InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ All I want for Christmas is you ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): General, Romance
Rating: A
Warnings: None
Word Count: 500






~ All I want for Christmas is you ~






He was aware of the holiday in her time. It had been explained to him weeks prior, and he had agreed to allow Kagome to return home to celebrate it with her family.

That was before all hell had broken loose.

Coming upon a village infested by locust youkai, they had been begged for assistance. Everything was destroyed, every scrap of food gone, but whenever anybody tried to leave, the swarm cornered them at the edge of town, keeping them prisoner. Had the inu-tachi not found them, they would have surely starved to death, which Sango knew was the youkai’s true intent, as their primary food source was decomposing flesh. They had entered the village unaware of the locusts, but soon found that they too couldn’t leave without facing off against thousands of tiny youkai, though unlike the local villagers, they were prepared to fight.

It had taken longer than anticipated to finally exterminate every last locust, using a combination of every trick they possessed. Of course, Kagome couldn’t in good conscience leave the poor villagers with absolutely nothing, and so they had stayed, bartering provisions from neighboring towns to help get them back on their feet. They were extremely grateful, and after the crisis was finally over, with rice in the storage sheds and new seeds ready to plant in the fields come spring, the inu-tachi had been told they would always been welcomed among them.

To help get them going since food would still be scarce for several months, Inuyasha had gone hunting, bringing back several beasts whose meat could be dried and preserved. A feast was held in their honor the final night of their stay, and Inuyasha was humbled when the village headman clapped him on the shoulder, thanking him personally for all he had given them.

There was no way they could make it back to Kaede’s village in time for Kagome’s holiday now, though they did still head out that way so that she would be able to assure her family that she was unharmed and to apologize for missing the special occasion. Kagome knew her family would understand, given the circumstances. On the special night in question, they were camped out in the forest somewhere between villages.

“Merry Christmas, Kagome.” Shippou offered, holding up a drawing he’d made with his crayons.

“Thank you very much.” she replied sincerely, patting him on the head before carefully tucking the drawing away.

Later, after everyone else was asleep, Inuyasha quietly approached the miko.

“I’m sorry you missed your holiday.” he mumbled sincerely.

“That’s all right.” she replied. She couldn’t have left the villagers helpless.

“I don’t…have anything for you.” he mumbled next, thinking of Shippou’s drawing.

She smiled.

“Don’t worry about it. What you did for them, that was a wonderful present.”

Her eyes sparkled.

He blushed.

“I can…well, that is…”

Scooping her up, he launched them into his tree, wrapping his arms around her tightly. Surprised, but smiling, she snuggled against him, cherishing his gift.








Converting /tmp/phpynL6gM to /dev/stdout