InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Expect the Unexpected ❯ Admission ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Inuyasha…is this really necessary?



Chapter Fifteen: Admission

Inuyasha listened to the crashing through the forest that signalled Kagome’s advance on the go-shinboku. He had no idea why he always ran to this stupid tree. It was so obvious. She always found him. He hadn’t meant to come to this damned tree…he’d just found himself there without realizing it. The tumultuous progression of a young girl, loud to his ears at least, made the mighty hanyou feel weaker than any demon ever had. The crashing stopped, just as it reached its loudest. Shit. She was there. Inuyasha turned and found himself facing the one thing that constantly defeated him. The girl he loved.

He couldn’t bear to look her in the face, but he couldn’t turn his eyes from her magnificence. He blinked his golden eyes, trying to accustom them to the light she seemed to give off, but he couldn’t. She burned his eyes so that he had to look away, unable to bear her radiant beauty. Inuyasha knew that she wasn’t really shining, but to him, she seemed always to glow unnaturally. So he turned his eyes to the ground, finding safer things to focus on. Dirt. A few rocks. Some leaves. As long as they didn’t sear into his brain like her face, they were good enough for him.

He tried to make his voice sharp, but it came out a rasping croak. “What do you want? What are you doing here?”

Kagome arched an eyebrow. Inuyasha could almost feel her laughing at him, delighting his utter discomfort. Her voice came out falteringly though, and Inuyasha looked up in surprise, briefly meeting her eyes. “I-Inu…Yasha…“ There was uncertainty there, and anxiousness. His eyes flew back to their study of the ground. Unseen, hers did the same, as she tried to find words and the strength to voice them.

Inuyasha sighed and straightened, determined to keep his pride intact. “Listen Kagome, I don’t know what that monk told you, but it isn’t like that.”

To Inuyasha’s surprise, Kagome’s face fell. “Oh…I thought…”

Disbelief coloured his voice. “Do you mean that you actually wanted that? You…you…Really?”

Kagome blushed slightly. “Inuyasha, don’t you know by now? I love you. Of course I want to be with you. Sango and Miroku are finally together. I had hoped that we could be too.”

Inuyasha blinked. Something was wrong. They weren’t communicating properly here. “Um, Kagome…What Miroku was talking about…Well, Sango and Miroku are together…but well…they’re you know…”

Kagome looked at him, bewildered. “What do you…” Inuyasha could actually see it dawn on her. Her face brightened briefly, then burned brilliantly with a red blush. “They’re doing that?

That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you! They’re already working on little lechers, probably as we speak!” Inuyasha grew pale as a terrible image came to him, intensified by his actual memories. “Ahhh! They shouldn’t be allowed to do that where just anyone could walk in on them!”

Kagome laughed, cheeks still flushed. “Oh, poor Inuyasha. So that is what you walked in on! How terrible!”

The hanyou blushed, and anger heated his voice. “I don’t find it funny, Kagome. You try surviving that sight! I never want to see Miroku again!”

Kagome stopped laughing and spoke without thought. “I don’t want to see Miroku that way. I only want to see you that…” Kagome stopped, realizing what she was saying, and blushed more brightly than Inuyasha thought possible.

He looked at her suspiciously. What had she been saying? She wanted to see him…What! Inuyasha actually stumbled back, nearly falling on his back. “You mean…you and me…?”

Kagome’s blush couldn’t get any brighter, but now it spread, racing down her neck and heating her entire face. “I…Well, I…I mean…Eventually, we might…I can’t say it!” Kagome buried her face in her hands.

Inuyasha stepped to her and put his arms around her, bringing her against his chest. He stroked her hair soothingly and bent his head down to her ear to whisper. “Don’t worry Kagome. Don’t be embarrassed. I want you. When the time comes, there will be as many little Kagomes as you want. But for now, just holding you is all I can ever ask. We don’t have to hurry. Unlike Miroku, I don’t feel the need for an heir.“ He paused and growled softly. “And I’m not a damned lecher either. For now, just having you is more than I could need. I…I love you Kagome. And I want to be with you forever. I want you to be mine Kagome, because I am already yours.”

Kagome pulled her face from his chest and stared into his deep golden eyes, tears shining in her own. Inuyasha smiled at her, and wiped the tears from her cheeks tenderly. Her voice quavered, full of emotion. “Do you really mean it?”

Yes, Kagome. I love you more than anything else in the world. Everything is finally over…I can be with you now. I can finally give myself to you completely.”

Inuyasha leaned forward and brushed his lips against Kagome’s. The kiss lengthened, lasting longer then either had intended, but neither wished to break it. There was a sigh when they finally did, and neither was sure which made it. They gazed at each other, enraptured.

Kagome smiled mischievously. “Will there be more of those, Inuyasha?”

Inuyasha grinned arrogantly. “Oh, there’ll be lots better.”

She made a face of mock disbelief and scolded him. “Now, I know you’re boasting. I don’t think it is possible to get any better than that.”

Oh, I’ll prove it to you.” Inuyasha swept her back and kiss her deeply. Several eternities later, he broke the kiss and whispered breathily. “See?”

Kagome quested for breath. “I…I admit it…I was wrong.”

Inuyasha grinned. “Now that is something I never expected to hear.”

He pulled Kagome against him again, holding her as close to his heart as he could. Why he even bothered was a mystery. His heart was hers already anyways. Every beat was for her. Kagome held hugged him back, head buried in his breast. She whispered so quietly that even Inuyasha barely heard her.

You should expect the unexpected.”

Inuyasha smiled down at the girl he loved with all of his being. From now on he wouldexpect the unexpected. Miracles seemed not so far away anymore. How could they, when he held one so close to him that very moment?



END OF EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED



And so ends my first, full-length IY fic. I thought it went fairly well, and I enjoyed killing Hojo tremendously. It set the stage for my darker themes and the constant of IY going crazy in every fic I’ve written to date…seriously, he seems a really unbalanced guy in my stories. There’s a quick nod to ETU in Hanyou’s Heart, a little Hojo abuse, but I’ve mostly left the little bastard out of my stories since then. Of course, if you haven’t gotten enough of beating on Hojo, you can always re-read this.

-Chevalier