InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ The Pill ( Chapter 58 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N:

I would like to dedicate this especially silly addition to my good friend Knittingknots, as today is her birthday, and I just know she'll get a kick out of my twisted sense of humor here. Happy birthday, girl!



Genre(s): Romance
Rating: T
Warnings: Mild language. Vague mention of sexual situations
Word Count: 500





~ The Pill ~






Seeing Kagome by the river, Inuyasha approached. Something's been bothering her all evening.

“What's wrong?” he asked his...girlfriend? Mate?

Inuyasha thought back to when she'd bravely confessed her love, and he'd done the same. Naraku was still a threat, but he didn't regret a minute of their newfound closeness.

Sitting beside her, he was startled by her remorseful expression, her eyes puffy and red. She sniffled.

She's been crying?

“Inuyasha…” she started, sniffling again. “I’m sorry, I didn’t want you finding out…like this.”

“Find out what?”

I need to tell him, there's no hiding it ...

“Well…you know those vitamins I take?”

“Yeah…” he answered slowly.

Kagome had explained the need for 'vitamins' long ago. She needed more balanced nutrition than just ramen and fish. He'd never really understood, since Miroku and Sango seemed fine, but it was a cultural thing, he knew. Even in the future, he'd heard her mother say, 'Don't forget to take your vitamins.'

“I...well...” Wiping her eyes, Kagome confessed, “I was…taking another pill…besides just vitamins.”

Inuyasha blushed, looking away. She didn’t know he already knew. He'd come for her early once and overheard her and her mother discussing...certain things. He'd pretended he hadn't heard.

Unaware of his thoughts, Kagome continued.

“Know how I needed to go home a few days ago, but then, we had to help that village?”

“Yeah…”

What was this uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach?

“Well, I…sorta...ran out of this one pill I take…and-”

“What?!”


“I’m sorry!”

Now she really was crying.

“I didn’t think the effects would wear off this quickly!”

Taking a deep breath, she started sneezing, rubbing at her nose miserably.

Inuyasha didn't notice, his brain running around in circles screaming.

Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit

Sniffing in her direction, he didn't notice anything different, but if it'd only been a few days then he was sure it was only a matter of time. Time to be a man.

He gulped.

Tenderly, he put his hand on her shoulder, earning her full attention.

“No matter what, we'll get through this, together.”

She sniffled, eyes appreciative.

“Thanks...” She smiled. “I'll be fine once I can get more pills again.”

He nodded automatically, but then furrowed his brow, confused.

“Wait...what?”

She nodded.

“I'm sooooo sorry. I never wanted you to find out I'm allergic to dogs.”

“What?!”

She sniffled.

“Once I can get more antihistamine I'll be good as new, promise! After all we've faced together I'm not gonna let some stupid allergy keep us apart.”

That's the pill you ran out of?”

“What pill did you think I meant?” she asked, confused.

His face flamed.

“Uh...”

It took a minute, but then her eyes widened too, her already red face darkening to match his.

“Uh...I'll make sure I don't run out of those pills...until we're ready.”

“Please do.”