InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Thunder Struck ( Chapter 42 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): General
Rating: T
Warnings: Mild Injury
Word Count: 500






~ Thunder Struck ~






The inu-tachi were heading to Kaede's so Kagome could take a test when the bad weather got worse.

“Uh-oh, I don't like the look of those clouds, or the sound of that rumbling.” Kagome murmured, to which Inuyasha scoffed that a little rain never hurt anybody.

“Though I agree with Kagome-sama, it would be preferable not to be caught in the rain.” Miroku chimed in, the rings on his staff jingling as he walked, which had Kagome gasping.

“Plus you're carrying a conductor, not good during a thunderstorm.”

He looked at her funny but she quickly explained, “Lightning is attracted to metal.”

Miroku's eyes widened marginally. “Let us make haste then.”

“Agreed.” Sango chimed in, eying the clouds warily.

They were almost there when a giant oni attacked, lured by Kagome's shards. That happened from time to time, but what horrible timing! “Kuwabara kuwabara...” Kagome murmured quietly, hoping to keep the lightning at bay as Inuyasha attempted to dispatch the oni as quickly as possible, the occasional flash of lightning overhead causing the creature's eyes to glow red, the thunder soon afterward momentarily drowning out its snarls.

It started raining, but Kagome didn't seek shelter, her eyes on Inuyasha. Sango, with Shippou on one shoulder and Kirara on the other, held Hiraikotsu over her head, while Miroku tucked his shakujou into his robes. They would help Inuyasha if he needed them but it was clear that he didn't. Leaping high into the sky, he swung Tessaiga downward with a mighty cry of “Kaze no Kizu!” and in a brilliant flash of light that came from Tessaiga the oni was obliterated. In that same instant, though, a large bolt of lightning also tore through the sky and struck the still transformed blade in Inuyasha's hands, his cry of pain loud enough to be heard over the roar of thunder as he fell to earth, smoke rising from his body.

“Inuyasha!”

Kagome was by his side in an instant, then she and Sango were maneuvering him atop Kirara and the race to Kaede's village suddenly had nothing to do with her math test.

``````````````````

Groaning, Inuyasha awoke to the concerned gazes of Kaede, Miroku, Sango and Shippou.

Feh ...that's right, her stupid test...

For some reason, knowing her school was more important really hurt him.

But before he could speak, his eyes opened wide to learn that he'd been asleep for five days, and that Kagome hadn't left his side once. She missed her test, not even going home to tell her family why she was late. The only reason she was gone now was because she'd run out of the burn ointment from her time that she'd been using to treat his wounds.

Humbled and ashamed of his doubt, those feelings doubled as she entered the hut in that moment with a tube of said ointment in hand.

“Oh, Inuyasha! I was so worried!”

“Keh...”

She'd never cease to amaze him.





Converting /tmp/php6aHtad to /dev/stdout