InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Underneath the Mistletoe ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): Romance
Rating: A
Warnings: None
Word Count: 400






~ Underneath the Mistletoe ~






Kagome thought he didn’t understand.

She didn’t know her mother had explained it to him.

Having noticed the sprig in her doorway when he’d first arrived via her bedroom window earlier that day to await the miko’s return from school, he had been thoroughly confused by its presence. After her mother’s explanation, he had only been partially confused, and partially enraged. What he didn’t understand was what the damn thing was doing there, as instant jealously had filled his veins upon Mrs. Higurashi’s initial explanation, until she’d soothed the hanyou’s nerves with the insistence that it was only a silly tradition. Kagome had no male callers, at least none besides Hojo, and he was most certainly never invited into Kagome’s room. He had calmed down significantly at that. Until, of course, Mrs. Higurashi had then oh-so-helpfully pointed out that the one and only boy ever allowed in Kagome’s room, besides family who didn’t count, was himself.

Eyes wide, the hanyou had seriously considered waiting for Kagome downstairs, but her mother had kept giving him knowing looks, and, eventually, gulping, he had made his way upstairs to await the miko’s arrival in her bedroom.

Said miko got home precisely on schedule, greeting Inuyasha upon finding him sitting on her bed, not all that surprised to find the impatient hanyou eager to take her back to the past on the promised day.

“Just let me get my stuff ready.” she’d said.

“Kagome…” he began softly as they both moved to exit her room, at the same time.

She paused in her doorway, glancing his way quizzically. He gulped.

“Uh…” he began lamely, pointing at the mistletoe hanging above her head.

She laughed nervously, probably trying to figure out what to tell him.

She didn’t know he already knew.

“It’s just a silly tradition…” she began, scrambling to come up with anything but the truth.

“Yeah…” he interrupted, his unexpected calm making her even more nervous. “That’s what your mother said, too.”

Eyes wide, Kagome didn’t have time to react as Inuyasha leaned forward and gently pecked her lips with his own. Pulling back, he offered the miko a soft smile which slowly turned into more of a smirk as he saw the way she raised her hand up to her mouth as if in disbelief.

“I don’t think it’s all that silly.” he stated then, heading past her and into the hallway.








Converting /tmp/phpy3mIda to /dev/stdout