InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ForgetMeNot ❯ No, We're Friends ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Forget-Me-Not

By: Youkai Yume

I'm gonna be honest and say that at first I thought that I was going to have problems writing this chapter. But after a brilliant suggestion from DarkPyroPlanet, I'm totally ready to plow through this thing! Thank You! You truly are a genius if you were able to break through my writer's block! Okay, all fired up, let's go! ^_^

Disclaimer: -_-;

Chapter 7: No, We're Friends

Kagome drew back her bowstring. Her body ached from all the blows that she had received from Naraku's swinging tentacles, and she had all the bruises and cuts to prove it. She let her arrow fly, aiming straight for Naraku's heart. But much to her dismay, he had blocked and thrown her arrow aside with his extended tentacles.

Her eyes became clouded over with panic when she realized the tentacle didn't stop there, but went flying towards her! It collided into her side, digging a gash that tore through her fabric and deep into her flesh. Kagome cried out in pain, cringing into a ball on the forest floor, which was quickly becoming covered in a pool of her own blood.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha cried out her name, his voice laced with fear and worry for the wounded miko. "You, bastard, how dare you hurt her!" He charged at Naraku, his rage fueled and swinging his Tetsusaiga at anything that the demon threw in his way. He had succeeded in slicing away many of the poisonous tentacles, but that did little, for they grew back just as quickly as he had disposed of them.

"Damnit!" he cursed.

Kagome watched as Inuyasha tried to fight off Naraku. She clutched her bleeding side, and winced painfully when she struggled to get up. She glanced over to where Miroku and Sango were trying to fight off a couple of demons that Naraku decided to take along, just to make things more difficult.

Sango was doing fairly well with her boomerang, but Miroku was having trouble keeping up without his wind tunnel. Afterall, Naraku never failed to bring his poison insects with him whenever they faced off.

`I have to help them.' Kagome struggled to stand on her feet, which didn't seem to have enough strength to support her own weight. Her wound was bleeding profusely now, and blood poured freely from it, trickling down to stain her uniform, and onto her bruised legs.

"Momma, you mustn't!" Shippo said frantically upon seeing Kagome injured. He ran quickly over to her when he saw her try to get up, using a tree for support. Her breathing was labored now, and her vision became slightly blurred.

"I'm fine, Shippo-chan," she assured rather shakily.

"No you're not! You're bleeding! We gotta heal those wounds!" He was jumping up and down now in worry. Shippo was shocked when she gave him a forced smile.

"I'll be fine." Kagome said, her voice gentle with reassurance. She continued to give him a stern look, and his eyes welled up with tears upon hearing her words. `Why won't she listen?' He watched as she removed her red tie on her uniform, and wrapped it rather hastily over her wound in an attempt for a makeshift bandage.

Kagome leaned up against the tree, face set with determination. Inuyasha had been knocked down, and was pinned by Naraku to the ground. She could tell he was really hurt himself. Naraku let out a maniacal laugh at the group of protagonists.

"Fools, do you really think you can defeat me? I knew you were all stupid, but this is beyond expectation!" He let out another sickening laugh, "Soon, I will be rid of you, then nothing can stop me from achieving my goals!"

Kagome lifted up her bow, arrow placed in its spot, and ready to be fired. She winced when a sudden pain spread from her injury and ran all the way to her fingertips. She was becoming numb from all the pain, and her vision became foggier by the minute. She just needed to stay up long enough to shoot her arrow.

`This might just kill me. . .' she thought a little bitterly. She pulled back her arrow, her bowstring making a slight plucking sound as she did so. Unfortunately for her, Naraku was ever vigilant, and heard the sound of her drawing back her arrow. He growled menacingly at her, before thrusting a tentacle sharply tipped with poison at her before she had the chance to shoot.

"Die! Bitch!" Naraku yelled, his voice full of hatred toward the girl.

"KAGOME! NO!" Inuyasha tried desperately to reach out to her, and block her from Naraku's blow. His face contorted painfully when he realized he wouldn't be able to make it in time.

Kagome shut her eyes instinctively, waiting for the blow to impact, but it never came.

"I don't think so!" A smooth, velvety voice reached her ears, before the sound of tearing flesh and bone came after it. She hesitantly cracked open an eye, and soon had both eyes staring unbelievingly at the tall figure in front of her.

"Sesshomaru. . .?" When the poisoned fumes had cleared, Sesshhomaru's proud and godly form clearly came into view. Around him lay pieces of flesh and blood from the now destroyed Naraku. Or so everyone would've liked to wish. At his feet was a wooden doll, tied with what looked like to be hair.

Sesshomaru let out a feral growl before crushing it with his foot, breaking Naraku's golem in half. `It was only a puppet.' He turned his attention to Kagome, who was still staring disbelievingly at the demon lord. She opened and closed her mouth again, trying to speak. But no words would come out.

He was surprisingly relieved that he had made it in time to save her. Instead of saying something witty like he normally would, he settled with inhaling her sweet scent. Oh how he missed it, no matter how much he denied it, he did. His relief was quickly washed away when the strong scent of her blood was caught in his nose.

"You're hurt." He simply stated. Kagome let out a half-hearted smile.

"Thank You, Captain Obvious." Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow, she had a sense of humor, even in such a state. He watched as she tried to get up, she winced in pain, and clutched her side, which now the wound had begun to bleed through her red tie, turning it into a deep crimson color.

She nearly fell when her legs gave out, still wobbly from the fight. Kagome felt strong arms wrap around her waste, holding her lithe form up against his body. She looked over at Sesshomaru with surprised eyes, and saw something close to concern in them.

They stayed like that for a while, until a sharp,

"Ahem," brought them back into reality. They turned around to see a quite pissed off hanyou. "Mind telling me what you're doing here, Sesshomaru?"

Sesshomaru almost gave into smirking at the fact that his brother had needed his help for once, but refrained because of his dignity.

"Saving your hide it seems, dear little brother."

~ ^_^ ~

Kagome was tending to everyone's wounds, her first aid kit plopped out in front of her. Shippo tried the best he could to help out by bringing Kagome anything she needed or asked for. Sesshomaru watched her silently, intrigued by her unfailing loyalty to her fellow companions.

However, he couldn't help noticing that she had not attended to her own wounds yet, even though hers were the most great of them all. Despite this, she went to care for the others health before her own. `How admirable.'

His eyes moved with her every movement. She looked at him occasionally, he sensed confusion in her, and at the moment was quite confused himself. Why had he saved her? Come running to her aid at the smell of her blood? `I'm in debt,' he reminded himself. Still, he eyed the girl curiously. Why had she not spoken to him since he arrived? He knew she was one who liked to talk and ask questions.

While the taiyoukai was off in his own musings, Kagome was lost in thought herself. `Why did he come and help us? Surely it's not because he cares, does he?' She finished wrapping bandages on Inuyasha's arm, and began collecting all of her supplies back into her first aid box. `Sesshomaru sure isn't the cold youkai lord I thought him to be. He's really surprised me lately.'

"All done, Inuyasha," he nodded at her and pulled up his kimono. Inuyasha smiled warmly at Kagome, who was half dazed at the time, but growled when he spotted Sesshomaru across her shoulder.

Kagome was brought out of her thoughts at the sound of his growl, and gazed in the direction that Inuyasha was glaring in. Sesshomaru.

"Inuyasha, be nice, he DID save our lives today."

"Yeah, well, who asked him?" He huffed. Kagome sighed.

"Don't make me say the `s' word! I bet it would hurt ten times as usual with the current wounds on your body. Besides, we wouldn't have gotten ten shard if it weren't for his help." Hearing this, Inuyasha ceased his growling, and resorted to mumbling under his breath.

She turned away from him, and nervously approached Sesshomaru. Kagome stopped a foot in front of him, and looked up into his golden eyes. He looked back down at her, with equal intensity.

"Are you hurt?" She asked in a voice barely above a whisper. Sesshomaru caught it though, and was shocked to see that she was concerned for him. Then again, after all that she had done before, he wasn't as surprised as he should've been.

"No. But you still are," he pointed to her wound, and she blushed at the carelessness of her own health. While she was busily trying to heal everyone else, she had completely forgotten about herself.

"Oh, yeah," Kagome went to go sit on a nearby rock, Sesshomaru followed her. She opened up her box, and was about to remove the red tie around her stomach, when a hand grabbed her wrist to stop her. She looked confusedly up at Sesshomaru. He shook his head at her.

"Let me do it for you," he said, his voice stern. Kagome blinked.

"Why?"

"It will be faster that way, besides, I feel that I must repay you for your kindness earlier," Sesshomaru replied calmly, though he said the last part rather fast. Kagome was disappointed at his answer, `So, he only did it to pay off his debt.' For some reason she felt saddened. `What for? It's not like Sesshomaru would come just to save ME! I mean, he's got better things to do!' Still, she couldn't stop the little pang of sadness from coming.

Sesshomaru saw her face fault, and was quite displeased when he did. It was not the response that he was hoping for. But then again. . .what WAS he hoping for? Deciding to ignore this, he focused back to the task at hand.

"Kit!" Shippo gave a slight `eep' before running to the taiyoukai. "Bring me some water, and a piece of cloth," he said rather commandingly. Shippo looked as if to say why. "For Kagome," he added. At the mention of his `momma' he straightened up and went to fetch the items.

Sesshomaru turned back to Kagome, who was sitting quietly.

"Now, let me see your wound," he reached out to remove the tie, but noticed that she backed slightly away, her face flushed. He couldn't help noticing that she looked rather pretty with her cheeks tainted with a bit of pink in them. Sesshomaru violently shook his head at the thought.

"What's wrong? Why won't you let me see?" he asked, his tone getting a little harsh. She winced, and shifted uncomfortably. If he wanted to see the wound, she'd have to take off her sailor shirt, and well, let's just say she was very modest. Kagome began to blush even redder at the thought, and it didn't go unnoticed by Sesshomaru.

A smile almost graced his lips when he realized why she seemed so flustered. She was embarrassed about showing himself to her. He gently lifted up her chin so that their eyes met.

"Kagome," he said gently, "Please, now's not the time for modesty. You don't want to get an infection do you?" Sesshomaru saw her smile when he mimicked her on the night that he refused to let her bandage him as well. He felt suddenly warm at seeing this. HE had made HER smile. It was a new, but not unwanted feeling, and although he didn't want to admit it, he wanted to feel it again.

After seeing many moments of hesitation flicker across her eyes, she slowly removed her shirt, letting the fabric slide over her lithe form, revealing more of her pale skin with each inch that the fabric rode up.

Sesshomaru fought a groan upon seeing her full rounded breasts, although they were still not fully revealed to him, as a contraption of some sort hid some of her cleavage. Still, it was enough to make him go hard.

He wasn't the only one staring though, because he could smell the arousal of his half-brother, and the monk. Sesshomaru growled, he suddenly felt possessive towards Kagome, and wanted no one to be able to look at her but himself. He almost made a move to cover her again, before he heard a voice yell,

"HENTAIS!" And the smack of a boomerang making impact on two heads. Sesshomaru turned around to see that both Inuyasha and Miroku lay unconscious on the floor, while a fuming Sango held her boomerang triumphantly over her shoulder. She glanced over at Kagome and Sesshomaru, and for a moment looked like she was going to smack Sesshomaru too, before Kagome held up her hands to stop her.

"No, Sango! It's alright! I took off my shirt so he could bandage my wound!" Sango eyed the demon lord for a while, who glared back at her, before turning away, and sitting under a tree to keep watch on him. `Just in case he tries anything with her.'

Sesshomaru scoffed at the exterminator before turning his full attention back to the beauty in front of him. Kagome began to blush, and tapped his shoulder to bring him out of his wandering thoughts.

"Um, aren't you going to bandage me?" He nodded, trying to keep distracting thoughts from his head as he worked to slowly untie the red cloth that Kagome had put earlier there for her makeshift bandage.

Sesshomaru was quite displeased when he saw the wound. The gash was deeper than he thought, and was still bleeding slightly. He was surprised that she was still conscience with a wound like that. Also, some of the wound already seemed to be closing up, and he was pleased that she was healing fast, for a human. `Must be her miko powers.'

Still, the sight and smell of her blood disturbed him. Usually, blood would excite him, and bring out the predator inside, but not hers, seeing her hurt strangely made him angry and sad at the same time. `Why in the seven hells am I feeling like this?'

"Here's the water and cloth that you asked for!" Shippo had come back, and held out a bowl of water and piece of cloth out for Sesshomaru. He nodded approvingly and drenched the rag into the ice-cold water. Shippo decided to go and wait patiently somewhere else as Sesshomaru took the cloth and began to gently dab and wash Kagome's wound.

She winced when the fabric grazed against her wound, but tried her best not to let tears of pain fall from her tightly shut eyes. Sesshomaru noticed she stiffened in pain, and attempted to be a little more gentle in cleaning out her wound. Once he had washed away all of the dirt and dried blood, he nudged Kagome to hand him the bandages in her first aid box.

Kagome reached for the bandages, and handed it to him, who unraveled it and began to gently wrap it around her waist. `Strange, he's being almost tender with me. But this is Sesshomaru! Is he capable of tenderness?' She blushed when his fingers brushed onto her skin.

Sesshomaru almost blushed too, although he was disgusted at himself for wanting to feel more of her skin. He began to `accidentally' brush his fingers across her soft skin more often, enjoying the tingling, burning sensation that always came when they touched.

"Why are you doing this? Saving us and helping me?" She asked again.

"Because now, we're even." He answered indifferently. Kagome lifted his chin lightly.

"No, we're friends." He fought the urge to smile when he heard those words. `Kagome, why do you irk me so?' He found himself asking again.

He was almost disappointed when he was finished, and his hands were frozen on her stomach. His eyes began to wander upward, drinking in her curves, and perfect skin until he reached her perfect round breasts. Sesshomaru swallowed, feeling himself go hard again as impure thoughts began to surface in his mind.

He had the sudden urge to feel every part of her skin now. `NO! She's a human!' But his hands ignored his thoughts, as it slowly went up to feel skin on her flat stomach. She was soft, and warm, the sensation so new and delightful to his fingertips. Kagome elicited a soft moan, barely audible for him to hear, but it alone made him want more. Her scent was unbearable as well, it surrounded him, taunted him. He could smell a bit of arousal as well. It was enough to drive him mad!

His breathing became heavier, as his hands continued to wander the surface of her skin. Kagome felt hot, real hot. `What is he doing?'

"Sesshomaru?" Kagome whispered his name, and he stopped at the sound of her voice, as if it brought him back to reality. His head snapped up to meet her dazed blue orbs, and he quickly removed his hands from her.

She continued to stare at him, as he cast his eyes downward to his lap. He looked almost guilty.

Sesshomaru wouldn't look at her, too confused and ashamed. He heard rustling from behind, and knew she had put her shirt back on. `What came over me?' He couldn't stand it anymore, he can't stay any longer with this sudden longing growing when he was around HER. `I don't want to feel this emotion! I'm not supposed to feel!'

"Sesshomaru-sama?" Kagome approached him cautiously.

"I must go, there are things that I have neglected to attend to," he bit out the words to her, his voice once more cold and unfeeling.

"I understand," somehow, she knew he wanted to be alone, and she must admit that she needed to alone for a while as well. He nodded at her, before mounting on his silver cloud.

"Wait! Before you go, just remember that you and I are friends now, so if there's anything you need. . ." Sesshomaru said nothing, but nodded once again.

"Thank You, for your help today Sessho-kun." He turned to look at her. Had she just called him? No, he had to leave, just don't think about her! She gave him her warm smile as always, before he set off, flying on the wind.

Just then, Inuyasha and Miroku came out of their knock out state. Inuyasha blinked and examined everything around him before looking at Kagome.

"Hey, where'd Sesshomaru go?" Kagome continued to gaze at the slowly disappearing figure in the sky, `Sesshomaru.'

~ ^_^ ~

Sesshomaru paced back and forth on his balcony. What had just happened? He felt that there was nothing that he could do to stop the feeling of revulsion and shame that plagued his soul now. Except the strange part is, he wasn't disgusted or ashamed of the fact that she was human, but the fact that he did all of that to Kagome without her consent! Almost like he was forcing himself on her!

He had no right to touch her like that, and now he felt dirty, like he had violated her!

"KUSO!" Sesshomaru punched his wall, leaving a fairly large dent in it. His hand went up to rub his temples. Why? Why? Why? Why? WHY?!

He was desperate for an answer now. He, the demon lord of the west, was not supposed to feel anything. And yet, now he was, and for a human! Something that he vowed would always hate ever since his father had taken in a human mate. He wasn't even sure what he felt for Kagome.

"Kuso. . ."

End Chapter ^_^

That took longer to write than expected! Oh, in case anyone doesn't know, "Kuso" is a curse word in Japanese, kinda like "damnit" or something. Well, some of you might be happy that I put that little smidgen of sexual tension, others, might not. But hey, I think it's about time! Anyways, now Sess is all messed up and worried, and Kag's just like, la-dee-da. . .No, not really! More of Kagome's thoughts will probably be in the next chapter! Remember, send any ideas on the story if you want, `cuz ya know, I DO read and consider them. As a matter of fact, this whole chapter was based on a suggestion, like I said earlier! ^_^ I'll probably want suggestions on Koga next so, yeah. . .

Review Responses:

Blue-Saiyan-Angel: LOL. You don't know how many people suggested that! But don't worry, it's not like I'm not gonna use it, cuz I fully intend to in later chapters! Review!

Nicole: It might be jacked up, but it's dope jacked up! Love that show man, even though it rather is insane!

Striking Falcon: OMIGOSH! It's THE Striking Falcon! (bows down in front of computer and hits head on keyboard) OW! But my pain is worth it to see YOUR review on my screen! I'm really flattered by your comment, but in NO way shape or form will my stories EVER be as good as yours! Anyways, Thanx for reading! I'm sooo honored! (sniffles)

AiVixen: Gosh! Do you know how much I love reading your reviews? They're just so. . . enlightening! Yes, that dream was rather realistic, and I must admit, I was planning to have a lemon dream, but thought way too soon for it. Anyways, I had that dream idea for the longest time now, and I just had to get it out there! I can pretty much assure you that Kagome won't die. . .yet. LOL! J/K! I wouldn't do that and leave Sess all alone, or would I? ^o^ Review!

Dark Topaz: Thanx a bunch!

Healing Tenseiga: Thank You, I'm normally never creative, but this story does write itself!

Cherryblossomstar: Wasn't that fic like, the best? Hey, wait a minute, this was a review response for fire goddess5, so, I guess you like reading other people's responses, huh?

Nymph Demon: Glad I can satisfy your fluff hunger! Here! Have more fluff! (hands cotton candy) ^_^

Shichan2: Oh! The irony! Thank you for reviewing! You don't know how much I look up to you, not to mention one of your story, "I Must Be Sick" was my first Sess/Kag story I've ever read and you were the one that got me hooked! I was hoping that you would review for me someday! ^_^

Dragonmaster VII: Thanks for the suggestion! I'll put it in later chapters in Naraku's next appearance!

Baka: LOL. Okay! Okay! I'm going! I have no life either, so might as well. As for the first chapter, let's just say that Sesshomaru was caught off guard! Keep reading!

Aki no Yume1: My, how observative you are! By the way, bring Sess to the reviews more often, I love hearing his opinion! ^_^

Jazzylady: Hey! Where were you? I missed you! I think this chapter pretty much answers your previous questions!

Chikyu: Well, Kagome's just soo lovable, who can resist? Hopefully not Sesshomaru!

Lady Kaiba: Good to hear! I've actually marked my calender for your supposedly future update! I love that fic! Please review, and as usual, NOW!

Silver Fang13: shore is spelled `sure' but you knew that, right? I was planning to put your suggestion in this chapter, but I just had to do this first! It fits in better, and will make your suggestion in a future chapter make more sense as well! Thank You!

Zoutou: Don't die yet! See? I'll update!

Lunabelle: OOOH! I'm so glad you're back! Sorry if I frustrated you on the cliffy thing, but let's just face it, they're unavoidable. ^_^

Mistress Fluffy: (Bows) Thank You! I know! I'll try to keep my writing up to your standards!

DarkPyroPlanet: THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! Is this chapter a good retelling of your summary? I hope I did good! Thank You so much for inspiration again!

Fire Goddess5: Well DUH! Of cours Sesshy's a hottie! Anyone who has eyes can see that!

Mala Valvah: Well, how many more notches must I climb?

Sanosuke Hidane: Yes, I just had to put the whole `sucking on fruit-flavored water' in. Yes, Naraku will die later on! Thanx for reviewing!

Evil chibi chibi-chan: Thank You! (bows) I'll try to update more often!

Inuyashaluvver: Thanx for that idea! I'll probably use it too! ^_^ How's your sweet baboon?

Serena SilverMoon: No one dies, well, maybe Kikyo, but she's a bitch!

Nankinmai: Sorry! Like I've told others, cliffy's are unavoidable, so bear with me!

H Faith: Thanks for updating! I went to read it as soon as I could!

Iotathesweet: When are you updating? Me like your fic! ^_^ thanks for the review!

DemonLady1: I'll get to it eventually.

Aira^o^: Well, was this chapter what you were expecting? Hope I surprised you, `cuz I surprised myself!

MysticAngelDust: Yes, that sounds better. ^_^ What're you doing with that ducktape and rope? o_O

Thank You to everyone who reviewed! Oh My Gosh! Look at the time! .hack/sign is on! EEEK! Gotta Go!

Ja Ne! ^_~