InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Surprise! ( Chapter 60 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): General
Rating: A
Warnings: None
Word Count: 500






~ Surprise! ~






Kagome stared at her old house nervously, her past-self having left for the last time two days ago. Her family had no idea Naraku was about to show himself, leading to the final battle, leading to his death, leading to purifying the jewel, leading to the well closing. They didn't know that in just three weeks their daughter would confess to Inuyasha that as sad as she was, she was glad she was trapped in the past with him instead of the future without him. Hell, her family had no idea that young Kagome had actually been planning on living in the past all along, regardless, although she had originally planned on finishing school first, for honor's sake, and saying a proper farewell.

They also didn't know that Inuyasha would confess in turn just how deeply he loved her, and how he wanted her not just for the rest of her life, but for the rest of his, explaining that there was a mate-bonding spell that would tie their souls together, making her age as he did...which was practically not at all.

For them, these events hadn't happened yet, but for her and the hanyou beside her they had happened five hundred years ago.

“It's late...let's just sneak in and tell them in the morning.”

Inuyasha smiled and nodded sportively. Silently, they entered her bedroom window and snuggled down to sleep.

The next morning Kagome was ready to face the music, heading downstairs with her mate, dressed in her old pajamas to soften the blow.

“Back so soon?” her mother asked, surprised. “When did you get home, dear?”

“Last night, I didn't want to wake anyone.”

“I'll set two more spots for breakfast.”

Following her mother into the kitchen, Kagome glanced Inuyasha's way and gripped his hand. He squeezed and nodded, his eyes loving.

“Mama...Inuyasha and I have something to tell you.”

Spotting the way the two held hands, Mrs. Higurasi's eyes widened before she squealed giddily like a woman half her age.

“You're together now?!” she finally asked.

“Yes, and-”

“Oh, this is fabulous! It's about time, you two.”

You have no idea... Kagome thought, unable to get a word in edgewise as her mother started talking about wanting grandbabies with Inuyasha's ears.

You have no idea... she mentally snickered.

Then she said they'd better have a proper wedding. Kagome smiled at the thought of renewing their vows with her family by her side.

Then her mother asked if she was going to school today.

“Sc-school?”

Inuyasha laughed. She glared at him.

“It's a little late for that...” she said hesitantly.

“Don't tell me you're already pregnant!”

“Not at the moment.”

“I could change that.”

“Inuyasha!”

“What? Just tell her.”

Mrs. Higurashi blinked. “Tell me what?”

Finding out how many grandchildren she already had, all of them adults, left her feeling dizzy. Then Jii-chan and Souta walked in.

“What'd we miss?”