InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Tug-o-War ( Chapter 41 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): General, Romance
Rating: T
Warnings: Mild Language
Word Count: 500






~ Tug-o-War ~






It’d all out started the same as usual. Kagome suddenly sensing two jewel shards, and Kouga standing among them a few seconds later. Or more accurately, standing on top of Inuyasha, until with a feigned apology he stepped away to approach Kagome, clasping her hand.

Inuyasha rose to his feet seeing red, at least figuratively.

Though it’d started out the same as usual it hadn’t stayed that way for long; Kouga had horrible timing because that very morning Inuyasha and Kagome had finally confessed their feelings for one another. Promises were made.

Not wanting to disrespect her future mate, knowing how he felt about it, Kagome immediately snatched her hand out of Kouga’s grasp, and Inuyasha, no longer denying his jealously, quickly closed the distance between himself and Kagome to stand beside her while clasping that same hand; a subtle yet not so subtle display of his own affection that also effectively replaced Kouga’s scent with his own.

The wolf immediately understood, and was not amused.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing, mutt?” he bit out, grabbing Kagome’s other hand. “Kagome’s mine.”

Kagome tried to snatch that hand away too, only for her eyes to widen in surprise when she realized she couldn’t, his grip much too strong.

“Like hell she is.” Inuyasha argued from her other side, his hold on her just as firm, though she found his grip comforting. Especially with the look Kouga was giving her.

“Go on, tell him.” the ookami beseeched, confusion and hurt, with a hint of determination, reflected in pale blue eyes. The way he subtly tugged her closer didn’t go unnoticed.

“Kouga, I choose Inuyasha.” she stated apologetically. Said hanyou tugged her a little closer to himself at her words, his golden eyes shining with love and possessiveness.

“He’s just forcing you to say that.” Tug.

“No he’s not. I love Inuyasha.” Failed release attempt.

“You heard her, Kouga, so let her go.” Tug.

You let her go.” Tug

Suddenly, Kagome felt like a rope between two dogs.

“You let go!”

“No, you let go!”

Somebody let go!” Kagome shrieked.

Both men paused, glancing her way, then Kouga smirked at Inuyasha while preparing to give a mighty tug.

Eyes widening in panic, Inuyasha immediately released her, which he knew Kouga knew he would, but he’d had no choice.

“Ha! I win!” Kouga declared smugly.

“Like hell!” *Slap*

That came from Kagome.

“I’m not a rope toy!”

Confused, Kouga said, “But…he released you.”

“Only to avoid ripping me apart.” she seethed. “Which proves his feelings. You act like I’m just some prize to be won.”

His eyes said it all.

Well…yeah.

“Ooo!” Stomping her foot, Kagome channeled her miko powers until shocked, literally, Kouga finally let go.

Kagome immediately used both hands to pull Inuyasha into a passionate kiss.

Gaping, Kouga finally conceded defeat.

“Err…see ya around.”

Then he was gone.




Converting /tmp/phpW8kZxY to /dev/stdout