InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Time Well Wasted ( Chapter 51 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Genre(s): Classic, Romance
Rating: A
Warnings: None
Word Count: 500





~ Time Well Wasted ~




At first he'd wanted to tell her no.

At first he had told her no.

It'd seemed like a pointless waste of time. Who had time to take a 'night off' when they had to find and kill Naraku? Feh! But then Sango, Miroku and Shippou had piped up with their desire to rest for awhile, too, and they were near Kaede's village, and Naraku had been in hiding for a couple months with no leads in any of the villages they'd asked. There hadn't even been any recent youkai activity unrelated to Naraku, meaning nothing was happening and it was the perfect opportunity to rest.

Griping that it was four against one Inuyasha had finally caved, and that was how he'd found himself sitting in Kagome's living room, listening to her mother explain in more detail the Western tradition that was Halloween, while the miko changed into her costume upstairs.  

Kagome had said it was the perfect opportunity for her to take him out, that they wouldn't have to worry about what he looked like and he wouldn't even have to cover his ears. Inuyasha had to admit, the idea of being able to walk freely in her time and not get strange looks for once, or worse, risk the possibility that somebody would actually realize what he was and panic, did sound awfully appealing. But he wasn't just going with her to the store because they needed more supplies, or meeting her at her school to bring her back through the well. There was no purpose to him being there. Because she wanted to attend some stupid village festival with him? Feh!

Though, of course, the fact that she'd actually thought of him, that she actually wanted to do this 'fun' thing with him...secretly, that meant a lot to him, even though he'd maintained that he thought it was pointless. He was pretty sure Kagome knew that if he really hadn't wanted to go he wouldn't be there, plain and simple. His presence revealed how he really thought, even if he didn't have the guts to say it out loud. Yeah, maybe it was a waste of time, but he'd gladly do whatever she wanted, just to spend the time with her. He'd waste however much time with her as she wanted.

“Ready?” Kagome asked as she entered the living room, and glancing her way, his jaw dropped.

She was dressed like Princess Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin, not that Inuyasha knew who that was. Kagome thought it was fitting, Inuyasha being like her own diamond in the rough, her homeless vagrant who was really a prince, not to mention the similarities between Jafar and Naraku, the lamp and the jewel. Inuyasha just thought Kagome looked amazing, and it took him a few seconds longer than appropriate to tear his eyes away from her chest.

She giggled.

He blushed.

“Feh...stupid holiday.” he grumbled, though when she offered him her hand as they headed out, he took it.