InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Early December ❯ Nineteen ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inu-Yasha I own not, but I just got the `Wind' CD and I LOVE it! XD XD XD

Author's Note: Hello! I'm sorry that, once again, it took me so long to update. I've been insanely busy, and- - - well- - - so many people are mad at me over sad chapters I was sort of stalling. . .

^_^;;; Er- Anyway- - -

One: ~Waht till the villigers think of the wolves and what will the wolves think of the villigers? Also, with that many people to feed wouldn't they have to be careful about the wildlife?~

Well, they're going to be civil to one another. Kag wouldn't let the wolves hurt the villagers or vice versa. As for the wildlife- the wolves will just hunt elsewhere, I suppose.

Two: How old is Shippo?

At the beginning of this fic he's eleven. Now I sort of picture him as twelve, but that's up to you. ^_^

Three: ~You don't like this fic very much do you? -sad.-~

No! That's not it at all! I just have a lot of stuff I need to do for school and stuff, and I like making these chapters longer so they take a while to update!

Four: ~I do wonder when Sesshou-maru will appear again, but I wonder something else, also: Does Sesshou-maru find a mate as well? Or is this fan-fiction focused entirely on Kagome's pregnancy, and, of course, the birth of the child? Just curious.~

Let's see- Sess might appear again. As for his finding a mate, no, he will not in this fic. Yes, this fic is mainly focused on Kag's pregnancy and the pup. Oh, and my little plot, which will further unravel itself this chapter. ^_^


Five: ~If they are neighbors does he (Kouga) get to babysit?~

::Evil smile and laugh::

Six: ~About people saying that you stole Kaguya's name from the movie, you could just say that you took the first part of Kagome's name and around the middle part of Inu-Yasha's name. Kag and uya!~

::blink blink:: Never looked at it that way before. . . ^_^ Very smart on your part! However, no, I didn't take it from the movie or for that reason, I took it because it means `moonlight'. It'll play more into later chapters.

Seven: ~I just noticed that you only had Kagome's friends in it one though. What will their reactions be to Kagome's contition? Also you never mentioned what the villegers think. Can you please add those little parts?~

There won't be much more with Kag's friends. Kagome is too afraid to go back and face them. Maybe I'll have Inu drag her to see them, but I doubt it. As for the villagers- I guess I could add a bit more with them, if you want. ^_^

Eight: ~is there ever a real part in the manga or anime that inu actually DOES purr?~

::laughs:: Well. . . ^_^; Gee, I don't know. . . Yes, you see it in a lot of stories, so. . . Maybe he does in one or two. . . ? Or maybe most people find the idea so irresistibly cute (like myself) that they can't help but use it. ^_~

Nine: ~OOC but funny, i love Kaguya and her miroku-ness. What happened to Kaede? is she dead or just not mentioned? can kagome become a Hanyou, and her kid 2? solves the imortailty thing.~

Who is OOC and how? Kouga? He was just trying to be nice (get on Kag's good side and all). Kaguya can't be out of character- I made her up! As for Kaede- she's just not mentioned yet. She will be. And for Kag being a hanyou- I have my OWN plans, darn it! I don't need yours! ^_~ (Lol- jk)

@_@ Whew! I think that's finally it!

I hope you like this chapter, and please don't kill me. ^_^

~*~

~Chapter Nineteen: Calm Before the Storm ~

~Inu-Yasha's PoV~

Life has been okay for the past week or so. Kaguya's actually acted her age (for the most part), Shippo's enthusiastically attempting to build the pup a cradle (he's not doing too well), Sango's still pink in the cheeks from her night with Miroku (I don't want to know any more than that), the monk previously mentioned is still on cloud nine (must have been a good night), and Kagome seems healthy (so does the pup). Yes, the only real downside to life right now is- - -

"Oi! Kagome!"

I flinch, growl vibrating in the back of my throat as Kag looks up from folding clothes. Aw, MAN!


"Kouga-kun!" she calls cheerfully as the stupid wolf bounds down the hill near the house. He's been coming to visit EVERY FRICKEN DAY since he and his pack moved in `next door'. (Next door is really a few miles away, but with how fast he can run, it's like it's barely ten feet! Damn him- - - !) "How are things?"

"Fine, fine," the idiot replies smoothly, sitting next to my mate and totally ignoring my presence. "Everyone is healing nicely and there's barely been a hint of youkai around here. Maybe they can no longer sense the power they could a while ago. . ."

"Good!" Kag beams, humming happily as she airs out one of Kaguya's dresses.

"Yes, well, that is goo- hey," Kouga blinks, looking confused for a moment. "What- - - what is tha- - - ?" Suddenly his eyes widen in understanding. "O- Oh my- m- my g- g- god- - -!"

? What is he going on about. . . ?

"Idiot wolf- - -?"

His insane snickering makes any more words impossible.

Confused, Kagome and I both look down in her basket.

My cheeks redden.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" the moron guffaws, reaching down and grabbing the article of clothing before I can. "What's that song Kaguya taught me? `I see London I see France- - - ?'"

"Why you- - -!"


"Oh, both of you! Stop being so immature!" my mate snaps, though she's biting her bottom lip in an attempt to keep from smiling. "And give me back Inu-Yasha's- - -!"

"No! I want to keep his panties! I'll show all the big-assed oni! `Look! It's Dog turd's underwear! Don't you love the little hearts?'!!"

"They're from my time," my mate chokes out, the smallest of laughs escaping her. "Leave Inu-chan alone! At least he's not wearing them on his head anymore. . ."

Kouga's eyes widen in interest. "His HEAD?!"

"KAGOME!" I hiss, utterly embarrassed.

"Oh my gods, it was so cute!" Kag coos, snatching the underpants back from Kouga's surprised grasp. "Okay, so this once he was in my time and he was going through my drawers when he found a pair of MY panties-" (The wolf's cheeks redden slight. Grr. . . I shoot him a fiery glare for his thoughts. He smirks back, licking his lips in thought of a scantly clad Kagome. I give him the finger, baring my teeth. He shrugs and goes back to listening to Kag. Luckily for both of us, she didn't notice the exchange) "- And he didn't know what they were then- and so he tried them on as a ha- ha- hahahahaha!" My mate breaks down in uncontrollable giggles, shaking with such mirth as she leans into a snickering Kouga.


"A hat- - -?!" The wolf howls with laughter as Kagome manages to nod. This is evidently too much for him to take in without poking more fun at me. So he crosses his eyes and does a poor imitation of- well, me. "`Look! I shall wear this as a hat!'" He grabs my underwear, once again, from the basket and puts it on his head. "`Wow! It's so fashionable! I think I'll go out like this every day!'"

"Well, don't let us stop you," Miroku blinks, walking into the scene at the wrong time- for Kouga, anyway. "But I should warn you- your pack might laugh a bit."

The wolf freezes, heat rising in his cheeks as Kag puts a hand to her mouth and I feel a smile tug on my lips.

"Aw, don't worry, Kouga-sama!" Kaguya grins smoothly, walking along with her father, basket for berries in her hands. "I find it utterly sexy."

With a rather perverted little wink, the pair walked off towards the woods to pick blueberries.

. . .


"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Kag and I laugh, falling upon one another as we stare at the frozen, panty-adorned wolf demon.

Ah, revenge is sweet. Especially when they bring it upon themselves.

*

Wiping tears of mirth from her eyes, my mate slowly collects herself, taking the underwear from the now irritated oni.

"Anyway, as I was saying," the idiot grumbles, avoiding my eyes as I continue to cackle. "There have been no more demon attacks as of late, but the power is still around- I can sense it. Maybe we should feel more worried then relieved. You know what they say about the calm before a storm."

I blinked.


"What do they say about it?"

What is there to say, after all?


The wolf sits there for a moment, thinking. "Uh. . . That it's calm before a storm?"

. . .


"Oh."

Well, that makes sense.

"And so ends another intelligent conversation between two powerful youkai."

"Shut up, Kagome."

She smiles at me and then frowns slightly. "So you really think there's a chance we might have an oni attack us or something?" Her cheerful mood is slowly ebbing away. I put my arm around her in a gesture of comfort.

. . .

Okay, so I did it to make Kouga jealous, too. Bite me.

"Yes," the wolf frowns, shooting me a cold glare. Ha. Victory!

"Hmm. . ." my mate murmurs in thought, putting the laundry down and pushing it aside. "I wonder what it is that they're sensing. . . ?"

. . .

The idiot looks straight at me. "Come on, dog turd."

. . .

?!

"What?" I gape. "What the hell do you want?"

"We need to talk," he replied coolly, standing up and dusting himself off. "It's important."

"I doubt it."

"I mean it."

Our eyes lock.

. . .

I get to my feet as well, crossing my arms over my torso. "Fine. Lead the way."

"Wha- - -?! Wait- - - !" Kagome cries as we begin to walk away, hand outstretched as if to stop us.

We both turn around, gracing her with calm, grave looks. "Yes?"

"Could you look for some strawberries while you're out in the woods? I'm going to go visit mama and would like some when I get back."

. . .


We both did what Kag would call a `face fault'.

*

"So what's so important?" I ask icily as Kouga and I walk though the woods, baskets in hand as we hunt around for Kagome's fruit. "You certainly weren't ACTING like anything was all that urgent when you were making fun of- - - "

"Kagome's in danger."

. . .

I whip around to face him, eyes narrowed and fingers flexing. "What?!"

"She's in danger," the wolf repeats calmly, straightening up and scanning the area for strawberries. "She and your whelp both."

I choke slightly, horrified. What?! How- - -? Why?

"You better not be making this up," I snarl, baring my teeth. The idiot doesn't seem the least bit intimidated as he turns to face me.

"Why would I?! I know how much I care for my w- er- Kagome," he replies sincerely. He knows I caught his slip of the tongue, and only frowns as my eyes flash. "Getting mad at me isn't going to help."

"I beg to differ," I snarl.

"Finally, acting like the dog you are!" he taunts smugly. "All right then-Beg!"

"Grrr- - -Just tell me what's up!"

"All right, all right," the moron sighs, stretching his arms in mild disappointment. "You know that power I was talking about?"

"Yeah."

"Remember when I said it started to make its presence known?"

"Yeah. . ."

I don't see how this is getting us anywhere.

"Put two and two together."

. . .

. . .

. . .


Kouga clips me over the head with a claw, irritated. "The PUP you moron! THE PUP!"

"Oww!" I snap. "I got it! There's no need to- - - -"

!!!

"The pup?!"

"YES!" the wolf cries in utter exasperation. "GODS! They were right! You can't teach an old do- - -!"

"SHUT UP AND EXPLAIN!" I cut him off, grabbing his neck and slamming him against a tree. A few dozen green leaves fall down around us as I do so, blanketing the ground.

I know that won't help the situation at all, but damn, it felt good!

Kouga's eyes narrow. "I talked to your brother- - "


"Half brother," I automatically correct.

"Whatever! Your HALF brother when my pack and I first felt that power. We were following it when we ran into Sessho-Maru. He told us to go away, to leave. It was only when we were that I realized we were heading towards your village. We tried to approach again, later that month, but he appeared once more and made us scatter."

"So?!"

"SO he was obviously trying to protect something!"

. . . ?

"Continue."

"Well, we eventually gave up trying to get past him and just forgot about the power for a while. But we did notice it kept getting stronger as the months past, and that the feel of it was. . . familiar. . ."

My brow furrows as I slowly release my grasp on the imbecile, letting him slide down the bark of the tree. "What do you mean, `familiar'?!"

"I mean- - -"

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!"

We both freeze.

That- - -That's- - -

Kagome- - - !

"It's coming from the bone eater's well!" I bark, bolting off. "Come on, moron! You've still got explaining to do!"

*

I can sense it.


It's big.

It's disgusting.

It's long.


It's - - - alive again?!

"Inu-Yasha!" Kagome half cries, half screams as she slowly backs away from the time portal. "Help- - - !" She seems to be afraid to run, afraid to alert the demon to her presence.

"I must have it. . ." a long forgotten voice hisses from the depths of the black hole. The sound of clattering bones accompanies the feminine voice as the creeping of growing flesh echoes off the wooden walls. "I must. . ."

She can't be still alive- - -? I know I already- - - !

"Kagome," I whisper, trying to remain unheard by the oni in the well as I rush the last few yards to her. "Don't move- - - !"

She doesn't. I don't think she can anymore. All she can do is tremble on the ground; where she must have fallen backwards in shock.

Now, if we can both just be quiet, we might be able to get out of here before the youkai noti- - -

"Oi! Kagome!"

. . .

"I MUST HAVE IT!" the voice screams as a large centipede shoots out of the portal, like a cork from a bottle. Her many hands flex as her teeth gnash- her eyes scanning the area for the item she desires.


STUPID WOLF!

"Kagome!" I cried, bolting towards my mate as fast as I can, scooping her off the ground as the resurrected Mistress Centipede lunges towards her. We barely make it into the air as the forest floor seemingly explodes; sending large chunks of dirt and grass into the air. The insect demon snarls, looking up at us as we land a short distance away, my arms tightly wrapped around Kag.

"Wha- what is going on. . . ?!" my confused mate chokes out, her face a pale white. "Sh- She's been dea- dead for years- - -!"

"No time to worry about that," I reply calmly, though inside I'm wondering the exact same thing. "We'll just defeat her again."

"What're you two doing, just sitting there?!" Kouga calls, rushing towards the thundering youkai. "Just kill the stupid thing! Here, I'll show you ho- - -!"

But before he can finish his sentence, the centipede whips her tail-like back end around, sending the wolf flying into a nearby tree with a loud *SMASH!*.

. . .

If that was showing us how to correctly slay a demon, I think I'd rather slay it incorrectly. But no time for thoughts like that now- my mate's safety is all that matters!

"I want you to run back to Sango and Miroku's hut and tell them about Mistress," I whisper to Kag, slowly helping her to her feet. "Go as fast as you can. I'll have her dead before then, but they still need to know. Okay?"

"Right," my mate replies shakily, swallowing hard as I lunge towards the furious oni. With that, Kagome turns and begins to race towards the hut.

"No!" the centipede monster cries, slithering after her. "I MUST have it!"

"Yeah, you must!" I cry, leaping in front of her. "And I'll let you- let you have it, that is! Iron Reaper S- - -!"

But before I can finish, Kouga comes bounding out from the remains of the tree, directly in the line of assault.

Shit!

"Kouga, you idiot!" I cry. "GET OUT OF THE WA- - -!"

WHAM!

I feel the sharp little legs of the large youkai slam into my sides, knocking the wind out of me as I fall to the ground with a *THUMP*.

Ow.

Pushing back the rather uncomfortable twinge (all right, BURN) of pain now enveloping my chest, I look up- - -

Just in time to see Mistress Centipede closing in on Kagome, her teeth bared and lengthening into sharp daggers.

My heart stopped as Kouga seemed to freeze in shock.

N- - - !


Kag's head whipped around, registering what was about to happen seconds before it did.

Kagome. . . !


The next thing we all knew, my mate was flying through the air, eyes half-lidded as a deep gash on her side spewed dark red blood. The youkai grinned eagerly, licking her lips as something small and round tumbled from Kagome's body. Yet I didn't register this- only the fact that my mate and the pup were hurt- - - -

Perhaps dying.

"No. . .

KAGOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

~*~

::dodges angry reviewers:: I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY! I'll update ASAP, I swear- and a fluffy chapter is coming up! Don't kill me- - -! ::sobs::

Please R&R!

Ja ne!