InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Meant To Be ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): Angst, Romance
Rating: A
Warnings: None
Word Count: 500






~ Meant To Be ~






With the mission completed, it was a tearful goodbye; Kagome’s adventure was over.

“Why don’t you ask her to stay?” Miroku asked Inuyasha. “You know she would if you wanted her to.”

“She knows how I feel.” Inuyasha answered. “She doesn’t belong here. She has a life, a family on the other side.”



“Why don’t you ask him to go with you?” Sango asked Kagome. “If he knew you would welcome him I’m sure he’d go with you.”

“He doesn’t belong there.” Kagome answered sadly. “There are no youkai, at least none that people know of. He would have to live in hiding, depending on me to take care of him. That would go against his instincts. He wants to take care of me. That’s why he’s letting me go. He doesn’t want to be a burden.”

 

Hugging at the well, Kagome cried on his shoulder.

“You know I love you, right?” she mumbled.

“Yeah…” he answered. “Me too.”

Stroking her hair, he told her it was better this way. They were from two different worlds; it just wasn’t meant to be. He told her to live her life, find a human husband and be happy. Kagome said she doubted that would ever happen, but then ordered him to do the same, to find somebody to love and be happy. He didn’t answer, merely holding her tighter, knowing that even if he could love another, no other woman would love him.

“If you’re still around in 500 years look me up,” Kagome said then, “For old time’s sake.”

“You got it.” Inuyasha promised.



Months turned into years. Kagome dated Hojo a few times but it didn’t work. She had other boyfriends, but it never lasted.



Inuyasha never forgot all Kagome had taught him, and he stayed friends with the others. He and Sesshoumaru eventually called a truce, and life wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been. On occasion he bought himself a whore, but he never forgot about Kagome. How could he? The kotodama was still around his neck, a constant reminder, even after five centuries. With the invention of concealment charms, Inuyasha learned the truth behind why there were no youkai in Kagome’s time. Recognizing items from her time and knowing it was close he tracked her down. Watching was the hardest part, as she dated other guys. He had to let her live her life. But she wasn’t happy. Finally, it was time.

She found him as a stranger kneeling at the Goshinboku.

“Praying?”

“This is a very special tree.”

“Yes, it is.” she replied.

“You don’t recognize me, do you?”

Squinting, she thought he looked familiar. He unfastened his watch.

“Inuyasha?!”

“Hi.”

Pouting, she asked, “What took you so long?”

Chuckling, he answered, “My ID says I’m 24, I couldn’t date a 15 year old.”

It was her 18th birthday.

“Now, I have money. Now, I can take care of you.” he told her.

Now he belonged in her world. They were meant to be, after all.








Converting /tmp/phpUfCiY6 to /dev/stdout