shitty bush in the next five seconds, I'm gonna strangle you!"

"How can I leave if you won't let go of my throat?! Besides, you're just mad because Kagome-sama was about to spill how good you are when making l-"

"Sh- Shut up! Damn it, shut up!"

The bush shakes again, leaves randomly flying off as Sango and I exchange dry looks.

"Aw, Inu-Yasha's embarrassed!" Miroku's voice mocks.

"I have nothing to be embarrassed about! If I were YOU, THEN I'd be embarrassed!"

"Why?"

"Because you can't do anything right!"

"Says who?!"

"Come on, why else would you have Sango lead you though everything?"

"WHAT?! I do not! I'm proud to say I'm dominate when- Wait, how the hell would you know?!"

"You think I can't hear you guys? You two could practically wake the dead when you get all horny!"

"I- I mean- Hey-!"

"But damn, I'm surprised you were able to get Sango pregnant in the first place, when you have, like, no-"

"Liar!"

"HA! Just admit it!"

"Leave me alone!"

"Then leave *my mate* alone, perv!"

"But-!"

"If you two are DONE," Sango drawls as we stand, causing both male's heads to emerge from the greenery, their hair full of leaves and their faces scratched from the branches. "The scent of testosterone is getting a little too strong for our liking."


"Uh. . ." Miroku stutters stupidly, wiggling against Inu-Yasha's hold on his collar. "I wasn't spying! I- uh- um- This was all his idea!"

"WHAT?! Gods help me, Miroku!" my mate snaps, shaking the monk like a toy doll. "I'm gonna kill yo-!"

But before Inu can finish his threat, Miroku's eyes lock on my abdomen.

Why they were down there in the first place I really don't want to know.

"Kagome-sama. . .? You're pregnant?"

Inu-Yasha stops whamming the monk's head against a near by tree as our eyes lock.

"Um, well. . ." I begin uncertainly.

But it turns out I don't need to reply.

Sango does it for me.

"Yup, she is!" she interrupts cheerfully- - -

Before throwing twin boulders into the men's faces.

"Now, Kagome-chan," the exterminator beams as our males crumple to the ground, their eyes swirling. "You were saying?"

I smile back as we relax in the hot spring and continue our previous conversation.

~*~

^_^

I hope you enjoyed!

I should be updating Nightmare's Memories and posting A Pirate's Life For Me soon!

Please R&R!

Ja ne!

*I follow the manga, and in the manga, Sango's eyes are magenta.