InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ To Save A Life ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): Angst, Romance
Rating: T
Warnings: Blood and near death.
Word Count: 500


Winner!!! 1st Place for Best Ficlet, Feudal Association, 1st Quarter 2011  



~ To Save A Life ~






“Hang in there, Kagome!” Inuyasha shouted frantically over the roar of the wind.

So as not to jostle her, he was taking her back on Kirara, Sango, Miroku and Shippou left behind until the nekomata could go back for them. Kagome had been severely wounded in battle, and she was losing too much blood.

“Don’t you dare die on me!”

“Inuyasha…” she whispered faintly.

“Yeah?”

“Come closer.”

“What is it?”

“Closer.”

Leaning down, their faces a mere hair’s breath apart, he wasn’t expecting her to cup his cheek, pressing her lips softly to his.

“I’ve always wanted to do that.” she replied, her eyes drifting shut.

“Kagome!” he shouted in panic, heart breaking in two. “You’re not saying goodbye. Do you hear me? You’re not saying goodbye!”



At Kaede’s, he heard exactly what he didn’t want to.

“I’m sorry, child. She has lost too much blood. I fear she will not make it through the night.”

Turning to glance mournfully at the bandaged and sleeping Kagome, her skin white as porcelain, Inuyasha remembered the kiss, and swore to himself that he wouldn’t let her die.

“Babaa, you’re not gonna like what you see, so if you’re gonna try to stop me then get out, I won’t let her die.”

Good eye opened wide, the elderly miko asked, “Just what do ye have planned?”

Without answering he approached Kagome’s prone form. Sitting beside her, he pulled her head into his lap. “Hey…” he murmured gently, lightly slapping her face. “Kagome, wake up.”

By the kami’s will, she opened her eyes, though the delusional young miko thought she was dreaming.

“I know you…” she mumbled.

Grimacing, he bared his fangs, ripping into the flesh of his wrist. Ignoring the shocked gasp from the back of the room, he held the bleeding appendage to Kagome’s lips, gently coxing her to drink, knowing she didn’t know what she was doing, and hating himself because of it. Still, she would live, and in the end that was all that mattered. He didn’t realize how rapidly lucidity returned to the once dying miko, missing how she gazed up at him thoughtfully while continuing to drink.

As his blood began to work its magic, unconsciousness claimed her, the ordeal too powerful for someone in such a weakened state. Kaede moved forward then, wordlessly assisting Inuyasha with the cleanup. By the time Kirara returned with the others, only Shippou realized what’d happened, from Kagome’s scent, though one glare from Inuyasha had him biting his tongue.

Kagome awoke the following day claiming to have no memory of anything since falling in battle. In private, though, once she got Inuyasha alone, she shocked the hanyou by reaching for that hand, lifting his wrist and kissing it.

“Thank you for saving me.” she murmured.

Blinking in shock and growing panic, he didn’t know what to say. Then she extended her own wrist towards him.

“When you’re ready, I will gladly complete the mating bond.”

Wordlessly, he pulled her into a hug.








Converting /tmp/php7VAI2P to /dev/stdout