InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Wrong ( Chapter 43 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]





Genre(s): General, Romance
Rating: A
Warnings: None
Word Count: 500





~ Wrong ~





Kagome sighed contentedly as she sank into the steaming hot spring, Sango sitting down beside her. They enjoyed the silence for several long minutes until finally, that silence was broken when Sango asked her friend quietly,

“So when are you going to tell Inuyasha how you feel?”

Kagome glanced Sango's way with a sigh of resignation that time, knowing she couldn't hide her feelings from the observant woman. Now that Sango and Miroku had discussed their own feelings and were engaged, it only made sense that Sango wanted to see Kagome just as happy, knowing how Kagome felt.

Sighing again, Kagome knew her feelings for Inuyasha were obvious, at least to Sango, even though she doubted he felt the same way. Yes, he did care for her. She wasn't stupid. She didn't think he still thought of her as nothing more than a shard detector. But no matter how important to him she became Kikyou would always be more important. Kikyou was his one true love, and while she didn't think badly of herself or think herself a 'copy' like the undead miko used to call her, Kagome did believe she was second best. She knew Inuyasha saw her for her, as Kagome, and that anything he felt for her was separate from his feelings for Kikyou, but she also believed that those feelings for Kikyou were stronger that whatever he felt for her. He loved her as a friend, not in the way a man loves a woman. Explaining all of this to Sango, Kagome expressed her belief that it just wouldn't be right, it wouldn't be fair to come out and tell Inuyasha how much she loved him. That would only put him in an even tougher position than he was in now, making him feel even guiltier for placing Kikyou's importance above her own. After all, he had already chosen between them, and he'd chosen Kikyou. Kagome knew, she remembered. She had chosen to come back and stay by his side regardless. Maybe he already knew she loved him, but he still didn't need her rubbing it in his face.

Sango didn't argue, knowing it was a sensitive issue. Eventually leaving the hot spring, they remained unaware of their audience.

Inuyasha had been scouting the area for threats, having no idea he'd gotten within earshot of the girls until Sango spoke up, and the nature of her question had kept him glued to the spot to hear Kagome's response. He frowned as he headed back to camp before them so they wouldn't know he'd been listening.

Later that night, Inuyasha got Kagome's attention as the others slept, leading her away a bit into the trees.

“Yes?” she asked, confused and concerned.

“You're wrong.” he stated.

She blinked.

“Huh?”

“About...what you told Sango, 'bout how I feel...about you...”

Reaching forward, he gently cupped her cheek. Her eyes widened.

“You're wrong.” he murmured softly.

She had never felt so happy to be wrong.



Converting /tmp/phpyN9nhL to /dev/stdout