InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Submission ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): Classic
Rating: A
Warnings: None
Word Count: 500






~ Submission ~






If it weren’t for the rosary, Inuyasha would’ve been decapitated. Kagome’s osuwari had definitely saved his life. The youkai taunted that he would come back to finish the job when it was a fair fight and took his leave.

Inuyasha pried his face from the dirt, and then shot Kagome a murderous glare before stomping away.

Later at camp, he finally snapped. “I had him! You had no right to interfere!”

Angry and hurt, she shouted back how he hadn’t seen the attack. How it would’ve knocked his head clean off his shoulders.

Too riled up for reason, he snapped, “Well then maybe you should’ve let it!” Honestly, a part of him was grateful she had saved his life, but his pride was terribly wounded.

She balked at his statement, but he continued.

“You just don’t get it, do you? All I have is my honor, my pride, and with this…” He yanked hatefully on the beads. “I don’t even have that!”

Sarcastically, she asked, “So it’s better to die with honor than live in disgrace?”

“Yes!”

Recoiling as if she’d been slapped, Kagome didn’t offer a retort like everyone was expecting. It was so easy for her to forget that life was different in his time. Honor really was that important.

She could understand the importance of self-sacrifice, of giving your life to save another. Honestly, she would do that, herself; give her life to save his, or any of their friends. But if she had to choose between death and humiliation, she would choose humiliation. Maybe that was just her.

Apologizing quietly, she asked what she could do to make it up to him. He just snorted, telling her there was nothing she could do. She couldn’t possibly understand what it was like to be forced to submit publicly like that. He asked her to leave him alone for a while, until he cooled off.

Something in his words gave her pause, though. She needed to talk to Sango.

Quizzing the taijiya the following morning, Kagome was now prepared to humiliate herself, if it would make it up to him. She couldn’t stand him being so angry with her, or thinking that she didn’t respect him.

She waited until they were back at the village…it couldn’t get much more public than that. They were greeted warmly, though Inuyasha just huffed, until an unexpected whimper from behind stopped him cold, his eyes opening wide. Turning, he saw Kagome’s subdued expression, as she whimpered again. Part of him thought she was making fun of him, though he didn’t want to believe it. Then she did the unthinkable.

Approaching slowly, Kagome collapsed at his feet, rolling herself onto her back and exposing her belly, whimpering loudly. Every single person in the village stopped what they were doing to stare.  

Humbled, he was truly touched. With all eyes on them he barked something Kagome had learned meant acceptance and forgiveness. Climbing to her feet, she smiled when he offered her his hand.








Converting /tmp/phpKqtAOy to /dev/stdout