InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Worthy ( Chapter 37 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): Romance
Rating: Y
Warnings: Language, nudity, mention of alcohol use and consensual sex
Word Count: 500






~ Worthy ~






What...what have I done?  Inuyasha questioned himself forlornly as he gazed down at the nude miko sleeping in his arms, his own body equally devoid of clothing.

Everyone had been celebrating the death of Naraku, the Sacred Jewel purified along with him as Kikyou escorted both he and it into Hell. Everyone had gotten a little tipsy, Miroku more so than most of them though Inuyasha knew he couldn't claim he'd been sober. In fact he'd been just not sober enough to actually listen to the drunken holy man as he'd started going on about how he couldn't wait to settle down with Sango before then asking Inuyasha about his plans for he and Kagome. Inuyasha's denial of knowing what Miroku was talking about was short lived as the monk insisted it was obvious he loved the miko, just like it was obvious she loved him in return, and Inuyasha had eventually admitted Miroku was right...about his own feelings at least. He'd been hesitant to accept that Kagome could actually feel 'that' way about him, thinking the miko probably intended to return home now that the mission was over, and then Miroku had said the magic words.

“Only one way to find out.”

Though that wasn't really true. In reality, there were two ways. The first way to learn if a woman was interested in you was to talk to her, the second way was to try and make a move and see if she responded accordingly. Inuyasha, being a man of few words, had chosen the latter. Actions spoke so much louder, after all. And Kagome had definitely responded accordingly. His higher brain functions had promptly ascended into la-la land as the tipsy hanyou and equally not sober miko made love in the shadows of the forest, away from prying eyes.

Feh...I fucking rutted her like an animal in the dirt is what I did ...

He took advantage of her, defiled her, tainted her with his touch. She deserved someone who could actually provide for her, give her the things she wanted. What could he possibly offer her? He had no home. He had no money. He had no skills. He wasn't worthy. She was better than him. She was smart, attractive, powerful, pure, kind...

...and awake.

Uh-oh ...

Gazing down worriedly into chocolate eyes that could easily read all the panic in his amber ones, Kagome merely offered him a smile before leaning up enough to gently press her lips to his.

“Whatever the future brings, we'll face it together.” was all she said, and in an instant all his worries disappeared.

The villagers accepted him, surely he could arrange for a home somewhere within the village. Yes he had no money but he was a hard worker and expert hunter and could easily trade meats, furs, or work for neighbors like chopping wood, and work for strangers slaying youkai. He could earn his keep, and earn a living. He could provide for Kagome. He was worthy.


Converting /tmp/php9PUVf3 to /dev/stdout