InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heart Healed Over ❯ Parental Worries ( Chapter 46 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 46
“Okay little lady, sit still or else you’re going to get a bunch of soap in your eyes.” Khilu stared up at her dad giggling loudly while drenching the human male. She didn’t know what he was saying, all she knew was that it was her bath time and she was loving splashing him with the water. Growling, Seiya used the sprayer in the sink to get the shampoo out of the child’s mess of black hair. At five months old Khilu’s hair was now full and lively, while he attitude usually held the sweetest of dispositions. Save for the fact when she was being left alone or not wanting anyone near her, then she turned into a mini version of Sesshomaru.
Pulling her out of the sink, Seiya emptied her baby tub and set her on a towel he had placed on the counter. Grabbing another one he dried her hair and body, tickling her as he did it. The baby laughed at her dad’s touch and when he began wiping the water from her face, she grabbed his hand and looked at it curiously. Letting her examine it, Seiya ran a hand through her hair as he said, “I hope your Papa gets back soon.” The baby let go of his hand before bouncing up and down complaining of being cold with a couple of cries. Wrapping her up, Seiya rubbed her a bit as he headed upstairs to dress her for their latest visit to Robert’s for Yari’s late first birthday party.
Setting her down on the changing table, Seiya diapered the kicking baby before setting down two outfits. The first being a little light blue dress that for some weird reason Sesshomaru had picked out one day when they were out one day. Sesshomaru normally didn’t do the dressing of Khilu, that job was left for Seiya. But the demon did change, feed, bathe, and played with her every chance he got. Seiya did just as much, and they were giving her juice and bread to munch on seeing as she would start getting her fangs soon. But one of the greatest things to worry about with Khilu was grape juice, which she loved more than any other drink they gave her, yet if it was milk or juice she drank the liquid just the same. She’d even started to hold it herself, sometimes she undid the top. Which was funny at times, yet when she drenched both herself and Sesshomaru, it was beyond funny, it was as Jessy put it under his breath, “Fucking hysterical.”
Placing an alternate set of clothes down next to the dress, Seiya watched as his daughter , who had now ended up on her stomach, pick up the second outfit. Putting the dress away, Seiya began dressing the child in a kind of Child’s Play outfit. Also known as overalls and a baby tee-shirt. When he fastened the final button, Rin popped her head into the door saying happily, “Papa I finished all of my home school work. Why are you doing that to the baby?”
The man and baby stared at the raven haired human as Seiya asked, “Well I was thinking that since she has pretty much a full head of hair we can do a mullet.” He attempted to put her hair into what the top of a mullet looked like. When that didn’t work, Seiya said, “Or a Pebbles Flintstone type deal.” He put finger through the child’s hair in an attempt to make it look like a bone. Both the baby and Rin gave the look as if the male was completely off his rocker.
Shaking her hair free, Khilu began bouncing up and down blowing bubbles. Deciding it was he had some bad ideas, Seiya just combed her hair and set a nice bow in it saying, “Well she may not be dressed fancy. But, she’s going to turn a lot of heads today.” The baby smiled as she waved a set of keys around in her hand before chewing on them noisily. Patting his pockets, Seiya noticed that the keys in his child’s hand belonged to the new car he had just bought. Pulling the keys away from his daughter, Seiya gave her a binky to keep her from crying out loud from losing her latest chew toy.
Giggling at her sister’s sneakiness, Rin picked her up and set her into the car seat. “Well you can tell that she’s Father’s because she’s too quick for you to catch stealing your keys.” Seiya mentioned something about her getting perfect scores on her latest assignments or else she’d lose her computer privileges for a week. Pouting, the teenager pulled the shield over kids eyes saying, “I already sent them in through the computer and should have my scores tomorrow so can I please go out with Souta tonight?”
Seiya hated the fact that his once innocent daughter was now a modern day teenager. Since they entered her in the home school courses, Rin hadn’t had much of a chance to go back to the past. But every week, Inuyasha would appear with some work from Isayu. Despite her modern education and advantages, Rin would sometimes complain about all the noise and technology. She preferred the past, yet knew that she had to stay in the future to finish all her education.
Since she was now sixteen and never really had a modern education. Seiya took her to buy old school books and made her study constantly until she’d passed her elementary and junior high courses. It was a snap for the girl to pass those tests. For some reason when people took exams like Rin had, the tests were a bit easier since they hadn’t gone through all of the grades. Yet, Rin didn’t have many holes in her education from home. She was now in the middle of finishing her ninth grade work and if all went well she’d be done with the schooling by next summer.
Outside, Seiya gave Rin a hug telling her that she was to be back by ten thirty. Getting some money for the subway and food, Rin headed off to the station as Seiya began strapping Khilu into the car. The baby was hitting some of the small stuffed animals that dangled from the top of her car seat. Once she was secured, Seiya backed out of the driveway and towards his dad’s house to deal with some screaming toddlers and very few adults.
Turning the radio on low, Seiya hummed to the music as Khilu stared out the windows making noises of interest. One time a bird flew next to the window forcing out a loud squeal of happiness. Looking at her through the rearview mirror, Seiya could see that she was enjoying her bow and clothes. Looking forward the baby squealed again making some noises of wanting something. Reaching into the seat next to him, Seiya pulled out of the diaper bag the father pulled out a small brown teddy bear that had seen better days.
Carefully reaching back, Seiya let his daughter pull the bear from his grip in order chew on his head and snuggle against it. After a few moments of play, Khilu gave a big yawn and fell asleep holding the bear. Turning the radio off, Seiya made the final twenty minutes as comfortable as possible. Save for one sudden stop, the trip went smoothly and Seiya was soon finding his father’s home filled with cars and people.
Pulling the baby out, Seiya walked into the house where the noise immediately woke Khilu making her cry. Hearing the cries, Michelle walked in with Yari holding a sippy cup of milk. Kissing her son, took the car seat and handed the baby to his brother saying, “Sit down and get a drink. She has diapers and bottles in here?” Saying that he had packed extra clothes and supplies, Seiya hugged his brother and entered the living room to see a bunch of kids playing.
Setting his brother down, Seiya grabbed a can of soda from the kitchen table as Yari shouted, “SEIYA!” Dribbling some soda down his front, Seiya looked down to find Yari sipping happily with a smile on his face. Setting the can down, Seiya sat next to his brother as a couple of kids crawled over to assault the new adult. The adults in the room laughed as the young man was dog piled by the kids. After a half hour of being assaulted, Seiya was relieved of his attackers by their parents. Once they were left alone Yari threw his empty bottle over his head shouting, “SESHSESH!”
Behind him Robert said, “He’s been asking for you two all day.” Taking his now flat soda from his dad, Seiya asked why Yari was asking for them. Patting the kid’s head, Robert gave his son a smile that said, “He likes you and wants the two of you around.” When the elder of the Mizutani sons made his understanding clear, Robert gave him a clasp on the shoulder. “Even though Sesshomaru isn’t overly fond of him, Yari seems to know he’s an okay person to like so just let the tyke enjoy yours and your husbands company. Where is he by the way?”
Seiya gave a sad smile at the question. “I don’t know Dad, my best bet is that he’s been with Inuyasha the past nine days.” Robert gave his son a look of concern about not knowing where his husband was and made sure that his son knew how he felt about the situation. “It’s fine Dad. I’m fairly certain that Inuyasha is getting the crap kicked out of him since he’d said that Sesshomaru had gotten soft over the past couple of years.”
The young man stopped for a minute to take in what he had just said. It was amazing that he and Sesshomaru had been together for nearly two years, in fact by his calculations it would be two years in a matter of weeks since he’d first fallen through the well and met the demon. As he was lost in his thoughts, Khilu had reappeared with a murmur of awws at how cute she looked in her outfit. But, being Sesshomaru and Seiya’s child she took it all in stride focusing on what she wanted. Feeling Michelle’s hand on his shoulder, Seiya looked over to find his daughter sucking on a bottle smiling at him.
The middle-aged woman gave up the child before picking her own up to go and get ready for his cake. “She’s a very good girl, a bit strong and hyper. But, she’s just as sweet as that husband of yours can be.” Seiya’s face turned bright red as she said all this in front of a room full of complete strangers. There was one problem though, the fact was that after Michelle made this statement, some of the adults picked up their children and make up a couple of bullshit excuses about their kids being sick and needing to go home.
Michelle was upset that they left so early, but she thanked them for bringing the gifts and hoped that they would stop by sometime. She asked Robert what the problem was, when Seiya set Khilu amongst the other kids and walked over to them saying, “It’s because of me. The same bullshit that happens when parents learn a gay person is around. Probably think I’m looking to see which boys that I’d molest once they got older.”
Robert and Michelle began saying that he should think anything of it when out of nowhere the young man slammed his fist into the wall with a loud crack. The parental units outside the kitchen and the two in the kitchen gasped loudly at hearing the wood in the wall snap. Seiya grunted a bit as his left knuckles pulsed with a bit of pain and the warm feeling of blood dripped down his fingers. That didn’t stop Seiya as he punched the wall with each hand a few more times making both sets of knuckles bloody.
Finally having enough, Robert pulled Seiya into a full nelson. “Stop this at once! You want to scare the children?” Hissing loudly from pain and lack of breath, Seiya shook his head as he allowed his father to set him into a chair. “I’ll get tell them to get ready for the cake and presents. Can you take care of him?” Saying that she would, Robert’s left into the living room saying, “Okay, nothing to worry about, just the dogs acting up. If you want we’ll get ready for the cake and gifts.”
Michelle pulled the first aid kit from beneath the sink. Setting it on the table, she took her step-sons hand in hers as she made a noise of disappointment at the wound. “Those people aren’t allowed over here anymore.” Cleaning the wound with some gauze, Michelle applied some ointment to the long cut that ran down his fingers. This boy has enough wounds and now he’s made some more to remind him of the embarrassment and pain that he can cause his children for being the way he is. Wrapping the wound, Michelle softly spoke to the man. “Don’t let yourself get into a funk over those few people who left. The others stayed and didn’t seem to mind.”
Putting his bandaged hand onto his lap. Keeping his eyes down, Seiya muttered, “Michelle, don’t preach to me about getting in ‘a funk’ about being despised, okay? I’ve dealt with it my whole life, as a kid for being from a rich family and being half-white. Then as an adult for being gay and married.” Hissing at the removal of a deep splinter, Seiya looked at the woman saying in a firmer voice, “Yari’s going to be treated the same way as I was as a child. But, as he grows older he more than likely won’t have to worry about the disgust I get and what my kids will get.”
Putting a set of bandages over his knuckles, Michelle tightened them a bit too tight. Glaring at the man in front of her Michelle hissed, “You aren’t an embarrassment to us or your children. And, Robert and I know what awaits Yari, which is why you don’t see us living in a huge mansion and flaunting the wealth he gave up and then reclaimed through his own hard work.” Smiling sadly she patted the blonde locks whispering, “Your dad raised you to work for what you want and you did that. You got through college on your own, and you paid us back the money we lent when you were in a bind. Also, with the help of Sesshomaru you’ve used what little knowledge of stock trading to build up a nice nest egg all on your own. And, you’re raising an adorable child, who will be strong like her dad’s are.”
Rubbing his wrist, Seiya smirked to himself for needing a good talking to. She was right, he did beat himself up sometimes over trivial things, yet he did have a right to worry. With Sesshomaru constantly calling Inuyasha a worthless half-breed, he wondered what their kids would think of him since they were half demon’s as well. He’d talk to Sesshomaru about that, but he did worry about other demons hating them and what would happen if they fell in love with full humans and how they would react at learning of their heritage, not everyone was like his family and Kagome’s. Even if they didn’t mind the fact that he and Sesshomaru were a same sex couple, knowing that someone isn’t completely human would be a danger to their family.
Giving the woman a reassuring smile and a mention that he would stop beating himself up, Seiya went into the living room to enjoy the rest of the festivities. Khilu wasn’t exactly happy at having to eat a carrot cake, but since the kids were very young, no sugar or caffeine was given to them. Not being too fond of the cake himself, Seiya ate most of the small piece he and his daughter shared as Yari opened his presents. The gifts were a lot of Thomas the Train Engine things, and that annoying American cartoon Dora the explorer. Seiya hated that show for the fact that it was connected to the net and the stupid kid would stand their for fifteen to thirty seconds waiting for the results to come in on what she should do.
After all the kids were gone, Seiya set the two remainders into the play pen to sleep until the room was cleaned up and so they could go to bed. Looking outside at the darkened sky, Seiya noticed something that made him worry. Seeing the crescent moon, the man heard his daughter begin to cry from the living room. Dumping the paper plate into the trash, Seiya rushed to find Khilu and Yari screaming as Khilu’s ears and face became completely human. Picking he up, Seiya shushed her back to sleep and sat on the couch holding his now fully human daughter.
Michelle was about to ask what happened when Robert shook his head and muttered, “I’ll explain in the kitchen.” Seiya heard his dad explain that tonight was Khilu’s night of weakness, which meant as a half-demon, that she would turn into a human on the first night a crescent moon appeared in the sky. Michelle was still worried about the child yet Robert said, “She’ll be fine. It only happens once a month and being a baby it is quite painful for her. As an adult she will be too strong for it to hurt her, but being drained of demonic abilities is rather painful for her.”
Now that his daughter was calm and sleeping happily, Seiya set her into the car seat. “I’m going to take her home. Sessh should be home in a few days and Rin is out with Souta and I need to make sure that she gets home on time.” Saying bye for the night, Seiya left the house and made his way back to their home. It was about eleven when Rin walked in happily saying that she was invited to a sleep over in a few weeks. Happy that Rin had made a few friends, the tired man gave his okay and said that she had to get everything done for both her home school and for Isayu done on time. Saying that she would, Seiya said, “Go to bed and be quiet because Tater is on your bed and your sister is in her human form.”
“I forgot that it was a crescent moon tonight. She didn’t transform during Yari’s party did she?” Hearing that her sister had transformed afterwards, Rin sat next to her papa and asked, “What happened to your hands? Did one of the dogs bite you or something.” Looking at them, Seiya told her about the fit that he had when a few people left after leaning he was gay. Kissing the slightly reddened cloth, Rin laid her head on her Papa’s shoulder and said, “Don’t worry about us. I’ve been through a lot and Khilu has you and Father so she’ll get through any hatred dealt her way. You can comfort her about being with Father and Uncle knows about being hated for what he is the same as you. So she’s a lot luckier than most like Uncle.”
Kissing her head Seiya hugged her close. “For being nearly a decade younger than me you sound a lot like Michelle sometimes.” Saying that it came from her journeys with Sesshomaru, Seiya laughed out loud which brought the dog down and into his lap. Grunting a bit he patted the drooling dog and said, “He knows what I’ve been through. And now that he’s off the bed, you can go to bed.” Whining her way up to her room, Rin shut the door and went to sleep in a matter of minutes while Seiya laid on the couch wondering what his husband was up to in the past.
A clawed hand slammed palm down into the ground and sent a large cloud of green gas into the area. Staring up at his opponent, Sesshomaru smiled at the old tactic actually working before rushing forward with Tokijin raised. The fighter in front of him slashed his own blade down and met the ogre fang in a clash of energy. The wooded area shook with the force of the impact sending shockwaves through the area.
“Glad to see being in the care of humans for the past couple of years hasn’t softened you any.” Smiling Sesshomaru sent a wave of energy at the demon in front of him. Sending their own shockwave forward, the duelists were forced into the air and used the trees as a catapult to hurtle their bodies forward. They slashed at each other and both made contact with flesh. As he landed deftly, the demon lords opponent licked at the wound smiling broadly as he raised his blade to strike again.
Back flipping over the strike, Sesshomaru planted a kick to the side of the fighters head knocking him off his feet and dropping his blade. Rolling towards a tree, the other fighter shot off the ground and rushed with his claws bared. Sesshomaru dodged the initial blow but was caught off guard by a strong punch to his mid-section. Grunting a bit, the demon grabbed the collar of the demon and hurtled him away only to be forced on the defensive by another fighter butting in. Dodging the blow he grabbed the leg and threw his opponent in a similar direction and watched as the two bodies collide.
“Damn it you mangy wolf! What the hell do you think you’re doing trying something like that?” Shoving the demon away, Inuyasha got to his feet and grabbed his blade. Back to it’s original size, Inuyasha spat a bit of blood away and wiped his mouth. “I truly am glad that you’re not a weak bastard now that you’re a mom.” Inuyasha smirked as his brother slashed forward with his poison whip. Knocking it away, Inuyasha shouted, “Kouga go he’s open!”
Kouga dashed forward at full speed and slammed his shoulder into Sesshomaru’s ribs. Groaning loudly, the demon skidded back clutching the once injured area. His wounds had healed, but sometimes they acted up a bit even though it’d been nearly half a year. Planting Tokijin in the ground, Sesshomaru caught the wolf’s fist and flung him into the ground making a new crater upon impact. Coughing up a bit of blood, Kouga soon laid panting heavily in order to help get some air back in his lungs.
Seeing his brother open, Inuyasha jumped in the air ready to bring the blunt edge of Tetsaiga down on his head. Problem was that an arrow soon whizzed by Sesshomaru’s ear and bounced off the demonic blade negating it’s powers. Stopping his assault INuyasha glared in the direction of the arrow to find his wife poised with a bow in her hand.
“What the hell did you do that for! I had the blade turned so it wouldn’t kill him so why interfere you stupid woman!” Inuyasha’s mouth was soon filled with dirt as the incantation dragged him down to the ground with a loud thud. Picking himself up a bit, Inuyasha sat down giving Kagome a look of severe annoyance. “Fine, we’ll stop the fighting, but what the hell do you think you’re doing interrupting us? It’s not like we’ve been gone for three days!” His mouth was again filled with dirt as he asked, “What the hell was that for?”
Kagome put her bow away as she placed her foot onto her husbands head. “You’re right it hasn’t been three days! It’s been six you dolt and have you forgotten that Sesshomaru has a baby at home! He’s been away from his family long enough and needs to get home!” Stepping away from the hanyou, Kagome smiled at her brother in law saying, “You’ve done all of your lordly duties so Why not just go back home? You’ve proven you’re still powerful enough to deal with the two of them, but I think if Inuyasha was alone it would still would have been a draw.”
Sesshomaru growled loudly at the insult she’d just given him. Although the demon knew he and his brother were equal in power on several occasions, Sesshomaru still had more experience which always gave him an edge in fighting the hot headed hanyou. Sliding the ogre blade back into it’s newly acquired sheath, Sesshomaru turned his back on them. “Thank you for the exercise little brother. Your niece will be happy to know that her Father has once again proven which of us is more worthy of our father’s blood.”
Inuyasha bolted from the ground and began darting forward at full speed yet was stopped by the one word the hanyou feared most. Cursing the Kaede for what seemed to be the millionth time, Inuyasha let the demon go about his business and instead turned his attention to fighting with the woman who punished him.
Looking down at his hands, Sesshomaru felt a surge of pride that the left arm his brother had severed finally had regained it’s original power. It’d been hard, but Sesshomaru felt better than he had in years. The accident had forced his body to work over time on healing his injuries, which meant that the arm that took a few years to regrow, had all of it’s nerves and muscles reattached at full mobility and strength. “Hopefully Seiya is keeping Khilu safe and Rin away from that fox.”
The demon was taking his time returning to the village. The fact that his mate was living in the half-breed’s territory five hundred years in the future. They’d discussed the fact that Inuyasha was still the rightful guardian of his territory in the future with the alternate versions of Kouga and Koura. Yet his brother gave up claim to them for the security of his new family. The demon’s agreed and split the territory in equal portions and set up guardians at key locations in case of any problems.
Now at the well, Sesshomaru spotted the fox demon attempting to sneak into the well. Padding forward silently, the demon placed a foot on the tuft of the demon’s second tail saying, “If you think you’re going to attempt to woo my daughter without me around, I shall be wearing a new fox fur kimono for my pup.” Shippou jumped up at the feeling of his tail getting stepped on and scurried onto the other side of the well baring his fangs.
Waving his right hand out, Sesshomaru flicked his finger and summoned his poison whip. “If you feel like making your life forfeit I suggest you do it at full power as I know you have know chance of survival in that body.” Shippou got up and began to transform yet stopped as Miroku came into view with Kirara. The cat demon jumped next to her fox friend and made loud roars in an attempt to scare off the dog. Dissipating his weapon, Sesshomaru said quietly, “Very well I shall take my leave since it seems that nobody feels like fighting me on even terms.”
As he was put his right foot into the well, a voice shouted, “So are you going back to fake loving your half-breed kid? Or is it to lie about not being embarrassed by being associated with humans.” The demon felt his blood boil at the insults he heard spew from his brother’s mouth. Seething with anger he turned to find Kagome telling the hanyou to stop. Yet, Inuyasha said, “Oh come on Kagome. Ya think this bastard is going to like a half-breed kid? He spent his whole life despising them and humans so what makes you think he’ll love one?”
Kagome was in tears at her mate’s words and shouted angrily, “You know that’s not true! He loves Khilu and Seiya you’ve seen how he cares for them! So, why are you saying this now after them being together for so long and loving that baby and Rin!” Inuyasha pulled his arm, ignoring his mate’s pleas for him to stop the fight. But, she saw him smirking as he pulled out his blade. It was a smirk he used when he was doing something without anyone knowing his plans.
Sesshomaru could care less about the look on his brother’s face. His fury was clouding his mind slightly, begging his blood to allow for his full power to be released. Sesshomaru silenced his natural impulses and withdrew his blade again. Focusing his thoughts for a moment he waved the blade lazily sending a blast of energy at his brother. Inuyasha
The half-breed was knocked back a few feet, yet he regained his composure and continued to walk forward saying, “Oh did I hit a nerve. Who cares that you’re mad! You hate me so why the hell would you bother keeping a half-breed child around, since you cursed Father for doing the exact same thing with my mother!” Inuyasha thought that this would spark a rise of violence and force his brother to at least defend his and his child’s honor, but it backfired.
Sesshomaru’s demonic aura fell a bit and he slid Tokijin back into it’s sheath while lazily replying. “You’re right for once little brother. I have followed in our father’s footsteps. Something that I swore never to do. And perhaps I am a hypocrite for loving a human, no less a male human for that matter and bearing his child.” Smirking broadly, which caused the group to stutter in amazement, Sesshomaru stepped into the well saying, “I thank you brother for pointing out something I’ve come to terms with but if you ever insult my child again I shall have your ears.”
Floating down the blue portal, Sesshomaru soon landed easily on the dirt floor of the well housed in the shrine of his sister in law’s family. Leaping out of cobweb infested area, the demon stepped out into the late night of modern day Japan. Leaving the well shrine, Sesshomaru took to the tops of the buildings and scanned for the quickest route back to his mate. Two weeks away from the human and child wasn’t the wisest thing to do and tonight he cursed himself as he saw the moon.
As it was a new month, the crescent moon in the sky was the one that would transform his child into a human. The night they had found out about their daughter’s weak period was a strong memory as Khilu had somehow managed to cut herself as she played on the floor. Sesshomaru went to calm her uncertain as to why she was crying at such a minor wound. Pulling back the hair that covered her face, Sesshomaru noticed that her demonic markings were gone, along with her claws and the points to her ears.
“Seiya come into the study.” As they were in the past during that time, Sesshomaru was going over some papers while Seiya was tending to some of his own work in the next room. Entering, Seiya asked why Khilu was cut to which the demon replied, “Go and see what the sky is like.” Unaware of what this meant, Seiya left for a few moments only to say that a crescent moon hung in the air.
As he was about to explain why he needed to know, Kiba came charging into the room with Shiba and Jaken yelling their heads off at him to be careful with the jar he had hanging in his mouth. Skidding to a halt, Kiba stopped two seconds before slamming himself into a book case as he dropped the jar next to his master. Standing with his staff raised, Jaken brought the item down on the sprite’s head shouting, “You foolish little whelp! You nearly brought disaster down on my Lord Sesshomaru and his child. Half-breed though she is exercise more caution next time or I shall cook you to go with my rice!” Turning with an exasperated look to his lord, Jaken picked the jar up saying shakily, “The ointment to help ease her transformation my lord.”
Snatching it from the imp, Sesshomaru applied a small bit under her nose as his mate and servants watched. The baby cried for a few more moments and then began to start gurgling as if nothing happened. Hopping to his feet, Kiba bared a striking resemblance to Shippou as he asked, “Is it her time of weakness, Boss?” Sesshomaru confirmed that it was and Kiba smiled as he saluted. “I shall protect her through the night along with my sister if you’ll allow it, Boss.”
Walking over and smacking her brother on the head, Shiba hissed, “It’s not our duty to say what we will do with the child, Kiba!” Hearing a giggle from the baby at the familiar sound of the fighting siblings. Shiba held out her hands asking, “May I take her to bed Lord? Lord Seiya already fed her and she’s been changed and as my idiot brother said,” Shiba stuck her tongue out at him as she asked, “would you be so kind as to let us watch her until you retire?”
Kissing his daughter goodnight, Sesshomaru handed the baby over saying, “You are to watch her until my mate and I return to our room. And Jaken is to help as well. If anything happens to her, you three know what will happen.” Bowing obediently the trio headed into the main chamber and set the baby into her cradle to begin the watch as Seiya laid across the extra bed and Sesshomaru returned to his work.
Back in the present, Sesshomaru did notice a slight heaviness to the air. Breathing heavily the dog knew that rain was going to be appearing shortly. He’d been in worse storms than a down pour of water. Hurricanes and showers of blood were of no mystery to him, but as a pup Khilu’s nose was overly sensitive and any strong smells annoyed her no matte how pleasing they were to others. Although when she was in need of changing the child was actually glad that she was making her parent’s deal with it and never cried. No, the child had a habit of making the mess a great deal worse by kicking and laughing.
He’d made two-thirds of the way to the house when the rain suddenly poured down from the heavens. It wasn’t like the crisp rain of the past. For those with noses like his and Inuyasha’s the scent of oil and smog was to be found in every drop. Slowing his pace, Sesshomaru made a few leaps to another building which he ended up landing in the middle of a party that was being moved indoors. The guests and hosts gasped at the silver haired man rushing through and running on the tables.
Sesshomaru cursed himself mentally as he reached what he’d come to know as the suburbs. Taking to the shadows, the armored male finally approached the front door of his mate’s home. He found the door to be locked and reached into his robes and pulled out the brass key and slid it into the lock. The demon loved the clicking sound of the metal turning the locks. Not as effective as giant logs keeping the doors to a castle shut, yet to figure out many required a steady hand and some amount of problem solving skills.
Wiping the drenched tresses of hair out of his face, the lord stopped as a couple of voices sniggered. Sniffing he caught the scent of imps sneaking onto his mate’s land. Turning he found them holding their small blades and sharp teeth. The one that seemed to be the leader said, “We’ve come for the half-breed. Her blood smells so good as a human.” Flexing his claws for a moment Sesshomaru reached out and sprayed the group with a weak amount of his poison. The imps disintegrated along with some grass and a bit of the stone, however once Seiya knew why it was like that, the human would more than likely make him repair the damage done.
The threat to his child gone, Sesshomaru stepped into the warm house and removed his shoes and headed silently into the bedroom. He removed his armor before grabbing some of his modern pajamas and got into the shower. The rain hadn’t chilled him, yet he did have a tendency to smell like a wet dog after standing out in the rain for extended periods of time. Once warmed up and smelling like he should. Sesshomaru decided to make his mate happy and brushed his teeth. Not that he needed it as his regenerative powers kept his teeth from falling out, along with his saliva being so much like a dogs that he didn’t need to clean.
Once he felt presentable enough, the demon made his way into the bedroom and slid across the bed hoping to find Seiya asleep, only to be met by cold mattress. Worried about where his mate was, Sesshomaru got up from the bed and padded across the cold wooden floor to their daughter’s room. Peeking in, he found Tater snoring loudly on the floor as Khilu’s breath floated softly in the night air. Stepping to her, he found that she was having no fits, and the smell on her told him that Seiya had given her the ointment to calm her down. Kissing her briefly, the lord gave the dog an affectionate scratch on the head as thanks for keeping guard over her.
In Rin’s room, he found the teenager sleeping just as easily. He felt no need to bother her as she was old enough not to need him to wake her and also since he knew she hadn’t seen Shippou he felt no need to wake her. Making his way back down, Sesshomaru found his husband sleeping lightly on the couch. It seemed normal enough except for the strong scent of ointment and the sight of his mate’s bandaged hands.
Settling down on the floor, Sesshomaru took his mate’s left hand in his own and smelt many things that accompanied the familiar smells of his father-in-laws house. He remembered that it had been Yari’s birthday and he shared no strong fondness of the boy, he had to admit he’d prefer him to Inuyasha in most circumstances. Holding the hand tightly, Sesshomaru heard his mate grunt, “That hurts Rin go back to bed.”
Raising an eyebrow, Sesshomaru said, “I doubt that the girl would be so daring as to risk squeezing your hand in such a manner.” Seiya opened his eyes in a disgruntled fashion, but smiled soon afterwards at his mate being home. Nuzzling the hand gently, Sesshomaru also smelt dried paint on it. Tracing the bandages the demon asked, “When has a child’s party involved personal injuries and the need for an ointment?”
Moving his hand a little, Seiya blushed at the question saying, “I got a bit angry and punched Dad’s wall for a minute. Michelle had to put some Neosporin on my hand because the part from my knuckles to the middle of my hands began to bleed.” Sesshomaru growled saying that his mate was a moron before asking why he punched the wall. Sighing Seiya began his explanation. “Michelle made a comment about you and some people left the party. I shouldn’t have let it get to me but then I remembered Khilu and any other kids we may have.”
Sesshomaru snorted saying that he wasn’t carrying any for a long time. Smiling sadly, Seiya said, “Well, I began to think about the problems they’ll have. My family is rich and powerful which will make them outcasts. They have two dads, which will make them outcasts even more. And like me, they’re half-breeds. Sure it’s fine as kids that they may look different and if we have any with ears like Inuyasha’s we’ll have to teach them containment spells or cover them up with hats. But, no matter what they’ll be hated and if they fall in love how are we to know that person will accept them once they learn the truth about their blood?”
Cupping the injured hand in his claw, Sesshomaru stared coldly at his mate saying, “You have a right to worry about that. And, I have thought about it as well. Inuyasha, made certain to remind me of what I’ve done. I call him half-breed and worthless, yet how am I supposed to explain that to our children when they themselves know that they’re half-human and half-demon. When they are older they will understand but as children, we must be careful. As with Inuyasha they will need to be protected yet taught to defend themselves and to not be ashamed of us.” He heard Seiya mention something about how maybe it will make him be nicer to INuyasha. Sessshomaru scoffed loudly and scratched his mate saying, “We’ve come to an agreement that we shall protect one another’s children, yet beyond that our relationship will remain almost the same. I may value him for his strength, but he’s still a loud, moronic half-breed.”
With that said, Sesshomaru scooped his mate into his arms and carried him up the stairs. Seiya would do this to him when he’d fallen asleep or wanted to go to bed, and so Sesshomaru took up the habit as well. In the room Sesshomaru stripped his mate down to his boxers and prepared for bed when the phone rang. Grabbing it quickly, Seiya asked who it was before handing it to Sesshomaru saying, “It’s Jessy and for some reason he wants to talk to you.”
Taking the piece of plastic in his hands, Sesshomaru muttered something about it needing to be important. Chuckling the priest said happily, “Meet me at this restaurant in four days. I think I may have something fun for you to do.” Sesshomaru memorized the time and where he was to meet the human. Clicking the button, Sesshomaru dropped the device to the floor and curled up next to his mate for the first good night’s sleep he’d had in awhile.