InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Early December ❯ Eighteen ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Me own not. That you know.

Author's Note: ******(MULTIPLY REPEATED QUESTION/STATEMENT!!!!) Seven: Kaguya already exists in Inu-Yasha.

Yes, I know, we've discussed this many times. Kaguya is a character in the second movie- she is also the bad guy. I did NOT do this on purpose. She is NOT the bad guy. I MADE KAGUYA (the child) UP.

Enjoy! XD (And forgive me for the amount of time it took me to update. Excuse are at the bottom.)

~Chapter Eighteen: Neighbors~

~Kagome's PoV~

"Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to meeeeeeeee!" Kaguya squeals loudly, throwing daisy petals into the bright August sky. "Happy birthday dear. . . uh. . .

. . .

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, happy birthday to me!"

"Yes, yes, it's you're birthday," Sango laughs, picking up her daughter and twirling her around. "But could you keep it down a bit? Everyone else wants to sleep in past 7."

"Don't bother trying to silence her," Inu-Yasha sighs, stepping out of the hut and stretching lazily. "She's already woken up the whole damn village."

"Unccy Inu!" the child chirps, leaping out of her mother's arms and into Inu-chan's. "Guess what? It's my birthday!"

"You don't say, runt," he drawls, a wry smile tugging on his lips as he throws the girl easily over his shoulder, walking over to me. "I would never have known."

"And guess what else!" she giggles, swaying back and forth while hanging upside down. "I'm five whole years old!"

"Congratulations," he smirks, kissing me on the cheek as he passes. His smile widens as I bite back a giggle. "You're practically an old maid."

Kaguya claps her hands and laughs. "You're so funny, Unncy Inu!"

"I know. And I'm intelligent, strong, and handsome too."

"I think you forgot `modest'," Sango calls `helpfully', sarcasm all but dripping from her lips.

"Oh yeah! I'm modest, too."

The hanging child giggles again as her mother rolls her eyes and Inu-Yasha smiles.

Aww. . . What a cute moment! Just the kind you want to catch on film.

Good thing I was smart enough to pack a camera.

Discreetly pulling the disposable white box from my pocket, I take a picture with a semi-quite `SNAP!'; putting the camera back in my pocket before my mate can see the UFO- `unidentified flashing object'.

Still, he doesn't miss it completely.

"What was that?" Inu frowns slightly, eyebrow cocked questioningly as he glances at me from over his shoulder.


"No idea, Inu-chan," I tell him easily, innocently sweeping the porch as Kaguya continues to prattle.

"Yup! I'm five! And you know what? That means I'm almost six which means I'm almost seven which means I'm almost eight which means I'm almost nine which means I'm almost ten which means I'm almost eleven which means I'm almost twelve which means I'm almost thirteen which means I'm almost fourteen which means I'm almost old enough to get married!"

"No kidding."

"Speaking of marriage, where is Shippo-chan?" the girl questions, trying to blink up at her uncle but finding it rather difficult while swinging upside down and all.

. . .

I'm not even going to bother asking how those two subjects tie together.

"Over here, Kaguya-chan," the kitsune calls from atop the nearby hill, arms full of daisies and his face wide with a smile. "Happy birthday!

?

Am I imagining it or. . .

Is that a blush on Kaguya's face. . . ?

No, it must be the blood rushing to her head.

"Shippo-chan!" she squeaks, squirming out of Inu-Yasha's grasp and toppling to the ground with a loud thump.

"Kaguya-chan!" the exterminator gasps. "Are you- - - ?!"

"I'm okay!"

She moved slightly.

". . .

Ow."

Shrugging it off and getting to her feet so quickly it's almost like she hadn't fallen at all, she rushes over to the fox-demon's side.

"These are for you," Shippo grins as she reaches him, dumping the flowers unceremoniously over her heads.

!

But sudden gust of wind makes them dance; swirl around her like a summertime snowstorm. Kaguya's eyes widening in delight.

The male teen laughs as he flicks his wrist; the flowers forming a delicate crown and falling upon the child's head, contrasting her ebony pigtails.

I feel an unsuppressable surge of motherly pride as I watch Shippo perform his entertaining tricks. His magic has gotten much stronger over the years. . .

"Thank you, Shippo-chan!" the girl gasps, flinging her arms around the boy and hugging his middle tightly. "This is my absolute favorite gift in the whole wide world!"

"We haven't even given you anything yet!" Inu calls back, slightly indigent.

The kitsune smiles and returns the embrace- - -

When a small frown suddenly creases his face. Reaching around his back, he automatically whaps- what is presumably- the girl's hand.

"Kaguya-chan. . ." he warns sternly.

She laughs nervously, looking up at the boy with wide, honest eyes. "Oops! My hands must have slipped. Sowwy. . . "

Rolling his emerald orbs, the kitsune throws the child over his shoulder- much like Inu-Yasha had done moments before- and walks back towards the hut with her, smiling and greeting my mate and I as he goes.

"Hiya mama, dad."

"Morning Shippo-chan!" I beam, leaning lightly against my broom.

Sango blinks up at the kit. "Where's Miroku? I thought he was with you."

"Isn't he here?" the boy replies slowly, brow creasing. "He told me he was coming back."

The exterminator frowns, looking slightly worried.

"Don't fret, Sango," Inu-Yasha murmurs, taking a sniff of the air. "I can smell him close by." His face contorts in thought, as if he thinks he smells something else but is not quite sure. I want to know what's the matter, but I keep quiet.

"Oh, good!" the magenta-eyed woman sighs, looking rather relieved. Then she turns to the Shippo. "Why didn't you say you smelt him, Shippo-chan? You made me worried!"

"I didn't say I couldn't," the kitsune grumbles softly. "I just said he told me he was coming back!"

"Well, I- - - !"

"Let's not fight," I interrupt smoothly. "We've got too much to do! Sango-chan, is the cake done?"

"I'd say it is," Inu, drawls, taking another whiff of the air. "And, might I add, I hope you like things burnt."

. . .


"Oh gods!" the exterminator gasps as my hanyou's words sink in. She seems to just now be remembering the pastry we'd put into the fire a little while ago- right after Kaguya had awoken everyone at the break of dawn. "The cake!"

She races back into the hut, closely followed by two curious children.

"Don't worry!" Inu-Yasha calls consolingly after them. "I've heard a little charcoal is good in your diet!" I whap him gently on the shoulder as he snickers.

"You're terrible!" I smile, my reprimand having absolutely no effect on the chuckling half-demon.

"I am n- - - !"

But before he can finish his retort, his face contorts seriously, eyes darkening.

?

"Inu-chan?" I venture softly, unsure if I should talk when he looks like this. "Inu-chan? Are you oka- - -?"

"I'm not terrible," he snarls, eyes snapping towards the near-by woods. "But I can sure smell someone with that quality!"

*

Frowning slightly, I hold tightly to Inu's hand as we walk (in other words, my mate stalks and I follow) through the trees, listening intently.

"What's going on?" I question silently, blinking in confusion.

"Shh," he murmurs, eyes narrowing. "If we're not quiet, he'll hear us."

. . . ?

He- - -?

"Monk," a familiar voice growls as we get closer to the edge of the forest, almost entering the clearing we've neared. "Why the hell are you forcing me to stay here?!"

"Well, if you want my help," Miroku's voice casually replies as something that sounds like a chest clicks open, "then you'll have to follow my instructions, won't you? And I'm instructing you to remain. Don't go any closer to the hut by the village."

"And why not?!"

"You know why not."

"But that's where my WOMAN is!"

"Okay, maybe you DON'T know why not. . ." Miorku scoffs quietly. "Moron. . ."

"What was that?!"

"Nothing!" the monl chirps in a sing song voice, the sound of medicinal gauze being torn filling the air. "You were saying?"

"I was COMPLAINING! When will you let me go see her?!"

A sigh.

"You've really got to give up on Kagome-sama. . ."

"Why?! She's my woman, damn it!"

"Have you even gotten a good sniff of her scent, lately? You should. That might tell you something rather importan- - -"

*BONK!*

"You haven't let me get CLOSE enough to smell her!"

"Granted. . ." Miroku sighs again, undoubtedly rubbing his head. "But like I said- if you want my assistance and advice for your clans problems as of late, you need to follow my directions. So stay here and leave Kagome-sama alone."

"Grrr. . ."

"Don't take that tone with me, Kouga."

I'm just about frozen in my spot by now. Kouga-kun?! What is he doing here? Gently chewing my lip in thought, I barely notice Inu-Yasha's antics- the fact that he's just about bored a hole through one of the many trees with his heated glares; the fact that his lip is almost bleeding from having to bite it so hard against snarls- - -

But I do note the way his hand tightens around mine.

Still. . .

Kouga-kun. . . ?

What is he doing here?

Why is he talking with Miroku?

And why hasn't he picked up on our scent?

. . .

My last question is answered as a sudden gust of wind pushes against our backs.

Ahh. . .

We were downwind before.

Well, we don't seem to be any longer.

. . .

Uh oh.

"Huh?! Kagome?" Kouga's voice barks in surprise. "She's close!" He seems to turn abruptly, judging by the way the grass rustles. "How did she get here without my noticing? I'm gonna go see her!"


"Erk- - - ! Kouga- - - ! You might want to wai- - -!"

But the monk cuts himself off as an all too recognizable youkai comes crashing through the brush, stopping as he reaches Inu and I. His eyes brush quickly over me before landing on Inu-chan.

"Dog turd!" he roars, eyes cold, "What the hell- - - are you- - doing with- . . with my. . . wo. . . man. . . uh. . . Kagome?"

He turns to look back at me, blue orbs wide in shock as his brain picks up on something.

. . .

Definitely `uh oh'.

"MUTT FACE!" the wolf snarls, racing forward with such speed that he's barely more than a blur. Slamming Inu-Yasha up against a tree with a BANG, he bares his sharp teeth. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY WOMAN?! She stinks of YOU!"

"Kouga-kun!" I gasp. "Let him go!"

Both men ignore me.

Ironic, considering I'm the reason they're fighting. . .


"She's MY mate, mangy wolf!" my hanyou snaps back, clawing against the demon's fist. "SO STOP CALLING HER `YOUR WOMAN'!"

"BUT SHE *IS* MY WOMAN!"

"THIS DENIAL STAGE IS GETTING VERY OLD VERY FAST, IDIOT!"

As the two argue, Miroku walks casually out from the clearing, nonchalantly brushing off his clothes. Barely wincing as the earth trembles and the `melodic' tones of the two young men shake the trees, he makes his way cheerfully over to me.

"Ah, Kagome-sama. Everything all right?"

I grace him with a dry glance as my eyes fall upon the brawling oni.

"Of course. Everything's. . . peachy."

"YOU FORCED HER INTO THIS, DIDN'T YOU?!"

"OF COURSE I DIDN'T! THAT'S SOMETHING *YOU* WOULD DO, WOLF!"

"I NEVER- - - !"

"HA! AND YOU NEVER WILL `CAUSE SHE'S MINE!"

*THONK!!!!!*

"Well, then," the monk smiles, standing over the two unconscious males, staff still poised over their swirly-eyed, lump-adorned heads. "Shall we get back? Don't want to miss Kaguya's birthday party!"

. . .

Peachy.

*

"Birthday! It's my birthday! I get presents!" Kaguya sings, dancing around Kouga, Inu, Miroku, Sango and I as we sit in a circle, serious looks upon our faces.

"So what's going on, Kouga-kun?" I question, passing around chipped cups of tea. "What are you doing in these parts?"

The wolf prince looks solemnly in my direction- though the effect of the stare is sorta ruined by the way Kaguya is braiding daisies into his hair; fixing one of the shiny party hats I brought back from my time on his head. "As of late, the youkai in these parts have become. . . reckless, I suppose. They've been destroying everything and everyone in their path. I wouldn't be so worried if it was just one demon or just one family clan- but it seems to be more than that. And. . . they all seem to be looking for something. From the other oni I've talked to, they seem to be on the hunt for. . . I dunno. But whatever the case is, they just demolished my clan's den looking for that `something'. Ergo, we've been looking for a new place to live and a reason for their actions."

"But what could those youkai be looking for?" Sango frowns slightly, tapping a finger to her chin as her daughter doodles on Kouga's face with a marker from her coloring book set. "You don't have anything of value, do you?"

"No. Not even the shards in my legs- they were combined with the rest of the Jewel just before it vanished," the blue-eyed man sighs. "Like I said- I really don't know. But. . .

But I can sense growing power in this area. It's been getting stronger over the past five months or so. Still. . ." He averts his gaze, looking rather thoughtfully towards the sky. "It's a mystery.

In fact. . .

Just as much of a mystery as what the hell is going on here!" he snaps, turning to glare at my love and I. "You're MY mate, Kagome!"

Oh, here we go again. . .


"She is NOT!" Inu-Yasha snarls, grabbing me and hugging me protectively to his chest.

- - - Can't- - - Breathe- - - !

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Birthday, birthday! La la la la la!"

"NOT!"

"TOO!"

- - -In - - - Out- - - Can't- - - !

"NOT!"

"TOO!"

"I'm turning five! Five-live-dive-hive- FIIIIIIIVE! Birthday, birthday!"

"NOT!!!"

"TOO!!!"

"I'm the birthday gi- - -!"

"SHUT UP!" I scream, ripping myself away from Inu and making everyone fall automatically silent.

. . .

Ah. . .

That felt good.

"But it's my birthday!" Kaguya pouts, crossing her arms and leaning against Kirara.

"We know," Kouga glares. "Shut up."

"Leave her out of this!"

"Why should I?!"

"If you don't, I'll exterminate you!"

"Did I mention it's my birthday?"


"I was talking to dog turd, woman!"

"Don't you DARE talk back to my wife or my daughter!"

"It is. My birthday I mean."


"Shut up! I thought you sucked wind- not blew hot air!"

"Why you- - - !"

"People! Er- Demons! Er- Oh, whatever the hell we all are!" I cry exasperatedly, irritation very quickly building up inside me as my eyes flash. "LET'S JUST TALK THIS THROUGH LIKE THE RESPONSIBLE ADULTS WE ARE, DAMN IT!"

Silence.

"Okay," they all squeak, ashen faced as I leer over them; almost-visible anime-fire dancing being me.

Well, fearful listening is better then no one listening at all.

*

"So, Kouga-kun," I recap. "You and your comrades are looking for a new home `cause those rampaging youkai attacked you and destroyed your den."

"Right."

"And you called upon Miroku because- - - ?"

"I have injured pack members. They're still resting in the clearing."

"Okay. Miroku, you were helping them because you wanted to know what was going on?"

"Yes. I've been sensing something for a while now."

"Hm. Sango, you saved the cake?"

"Yep."

"And Kaguya, yes, it's your birthday."

"Yup!"

"I think that's everything, then," I smile tiredly, falling back onto my mate's lap. "See? We were able to sort through that without an argument. . ."

My voice trails off as I notice the white hot stares being exchanged by the wolf prince and my hanyou.

I guess I spoke too soon, huh?

"But I suppose that's not the real issue, is it?" I hang my head in defeat, feeling really, really tired.

. . .

And really, really hungry.

. . .

Carmel covered sushi sounds good right about now. . .

. . .

Oh, I'll deal with cravings later.

I've got something more important to do at the moment.

Getting slowly to my feet, automatically helped by my mate- who smiles smugly at the growling Kouga- I dust off my dress and- - -

Walk over to the wolf.

"Come on," I grin, trying my best not to make it look half-hearted. "Let's go for a walk."

. . .


"WHAT- - - ?!" Inu-Yasha yelps, getting to his feet. "NO WA- - -!"

"Inu-chan- - -

Sit."

*THUD*

"Quick," I urge Kouga, taking his hand and tugging him towards the wooded path; hoping to get away before the spell wears off. I love my mate, but this will be easier without him.

"Ha ha, Dog Tu- - -!" the wolf prince begins to taunt, but I cut him off with a single serious statement:

"Voice another syllable and I'll get a necklace for you, too."

He quiets himself.

Better.

*

The cool green leaves of the forest shade us from the scorching, white-hot sun as we make out way down the dusty dirt path, listening to the song of the birds. A soft breeze dances through as a rabbit hops before us, stopping momentarily to wiggle his nose. Sunlight plays off the surface of a bubbling creek as small pink flowers perfume the air with a gentle fragrance.

Coming to an old fallen long near the brook, I sit down with an exhausted sigh; resisting the urge to kick off my toe-pinching shoes.

I look up at the male accompanying me, but he doesn't reply- he doesn't even sit down. He simply stands there, glancing at me for a moment, looking away, and then glancing back again.

I sigh once more (which I seem to be doing a lot lately), only this time for a different reason.

"What's wrong, Kouga-kun?" I ask gently, leaning back against my hands and cocking my head.

Judging by the look he's giving me, that might not have been the best way to start conversation.

"What's WRONG?" he repeats in utter disbelief, finally turning so we can stare eye to eye. "WRONG?! Everything! What were you DOING mating yourself with Inu-Yasha?! I dunno about DOGS, but most youkai mate for LIFE! You're stuck with HIM! And for Kami-sama's sake- you're carrying HIS mangy pup! This is ALL wrong! Gods- Could anyone possibly think it's RIGHT?!"

. . .


"Sure," I reply softly, slightly hurt. "I could."

He falters for a moment before crossing his arms and glaring into the dense trees. "Khm."

"I'm sorry you had to find out like this, Kouga-kun," I whisper, eyes falling to my feet. "But you would have found out sometime. Better sooner than later, I guess."

"There would have been nothing to `find out' if you just hadn't mated with him in the first place!"

"But I did."

"WHY DID YOU?! You said you'd be mine!"

"When did I ever say that?" I inquire, arching an eyebrow questioningly as clenches and unclenches his fists.

. . .

"I thought so."

He grumbles incoherently for a moment, though his words sound quite a big like swear words. Finally, he's able to mutter something understandable: "But why?"

. . .

What I meant by that, of course, was that it's understandable to the ear.


"Why what?" I blink.

"Why did you want to mate him?! Why did you want to have his kid?!" the demon barks, eyes almost green with jealous anger. "He's just a hanyou!"

"I love him."

. . .

. . .

. . .

"And. . .

And you don't love me. . . ?"

My eyes widen slightly.


The heart-breaking tone of his voice makes me want to cry- - - ! He sounds so sad- so alone- so. . . betrayed.

I quietly hop off the log and step over to Kouga, noticing the way he winces as I reach out to gently touch his face.

"I *do* love you, Kouga," I tell him firmly, turning his cheek gingerly with a hand. "I just. . . don't love you like I love Inu-chan. I love you as a friend, and I love him as a- - -"

"As a mate," the youkai finishes softly.

"Yes."

. . .

"It's always been that way, hasn't it?"

I nod, trying to swallow the lump that's suddenly materialized in my throat.

. . .

"Well," the wolf prince says somewhat briskly, forcing a small smile as he clears his throat. "I guess. . . that ends that."

". . . Kouga. . ." I murmur, tears collecting in the corners of my eyes. I can see the hurt in his icy blue orbs. . . It hurts me. . .

"Hey, now, don't cry," he chuckles, brushing his fingers over my cheek. "No need for that. . ."

"I hope we can still be friends?" I ask timidly, trying my best to force the tears away. "Please?"

He turns his back to me, looking towards the heavens; not saying anything for a moment. Then:

"Of course we can."

And he truly grins, looking at me from over his shoulder. "I'm gonna go back to the pack now. But I'll see you around, `kay? Need to make sure Dog Turd's treatin' you and your whelp all right, after all."

I giggle slightly, beaming in return. "I look forward to seeing you. I hope we can all be neighbors."

The demon nods once, smiles one more time, and then races off, waving good-bye.

"See ya `round, Kagome!"

Slightly confused by his sudden departure, I can only blink for a moment- - -

And then I feel a warm hand fall upon my shoulder, startling me out of my thoughts.

"Well. At least he gets it, now that you've spelt it out for him."

Inu-Yasha- - - !

As I turn around to stare in surprise up at my mate, he grins roguishly. "Maybe he's only a semi-stupid wolf."

"Were you listening the whole time. . . ?" I ask suspiciously, eyes narrowing slightly as I put my hands on my hips.

His smile only widens. "Maaaaaaaaaaybe."


Rolling my eyes, I link our hands; resting my head against his shoulder. "You're so rude, Inu-chan. I should `s'-word you for eavesdropping."

"I wasn't evesdropping- I've just got good hearing!"

"SSSSSSSSIIIIIII. . ." I begin slowly, grinning at the way he instantly tenses.. Noticing that I have yet to finish the word, he relaxes slightly.

"Go right ahead," he shrugs. "But you and the pup are coming down with me." He tightens his grasp on my hand.

I know he's only kidding and smile at the `threat' before finishing my own- - -

"SIIIIII- - -incinnati*!"

His automatically shut eyes open as I laugh.

"You're evil."

"You're cute!"

"No I'm not!" he insists.

This only makes me laugh harder. Shaking with mirth and barley able to regain my breath, I can only grin widely as I feel him bury his nose in my hair.

I love it when he does that.

Wonder why he does, though. . .?

Ah well.

"Awuntie Kagoooooooooooooome!" Kaguya cries happily as my mate and I emerge from the woods; Inu smiling and I giggling. "We get CAKE!"

*

"That was surprisingly good," Miroku comments lightly as we sit around the campfire later that night. Everyone nods, looking slightly overstuffed- - -

As I slurp down my fifth bowl of strawberry covered beef ramen.

It's not caramel covered sushi, but it'll do.

"I told you guys- a little charcoal in your diet is good for you," Inu says wisely, dodging the empty cake pan Sango throws in his direction.

"You two are so mean!" the exterminator glares as her daughter chats with her new dolly, oblivious to the cares and concerns of reality. "I try my best to make an unfamiliar recipe and all you can do is poke fun at me for it!"

"Aww, you know that when I tease you I mean it with all the love in my heart," Miroku murmurs soothingly, putting his arm around his wife's shoulder. "All my love and then some."

Sango rolls her eyes, unmoved. However, it does come to the point where she has to fight to keep her angry look- - - and that point is when the monk begins tickling her, murmuring words which I can't hear into the flesh of her neck; kissing her teasingly.

`Course, I think it's probably a good thing that I can't hear what he's saying on account of the look of disgust slowly forming on Inu-chan's face.

"Please, you two," the hanyou chokes, wrinkling his nose as Sango blushes and captures her husbands lips, cutting off his sweet nothings. "Get a room or something."

I notice Kaguya glances up from her doll; a smirk slowly forming on her face. Giggling quietly, she mouths something to the toy in her arms- something along the lines of `Mama and Daddy are gettin' it on!'

"Shall we, then?" Miroku grins chivalrously, making the exterminator's blush deepen in shade.

"N-N- No, Houshi-sama!"

Ah, she's REALLY embarrassed now. . .

"Yeah! Go mama, go!" her daughter urges, winking innocently as her mother splutters slightly.

"Go on," I smile. "Have fun." I know she wants to.

But. . .

Perhaps `have fun' wasn't the best thing to say. . .


Grinning widely, the monk pulls his weakly protesting wife away, past the hut and towards the woods.

. . .

"My my, quite the animals they're turning into," Inu-Yasha murmurs casually, examining his nails as Shippo- who's eating the last remaining piece of cake- tries not to gag at the scene- and the mental pictures he's obviously receiving.

(Speaking of pictures, I just finished filling my disposable camera. I should probably take it back to my time soon to have them devel- - -

?)

"As much as I hate to say it, I agree with Dog Turd."

!

Everyone looks up in surprise as Kouga emerges from the path, a small box in his hands.

"Kouga-kun!" I smile, genuinely happy to see him. "What's going on?"

"Just stopped by to give this runt a birthday gift," he grunts, casually throwing the box towards Kaguya, who catches it on instinct. The girl gasps over dramatically, eyes twinkling as she looks up at the demon prince.

"Why, Kouga-sama!" she coos. "How did you ever know it was my birthday?"

"Oh, I don't know," he drawls dryly. "Call it a lucky guess."

"Amazing, Kouga-sama!" Beaming, she slowly opens the tiny box, careful not to damage the gift inside.

. . .

At the speed she's going, it could take a while to see what could possibly be inside. In fact, it might be fossilized before then. . .

"So, Kagome," the wolf claps his hands as the girl gingerly unwrapped her present, "I thought I'd tell you since I'm here- the pack found a cave near by- just past the stream."

"So?" Inu mutters, half to himself, half to the demon before him; a bored look on his face.

"So it looks like we *will* be neighbors!"

. . .

"Really?! Yea!"


Inu-Yasha's look darkens. "WHAT?!"

"Won't this be great, Dog Turd?" Kouga smirks.

"NO!"

"Wow, Kouga-sama!"

All attention flies back to Kaguya as she eagerly clips a delicate wooden hair-stick into her black locks, making sure the crescent moon design on top can be easily seen over her head. Racing forward, she grabs the demons hand's, violet eyes wide and full of adoration.

"In exchange for such a magnificent gift," she says smoothly, "Would you please do me the honor of allowing me to bear your child?"

. . .

. . .

. . .

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Kouga gapes, stumbling away from the child. "WHAT SORT OF KID ARE YOUR FRIENDS *RAISING*?!"

"The Miroku sort," I smile nervously, watching in half-amusement as Kaguya chases the frightened wolf demon around the campfire.

"Please, Kouga-sama?" she cries. "I can get Sessho-Maru sama too, if you like! We could all have fun!"


"No! NO, YOU SICK CHILD!"

"Maybe Shippo, too, then? You know, an orgy? Please?"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

"But it's my *birthday*!"

"You know," Inu-Yasha suddenly smiles, wrapping his arm around my waist as he watches his rival flee the little girl, "I take it back. Having Kouga as a neighbor might not be *so* bad after all. . ."

~*~

I'm sorry this chapter took so long to get out- apart from everything else I'm busy with (you wouldn't believe the load of stuff I've got ::sigh::) I've been spending most of my writing time on Fragment of Eternity. If you're not reading it now and you get the chance- will you please look at it? I'm really proud of it so far and a lot of people seem to be avoiding it `cause it's another romance drama from me. ::sigh:: -_-

So if you could read it, please. . . ? I'd love you forever! (Of course, I'll still love you if you don't. ^_~)

Oh! And before I forget- if you reviewed or e-mailed me with a request for me to read a story- I'm so, so sorry I haven't gotten around to it. You see, a few days ago my e-mail service `helped' me by dumping EVERY SINGLE E-MAIL I HAD SAVED OVER THE PAST YEAR into a HUGE melting pot of e-mails. EVERY SINGLE ONE. So I have (and I am NOT kidding) over 100,000 e-mails to sort through- many of which are jumbled reviews/reviewer e-mails. -_-; ::sigh:: Gomen. . .

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter! ^_^ ::hugs and kisses::

Please R&R!

Ja ne! ^_^_^_^_^

*It's really spelt `Cincinnati' but the sound is the same,