InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heart Healed Over ❯ Returning Home ( Chapter 45 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Okay work has forced this hand. Anyway, enjoy the hell that has now enveloped my mind thanks to Rumiko Takahshi. And I thought a happy chapter was needed right now.
“Blackbird” is a song by the beatles from one of their most popular albums “The White Album.”
Chapter 45
“By the gods, what makes you do one of these on a daily basis.” Sesshomaru spoke through the metal grating that was the mask of his mate’s Taijiya friend. Breathing deeply, Sesshomaru undid the diaper, nearly puking as the stench of his daughter’s latest gift of excrement wafted through the air. Pulling the device down, as he lifted his daughters legs Sesshomaru was glad that the only person there to see this was Seiya. He had attempted to force the human to clean the baby up, but as he was going over a bunch of insurance papers before going to his rehab.
Sesshomaru’s legs had healed well enough after a few days of Kagome’s help, which he thanked her for but told her never to speak of it. Seiya, however needed a bit more work as he hadn’t been able to use his leg without assistance for months, along with his hand needing a bit more work. Granted the human could write, yet for certain movements he needed a bit of work to get the hand to not as he put it, “spaz out,” when he tilted it back a bit.
As he was about to start wiping, Sesshomaru heard his mate’s cane hitting the ground as he walked over to the two. Giving his mate a small kiss on the cheek and smirking at his daughters, what he hoped was a curious look, Seiya softly said, “I’ll be back in a few hours. And when I get back I’ll change her the next few times.” The human received a kiss back as he began to head out the door. When he opened the door, Seiya jumped back out of surprise. “He’s in the room guys. Glad to see that well five hundred years has kept you two looking your best.”
After his mate said this, the demon removed the mask to be met by two familiar scents. The demon couldn’t believe that he was about to have two important visitors while his hands were covered in infant dung. His mate waved goodbye, and once he was gone familiar black haired wolf and a blue haired panther come through the door. Once they saw the sight of the dog lord changing a diaper the two began to hide laughs as Sesshomaru finished wiping her saying, “You’ve done it yourselves, so do not think you can get away with any snide comments.”
Brushing his hair back, Kouga said, “Don’t worry about any us saying a word. Beside in five hundred years, I’ve matured quite a bit. If that’s at all possible.” Receiving a smack from the Panther Deva, Kouga bared his fangs before saying, “We heard about you guys from the whole demon and human news networks.” Dropping a present on the small dresser, Kouga retreated to a chair saying, “AYame picked it out. And just so you know we have four pups and a couple of grandchildren.”’
Setting her own present down, Koura leaned against a back wall saying, “I myself have mated with a strong Panther youkai and have a few cubs myself.” When the demon lord didn’t acknowledge them, Koura smiled saying, “Your daughter is lucky to have survived. Something like that would have killed most babies. I’m sorry that you had to wake up with her cut out of you instead of going through it the way you should have.”
Putting a few dashes of powder on the now cleaned area, Sesshomaru wrapped his daughter up in a diaper and cradled her in his arm as she yawned staring at the demoness in front of her. “She is a fine daughter and hopefully a more than worthy heir.” The demon lord growled at the comment made by the panther. He knew that her words were honest, yet he could hear a hint of mocking in his allies voice. Staring over at the wolf, the panther asked, “Do you really have to eat that in here?”
The demon dropped his feet from their place on the small table and grinned mockingly as he bit into a sandwich. Sniffing deeply, the demon lord smelt the scent of a demonic fish. Although it had an excellent taste, it smelled like the rotting carcass of a boar stuffed with broken rotten eggs. The smell had been masked by a cloth the demon was using, but now that it was uncovered it made Sesshomaru want to vomit. The demon was going to scold the wolf to put the sandwich away when Khilu started letting out loud cries.
She had just been fed, burped, and changed so it could only have been one thing. Growling loudly Sesshomaru hissed, “Put that disgusting concoction away you ignorant wolf. You’re making my daughter upset.” Wrapping it back in it’s case out of both fear of a beating and not wanting to hear the child’s cries, Kouga stuffed it back into a small bag he had with him. When he looked back over, the wolf saw the dog demon hold his daughter to his shoulder whispering, “I promise you can kill him when you are older. For now that foul piece of fish won’t hurt you anymore.”
The baby calmed after a minute and Sesshomaru put her back in the crook of his arm about to shoot his whip out when a voice shouted, “Seshsesh.” He groaned at the sound of his mate’s brother but welcomed the boy onto the bed as Robert apologized for the intrusion. Waving it away, Sesshomaru let the human boy rub his child’s hair as Robert looked in surprise at the sight of the two demons.
The Inu-youkai was going to introduce them when Robert bowed before giving Koura a hug. If that wasn’t shocking enough, Sesshomaru was amazed that Koura returned the hug saying, “Robert, glad to see that you’re alive. And with a gorgeous granddaughter no less.” The human male scratched his head saying that Seiya was lucky she took after his mother’s side of the family. Laughing the leader of the Panther Tribe said, “Well at least she won’t have to look like you one of these days.”
Punching the demoness, Robert smugly said, “Well, I only looked like that because you managed to screw me out of more money on our partnership.” The demoness said that the point of business was to fuck the other person over before they could do the same to you. Laughing loudly Robert said, “Yeah you demons are better at that than humans. Who’s this guy by the way?” Without looking, Sesshomaru knew that he was pointing to Kouga, yet his attention was more focused on his daughter and her uncle rather than her grandfather.
As Robert was introduced to Kouga, Sesshomaru watched as Yari gently stroked the soft features of his daughter. His instincts told him that Yari was to be trusted, yet his logical thought knew that because of his age the boy may do something to hurt her on accident. The newborn squinted as the human gently stroked her cheek and she reached out weakly and squeezed his hand as he asked, “Name?”
Raising an eyebrow, Sesshomaru saw that the baby was fine and he was a bit surprised at how quickly the boy learned words. Save for the constant massacre of his name, the demon was glad that the boy didn’t poke her eye or pinch her out of spite. Keeping his eyes locked on the human boy, Sesshomaru said in his low voice, “Her name is Khiluial and she’s your niece.” The boy tried to say the name and asked for her it again. Sesshomaru sighed and said, “Khiluial.”
Scrunching his nose, the boy pulled his finger away and smiled as he said, “Lulu!” Groaning at another annoying nickname for a person in his family, Sesshomaru looked to his father in law giving the “get him out of here,” look. Picking the boy up Robert introduced him to the two demons when out of nowhere INuyasha poked his head in, much to Sesshomaru’s dismay.
All the demon wanted was some peace and quiet yet all this intruders were making him incredibly agitated. Inuyasha knew that his brother was annoyed by his presence but the sight of his rival caused the hanyou to shout, “Why the hell are you disgracing my niece with your presence, wolf?”
The scent of an imposing battle filled the nostrils of all the demons as Kouga stood up with claws bared.
Robert and Koura decided it best to leave the two alone as they began their battle of wills. The scent of bloodlust blocked out all other scents in the room. Sesshomaru was content to let the two of them kill each other, yet as they were about to begin Khilu’s cries rang through out the room. Stepping down, Inuyasha glared at the wolf as he said, “Get out of here and we can finish this some other time. I’ll be sure to give your past self a kick in the ass when I get back home.” Kouga groaned at the fact he may end up with another altered memory about a meeting with Inuyasha as he left the room with a slight nod to the demon lord.
When his child was calm Sesshomaru placed her in her basket and slammed his brother against the wall baring his fangs. “If you so much as cause that child any more hardship as she grows I will personally make sure your pups will have just as many problems during their infant days.” Inuyasha thought he could push his brother away easily, but the demon had regained most of his strength so the two were at a stalemate.
Letting out a sigh, Inuyasha gripped his claws into his brother’s wrist saying, “Fine, I will be on my best behavior around the kid. But I have a message for you from Kagome, so let go of me or I’ll snap your arm.” Not wanting another injury in such a short amount of time, Sesshomaru released the half breed and walked back to his bed. Rubbing his neck a bit from where his brother had gripped him, Inuyasha muttered something about Sesshomaru being an ass before saying, “According to the doctors you and Seiya can go home in a few days. Khilu’s tests are fine, and I’m sure you want to take her back home and tuck her into that nice bed of hers before jumping back in the sack with you mate.”
Looking up from his papers that Koura had sent back with Inuyasha, Sesshomaru curled a lip saying, “Well if you are so eager perhaps my mate can use that recording device so you can get a few good ideas on how to keep your mate satisfied.” The half breed began to launch an attack when he stopped due to the baby being close to the bed. Smiling, Sesshomaru went back to writing a letter as he said, “I can’t blame you for stopping as I would have done the same if your child was near you.” Setting his pen aside, Sesshomaru looked up at his brother with an unusually soft look. It frightened Inuyasha, to see his brother look that way, but what Sesshomaru said justified the look.
“You keep my children out of harm and I shall do the same for you. Other than that our relationship is going to remain the way it always has.” Cracking his knuckles, Inuyasha said that was good enough for him before leaving the room. Glancing over at his daughter, Sesshomaru pulled the blanket under her chin as the child slept soundly in her bed. Leaning in he gave her a small nuzzle before saying, “You will be home soon Little Blackbird.”
Hospital Physical therapy room
Grunting loudly, Seiya dropped into a chair and wiped the sweat from his head before laying back reveling in the triumph he had just earned. He had walked on his own without any help for over an hour. Despite the strain it put on his leg, the physical therapist stated his awe at the vast improvement saying, “All I can say is nobody has recovered from a surgery like that in so short a time. But then again you and that wife of yours are an odd pair.”
Seiya just laughed to himself at the private joke. The whole staff, save for the surgeons, were led to believe that Sesshomaru was his wife. Seiya gulped down his juice and said breathlessly, “Well she’s more stubborn than anyone I’ve ever met.” The therapist asked Seiya if he’d like the his wheel chair. Shaking his head, the young man got to his stayed in his chair saying he’d rest for a few minutes before heading back up to the room
The trainer left him alone and Seiya soon got up and limped his way up to the room. Luckily the limp was the only side affect of all his surgeries. Save for a few bruises from his ribs healing and the occasional bothering of his shoulder, Seiya was doing well. Sesshomaru’s body had healed in just a week. Since he was taken off the IVS his body was able to do it’s usual healing all on it’s own. Once his body had healed all that remained was his mind.
Three weeks after the surgeries, Sesshomaru was still waking up from night sweats and jumped every time he heard a cars tires squeal on the asphalt. The baby slept soundly through her father’s nightly fits, and she just let out small little whining grunts as he held and kissed her softly singing a lullaby to her as she slept. Seiya heard the song nightly, Sesshomaru’s mind was connected to his in a way that only those mated to demon’s knew about. So when something mentally draining woke the demon, it had the same effect on his human mate.
Sesshomaru didn’t pay much mind to Seiya as he held their child when he woke up in that manner. Hell, it took a good amount of will power for either of them to let go of her to let someone from their family hold her. Yet, it was the healthy thing for them to do. Too much coddling and she’d become dependent on them for every little thing. A lot of people were defending their overprotective nature, yet they still gave her to others when they wanted to hold her. Sesshomaru though watched her with the usual protective nature of a canine “mother.”
Heading into the elevator, Seiya hit the button for the fourth floor and once their he made a bee line for his and Sesshomaru’s room to find the demon putting away all of his work. Looking up the demon said, “We can go home in two days time so I already started packing.” Staring at the corner, Seiya saw two large duffle bags near the door save for two days worth of clothes and undergarments on the small dresser.
Kissing his mates crescent moon mark, Seiya went to the small bed and picked up his daughter shushing her as she made a small cry at being picked up while sleeping. Kissing her head he cradled her and sat next to the window and began softly singing to her. It wasn’t really a lullaby , but it fit with the circumstances under which she was born. A car accident that could have killed her and her parents and save for a couple of days in an N.I.C.U bed, Khilu was alive and healthy. So he and Sesshomaru called her their “Little Blackbird,” in honor of The Beatles song that Seiya hummed to her every night as she grew inside of Sesshomaru and every night after she woke up.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night.
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.
As he finished the lullaby, Seiya kissed her and covered her face with the blanket and looked to his mate seeing that the demon had gone to sleep in his hospital bed. Turning the television on, Seiya rocked the child back and forth as he chuckled at some of the things showing up on the screen. The baby slept throughout the night and only cried once. It was for feeding and Seiya gave her to Sesshomaru before heading into the bathroom. He knew it was natural, for demon males who’ve given birth, to breast feed. But that didn’t mean he had to watch it.
Fifteen minutes later, Seiya found Sesshomaru back in his bed sleeping while Khilu was in her own little bed sucking on her wrist as she laid out in her bed. Climbing into his own bed, Seiya curled up and fell into a deep sleep. He dreamt that night about what the future may bring for him and his family. Whether they’d have more kids, or Rin and Khilu would be it. Either way he’d be content with his life and love watching them grow and have children and raise families, he just hoped he would live long enough to see them get that far with all the enemies they’d made.
Four days later, Seiya was standing there putting a clean tee-shirt on of Cartman saying his patented “Respect my authority!” line. Once it was on the sound of the a door opening hit his ears and Kagome came in dressed for work. She gave him a pat on the back before saying, “Just one last check up and she should be good to go home and get settled into her new home.” Gingerly picking the baby up, Kagome went over to the small examination table and began weighing the child.
Khilu cried at the cold feeling of the scale forcing kagome to gently rub hair as she checked the scale. “Good lord you’re a big eater.” Kagome exclaimed as she saw what the scale read. Grinning at Sesshomaru, who had just come in from getting Seiya a drink, Kagome said, “Well she was born big, so I guess her being over ten pounds is a good weight giving her starting weight. And she needs her ‘mom’ to change her.”
Glaring at the nurse for making that statement, Sesshomaru smelt that his daughter was wet and went about changing her as Ruger came in. “The car is ready whenever you guys are. Don’t worry we’ll be leaving you once we get to the house so you don’t have to worry about us dogging your every step.” Seiya thanked the mercenary before heading into the bathroom leaving Sesshomaru alone with Kagome.
Peeking over the shoulder of the demon, Kagome was a bit surprised to see the demon smiling down at the blank faced baby. His hands were swift and gentle and he muttered something in a language in that Kagome didn’t understand. She figured it was some forgotten language before she asked, “When did you become such a gentle parent?” The demon growled at her forcing her back saying shakily, “I meant that it’s nice to see one of your family has a gentle side. I expect Inuyasha isn’t going to be as tender as you are.”
Dressing the child in one of her footed outfits, Sesshomaru buttoned her up saying cooly, “My brother is rash and doesn’t have the ability to think things through.” Lifting her up he put his daughter in a blanket before turning to the nurse. “I however was at least taught patience and level headedness. Granted he lost our father and his mother young, but after I heard about his mother I had no hopes of him being able to actually have some amount of patience.”
Kagome shrugged heavily as she said, “I can’t say I blame you. Nearly ten years of knowing him and he’s still the same head strong, stubborn jack ass he’s always been.” At that moment Seiya made a comment from the door of the bathroom about being a perfect gentleman. Kagome hit his arm saying, “I was talking about my husband you dolt.” Sticking her tongue out at her friend, Kagome turned on her heel in order to walk out the door saying, “I’m going back to work. Now get out of my hospital.”
Picking up his bag, Seiya tugged his mates hair as saying, “Let’s get going. I want to get back home and sleep in our own bed.” He said this with a wink as he asked for Ruger to come in and help with the other bag. The mercenary did so happily, saying that the bag wasn’t even heavy. Seiya attempted to kick at him, but fear of his leg giving out halted his effort. At the check out desk, SEiya signed his family out and soon they were in the back of a nice, used luxury car heading for their home.
Staring out the window, Seiya felt absolute freedom course throughout both his and Sesshomaru’s bodies. They’d been stuck in that hospital for over a month and were now heading back home to see Tater and what the baby’s room looked like after so much neglect. Rin had called to say that she was going back through the well for a few days to tell Isayu that Khilu was born and make sure that Jaken and Ah-Un were okay. According to INuyasha the past version of Koura accompanied the girl to the palace and since that time nothing was heard from Rin.
Sesshomaru and Seiya were worried about the girl’s safety, yet Koura’s presence had them feeling that nothing was going to keep her from being safe and getting to the palace in one piece. Still the two of them couldn’t help but worry. Actually Seiya was the one doing all the worrying since Sesshomaru’s tension seemed to be filtering into their daughter as he held her during the car ride.
The human put his hand on the demon’s arm as they came to a familiar intersection. Three weeks ago they’d passed under the light across from them only to get slammed into a parked car and nearly killed. Both passengers gave the mercenary a cold glare. Feeling the icy air from his charges, Ruger looked over his shoulder saying, “I know what this place is. Problem is that everywhere else would cause us to be wait in traffic for a couple of hours to get to your home. Maybe longer, so bare with me as we get through this.”
Sending his energy at the human, Sesshomaru smirked as the rearview mirror cracked from his anger. Cursing the demon for damaging his car, Ruger went through the light without any harm done before taking a left at the next one to head in the direction of the pairs house. He’d grown to like the two of them as much as a jack of all trades could like an employer. The thirty-eight year old had made it a point to never grow attached to anyone he was hired to guard. But, being a friend of a priest/assassin/diplomat, he’d broken the rules a few times.
The grizzled warrior had met a lot of demons like Sesshomaru, in fact he’d been watching the door when the wolf and panther demons went in and caused that ruckus. Ruger had been left alone since Piston had to make sure the house was secure against any invaders. Jessy still hadn’t shown up, yet he’d contacted his friends to say he’d take over for them once he got his charges to the house.
Sesshomaru’s hand continued to shake as he held the child causing Khilu to grunt in displeasure and begin choking out cries. Rubbing gentle circles along her back, Sesshomaru quieted the child just as they began to pull into the driveway. Opening the door, Sesshomaru was met with a yapping Tater. Growling at the dog for making his daughter cry, the demon remained stationary as the beast sat on his butt whining for being scolded for wanting to meet the baby.
Sensing the dog’s anxiousness, Sesshomaru knelt down as Seiya set the bags down on the ground. Uncovering his daughter, the demon lord let the dog sniff the baby. Giving her a slight lick, the dog soon backed away and began sneezing and wiping his nose. Paying close attention to the dogs grunts, the demon said to his mate, “He thinks she smells a bit funny which is why his nose started to act up. I guess a newborn half-breed is too much for him to handle.”
The Bulldog ran into the house barking up a storm causing Rin to peek out the window and smile as she ran out the door to greet her parents. Giving Seiya a tight hug around the neck, the teenager carefully asked, “Father, may I take Khilu into the house?” Looking at her skeptically, Sesshomaru handed the child to her sister before grabbing a bag. Kissing the little one softly, while receiving a small cry as thanks. Rin smiled saying, “I’m sorry I left, but I just thought you might like m to make sure that everything was being handled back home.”
Patting the girls head, Sesshomaru thanked the mercenary gingerly. Nodding curtly, the man backed out of the driveway, leaving the family to go into the house. Shifting the bag on his shoulder, the recently thinned out demon muttered, “Finally no people to annoy me.” Opening the door, Sesshomaru could have transformed as the family met with a loud shout welcoming them home while scaring the hell out of the baby.
Realizing their mistake, Kagome stepped forward scratching her head saying, “Ummm, sorry that we did this. But, don’t get mad at Rin or Sei since they didn’t know.” Looking over her shoulder, Kagome pointed at Asami before saying, “My mom decided it’d be a good idea to have a welcome home party and to sort of finish off Souta’s birthday party.” The teenager raised a soda lazily as Asami beamed in her usual manner.
Knowing that he couldn’t get mad at the woman, Sesshomaru went upstairs to put his bag away, followed closely by Seiya who told Rin to make sure Khilu was kept quiet. Saluting her old man, Rin set the baby into her new playpen. The family was careful to not overcrowd the child. For some reason, Sesshomaru and those who had traveled with his brother noticed that Khilu was overly sensitive to how other people subconsciously felt.
Rubbing her sister’s belly, Rin nearly jumped as Shippou appeared next to her and gave a heavy sniff as he said, “Well she certainly smells like those two. Not to mention looks quite a bit like Sei. Any idea why her hair is black instead of white or blonde?” Rin stopped her stroking as her chosen asked about her sisters hair. The fox set his drink down saying, “I guess it has to do with that stuff they call ‘genetics’ that supposedly control how you look.”
The noise of the party stopped as a slightly loud roar from the upstairs shook up the house. When it was silenced, the muffled voice of Seiya was heard through the walls attempting to calm the demon down. Rin reached down to scoop up a screaming Khilu. Patting the baby’s butt gently, Rin whispered that nothing bad was happening. The baby continued to cry a occasionally at some of the noise the adults were making, yet nothing happened that upset the child anymore as she was soon staring up at the face of her uncle who let her tangle her small hand in his bangs. Smirking at the slight bit of strength in her tiny body, Inuyasha kissed her head as he whispered, “When he trains you be sure to kick his ass when you get old enough.”
Upstair there wasn’t much of a party atmosphere being generated from the couple of the hour.
Sesshomaru was pulling one of Seiya’s ratty tee-shirts on as he said, “Why in the name of the gods could we not come home and rest before they decided to invade this house?” Seiya said that he knew how the demon felt and that they’d leave once they knew they weren’t wanted. Stopping his dressing the angered male hissed, “I do not mind them visiting in small groups. But the fact remains that our daughter’s needs to adjust to us before the rest of them come in large groups. You saw what happened with the dog it scared her out of her wits.”
“So my, no OUR family is no better than a dog to our child?” Seiya’s gaze sent a chill through the demon’s back when their eyes locked. He tried to explain his reasoning to the human, but it was to no avail. Seiya left the room to shout, “Okay everyone out!” The party stopped immediately as Jessy asked what the human’s problem was. Sesshomaru didn’t need to know what was going to happen as the sound of Seiya telling them not to ask questions and to leave. Once they were gone, Sesshomaru heard his mate say, “Just go to your room and do something, Rin.”
The baby was no making quiet squeaks of annoyance. The stairs creaked a bit as Seiya headed up the stairs to their room. “The dogs have gone now so the baby won’t be scared or tainted by her pathetic human family members.” Seiya shut the door too quick for the demon to make some sort of excuse for his remarks about his daughters family. Inside the baby’s room, Seiya locked the door and realized that she needed to be changed. He went to work doing the usual routine of pull, throw, wipe, powder and re-diaper before setting her on her feet and staring at her. The child leaned her head back staring up at him curiously which forced the slightly less disturbed man say, “You’re just like your Papa. Yet he doesn’t need to know that now.”
Khilu made no attempt to comfort her father. In fact, judging by the way it looked outside she was about due for a nap. Confirming his suspicion with an impressive yawn, Khilue began grunting for sleep. Setting her in the crib, Seiya put a blanket over her as he settled into a chair next to it watching her sleep a bit as he drifted off into his own dreams. He had just begun having one about a video game when loud wailing made him fall from his chair. Rubbing his eyes, the human saw that it was well past dark and judging by the amount of time that had passed his baby was both hungry and in need of changing.
Picking her up, Seiya opened was lucky to find that his child was only wet. As he finished putting a fresh diaper on the child, Sesshomaru knocked saying, “Let me in Seiya.” The human knew that he had no choice but to let his mate in no matter how angry he was. Going to the door, Seiya left Khilu on the changing table, opened the wooden portal, and walked past his mate without responding to the demons attempts to apologize. Seeing that his mate still hadn’t forgiven him, Sesshomaru picked his daughter up and began to feed her.
Once she was fed and burped, Khilu began gurgling in a satisfied manner. Kissing her gently, Sesshomaru placed her in the crib. He placed a blanket on her as she laid on her back sleeping soundly. Leaving the door open a crack, Sesshomaru headed down the stairs. Stopping by Rin’s room he saw her at work writing something in her journal. Since she wasn’t in need, the demon descended the dark stairs into the kitchen where Seiya was sitting at the kitchen table.
Taking the glass that his mate was drinking from, Sesshomaru sat across from his mate. “You know that I meant no insult to your family or our daughter’s blood, boy.” Seiya’s eyes narrowed at hearing the last word said in such a tone. The last time Sesshomaru had said that it to him in such a way was when the demon still considered him nothing. “Don’t look at me in such a manner. You’re acting like a child so why shouldn’t I speak to you as if you were one.”
Sesshomaru’s head snapped to the side as his mate’s fist met his jaw. Howling a bit from the pain, Sei gripped his wrist hissing, “You know better than to talk to me like that. I’ve never shown you an ounce of disrespect unless I knew I could get away with it.” Sesshomaru scoffed a bit, but when Seiya’s hands were on his collar the demon could see the anger flaring inside of him. “That may have been an exaggeration, but you somewhat forced me into this situation. And before you say you didn’t you did force that life debt on me and for months I was your lackey.”
Loosening his grip Seiya kept his eyes locked to the demon’s. He stroked his mate’s face whispering, “But, I’m your mate and equal now. I’ve joked with around with some of my comments. Yet I’ve never gone over the line save for once.” Sesshomaru felt a pang at remembering that night when he’d found Seiya covered in that woman’s lipstick.
Sesshomaru turned to his mate and said, “And you should know that if I didn’t love you I wouldn’t have submitted to you and had Khilu be conceived.” Kissing his mate the demon licked his cheek saying, “Her being a half-human had nothing to do with why I was angry earlier.” Leaning in Sesshomaru nibbled on an earlobe saying, “We’re home and haven’t been alone in months, along with me being like this.”
The demon placed the human’s hand on his stomach. With a huge smile, Seiya pressed his lips against his mate’s like it was a means for him to survive. When they separated, Seiya placed kisses along the demon’s face saying between them, “Well, so long as next time they have a party planned for us you behave yourself.” Sesshomaru was going to agree with his mate, but a small gasp made the couple stop what they were doing as they looked to see Rin standing in the kitchen doorway blushing. Standing up like he’d just had a branding iron placed on his butt, Seiya asked what the girl wanted.
“I heard you guys arguing and thought that I should see if it would be a good idea to make sure the baby was fine.” Seeing her Papa embarrassed and Sesshomaru keeping his cool, Rin smiled broadly as she shouted, “But I can see that I don’t need to worry.” Turning up the stairs, the girl closed her door as she shouted, “Just make sure you don’t wake the baby!”
Sesshomaru began to make his way up the stairs when Seiya gripped his shoulder and hugged him. “She’s nearly sixteen and with her hanging around Souta and his friends she’s going to notice a lot of things about us.” Sesshomaru mentioned something about not liking their daughter saying such lewd things. Kissing his mate’s neck, Seiya began nudging him up the stairs into their room. The demon fought the whole way up the stairs but after their small spat he didn’t really fight too hard.
Upstairs, the two fell immediately to the bed and began a control for dominance. Seiya was winning at the time and was about to have the demon cuffed to the bed. Sesshomaru didn’t mind it as it was something they didn’t do too often. Last time they’d done anything like that since before they left Canada. And after three months of not being able to get physical, a bit of ‘fun’ was in order as Seiya was ready to clasp the first cuff to his mate’s wrist the phone rang.
Sesshomaru was about to slash it with his whip, yet was held in place by the metal object stopping his hand. The demon still made an attempt by flicking his fingers, yet without full control of his wrist he ended up chipping some wood away from the side of the dresser as the answering machine picked up the call.
Seiya was tempted to go through with it when Jessy’s voice shouted, “Okay get off the demon and put him on the phone cousin.” Seiya and Sesshomaru looked in horror at the voice knowing what they were doing. Yet, Jessy just laughed, “I’m kidding I have no clue what you’re doing but have your husband call me ASAP.”
Setting his head next to his mate’s ear, Seiya laughed while Sesshomaru chuckled out, “So, I’m trying to figure out if I’m the bottom or you’re the one who’s supposed to be the bottom.” Settling down on the demons waist, Seiya was glad that his mate had changed into a button up before going to feed the baby. When the last button was undone, Seiya slid his way down the demon’s pants. There was no need to hurry, yet any male denied sex for nearly four months was always in a hurry when in a situation like theirs.
Tossing the pants away, Seiya smirked when he noticed his mate had gone commando for the evening. Hopping off the bed, Seiya removed his pants and settled back onto the bed and got himself ready for his mate. The human teased the demon throughout the whole process, letting his mate only get a small taste of what he’d been missing. Growling from the teasing, Sesshomaru broke the hand cuffs off the bed and pinned his mate to the bed. Seiya laughed in the beginning, yet soon afterwards Seiya was glad that he’d soundproofed their room because he was certain that if he hadn’t their children would have been awake the whole night.