InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ForgetMeNot ❯ Not Like This ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Forget-Me-Not

By: Youkai Yume

Sorry to keep everyone waiting! I meant to update yesterday, but my mom told me to get my lazy ass off of the computer. Not to mention, my internet's been down. Anyways, I'm just in a fantastical mood because new episodes of Inuyasha are finally going to air on Adult Swim! Yay! So happy! But enough of that, let's get on with the chapter!

Disclaimer: If I owned Inuyasha, then Sesshomaru would end up with Kagome, and Kikyo would be sentenced to oblivion, living underground with crazed mole people, with nothing to eat but worms and her own finger/toenails, and spends the majority of her free time smacking her head against cave walls! (pants) But sadly, I don't. Darn it!

Chapter 9: Not Like This

Everyone eased their attack stances upon seeing the wolf prince, everyone except Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. Koga stood proudly in front of everyone, his normal cocky air about him. He shot a wide and slightly suggestive smile over to where Kagome was, and he chuckled when he heard a growl from Inuyasha.

"I didn't expect to run into you guys today!"

"What do you want, ya wimpy wolf?" Inuyasha demanded through clenched teeth. Koga only smirked.

"I've only ever wanted one thing, and that's Kagome!" With that said, he walked over to where she stood and took her hand to his lips for a kiss. Kagome blushed in embarrassment and tried to pull her hand away from his grasp.

"Koga-kun, please!" But no matter how hard she pulled his grip on her tightened.

"Koi, you don't have to be so shy!" Koga kept insisting. Inuyasha was practically flaring red in the background, ready to shred the wolf youkai into a million pieces. Sesshomaru was nearly there himself.

In that one moment, never before had he felt his blood boil like that! `Koi?!' He could feel instant anger and hatred surge through his veins for the wolf prince. `How dare he touch Kagome!' Sesshomaru was surprised at his sudden feeling of possessiveness over the miko, and tried everything in his power to suppress the growl that threatened to pass his throat. But he failed to do so when he saw Koga proceed to putting his arms around her waist.

Koga was slightly surprised when he heard the growl, seeing as it didn't come from Inuyasha. He looked past Kagome's shoulder to see the agitated taiyoukai standing there.

"Sesshomaru-sama!" He instantly let go of Kagome and stepped a bit closer to the demon lord. "What are you doing here? I never expected YOU to be socializing with the mutt over there! Don't you have your lands to attend to?" Sesshomaru calmed down a bit, but never stopped glaring Koga though.

"My reasons for being here are my own, and does not concern you. However, I should be asking you that same question," he answered rather sharply. Kagome looked with keen interest from one demon to the other. `They know each other?'

"Actually, I was just passing through when I sensed Kagome nearby," he said casually, forgetting the fuming Inuyasha. He inched closer to Kagome, who inched farther away in response. Sesshomaru glared at this.

"Oh? And what business do you have with the miko?" Koga broke into his cocky grin and didn't hesitate to crush Kagome's body next to his.

"To make her my mate of course!" Sesshomaru clenched his fist at how close he was holding Kagome, `He has no right!' He was on the verge of tearing Kagome away from him, but Inuyasha seemingly beat him to it.

"No you don't!" Within a flash Inuyasha had jerked Kagome from Koga's embrace and held her tightly to his own body possessively. "She ain't going nowhere! And she sure as hell ain't gonna be your mate!"

Kagome sighed in relief against Inuyasha's chest. Sesshomaru for once was satisfied with Inuyasha for keeping Kagome away from Koga for once, but still was rather displeased that now instead of Koga holding her like he owned her, it was Inuyasha.

The wolf prince was now beginning to bare his fangs at the hanyou.

"Keep your hands off my woman, mutt face!" He spat, anger evident in his eyes now.

"She ain't your woman!"

"She will be once I claim her!"

"You'll have to go through me!" The two were staring daggers at each other now, `If only looks could kill,' they were both thinking. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo were all sighing in annoyance, like this kind of thing always happened. Sesshomaru quirked an eyebrow at them before turning back to the two bickering youkais. Well, one youkai and one hanyou.

Kagome looked extremely distressed.

"Fine then! If that's how you want it, I'll fight you for her!" Koga cracked his knuckles, and growled menacingly. Inuyasha only smirked, pushing Kagome in back of him protectively.

"It's your funeral, bastard! Kagome! Get back!" He snapped.

"Hey, wait! Don't I get a say in this?" Kagome frantically tried to hold Inuyasha back from fighting. He pushed her back, sending her stumbling backwards right into Sesshomaru, who caught her before she landed on her rear.

She gave him a look that was both apologizing and grateful, before turning back to Inuyasha and Koga, who were both poised for battle. Sesshomaru steadied her back onto her feet, but did not let go of her shoulders however. Kagome didn't seem to notice though, for she was too caught up in the battle that has yet to commence.

"Inuyasha! Koga! Stop it right now!" She cried out to them desperately.

"Shut up, wench! And stay outta this!" Inuyasha yelled. Kagome winced at the harshness of his voice. He sounded like what he was doing wasn't for her, more like it was some kind of unpleasant chore. This didn't go unnoticed by Sesshomaru though, and he was slightly angered by the way Inuyasha treated her. Especially when she was so fond of him, though he knew she would never admit this fact.

"Hey! Don't talk to my woman like that! Don't worry, Kagome, once I beat up this stupid mutt, you won't ever be treated like crap again!"

"None of you are listening to me!" Kagome burst out in frustration as Koga and Inuyasha began to finally do battle. Koga started off with his wolf kick, sending wind and dust along with his attack, which blinded Inuyasha for a while.

"Kaze no Kizu!" He swiped deadly blades at the wolf, clearing the smoke in the process also. Koga quickly dodged the attack, well most of it anyway. One of Inuyasha's blades cut a gash on the side of his arm. He growled, clutching his arm and giving Inuyasha a look of pure hatred before lunging in for another attack, this time with his wolf wind.

"Please, stop! This is stupid!" Kagome yelled out to them. She tried to struggle out of Sesshomaru's grasp to stop the fight, but he held her tighter still. He knew full well that if she were to get involved, she could possibly get hurt, or worse. Sesshomaru didn't want to think about the consequences of such a foolish act, and over worthless whelps like them!

`What am I thinking? Do I really care for the safety of this human?' Despite his conflicting thoughts, he still held onto her.

Inuyasha was down now, scratches and bruises visible from Koga's blow. `He got faster, and stronger, and it's not the jewel shards!' he stood up, ready to give his next attack. He reached his clawed hands to a wound that was near his chest, and swiftly thrust out his "Blades of Blood" straight at Koga. Perfect hit, the proud wolf demon fell, wincing in pain.

Kagome struggled still against Sesshomaru. He was becoming rather irritated with it.

"Foolish woman, do you want to get hurt?" He bit out sharply at her.

"Please, I have to stop them! This is senseless!" She gave him a pleading look. Rin cautiously approached Kagome, careful to keep a good distance from the battle before tugging on her onnechan's sleeve.

"Kagome-neesan?" Kagome tore her eyes from Sesshomaru to gaze down at the girl. "Why are they fighting?" She asked, confused. Kagome sighed, and pulled her in for a hug.

"Because they're stupid. I'm just sorry that you had to see it, especially since we're supposed to be having fun and playing right now. But Inuyasha's too stubborn. I wish I could do something," Kagome said sadly, glancing back over to where the battle still raged.

Sesshomaru followed her gaze over to them as well. Yes, this was senseless and stupid. Not to mention degrading for Kagome. He could see perfectly well in her eyes that she felt powerless to stop them. That it was her fault that they were fighting now, and that they, unconsciously in they're fight, are treating her like some object or prize that can just be won. With no feelings or opinions to justify in the situation.

It was disgusting, and especially shameful to noble youkai like THEM. And besides, Kagome obviously held no interest in the wolf prince anyway. Koga was now at Inuyasha's mercy, bruised and beaten by the hanyou, who obviously held nothing back. And I meant NOTHING!

"Heh, this is it. I'm gonna get rid of you once and for all, so you'll come in between me and mine again!" Inuyasha unsheathed his Tetsusaiga, holding it just above Koga's head. The wolf youkai growled, refusing to whimper his defeat for the hanyou.

"Any last words?" Inuyasha asked, his eyes darkened with a sense of victory and blood lust. The battle sure got his blood pumping, and not to mention he'd been wanting to slit the wimpy wolf's throat for some time now. Ever since he first put his filthy claws around HIS Kagome, to be exact.

Koga closed his eyes, giving into his exhaustion.

"Only that. . .I'm sorry. . .Kagome, I only wanted for us. . ." His voice was a whisper, but it was loud enough for Kagome to hear.

"Inuyasha, that's enough!" Kagome shouted, on the brink of tears now. Inuyasha wouldn't take it THAT far, would he? But her pleas were only reached by deaf ears, whose reasoning had been clouded over by intense jealousy and rage. `She's mine now,' was all he could think about. `All mine!'

"Say goodbye!" He swung the heavy blade down, ready to split skull when-

"I believe she said ENOUGH!" Inuyasha felt clawed fingers wrap around his neck before throwing him full force to the ground. The impact had made him lose his grip on Tetsusaiga, which now lay several feet away from where he was.

His eyes shot open only to gaze angrily at his half-brother.

"Stay outta this, Sesshomaru!" He breathed, intense anger flaring. "This fight is between me, and that wimpy wolf!" Sesshomaru stared coolly down at Inuyasha, his eyes cold and harsh.

"Stop it, you're acting like a brat. Actually, you've always acted like one, but I honestly expected you to have more dignity and control, dear little brother." He spat out each word like venomous poison, earning a deep growl from Inuyasha.

"You're the last person I wanna hear about not killing, when you probably slaughter hundreds of innocent lives a day, just for your sick and twisted humor!" Inuyasha smirked when he saw his brother growled in displeasure at his response.

"Silence, you insolent whelp! Can't you see that your actions are causing the one person you are fighting for pain?" Inuyasha's eyes narrowed in confusion, before suddenly realizing what he meant. His head immediately snapped over to Kagome, who had tears brimming in her eyes. Her head shook in a silent acknowledgement of disappointment.

`She's disappointed in me, because I wouldn't listen. Even when she had asked me to stop.' He struggled to stand up, reaching out a hand to Kagome, as if wanting to wipe away her tears.

"Kagome, I. . ." Sesshomaru turned from his brother to face the wolf prince, who found enough strength to stand upon his own feet.

"Leave, and take what little honor you have left!" He spat. Koga only nodded, his eyes shadowed. Then he did what everyone found to be quite shocking, he smirked mischievously.

"Not without what I came for in the first place!" And in one gust of the wind, he had grabbed Kagome with lightning speed and ran off into the thick forest. Overcome with rage, both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru took off after Koga, who although injured could still run quite fast.

"Damn you, Sesshomaru, if you had just let me kill him, this wouldn't have happened! Kagome! Bring back Kagome ya fucking bastard!" Inuyasha yelled off to the tiny speck that was Koga.

Sesshomaru gave off a feral growl. `How dare he, HOW DARE HE?!' He had deceived them, deceived HIM! The Taiyoukai of the West! Took off with something that wasn't his! He could hear Kagome's protests in the distance, and his eyes grew blood red. `When I get my hands on that wolf, I'll rip his throat out, and shred his body limb from limb!'

~ ^_^ ~

"Koga, let me go!" Kagome struggled against the stubborn youkai, who held her in what seemed to be a death grip. "Why are you doing this? We just spared your life! And this is how you repay us?!" Koga's eyes remained glued forward.

"Because now, no one will be able to come in between us! It'll be just you and me, and we'll finally be mates!" Kagome began to panic. `No! This is not what I had in mind when I wanted to be `swept off my feet by prince charming!'' She began to struggle harder.

"Why do you fight me, Kagome? Why, when you have everything to gain? I'll protect you! I'll love you! I'm willing to offer anything that stupid mutt face would never give to you in a million years!" He felt Kagome stop her resistance at this. He was right. The hanyou didn't love her. "All I've ever wanted was you, Kagome, so just give me a chance, will you?" His eyes shining with hope as he continued to run.

"No."

"What?" He was shocked, had she refused, after all that he said, and did to get her?

"No, not like this Koga. LET ME GO!!!!" Koga had to resist from dropping her and covering his ears at her outburst.

Just then, a huge white inu youkai descended upon them, blocking any further passages for the wolf prince and his captive. Kagome stared in a state of total awe at the huge dog. `Wait, this youkai looks familiar. . .' Her eyes widened when she recognized the crescent moon.

"Sesshomaru!" She cried out in relief. Koga growled, `Damn!' The giant dog demon began to transform into a more humanoid form, until he was once again, the usual demon lord, in all his glory. Although, Kagome was a little frightened when she saw that his eyes were tainted blood red.

`Oooh girl, he's mad!'

"Koga, how dare you? Your behavior is unacceptable, especially for a Lord." He said coolly, although bitterness and anger were apparent in his voice. His eyes quicly swept over Kagome to see if she had any injuries.

"Lord?!" Kagome stared dumbfounded at Koga. "You're a lord?! Since when?"

Koga ignored her questions however, and instead kept his focus on Sesshomaru.

"This doesn't concern you! What I do with Kagome is my business, she's my woman!" Sesshomaru frowned. His blood red eyes still filled with blood lust.

"You have no claim to her!" He growled before taking a swipe at the wolf youkai with his poison dripping claws. In his haste to get away, Koga dropped Kagome, who for sure thought she was going to end up with a flat face, until she felt strong arms catch her.

She looked up into the face of her rescuer, who was now holding her tightly against his chest. Kagome saw murder in his eyes, he wanted to kill Koga, to finish what Inuyasha had started. `Yup! He's really pissed!'

"Inuyasha was right about killing you, there is no place for someone in this world who has no honor!" He raised his hand to strike, but was stopped short, when small hands held him back. He looked down at Kagome, the red seeping away from his eyes.

"Please, Sessho-kun," she said gently, yet pleadingly, "he doesn't deserve this, he just didn't understand." He blinked down at her, not believing what she had just asked of him.

"You would let him live, after all that he did to you?" She nodded.

"Yes, I forgive him." Kagome turned to Koga. "I forgive you, Koga-kun. Please try to understand that I just don't feel that way about you! Gomen!" Koga held his head. He didn't want to believe it, he didn't.

"I give you final warning, leave! Before I change my mind and relieve you of your lands, and your life!" Sesshomaru refrained from ripping the wolf to shreds like he had intended earlier.

"I'll win you over someday, Kagome! Just wait!" And with that, he took off back to his domain. Even a stubborn youkai like him knew when to throw in the towel. Inuyasha was one thing, but Sesshomaru was a whole different story.

~ ^_^ ~

"You came to save me," Kagome said rather shyly to the taiyoukai, who scoffed in response.

"I didn't come to save you, I came to teach that wolf whelp a lesson," he answered coldly.

"Oh," she was rather disappointed to hear that. But hey, for one brief moment, he was her knight in shining armor. `Geez I sound just like some schoolgirl!'

Sesshomaru tried to ignore the sadness that he heard in her voice, and instead tried to keep his attention on where they were going, for now he was carrying her bridal style all the way back to camp. She was surprisingly light, and he quite enjoyed the feeling off her in his arms. He mentally shook himself. `The only thing that she is right now, is troublesome!'

"Sesshomaru," she started. He grunted to show that he was listening. "I thought I heard Inuyasha come with you when Koga took off with me," silence. She proceeded with her question. "So, where is he?"

For the first time, Kagome saw what was a smile trying to tug at his lips, but his face remained stoic.

"He was unable to keep up, I believe he was cursing about the wolf prince taking advantage of the jewel shards, so I went ahead without him, since I am faster." He answered her calmly, his voice holding a bit of amusement in them.

He looked down at the miko, who didn't stay up long enough for his answer. Instead, she had fallen asleep, her head resting upon his left shoulder. `She looks so peaceful,' the thought fluttered across his mind. He was silently glad that Koga was gone, he vaguely remembered how his blood boiled when he put his hands all over Kagome. `Was that, jealousy?' Whatever it was, he didn't like it.

He lost all train of thought however, when her hand reached up unconsciously in her sleep to pet his tail. He purred instinctively, and try as he might, he couldn't stop.

`Yes, she is rather troublesome.'

End Chapter ^_^

That was longer than expected. I even skipped my favorite anime shows on TV just to type it! Oh the sacrifices I make! Please review! Oh, and if you ever miss my story here, I just set up and account on Mediaminer.org! As usual, send suggestions on whatever!

Review Responses:

~Fanfiction.net~

Noir: Yes, it's so much fun to just throw everyone into a state of total and utter confusion! Yes, Sess was jealous, but he'll never admit it.

KITSUNE-chan3: Where have you been? I've missed you! I was wondering where you went! Anyway, great to have you back! Well Kagome might not be lovable, but close enough, right?

Blue-Saiyan-Angel: Yes! Thank the lord for new episodes! It's about damn friggin' time! But there's only thirteen new ones, and there are like, one, two hundred episodes in all?! Oh, well, it's better than nothing.

AiVixen: I'm glad to hear from you again! What? No useless ramblings this time? LOL. Your last chapter was a blast, I can't wait to hear from you again!

Silverdragon: Thank you, I'll try, but what with school starting and whatnot. . .

Alex: (munches on cookie) arf! Me go write more chapters now, just bring more cookies please! ^_^

VicFan: Ain't it always? LOL. So conceited!

Kagura-hime: Yeah, well, I try. Hey, I read too, so I know what people want to read. By the way, thanks for the full analysis on Kikyo, really helped! Until nest time! Oh, yeah, thanks for telling me about the new episodes! (squeals) so excited!

Ichi-hime: Thanks! I like those pairings too! Come again soon!

Kyokai: LOL. Yeah, that was my favorite part too! Sorry to say that I have no FLCL ideas whatsoever. I've been considering writing a fic in that anime too, oh well. . . good luck!

Shadowfax: What can I say, Sango's always there to make everything easier on us! I wouldn't mind taking off my shirt for Sess if he's gonna frisk me! (Bad, Youkai Yume, Bad!)

Nefra1: Wow, it's been a while since I saw you here, or maybe not, whatever. Koga's okay I guess, though I don't know much about him or his attitude, so I just sort of winged it on this chapter. I don't think it'll be the last of him though.

AmoebaFive: thanks for the review! I missed you for a while! I'll try to update as soon as possible, just don't get your hopes up.

Black Rose Lady: Okay, thanks for the review! But, since when was Shippo intellectual? Please point out where, because I'm dying to know where! Grr! So frustrated! Review soon!

Red Dragon9: I hope that was a big enough blast! Lol.

Punkbaby5098: Go ahead and say it! Dead bitch! We all know it's true!

Flare-Chaa: ^_^ Okay!

Iotathesweet: I'd be happy to be your proof reader! Just send in your response in the next review, or at jxc1704@lausd.k12.ca

Inuyashaluvver: Yay! Give pelt and golem to me! Naraku, nice! Where's my camera? Grr! Darnit! Oh yeah, I'm fully aware that most people spell it Kouga, but I prefer it this way. It saves more vowels, and besides, the anime, manga, and game all spell it this way, so yeah.

Nymph Demon: Thanks for the cotton candy! Not so much fluff here either, more action, ne?

Silver Fang13: Me? Make fun of you? Never! Thanks for no flames! I'll be shore to update soon!

Lunabelle: You give me too much praise! I don't deserve it! (blushes and hides) How's that for Sess's response?

Sanosuke Hidane: I've already e-mailed you about it, the answer is I'd love to hear all about it! I'm just waiting for you to respond!

Lady Kaiba: Well,nothing much to say here either so, review! Sorry, just so damn tired!

Blucherriblossoms: Glad you liked it! Luv ya too! Lol. Too sudden!

Dark Topaz: Thanks! More soon!

Aki no Yume1: Well, Koga's in here because everyone was asking about him, so yeah.

Tabs: Wow, really? I hope it stays that way! Review again!

MooMoo-chan: Yes, hooked good

KyaKagami: Well, you gotta stop somewhere! Sorry for leaving you hanging, but like I've told countless others, cliffys are just unavoidable!

Kiwi03o89: Thanks for all the reviews! I hope this story is keeping you hooked! I just love to do that to all of my reviewers! Plus, it's spelled, influence, but you meant to put that right?

Shadow39: What? Not going with your usual `MORE?' lol. Just kidding! I actually like the longer review!

Serena SilverMoon: Well, not exactly the way you put it, but good enough, right? I hope that was good!

Lord Fluffy-chan: o_O Sesshomaru bounces?! (faints) That's okay, I tend to do that when I get coffee too! ^_^

Fire goddess5: Sorry it took so long! Stupid computer time limit! Stupid cheap internet service too! But I probably won't be able to update as often as before anymore, if you call this often!

Tina3: Sorry! But I've never actually seen a forget-me-not, so I'm really just using my imagination! Just pretend that they're purty, kay? ^_^

Mistress Fluffy: I hope that was a good reaction! I'll put more of his thoughts on the whole fiasco in the next chapter!

Evil chibi chibi-chan: You're computer isn't the only one that's acting stupid! I wish that I could just throw mine in the scrap metal pile for a new one! But damnit! My parents are cheap! (sigh) Review, and make me feel better, kay?

Inuyashafan: So, was it interesting? Please say yes!

Badgerwolf: Yes, and sadly he still is clueless! Maybe he's not getting enough oxygen to the brain or something. . .

~Mediamner.org~

Lady Sesshoumaru: That's alright, what else are Doritos for? Anyaways, hope you enjoyed the latest chapter! Review again soon!

Sunstar: Wow! I haven't seen you in like, forever! I missed you! You were my first reviewer, and I thought you gave up on me! (sniffles) But that's okay, cause you came

back, and now I'm happy again!

So many reviews! Wipes tear, but the only downside is writing a response to every single person! Oh well, don't let that discourage you from reviewing, `cuz I simply love them all, so go! Review! Now! It's a small sacrifice I'm more than willing to make. The next chapter might be a while, so please hang tight!

Ja Ne! ^_~