InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ForgetMeNot ❯ I Can't Forget ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Forget-Me-Not

By: Youkai Yume

Must, type, chapter! But, too, lazy! (Sigh) Like I have a choice. Sorry it took longer than usual to update. But, hey, I'm inclined to slack off once in a while, right? Not to mention, my schedules been pretty hectic, damn you mother, for all of your crazed activities! Anyways, here I am and here you are, so I guess that's all that really matters. So go on, read. Be merry.

Disclaimer: Inuyasha + Me = NO

Chapter 8: I Can't Forget

She moaned in pure bliss into his ear. How he loved it when she made those sounds. The best part was, he was the only one who could make her do so. He kissed her passionately, wrestling with her tongue before breaking off their kiss, gasping for air.

She dug her fingers into his hair, and ran them along his silver locks before reaching his ear, and stroked them tenderly. He began to purr, and wrapped his tail tighter around her waist. He trailed hot kisses from her jaw, down to her neck, sucking lightly on the sensitive skin. He felt her hands pressing his head, holding him in place. His own hands roamed her curvaceous body before resting on her left breast, and he slowly began to massage it.

"Oh, Sesshomaru!" She arched into his body, her head thrown back in pleasure. He grinned and stopped what he was doing, to swiftly enter her. He growled in delight at the feeling of being inside her. Slowly he began to pump in and out of her. Her moans and whispers encouraged him on, and he soon quickened his pace.

"Kagome. . ." he whispered her name huskily just before. . .

~ ^_^ ~

His eyes shot open just before he thought he reached his peak. Sesshomaru sat up in his bed, panting heavily, and sweat glistening on his pale skin in the moonlight. `Why does she continue to plague me? And in the most intimate of dreams?' He rubbed his temples, his breathing returning to normal, though he could still feel the after affects of the dream.

He laid his head back on his pillow, closing his eyes, and remembering the dream. It just seemed so real! Her scent surrounding him in their heated passion, the feel of her body beneath him, and her moans that echoed in the dark night.

Sesshomaru was almost disappointed that it WASN'T real. He growled silently at the thought. `No, I will not stoop so low as to lust and desire for human, not to mention my brother's wench at that. I will not fall into disgrace, unlike my father.' But was it really just lust? He didn't know anymore, and he didn't want to know.

He slowly shut his eyes, in an attempt to regain sleep. He almost didn't want to, for fear of seeing her once again in his dreams. But a part of him, almost craved to see Kagome there. He growled again, `This is only a phase, soon it will wear off, and all will be as it was before.' Sesshomaru sighed, he had tried to assure himself many times with the same thought, but he was beginning to wonder, if it really was just a phase.

~ ^_^ ~

She was exhausted. Completely, and what she would give if she could just rest if only for a minute. . .or fifteen. Kagome looked around at the others, and could tell everyone was equally tired. Only Inuyasha seemed to have energy left, but that's because he was hanyou.

"Inuyasha, can we stop and make camp for the night? It's getting dark, and we're all really tired."

"I agree. I'm pooped!" Shippo chirped. He slumped over Kagome's shoulder, sticking out his tongue to show his exhaustion. Inuyasha threw an annoyed glance over at them.

"Feh. Weaklings, fine, you guys stay here while I find a decent place to camp."

With that he took off, leaving the group for their short break until he returned. Kagome sighed, and sat down on the grass. Her legs ached from walking around all day, and a nice hot bath sounded really good right about now. Inuyasha sure pushed them hard, and he wasn't even the `encouraging' pushing type. She sighed again. But when she looked in his eyes, she knew he wasn't as harsh as he intended to be. He just tries to hide it all.

`Just like Sesshomaru.' Kagome's mind wandered briefly for a moment to the demon lord. Remembering his piercing golden gaze, and idly comparing them to Inuyasha's. Yes, they were alike, but Inuyasha's were more defined by his emotions, while as Sesshomaru's orbs hid everything from everyone.

Despite his cold demeanor, she recalled the brief moments when some little inkling of emotions flickered across them, and most of the time they were directed at her. Kagome wanted to smile at the thought that at least he showed some emotion, and to her. It kind of mad her special.

"Kagome?" She was brought back into reality when a hand waved in front of her face. "Hello? Is anyone home?" She looked up at the owner of the hand.

"Oh, Inuyasha! When did you get back?"

"Just now. I found a place to camp, so let's move out now!" He urged everyone and took the lead. Kagome groaned, `We'll just have to walk a little bit further, and then we can REALLY take a rest!'

After walking around for about ten to fifteen minutes, they came upon a small clearing with a pile of firewood that Inuyasha had already collected for them. Everyone plopped down, giving into their exhaustion. Kagome began to unpack all of the necessary supplies for dinner, and looked up at Inuyasha.

"Hey, Inuyasha, is there a hot spring or lake around here?" She asked hopefully. He opened one lazy eye down at her and gave his usual annoyed "Feh."

"Yeah, there's one that way. But be quick about it! I don't want you to spend all friggin' night soaking in that thing!" Kagome smiled gently up at him. He acted like he didn't care, but she knew that he never failed to find a place to camp without being near one of the things that Kagome finds the most comfort in, a hot spring or lake.

"Great! I wanna take a hot bath right now!"

"Hey, wait a minute! What about dinner?!" Inuyasha jumped from his usual perch to land right in front of her.

"I'm too tired to eat! I just want a bath, besides, you guys have watched me make dinner enough times to do it on your own, right?" She began to gather up all of her bathing things.

"Now, wait just a minute! Don't you dare go soak in that hole of hot water while we starve!" Inuyasha fumed.

"Calm down, Inuyasha! Let Kagome take her bath, I'll prepare dinner!" Sango offered. Satisfied with the answer, he grudgingly nodded and went back to his previous spot.

"But Sango, don't you want to come with me?" Kagome asked, hopefully.

"No, Kagome-chan. I'll stay and prepare dinner. Not to mention I've already taken one the other day, besides, is it really healthy to take a bath everyday?" Kagome giggled at the question. `I guess hygiene isn't all that important in this era.'

"Alright, what about you, Shippo-chan?"

"No thanks, I'm gonna stay for the ramen!"

"Well, then, I guess it's just me tonight, huh?" She was about to head in the direction of the hot springs when a hand tapped her shoulder. She turned around to face Miroku.

"You haven't asked me to accompany you!" He said, trying to sound innocent.

"HENTAI!" (whack!) Miroku fell headfirst into the ground upon impact, and for a moment looked like Inuyasha when he was `sat.' Kagome laughed lightly at this, and glanced at Sango.

"I trust you'll keep him from peeking, ne Sango-chan?"

"Hai. And if he does peek, I'll make sure that he won't be able to look at ANYTHING for at least a week!"

~ ^_^ ~

"Ahhh! That feels much better!" Kagome sighed in contentment as she slowly emerged into the warm water. She sat down on a rock, closing her eyes in bliss, feeling all of the day's aches and pains melt away into the spring.

Kagome reached for her shampoo and soap, and slowly began to apply the lathery substance all over her body and hair. She washed it all off soon after, and in the process, her fingers brushed over the semi-scar on her waist.

She stopped, her hand resting on it. `Sesshomaru.' Kagome smiled at the memory of him healing her a couple of days ago. `He was so gentle with me, it was kind of sweet. . .' She shook her head at the thought. `If Sesshomaru knew I thought he was being sweet, I don't think he would be very `gentle' the next time!'

But still, she couldn't forget about his tender caress. She vaguely remembered missing it when he had stopped. Which brought her to her next confusion. Kagome closed her eyes, recalling his hands wandering all over her skin, and not just the wound, it was almost sensual, in a way.

She blushed, just thinking about it made her body go all hot again. `Bad, Kagome, Bad!' Kagome reopened her eyes, giving a slight pout before slumping deeper into the water, so that only her nose up was visible. `I shouldn't be thinking about him like THAT, it's just wrong! Besides, it's not like it meant anything. Afterall, Sesshomaru, the great taiyoukai of the West, hated humans. He knows it, I know it, case closed!'

She lifted her body up a little, just enough so that she could comb through her raven black hair. Kagome furrowed her eyebrows together, finding that she could not just stop thinking about him. `But then, when I looked into his eyes, I saw something in them. They showed such loneliness, guilt, and. . .longing?'

"Nah, that couldn't be it! What am I saying? Sesshomaru doesn't feel! Besides, I could've just been imagining it, afterall, I only caught all of that in one brief second!" She thought aloud to herself. Kagome still was left with doubt, however, and she focused on the memory once again.

`I almost miss being near him.' As soon as the thought crossed her mind, she immediately felt a wave of guilt. She almost felt like she was betraying Inuyasha by just thinking about it. `Not to mention Inuyasha still hates Sesshomaru!'

Deciding she had spent enough time in the hot springs, she got up and began to dry and dress herself. `Alright, stop worrying about Sesshomaru, you're probably not going to get to see him for a while anyway. Not until his next Tetsusaiga snatching attempt, so relax!'

Making up her mind to push all thoughts of HIM to the back of her head, she gathered all of her things, and headed back to camp.

~ ^_^ ~

Sesshomaru opened up the leather bound book to what must've been the hundredth time, taking out the blue forget-me-not to examine, and then putting it back. This time however, he was intent on one thing, to destroy it. He didn't want to remember her any longer, and this one flower was the biggest reminder of her.

Almost everything about the flower represented a certain aspect of Kagome. Her natural beauty, her cerulean orbs, her heavenly scent, and the fact that she was delicate, yet strong, just like this flower. Not to mention the name, grrr, he just couldn't forget! The name of the blasted thing even ensured it!

Sesshomaru was convinced now, if he destroyed it, he would soon be able to forget. If there was nothing there to remind him of Kagome, then there was nothing to remember, right? He held it tightly in his hand now. Yes, this was the solution, all he had to do was to crush it, and. . .

"No! I can't do it, I can't . . .forget. . ." he held the flower limply in his hands in defeat. This was infuriating, why couldn't he bring himself to do it? `Because it's not that simple,' he admitted. He knew, even in his own stubbornness, that he probably couldn't just erase her from his mind that easily. She'd still be there, engraved in his memory wearing that wretched smile that seemed to warm him every time.

`If only I could just hate you, like all the other worthless humans.'

"Sesshomaru-sama!" He was brought out of his frustration at the sound of Rin's enthusiastic voice. "Sesshomaru-sama!" She squealed once more before latching herself onto his leg. He gave her a quick pat, and she loosened her grip on him.

"What is it, Rin?" He asked her sternly, but not in his harsh tone. She looked up at him with her big cinnamon orbs, and grinned from ear-t-ear when she spotted the flower Kagome had given him clutched in his hand.

"Does Sesshomaru-sama miss Kagome-neesan too?" His eyes focused back on the flower that he still held. Giving off a sigh, he placed it back into the book and closed it before turning back to Rin.

"You want to visit her, do you not, Rin?"

"Hai! Sesshomaru-sama promised Rin, remember?" Sesshomaru sorted through his memories.

"I said, we'll see." Rin's smile slowly disappeared from her face, and turned into a pout. She had really been looking forward to being able to play with Kagome and Shippo again.

Seeing the child's disappointment, he sighed before giving in.

"Very well, we will see the miko today."

"Yay! Rin's so happy!" She exclaimed, latching herself upon Sesshomaru once more. "Sesshomaru-sama's the bestest in the whole wide world!"

~ ^_^ ~

Kagome stuffed her sleeping bag back into her backpack, as she prepared herself for another long day of shard hunting. Miroku was doing his quick morning meditation, and Sango was polishing her haraikotsu. She giggled when she looked over at Shippo, who was gathering more leaves for his illusionary magic, but sneezed when some dirt was caught in his nose.

Inuyasha however, was hovering over her shoulder, urging her to hurry up so they could be on their way.

"Hold your horses, Inuyasha, it's still a bit early and. . ."

"Kagome-neesan!" Out of seemingly nowhere, the little girl pounced on Kagome and had a death-grip around her waist.

"Rin?! Where'd you come from?" She asked, surprised before returning the hug.

"But, if she's here, then," Inuyasha growled when Sesshomaru stepped out from behind the trees. "YOU!" He quickly unsheathed Tetsusaiga, and didn't hesitate to lunge in for an attack when-

"SIT BOY!" (thump! And inaudible curses follow soon after)

Kagome stared for a moment at Sesshomaru, searching his golden depths.

"Ohayo, Sessho-kun," she finally said, smiling warmly. Sesshomaru was still slightly shocked that Kagome called him that, but didn't mind. "What brings you here? I'm guessing it's not Tetsusaiga, because you brought Rin along." He nodded.

"Rin has requested to see you again, she has done so ever since she was last here," he answered, convinced with his own reason for coming to see her again. Satisfied with the answer, Kagome nodded, and turned to Rin, who was tugging on her sleeve.

"Can Kagome-neesan and Shippo-chan play games with Rin?" she asked hopefully.

"Of course!" Kagome answered, and she heard Shippo cheer in the background, and Jaken mumble under his breath. She hadn't even noticed he was there before.

"No, you won't! Tell Sesshomaru to go fuck off, because we're hunting for jewel shards!" In the blink of an eye, Inuyasha was being held by his throat by none other than Sesshomaru, who was growling in displeasure.

"Show some respect, you whelp, and don't use such language in front of Rin." He said calmly, though a hint of anger was in his voice.

"Sesshomaru! You agreed that while you're here, there will be no violence in front of Rin!" He looked over at the miko, who held Rin close to her.

"Very well," and he dropped Inuyasha to the ground, who cursed under his breath while staring daggers at his brother.

"Now, Inuyasha, let's just take a day off, it won't kill us! Besides, after that brutal hunt yesterday, I think we deserve it!" Inuyasha wouldn't comply, but found that he was outnumbered when Sango and Miroku sided with Kagome. They didn't have a problem with a day off, and Sesshomaru hadn't cause any trouble in any of their recent visits, so why not?

Seeing that he was defeated, he threw everyone a glare before stalking off into a corner of sulk. Shippo and Rin squealed in delight, and ran off to play a game that Kagome had taught Shippo earlier called hide-and-go-seek.

Kagome watched from a distance, debating with herself if she should just join in on the fun or not. She didn't even notice when Sesshomaru came up to her.

"She speaks fondly of you," he started suddenly. She jumped at hearing his voice, and blushed slightly remembering her previous thoughts of the demon lord just the other night.

"She's a very sweet child, and I think she's very lucky to have found someone like you to take good care of her," she smiled warmly at Sesshomru, who looked at her indifferently.

"She gets lonely sometimes," he said, trying to ignore her compliment.

"Well, bring her over anytime, we'll be glad to have her!" Kagome offered, possibly hoping that if he did, she would be able to see him more. `Bad, Kagome, Bad!' Sesshomaru was about to answer her when a huge gust of wind blew in, sending dust and small rocks in a twisted dance in the air.

"Jewel shards!" Kagome shouted out. Everyone quickly went into defensive stances, preparing for a fight. When the smoke and dust cleared, Kagome dropped her bow and arrows.

"Koga-kun?"

End Chapter ^_^

Yay! Done! So happy! You guessed it, Koga's next up! Stick around for his classic "She's my woman!" ordeal. Please review! I'll try to update as soon as possible! Oh yeah, send suggestions on Koga or whatever if you got `em! Thank You!

Review Responses:

Dragonmaster VII: Thanks! Improvement is a definite bonus!

???: Continuing. . .

White-Dragon-Goddess: Don't worry, Inu-chan will get his soon, I hope.

Psycho Sakura: I love this story too! (Sigh) Bigger head

Kittykat: Well, Rin's back, I know, it was rather sweet how they ended up healing each other! ^_^ review for this chapter please!

Sesshyangel: No problem! By the way, I have a question for you, what does Miroku mean? There isn't a definition for his name either!

Divine-Heart: Thanks for the compliment, but if you want a REALLY good writer, check out Striking Falcon's work, it's the best!

Dark Topaz: I hope I don't make you wait long, hehehe

H Faith: Your welcome! Anything to help out a faithful reviewer! As long as you keep reviewing, I'll keep doing favors! ^_^

Ali B: Thanx! I hope there will be more action soon.

Ruby27: Yes, fluffy has a heart! It'll take some time to melt though. . .

Animegirl38: Thanks! I'll try to update real soon!

Arella1: Thank you sooo much for the review! There's a strong possibility of a lemon, so keep reading! As for Kagome dying, I'm not sure, it'll all play out in the end!

Flames:Vegeta's Little Sister: I hope this story turns out to your liking! Thanks for the review!

Saria4: Thanks (bows deep)

Lady Kaiba: Did that really get rid of that headache? Huh, I have to try that sometime. . .^_^

Evil chibi chibi-chan: Yes, it is over done, but hey, that's all we got! I loved that review, it's just so fun to read other people's ramblings.

Red Dragon9: Well, technically, Sess never really smirked, even though he was really close to! Don't worry, he will though!

Inuyashafan: Yes, but frisky is good! Thanks for the review!

AnNie-rLz/uRLiFeItSMinE: Wipe those tears, for I will update soon!

Nymph Demon: Well, not as much fluff in here, but more of thoughts in this chapter. Sorry, out of cotton candy due my brother's junk food raid. . .^_^

Lunabelle: Glad to hear you like it so much! I try, anyway. The conflict in Kagome won't build up until later, because she's still a little unsure about how she feels, but major conflict will come, do not fear!

Jazzylady: Gotta love confusion!

The Fallen Angel of Death: Loosen up! Don't be so strict! Sess is allowed to express anger and frustration sometimes, at least when no one is looking anyways! Besides, I like to bend his characterization to my will. LOL. Thanks for your opinion though, hey, I'm a rookie, give me some slack!

Aki no Yume1: I hope you got away from him okay! Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to review for me! LOL. So selfish. . .

Inuyashaluvver: hehehe! I want a pelt! I really liked that review, send another one ASAP! Say hi to your "Sweet Baboo" for me! ^_^

LordFluffy2: Wow! Sess likes my fic! (faints) It's a miracle! Please review for me again, real soon! I hope to live up to your expectations!

DarkPyro: I must thank you again for that marvelous suggestion. So glad that it was to your liking! If you have any other ingenious ideas, send away!

Spirit element: Yes, I know now, thanks to you(and all the other countless reviewers)

Silver Fang13: Thank you for understanding and for the review! Yes, I know you knew how to spell. Just making shore! (^_^ sure)

Fire Goddess5: I only hope to be able to update as quickly, you noticed that I've been slowing down, so ashamed!

Iotathesweet: Yes! Read it right away! Thanks for the review!

Shadow39: Again, short, painful, and to the point.

Aira^o^: Yes, well, I try to keep the humor in there, it can't all be serious and lovey-dovey all the time!

DemonLady1: I'm getting' to it, soon, I hope, well, yeah. . .-_-;

MysticAngelDust: Yeah, not a big fan either, but I just have to put it in, it's just so much funner!

Sanosuke Hidane: Great. Another scene stuck in my head! But it's just oh so funny! Rin's chibi, right? Of course she is.

(Sigh) so tired, but finally done. But all of my labor is worth it to see all of your reviews, so review! I need sleep. . .

Ja Ne! ^_~