InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by A Moment ❯ Chapter 10 Random Adventures ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hanging by A Moment

by Lor

::glomps readers:: Thanks sooo much for all the reviews!!! I've gotten reviews days after I had put up the last chapter too!! ::in great mood:: I'll try to make this chapter longer as a reward!

Thanks Fire Witch1, and crazytomboy1 for the great ideas for the chapter! Though they might now show up in this chapter....probably the next one or the one after that. When I started writing this I ended up getting side tracked with other ideas.....

Sorry it took so long to update, I've had like NO free time. And if you're also reading my other fic, Skull and Crossbones, well that should be updated within the next two weeks. And Not Forever, ummm well, I'm probably going to work on that after I write the next chap for Skull. I think I have too many things going at once.... ::shrugs:: oh well.

Remember to R&R! (more reviews the sooner I'll get to writing)

' .... ' thoughts

" ..... " dialogue

~ ...... ~ flashback or dream sequence

Votes (includes people voting on more then one thing):

Mini Golf- 5

Group Shower- 6

Shopping Trip- 3

Beat up Kouga- 7

Swimming- 17

Go to a club- 7

Chapter 10

Random Adventures

~*~*~*~*~*~

(Re-cap)

"So what now?" Sango said leaning back in her chair. After the basement had gotten cleaned up, the group had scarfed down the pancakes Mrs. Higurashi had made. They were now spread out around the kitchen finishing the last of their breakfast, or well brunch since it was already eleven. "How bout mini golf?" "Group shower!" "Shopping trip!" "Beat the shit out of that baka wolf." "Swimming?" "Hit some clubs?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Yash leaned back in his chair not totally paying attention on the conversation around him. `What's with her?' he thought to himself as he looked over at Kagome. She seemed to be doing everything possible to not look directly at him. Kagome took a sip of her orange juice and glanced around, her eyes ended up on his. A blush quickly appeared on her cheeks as she looked away.

A few minutes passed everyone was lost in their own little worlds. Roru had moved from her seat and was now sitting on Akio's lap, her head softly rested on his left shoulder. Her hair gently drifted over the two, letting them hide away from the realm around them. Sango was twirling her fork around in a pile of sticky maple syrup while she ignored Miroku who sat beside her. Lecher boy was tempted to grope her but held his control content with just looking at her body for the moment before his eye lids closed. The Inu Youkai of the group was sitting at the head of the table reading the comics from the newspaper while Rin attempted to peak over his shoulder. Yash shook his head slightly as he watched them, as a neutral party he could tell something was brewing between the two. He glanced at the other side of the room to see that Shippo was sitting on the edge of the counter staring out into space, another minute passed before he began to whistle.

"Will you stop that!? You're ruing my metal picture!" Miroku yelled at Shippo. Kagome and Sango turned and looked at him, glaring. "Oh and what could that possibly be?" Sango asked sweetly. Miroku's expression quickly changed completely from a horny lech to a deer in the head lights, "Uhhhhhh......." BAM! Sango grumbled as she glared daggers at the now unconscious hentai. Sesshomaru looked up from the comic section of the paper, "What is wrong with that...." "Thing?" Sango finished grumbling, as she easily knew what Miroku had been picturing in that perverted mind of his. "He's always been like that," Shippo chirped from his spot, "he used to run around the neighborhood, during the summer, to spy on girls sunbathing or whatnot." "Sounds like he still would do that," Kagome commented with a huff. Shippo nodded a smile on his face, "But he started doing that when he was seven, so the neighbors used to think it was adorable." Kagome's eyes went wide, "Seven?!" Yash shook his head with an odd laughing smile on his face, "you're honestly surprised?" he asked looking at her.

Kagome shook her head quickly and looked away, a small blush rose once again in her cheeks. `What is with her?' Yash thought to himself as the argument of what to do that day began again. `That's the second time she's adverted her eyes from me and blushing....something is up.'

"Why can't we play mini golf?" Rin whined from her spot next to Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru merely rolled his eyes, thinking Rin's question didn't deserve a response. "Mini golf is so....so...." Shippo paused as he tried to think of a word to use. "Seventh grade?" Sango finished believing her answer fit perfectly. "I still say we should go shopping," Kagome said, the blush had finally disappeared from her face. Miroku sat up and blinked rapidly, "What happened to all the lingerie models?" he asked looking around the room; his eyes were slightly out of focus. Sango grumbled and moved to hit him over the head with the pancake skillet. "Ahhhhh! No!!!" he screamed as he ran to the opposite side of the kitchen to get far away from Sango. Miroku came to a halt in the corner behind Sesshomaru; he sat down on the floor cowering. "HAHAHAHA HAHAHA!" Shippo burst out laughing as he pointed at the petrified lecher. Shippo laughed so hard he fell off the counter to hit the floor with a loud thump.

"Het's just go to the mall and figure out what to do from there," Kagome suggested after Shippo's laughter had subsided. "The mall?" Sesshomaru said as he raised an eyebrow raised. Roru broke out into a huge smile and practically bounced out of Akio's lap, "Mall!! Us girls will go get cleaned up and we'll meet you guys at the mall in two hours?" Akio looked at her, "Two hours?" a look of shock on his face. "What?" "Why in the hell would you need two hours to get cleaned up?!" Yash said, already knowing the answer that was destined to be said. "Chick thing," Miroku answered as he got up from his cowering spot. "We want to get showers duh," Roru rolled her eyes. "Then of course change into different clothes," Rin answered as she had moved to stand beside Roru. "Shower....." Miroku whispered to himself a lecherous smile slowly began to appear on his face as he looked from Sango to Roru, which earned himself a death glare from Akio, then he looked at Rin before his eyes finally landed on Kagome. "Don't look at her like that!" Yash yelled at Miroku moving to block Kagome from the lecherous teen's sight. Kagome's eyes widened slightly, "Yash?" she said quietly.

He didn't respond but grabbed Miroku and threw him into the front hall. Shippo shook his head as he moved towards the front all after Miroku, "Guess we'll see ya later," he said as he disappeared from view. Sesshomaru pushed back his chair from the table and stood, "We shall meet you at twelve thirty in front of the pet store." With that he left the house followed by Yash, Miroku and Shippo.

The girls exchanged shocked looks, their eyes showed how strange they found Sesshomaru's statement. "The pet store?" Rin said as she struggled to hold back laughter. "Well...he is an Inu Youkai," Roru said with a laugh, "He must like to visit the dogs at the store!" "Come on we have to go figure out what we're going to wear...not the mention who gets the bathroom first," she said as she moved towards the stairs, "Now we only have an hour and a half!" "I call first shower!" Kagome yelled as she ran up the stairs after her cousin, closely followed by Sango and Rin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"That is totally kawaii!" Rin squealed as she sat cross legged on Kagome's bed. She was going through an old photo album that she had found under the bed when she had searched for one of Kagome's shoes to wear. She had the album opened to a page of pictures taken when Kagome appeared to be about six years old. Roru walked into the room wearing a pink terry cloth bathrobe while drying her hair with a fluffy pale blue towel. "What's kawaii?" "This!" Rin held up the album and pointed to the picture that had been placed in the bottom left corner of the right page. Roru dropped her towel in surprise and quickly grabbed the album away from her friend. "What is it?" Roru didn't answer but the thought, `How is this possible?' kept passing through her mind as she looked at the picture with disbelief.

In the picture Rin had dubbed totally kawaii, there were two young children both had raven hair and adorable smiles. One of the children was obviously Kagome, in the picture she was wearing denim overalls with a pink t-shirt and white sneakers, and her hair was back in low pony tails. But was strange to Roru was that in the picture Kagome was holding hands with a young boy, who couldn't have been then a year or two older then her. He had striking deep violet eyes, his waist long raven hair kept loose. In the backdrop behind them was a small old wooden shrine building. It was very similar to one of the newer shrines that were built on the Higurashi property.

Rin grumbled impatiently, "Are you going to tell me or not?" Roru blinked and looked away from the picture, "This doesn't make any sense." "Huh?" A confused looked appeared on Rin's face. "The picture....the boy with Kagome in the picture is Yash." Rin's eyes went wide, "But how...that's not a hanyou beside her in that picture. The boy there is human." Roru looked back at the picture, a few chunks of her wet hair softly brushed over the plastic covered pictures, "Trust me that is definitely him. But the weird thing is Kagome never met Yash until a few days ago." "But the human thing...." "You know about the spell youkai can use to appear human, right? Well, he used the spell when he was younger." "Alright…but that still doesn't make sense," Rin said content with Roru's human Yash explanation, "But Yash does look totally kawaii as a seven year old." "Huh?" Roru looked up at Rin from examining the photograph, "How do you know he's seven in the picture?" Rin rolled her eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "Look at the date on the back." "Okay so it was really obvious..." Roru pulled the picture from its slot of the album and turned it over so she could see the date on the back, April 16th, 1992. "The sixth?" she shook her head. "How can things keep getting weirder and weirder? That's the day Oji-san Ryota died," Roru said softly as she placed the photo back in its spot.

Not a minute later Kagome entered the room wearing a short black skirt, a dark pink shirt with a plunging v-neck with strapped black heeled sandals. "Why are you just sitting there?!" Kagome exclaimed as Rin pushed the photo album out of sight, "We have to meet the guys in a half hour! Rin the shower is free, Sango just got out." Rin nodded as she moved from her spot on Kagome's bed and left the room. "What were you two talking about?" Kagome asked as she grabbed a hair brush from her dresser. "Kags, when was the first time you met Yash?" Roru asked from her perch on her cousin's bed. "Huh? You were there moron. I met him three days ago…why?" Kagome responded suspecting something unusual to come from her cousin's mouth. An innocent look appeared on Roru's face, "Oh nothing…" Kags sighed knowing that she wasn't going to get an answer from Roru any time soon. "Meet you downstairs," Roru said as she left to go to her own room to get dressed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A half hour later in another section of Tokyo, Yash stood banging on a door, "Hurry up! Your hair doesn't need to be perfect," he said angrily as she slammed another fist against the door he was standing beside. "Is he ready yet?" Akio asked walking down the pale tan Berber carpet towards the hanyou. Akio was ready to leave dressed in a pair of baggy faded blue jeans, an oversized deep green shirt with black Vans. "The yarou takes too damn long! He's obsessed with his hair," Yash grumbled leaning against the wall as he crossed his arms, slipping his hands into the end of the opposite sleeve of his oversized red shirt. Akio ran a hand through his hair brushing it back from his face, "if the girls get pissed it's his fault." The door suddenly opened the smell of hair gel and hair spray seeped into the hallway, "Alright I'm ready," Shippo said as she stepped out of the bathroom. Akio and Yash exchanged an annoyed eye roll and walked away leaving a confused, perfect haired kitsune behind, "What?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Where are they?!" Roru said, anger seeping into her voice. She leaned against the outer wall of the pet store watching people walk past. She brushed her hair behind her right shoulder. Roru wore long, baggy khaki cargo pants. Along with a midnight blue midriff shirt, that had three quarter length sleeves with heeled black leather boots. Nearby, Sango sat on a wooden bench drinking a diet Pepsi she had bought from one of the stands in the mall. She tapped her foot on the ground, annoyed from the waiting. A soft clicking could be heard when the heel of her tan heeled boot tapped on the stone colored tile. "And they thought we were the ones that were going to take forever," Rin grumbled with a huff as she watched the nearby mall doors for any sign of them.

Another fifteen minutes passed, the guys were now officially twenty minutes late. "Screw this lets just..." Sango stopped in the middle of her sentence when she noticed the silver hair of Sesshomaru and Yash approaching. Roru looked up when Sango had stopped talking, "Took them long enough," she said with a grumble. The guys seemed to be able to sense the anger and annoyance radiating off the girls. "Uh...we're here?!" Akio said she he walked to stand beside Roru. When she glared at him, he took a step back away from her. "It's obvious that you're here now." Rin crossed her arms across her chest, "The question is; where were you twenty minutes ago!" "Shippo's fault," Akio said in attempt to get Roru to stop glaring at him. "Sounds like a great excuse to me," Kagome said her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Baka kitsune had to have his hair perfect," Yash grumbled as he crossed his arms to slip his hands into the opposite sleeve of his shirt. The girls turned their glares at Shippo who slowly backed away to hide behind Sesshomaru.

With the evil glaring out of their systems the girls all simultaneously smiled frightening the guys. "What are you thinking....?" Miroku asked weary of what was passing through the female minds. "What?" Sango said innocently, "We're only planning on going shopping." "Shopping?" Miroku groaned. His six-year old sister took awhile shipping, `Kami knows this will take FOREVER!' "No shopping!" Akio said, "Not fair to torment us guys." Roru pouted and steeped to stand in front of him, "But if we're going swimming, us girls wanted to get net swim suits for you guys." Kagome tried not to smile knowing where Roru was going with it, "I guess if you don't want us to look cute for you guys we can just...."

The guys exchanged glances, for they knew the styles of swim suits the girls might choose. Miroku nearly began to drool as he imagined it in his lecherous mind. "Fine." Roru burst into a wide smile and hugged Akio, "Thank-you! See you in an hour!" Meet you in the food court!" Rin yelled back as the girls rushed off.

"What was the point of meeting them here if they just split the group again?" Sesshomaru said watching Rin as she disappeared into the crowd. "Woot! Sess is checking Rin out!" Miroku cheered earning himself a large bump on his head. Yash and Akio looked at each other ignoring the howls of pain from the pervert, "Food court?" "Food court."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Why are we here? Kouga turned and glared, " I must find a gift for Lady Kagome, to win her heart!" His friends, Tiko and Kiwaru, exchanged a look that showed simply that they thought Kouga had lost it. The wolf youkai walked in a group, the other people in the mall walked around them, allowing them a pathway.

Kouga and his friends were known around the city as the Ookami Pack. The humans never understood the name thinking they were just teenage punks looking for a fight. The youkai in the city, for the most part knew of the reason, Kouga was prince of the Ookami tribe and a powerful leader at that.

"Where are we heading?" Tiko asked as he followed just behind and to the left of Kouga. "To the food court, then to find Lady Kagome a gift."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The girls easily got through the crowded mall with experienced ease. They were headed to one of their favorite stores in the mall, Frozen. They slowed quickly with a screech of their heels, with caused the people around them to cringe. In front of them was a store with fake frosted windows, which looked real, and the outside was painted icicle blue. The name above the icicle doors was Frozen, which appeared to be written in ice. "Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping," Kagome repeated over and over in annoyance to the others. "Oh be quiet already!" Sango said as she led the way inside. All kinds of clothes surrounded them, form winder causal to summer chic.

"Hey!" a teenage girl walked over to them, a smile on her face. "Hey, Emi! Ya working today?" Kagome asked the somewhat short girl in front of her. "Yeah, I get off at four though," Emi replied as she brushed her red hair back from her face. "Saw Jenny the other day, she was totally out of it," Roru said with a laugh. "At the video store?" Roru nodded in response. "She was working on her Hayden shrine again. Don't know why she bothers. Jenny's won't ever be as large as mine." Sango and Rin exchanged a look mouthing the word shrine, the look of pure confusion and fright. Roru and Kagome laughed, "How big is it now?" Kagome asked interested. "Only takes up most of my bedroom," Emi replied with a huge proud smile.

A man walked into the store from the back room. "Are those customers or your friends wasting time and my money!?" the man yelled at Emi. "Customers! They were just asking me...." She looked at Kagome for an answer. "Where the new swim suits are," Kagome finished for her. "Errr," Emi's boss grumbled as he grabbed an empty box near the register, and carried it into the back room. As he disappeared from view Emi said in a loud voice, "The new ones are over there. Let me show you some." Rin was trying really hard not to burst out laughing at Emi's attempt to prove she was actually working.

"What do ya'll need them for?" Emi asked as she led them to a section towards the back of the store towards the right side. "We're going swimming with some guys," Rin replied, her amused laughter under was finally under control. Emi smiled and got a small sparkle in her eyes, "With some guys? Fun...." Kagome's eyes went wide, "not like that you pervert!" Which caused Roru to explode into laughter. "It's just some friends and Akio." "And Akio?" Emi said, an eyebrow raised with a laughing smile gracing her lips. Sango had been going through a rack of one piece suits, now she stopped and looked over, "What don't want anyone to know he's your boyfriend?" She said with a teasing smile. A very faint blush blew across Roru's cheeks, "We aren't officially together....he hasn't even kissed me yet." "You two were so cuddly together last night..." Kagome said goating her on. "I could say the same thing bout you and Yash," Roru said turning the tide on her cousin. Kagome's face turned a deep red, "Let's just shop." Emi laughed, "I know the perfect things for ya'll." She handed each girl a swim suit, and shoved them each into a separate dressing room, before they even had a chance to complain.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This chapter isn't even done yet! There's lots more coming! I just split up what I had written into one chapter to multiple since it turned out so long. HEHE Ummm right now for everything for the quote "chapter 10" is fourteen hand written pages, and I write REALLY small. Tehehe, Too much odd inspiration in Drivers Ed. Oops did I just say I write fan fics in drivers ed instead of paying attention? Oh well, that class ends in a few days anyway. Ranting, That I am! Anyway, I want to add some more to what I have written of the rest of this stuff, but then I love where it cuts off so... ::shrug:: You'll probably see another update within the next two weeks. `specially since I start ummm what's it called? ::scratches head:: oh yeah! Study hall! I start study hall on Wednesday. So with luck....slightly more frequent updates! ::laughs:: Actually I have no clue. Most of my out of school free time is taken up by projects by my EVIL history teacher. She's not that bad `cept for all the work she assigns! Anyway...I should go it's almost 1:30 am and I have to be at work by 11 am.....so off I go! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

-Lor