InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heart Healed Over ❯ Kidnapped ( Chapter 53 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
12/6/05 Began typing this chapter, had to go to a funeral, couldn’t go because a lady decided that since I slowed down she could make a left turn from the inside right lane so I got into an accident and given a 110 dollar ticket for driving too slow when I was close to where I had to make a turn. Talk about a good day. And I have to go to traffic court on the sixteenth...fuckers.

53

“Damn it! You broke my nose, Sesshomaru!” INuyasha staggered back clutching his now bloodied nose. He felt the bone snap instantly when his brother’s fist had made contact with it dazing him for a minute. Sesshomaru readied for another strike while Inuyasha raised his now blood covered hands and swung down. The energy infused crimson blades whistled through the air as they made their way to the their target. One struck the ground kicking some dirt into the demon lord’s eyes, while the other two sliced into his shoulders.

Rubbing the dirt out of his eyes, Sesshomaru blinked as he moved Tokijin block his brother’s Tetsaiga. “Very tricky little brother. But, remember while you’ve been playing house, I’ve thrown in many hours of night time training while taking care of my mate.” Inuyasha sneered and pushed forward surprising forcing his older brother backwards. Smirking, Sesshomaru planted his feet after a few moments of sliding saying, “So I see you have been training as well.” Changing his sword hand, Sesshomaru gripped into his brother’s shoulder releasing some poison into it.

Howling, INuyasha let his grip relax giving Sesshomaru the upper hand in the latest spat he and his brother were having in the snow covered yard of Seiya’s new house. Knocking their swords away, Sesshomaru stood before his brother in a bare-fist fighting style stance. “Your sword skills are impressive, but a true warrior also knows how to use his own body as a weapon.” Inuyasha rolled his shoulder making the pain ebb away. Shifting into a less refined stance, Inuyasha smiled and inched forward before darting forward.

Dodging the first punch, Sesshomaru aimed a cross kick his brothers under arm only to be blocked by his brother’s leg and given a punch to the ribs. Grunting, Sesshomaru slammed his fist three times into his brothers chest making the hanyou hack a bit more blood onto the ground. Separating, Sesshomaru watched his brother’s moves and decided to take the offensive. Moving with his super-human speed, Sesshomaru aimed a knife hand at the hanyou’s wounded shoulder, but was stopped by a fist planted into his face sending him to the cold earth.

Rolling back, Sesshomaru jumped to his feet and spit out a back molar with a satisfied grin on his face. “Very nice you worthless bit of a half-demon.” Doing a foot shuffle, Inuyasha said that it wasn’t that hard after fighting his brother so many times. Keeping close to the ground, Sesshomaru shot forward and turned around and swept his brother’s feet out from under him. Falling back, Inuyasha attempted to catch himself but felt his brother kick him up into the air and then plant an elbow to his abdomen.

Falling to the ground, Inuyasha was able to spin and plant a powerful kick to his brother’s rib. Hearing them crack, he fell to the ground smiling happily as his brother fell to one knee hacking heavily as he landed face down turning the snow beneath him crimson. Pushing himself up, Inuyasha turned around and stuck out his sheath and called his blade back into it saying, “So who won this time? You, me, or do you want to call it a draw?”

Falling onto his hind end, Sesshomaru sent out a whip from his finger and brought Tokijin into his hand. Using it as a prop, Sesshomaru held his ribs saying, “A draw this time. But remember, I’m still ahead of you by two wins.” Huffing, Inuyasha flipped the demon off as he got to his feet and headed into the impressive dwelling that Seiya and Sesshomaru now inhabited. Inuyasha was lucky that Sesshomaru was so strong, and that he had aimed his kick so carefully. Inuyasha knew, but if Sesshomaru realized what was going on, Inuyasha would have been killed the second he’d kicked him.

Going into the house, Sesshomaru removed his shoes and headed to the sink and rinsed his mouth clean of any blood. “Clean yourself up before my children see what has happened to you.” Gratefully taking his place at the sink, Inuyasha rinsed all the blood way just as Khilu entered asking why it smelt like a bunch of pennies in the room. “Never you mind. Have you finished with your school exercises?”

Handing the stack of papers to the demon, Khilu asked, “Is it okay if I go to a sleep over tonight?” Grunting, Sesshomaru took a seat at the kitchen table saying that he’d discuss it once Seiya got home. “Okay Papa. Uncle Inuyasha, can you play with me for a bit?” Saying that he would, Inuyasha suddenly snapped his nose into place feeling two surges of relief. The first was that his nose was now starting to heal correctly, the other was because there was no more blood coming out.

Laying back clutching his ribs, Sesshomaru was thinking about the house that he and his family had moved into a week prior to this latest sparring match. It was the house Gerald had handed over to Seiya. Easily dwarfing their former house, Sesshomaru was glad that the children had their own bathrooms and larger rooms. Not to mention their being about five bedrooms left after those three were occupied. Couple in a large living room, a den, and a big kitchen and dining room, Sesshomaru felt like he was back in the palace.

The familiar itching of his healing bones annoyed Sesshomaru to great length. Sitting up straight an old withered voice said to the demon, “Nice little suffle you two had. Who won?” Sesshomaru stared up at his mate’s grandfather and said it was draw. Giving a grunt, Gerald grabbed a soda from the fridge saying, “I shouldn’t drink this, but I’ve outlived my ex-wife, and my daughter, not to mention many of my friends. So, what the hell?” Sipping happily, the old man sat down asking, “How bad is it?”

Grunting, Sesshomaru coldly stated, “I have experienced worse injuries than this. I will survive and be healed tomorrow. But, I will have a large bruise the size of his foot on my side for a few days afterwards.” Gerald laughed deeply at the statement. Giving a small grunt of a chuckle, Sesshomaru said politely, “Thank you for giving us this home.” Gerald smiled stating that it was the least he could do since they were helping him with his medication and everything. “I still thank you for giving this to Seiya.”

“He’s a good boy and deserves this for making it this far with all the things he has experienced.” Sesshomaru had once told Gerald about the cause of some of Seiya’s previous injuries in great detail and how Seiya had faced the demon’s of those injuries alone, and while not being a romantic during their first time, had decided to give himself to Sesshomaru after what had happened. “So, my grandson deserves this house. I mean I didn’t even get him a college graduation gift so why not a huge house for him and his family?”

Hearing a door open, Sesshomaru said, “We are in the kitchen.” Seiya and another voice said thanks and the sound of squeaking wheels as they rolled in the refilled air tanks. Sesshomaru saw Rin and Kagome follow his mate up the stairs. The loud clunking of the wheels up the stairs annoyed him greatly. It normally didn’t, but after a fight his senses were on overdrive. Excusing himself from the table, Sesshomaru moved into the living room and closed his eyes.

A split second later, Sesshomaru felt Kagome tapping his head asking, “SEiya can I borrow your husband for a couple hours?” Seiya asked why, but all Kagome said was, “Because I need to talk to him. So is it okay?” The human said that he didn’t mind so long as they were home in time for dinner since Rin was making it and she gets dissappointed when no one eats it. “

Getting up, Sesshomaru found a spare set of clothes on the couch and grabbed them before heading into the downstairs bathroom. Coming out a minute later, Sesshomaru put on his favorite denim jacket and took his wallet from the stand near the door. Following his nose, Sesshomaru went into the living room and kissed Seiya goodbye before heading out to a honking Kagome. He climbed into her car finding all of what he was going to need in his seat. Checking that it was all correct, the two left and headed into a nearby town.

The drive was uneventful to the demon. Unless you count Kagome singing the song, “I Have James Woods.” Like many people, Sesshomaru didn’t mind the song now that he spoke fluent English, but it was a lot like Rin attempting to sing as a tenor. Meaning that it was pointless and offensive to all those around her. Getting the idea that Sesshomaru wouldn’t find her singing funny, Kagome just listened to the cd as they pulled into a parking lot.

“Well, here we are. Hope you’re ready to get this over with.” Handing him the keys, Kagome gave him a death glare as she focused some energy into the keys burning his hand slightly. Sesshomaru made no notice of the pain as the girl used the keys as a medium for her purification powers. “If you damage my car in any way, I’ll shot an arrow into your gut.”

Taking the keys away, Sesshomaru got out of the car and headed into the building. Taking his number, Sesshomaru stood in the line amidst a large crowd of humans and grumbled as he finally reached the desk. Giving the lady his name and all the proper paper work, Sesshomaru was then greeted by what looked like a modern human law enforcer.

The two headed out to the car and got in. Fastening the thin bit of fabric that was to keep him safe, Sesshomaru adjusted the mirrors and waited for the officer to tell him what to do. When told, Sesshomaru backed out and went around the parking lot to the light. Turning on his blinker, the demon stopped at the red light and waited for an opening and made a right turn. Heading down the streets, SEsshomaru made each turn and maneuver flawlessly. He was even complimented on noticing that the cop had intentionally tried to get him to make an illegal driving action.

Stopping near a parking meter, the cop said, “Okay, time to do a parallel park Mr. Mizutani. Do this and get both us and the car back undamaged you’ll get your license.” Looking over his shoulder, Sesshomaru carefully edged his way into ths spot, pulled forward and straightened his wheel perfectly. Giving him the okay, the cop told Sesshomaru to head back to the DMV. Pulling out, Sesshomaru did as he was told and brought them back with a near perfect score on his test sheet.

Inside, Kagome gave him a thumbs up as he walked over to the lady who began processing his forms. Once it was over with, Sesshomaru sat down and got his picture taken. Ten minutes later, he had a license and they headed back to the house. Once inside, Rin shouted happily that dinner was ready. Taking off his jacket, Sesshomaru threw it next to his shoes and silently joined his family for a meal. Kagome and Inuyasha joined them, although it was hard to tell that Khilu was the child of Seiya and Sesshomaru that night.

Khilu had a tendency to loose her inhibitions around Inuyasha and took to acting like him out of humor. No matter how often they punished or reprimanded her, Seiya and Sesshomaru could not stop her actions and just let her be since it was mainly the only time she ever acted out. Sipping at his tea quietly, Sesshomaru listened to all the conversations that were going on around him.

He didn’t pay as much attention as the others, he’d interject a comment hear and there when someone valued his opinion. But other than that, they all knew he just wanted to eat his food and be left alone during meals. His ribs still bothered him, the itching had worstened and he could feel the bruising on the right side of his torso begin. Taking a sip of water he told Khilu that she needed to work on her math skills to which she replied, “Math sucks.”

Inuyasha, Kagome, and Gerald all got a laugh from the comment. Seiya flicked her head and told her to watch what she said while Sesshomaru gave her a low growl. The child turned back to her meal mumbling under her breath about getting yelled at. Seiya told her that if she was to speak, to speak loud enough for everyone to hear her. Feeling a bit queasy, Sesshomaru set his bowl and plate aside while taking some deep gulps of water. As the discomfort left him, he couldn’t help but overhear his brother whisper urgently to his wife.

“Look, I don’t care what that woman says about wine being okay in small amounts. All I know is that it can be bad and I don’t like you drinking it.” Kagome attempted to sip a bit more only to have INuyasha take it from her growling, “Can you stop being so stubborn and at least respect my wishes for once. I know this is going to be your only glass during this, but I still don’t like the risks.” Turning her head at the noise, Rin looked at the couple curious as to what caused the latest argument.

“Inuyasha, it’s going to be fine. The demon blood will keep it safe and....” She was cut off by Inuyasha slamming his fist down on the table. The whole group glanced in their direction wondering why INuyasha was mad. Khilu made the typical sound kids make when they notice when someone is in trouble. Seiya raised his eyes at Gerald wondering what the problem was and receiving the same look as an answer. Sesshomaru didn’t need to glance around to figure out what the problem was, and Rin already knew.

It didn’t matter what the twenty year old and the demon lord knew since INuyasha stood up and shouted, “I don’t care if my demon blood will keep it safe! That pup is not going to have that stuff put into it’s system!” After saying this, Khilu began to giggle at hearing her Aunt Kagome was pregnant. Gerald excused himself, and Seiya glanced at Sesshomaru only to glare at him for wearing a look saying that he was glad his brother finally screwed up and dropped the bomb.

“So wait, you mean to say that Kagome is pregnant?” Sitting back down embarassed, Inuyasha nodded saying that she was a little over a month along. Kagome patted his head comforting him and saying that he was already a good dad for worrying about her. “By the way Inuyasha, that was juice, not wine. How you got confused about it being wine is something I don’t even understand.”

INuyasha growled at his wife and asked, “Why the hell did you tell me it was wine?” Kagome raised her hand defensively and said that it was just a test to see how protective he was. “What do you mean it was a test?! I thought it was wine and we’d have to worry about the pup being sick. Did you know about this, Sesshomaru?”

Shaking his head, Sesshomaru calmly said, “My nose, along with Khilu’s were both fooled.” Drinking from his own glass the demon added, “And do try to keep your mate calm. Emotional stress is unhealthy for any person carrying a child. Especially if it is a human female carrying a hanyou pup.” Excusing himself, Inuyasha stormed outside as Kagome said thanks and chased after him asking for him to calm down. Their shouts could be heard through the windows and a loud slamming noise from the car, followed by the crunch of snow told them that Kagome was now chasing after Inuyasha.

“At least she’s smart enough to drive carefully.” Picking up some plates, Seiya told Khilu and Sesshomaru to help him. Protesting that since Gerald and the other two had left without being excused, Sesshomaru began to head upstairs when Seiya threatened, “Do that and I’ll put the talisman on you while you sleep.”

Grimmacing from memories of Halloween, Sesshomaru headed into the kitchen and scrubbed a few pots. “I have helped sanitize these things. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have more pressing matters to deal with than some defiled dishes.” Letting the demon go, Seiya helped Khilu clean up a few plates while Rin put food away.

Upstairs, Sesshomaru headed into the nearest bathroom, hit the light, and shut the door. Removing his shirt he could see the yellow, green, and purple of his bruise cover the area around his right upper ribs. “The casualties of war.” Lifting his arm he growled as he stretched his arm as high as he could. Putting it down he slipped on his shirt and headed out to find Gerald heading downstairs. “What do you need old man?”

Stopping more out of shock than anything else, he turned and said, “I need an air tank brought to my room.” Telling the old man to go back to his room, Sesshomaru began his descent only to have Gerald say, “I can do it. I may be old and a bit weak, but those things are a bit easier to carry up than the old ones.” Heading back up, Sesshomaru said that if he pulled anything bringing it up to not complain about him not offering to help.

In their room, Sesshomaru pulled out a few documents and began to read. Some were old files discussing what had happened to his brethren during the years of following his father’s death. Others were about the loss of some of his allies. Kuma’s death was documented in great detail since it was written by a demon. He could tell, because the author had extensive knowledge about Kuma’s past, things that only close allies and friends knew.

When done with those, Sesshomaru pulled out a few more that pertained to more modern situations. One was from a vet discussing what to do with Pup’s meds since she was now expecting a small litter of her own. Another was a few things telling SEsshomaru about his finances. He’d seemed to gain a substantial amount of money from the sell of a few stocks and his accountant had already dealt with the tax forms for him.

Besides fincances and animal health documents, Sesshomaru read some reports Jessy had sent him about the people they’d fought shortly after Khilu was born. No new information was known, but Jessy had looked into the person Sesshomaru thought he saw. Jessy told that no Vatican personnel knew the slightest bit of information about the person based on Sesshomaru’s description.

“All we know is that the person may be from Japan and I have a few people looking out for any information about them.”

Hearing the closing of a few doors, Sesshomaru looked at the clock noticing how late it was. “Midnight, which means he’ll be in shortly.” Putting away his papers, Sesshomaru got out of his clothes only to hear the door open. Looking over his shoulder, he saw SEiya enter wearing the same bed clothes he’d been wearing for four days. Sesshomaru did like the smell of his mate when he wore some dirty clothes or didn’t shower for a few days.

The reason behind it was that the pheromones caused the demon to become excited more easily, making the nights a bit more fun. There was a limit to how much he could stand and Seiya had a limit as well. Three days was the humans max and he always made sure to take a long hot bath if he hadn’t showered for that long. Yet now, Sesshomaru didn’t want Seiya to touch him, at least not for that night.

Seeing the demon try to put his shirt back down quickly, SEiya stopped him and asked, “Okay, how bad did you two spar? I saw Inuyasha’s nose a little out of alignment so let’s see your damage.” Trying to shrug it off, Sesshomaru began to tell the human to go away but was stopped when Seiya poked his ribs triumphantly saying, “Figures he’d do this. How many this time?”

Feeling the fabric leave his skin, Sesshomaru grumbled that it was just a couple while adding, “Nothing to worry about love. A couple of days and they shall be back to normal. The bruise should be gone soon as well.” Sesshomaru felt the skin of his mate’s hand gently stroke the rib making him purr a bit at the gentleness. Smirking, Seiya reached into the forgotten pair of khaki’s that Sesshomaru left on the ground and opened the wallet.

“So this is where you went today with Kagome! I thought you already had a license?” The boy showed the demon his stone cold glare into the camera with a big smile saying, “You look so cute.” Tossing it away, Seiya nuzzled the demon’s stomach and asked, “Just be careful during training, okay? I don’t mind the injuries, but at least don’t break anymore bones.”

Sesshomaru pulled the boy up onto the bed and pushed him down into the pillows. Straddling his hips, Sesshomaru started to kiss the boy and was glad to see him forget about the injuries. Pulling away from the soft lips, Sesshomaru traced them with his finger saying,“I can’t make any promises about that. If we get hurt deal with it. We’ll heal in a matter of days so you needn’t worry about our health.”

Smiling, Seiya pulled the demon’s boxers down and began to loosen the demon. Glad that his mate was pretty much undressed, Seiya helped him remove the shorts and after a few moments slid in. Letting the demon grind a bit, the human kissed him deeply before panting, “I think you’ve earned a reward for passing your exam Puppy.”

A couple weeks went by without anymore incidents like the one at dinner when the family learned of Kagome’s pregnancy. To SEiya it all made sense as Inuyasha had picked out large amounts of healthy food at the dinner they’d attended, not to mention his constant growling at anyone who got to close to the girl. It wasn’t until after a large amount of begging, that Kagome finally got Inuyasha to forgive her, not to mention let her go out with Seiya for a few hours.

The snow was still hanging around the town where Seiya and his family had moved to. It was a rather nice town. Medium sized, grocery stores, libraries, a couple of movie theaters were some of the larger attractions to it. Not to mention a couple of five star restaraunts specializing in seafood and venison based meals. While at one of the stores, Seiya was grabbing something from a shelf as Kagome kept Khilu entertained when out of nowhere a lime hit Seiya in the back of his head, followed by some one saying,“So, Mizutani! Would calling that a run by fruity be considered a double entendre?”

Rubbing his head, Seiya picked the fruit up before turning in the direction of the voice. Holding the object carefully, Seiya set into the grocery cart saying, “I guess it could be. But, it all depends on if you’re talking about the assailant or the assaulted being the fruity one.” The two men broke into fits of laughter when the made eye contact. Walking towards one another they met in a strong hug as Seiya said, “You son of a bitch. How ya been Tommy?”

His American friend broke away giving him a look over to see how the last six years had been to his friend. They’d maintained contact through letter, the occasional phone call, and email. But with Tommy back in The States married to Maya, and raising a set of twins, meeting up was out of the question. The years had been good to Seiya’s friend though, you could see some visible aging traits, mainly a slight loss of hair, but beyond that he looked the same, just with a few more wrinkles.

“Well, besides the kids killing me a bit on a daily basis I’m well. And what about your husband? He been taking care of you?”

Seiya blushed a bit at the mention of Sesshomaru. Tommy knew they’d gotten married, and was mad at him for not inviting him, Seiya’s reasoning was that it was a Trans-Atlantic flight and upon remembering the situation, Tommy never mentioned it again. Scratching his head, Seiya muttered, “He’s doing well. A bit on the testy side lately, but ya know unlike you and Maya our night life is still like when we were dating.” It was at that time Khilu walked up and pulled on Seiya’s pants asking who the man was.

Staring down at the child, Tommy’s eyes grew considerably at the resemblence to his friend. Pointing at her he asked, “Y..ou..mean..that night...us... the drinks...demon talk...all true?” Seiya patted her head and introduced the girl as his daughter Khiluial. Shaking his head to regain his composure Tommy bowed saying, “My name is Tommy. I went to school with your dad.” Khilu bowed and asked if she could go with Kagome to get a few snacks.

Kissing her head, Seiya said that she could. Watching her run off the blonde said, “Yeah it was all true. Tell you what, bring Maya and the kids over to our house for dinner and we can discuss it when the wives aren’t around.” Pulling out a pad and some paper, Jessy took down the directions to his friends house and said bye before running out the store to get ahold of Maya. Noticing the cart gone, Seiya listened for the sound of his daughter and sister in law going through the snack aisle and was lucky to stop them before they loaded up on cookies and gummy style candies.

Meanwhile, Sesshomaru was hopping across numerous buildings toward the outskirts of Tokyo. He’d left his car in a parking lot near the area and was glad to be done with that meeting. Koura had insisted on him going to a modern demonic meeting to discuss his position in the new timeline. He’d met Kuma’s daughter and found her as worthy a successor as he’d been told. Kuma’s son was quite adept at being a leader, but chose to pursue his own path outside of what was expected of him as the first born son.
The demon had to wear a suit into the building, but inside it was down to their armor and Sesshomaru still held as much respect as he had in the past. Gale appeared and offered him back his land. When told that his lands had been secured, Sesshomaru gave her a small bit for her people to live in. Shocked by the generosity, Gale offered her eternal loyalty which Sesshomaru took happily.

Kuma’s daughter was named Mina and was extremely beautiful. She clearly took after her mother in that she had long brown hair and deep mahogany skin that he suspected was the color of her fur when transformed. While not overly feminine in terms of clothes, she could easily seduce any man or woman if she wanted to, but as leader of her tribe she had no need to lower herself unless it was to deliver a killing blow.

Her brother sat next to her wearing a light suit of armor. He was built more like Sesshomaru, but had his father’s animalistic looks. It could easily be said that he needed to keep a concealment charm up at all times when out in public. He smelt of blood, telling that he’d been in a fair few battles, and the fact that he had scars when his demon blood should have made that impossible, told that he’d just recently left the protection of his clan to another of his clan. Sesshomaru had learned afterwards that the oldest son of Kuma, named Bastion due to him being born in 17th century England, was tortured for many years before being sent back home half dead during the first World War.
Mina had given Sesshomaru back his land and received a reasonable amount of land for her people as well and offered her loyalty as well.

Kouga sat back saying, “I already gave you your land back last year. But, thanks for the area with the hot springs.” Sesshomaru just ignored him and sat quietly as he listened to the proceedings. It all seemed exactly like what happened when Orochi held the meetings in his palace. Yet the lack of the demon snake was weighing heavily on Sesshomaru’s mind. Keeping quiet Sesshomaru’s nose and ears scanned for any hint of a possible threat, which soon made itself known by a large cat demon entering the room.

Settling down at his chair, the cat offhandedly apologized for his lateness to which Koura said, “It’s expected of you Cougar. But, might you properly introduce yourself to Lord Sesshomaru who is sitting in on his first session?” Cougar just gave an appreciative nod that somehow sufficed as a proper greeting to the other members sitting before him.

Koura rolled her eyes saying, “I take it that your position on the hanyou, demon, and human alliances hasn’t changed these millenia?” Cougar sat up saying that while he accepted it, but he was going to change it soon. Raising an eyebrow, Koura asked cautiously, “Cougar? How do you plan on doing that?”

The demon lord sat back saying, “I have recently obtained a rather useful tool. Some of you may know about it. Others who are too young to know have heard stories of how he helped Naraku deal with Inuyasha.” Smirking to SEsshomaru the demon also said, “He’s also responsible for taking your beautiful daughter one time.”

Thinking of only three possible people who had done that, Sesshomaru tapped a finger on the table as Cougar haughtily said, “So you don’t know? Well, it seems he made his presence known at that little dinner you, Koura, and the rest of you blood traitors attended a while back. You know the one that got your picture in the newspaper staring down Puma?” Sesshomaru’s mind reeled with processing the information. That scent was familiar, and he’d shrugged it off as a reincarnation, but now he was genuinely worried.

“SO you are telling me that you’ve somehow obtained a revived member of the Shinchinintai?” Cougar gave a toothy grin saying that the dog was correct. Leaning forward, Sesshomaru asked, “Which one is it? There were two involved in the kidnapping of Rin. The one who had two sides, the other was that blood thirsty crossdresser. So I ask you, which one did you revive?” Getting nothing in reply, Sesshomaru pulled out Tokijin and began to charge.


At the house, Seiya was making dinner while having Rin put the groceries he’d bought. Khilu was in the living room playing with Maya and Tommy. Khilu seemed a bit shy with Tommy, and that usually meant she liked someone more than she should. Kagome was tending to Gerald. The old man was suffering from his arthritis and needed some pain medication to help him. Inuyasha was making his way on foot to them so that his wife would be able to get home safely.

Kagome wasn’t moody except for the occasional outburst at something like a low roll of toilet paper or there being pepper in her food. It was progressing nicely though, she was eating carefully and no longer tricking INuyasha about her drinking wine. The fact that the hanyou disappeared for a couple of days was proof enough that Kagome was never going to trick Inuyasha like she did at that dinner. Seiya smiled as he pulled the soup off the stove thinking about how much he worried for Sesshomaru. While it may have bordered over protective, Inuyasha was being obsessive even though his child was conceived on a night where it would become a hanyou.

Pointing to the cabinet, Seiya asked Rin to pull some plates and bowls down for seven people. Taking them down, Rin asked her papa, “When is Father going to be home?” Seiya said that he should be home within the hour and that it was okay for them to start a bit late since he still hadn’t made the potatoes. “Okay Papa, but can I go out with Shippou this weekend? I promise that I’ll come home.” Saying that it was okay, Seiya began peeling some potatoes when the doorbell rang.

Putting the root back into the pot of cold water, Seiya dried his hands and answered the door. The first thing he saw was a black haired, effeminate looking man smiling at him in a weird oriental dress. Raising an eyebrow he asked, “Can I help you?” The man said nothing, instead he pulled out a curved sword and slammed it’s pommel into Seiya’s chest sending him back a few feet crashing into a side wall.

Screams were heard as Tommy and Maya saw Seiya’s arm sticking into the living room. Rin rushed in from the dining room and screamed at seeing the man standing in the doorway with some cat demons. RIn knew who it was but his appearance had changed due to a process she didn’t know about. His hair was black, but a couple of white stripes highlighted his sideburns while making his braid look like a mix of white and black. He also had a one purple strike across each cheek and a crescent moon on his forehead.

“You’ve grown up little girl. Tell me, where is that demon Sesshomaru and his cute little brother?” Rin shook fearfully as the man approached her. Sighing, he grabbed her neck and with his feminine voice said, “I’ll ask you again child, where are Sesshomaru and Inuyasha?” Rin choked out that she didn’t know. The man let her go and told his minions to grab the child. Rin’s began to run for Khilu and shouted for the child to run, but it was too late.

Khilu let out a loud scream as Kagome and Gerald’s footsteps sounded down the stairs. Seiya had gotten to his feet and hacked a bit asking, “Who the hell are you?” Looking in the living room, Seiya saw Khilu being held and tried to rush for her only to get knocked back onto his rear. Gerald shouted at the trespasser and rushed him. “Grandpa don’t!”

It was too late to stop the old man though. Gerald tried to move in order to get Khilu safe only to have a flash of light slice across his throat splattering blood onto the walls as he let out a strangled last breath. Kagome cried out and caught him as the man that knocked Seiya down, “I do apologize, my men seem to be over excited.” Raising his blade, the man sliced his demon accomplice in half causing him to disintegrate. Cleaning his blade the man looked to Seiya saying, “I did not want him to be killed. My job is to take your child and that was it. In the old days I would have slaughtered you all, but unfortunately I am...”

Before he could finish Inuyasha burst in shouting, “Jakotsu you bastard!” Inuyasha ran forward prepared to kill only to be stopped at seeing Khilu with a knife pressed to her throat. Skidding to a halt, Inuyasha seethed seeing his niece being handled in such a manner. Looking around the hanyou saw Kagome crying over a dead Gerald. Looking to find Seiya standing against the wall holding his ribs and Rin standing shocked he asked, “Why?”
Setting his sword onto the ground, Jakotsu said, “My job was to get the girl and that was it. The old man’s death was caused by one of my two minions getting over-zealous. She’s dead now and I do apologize for the mans death. I know you’d think that I am lying, but I’ve been altered to be much less blood thirsty than I was when we first fought.” Staring at Rin, Jakotsu said, “Besides, I do not harm children. While I did kidnap her, I never had any intention of harming her after killing your brother. But, my employers wish for the death of you, your brother, and his family. And unfortunately,” with a swing of his blade, Jakotsu ripped up the floor as he shouted, “I have no choice but to obey!”

Rushing to keep everyone from falling, Inuyasha was kept from giving chase after them but made sure to get a deep whiff of Jakotsu’s new scent as he carried them into the kitchen. Setting them on the floor, Inuyasha gave Kagome his haori and wrapped Gerald in it saying to Seiya, “Get your swords and make sure you’re ready.” Seiya remained motionless keeping an eye on his grandfather. Smacking the boy, Inuyasha said, “Seiya! You need to get your sword and prepare to leave. No doubt Sesshomaru is already on his way.”

In the city, Sesshomaru was dead locked in a brawl with Cougar. They’d been at it for a moment when he suddenly felt sick. Leaping back, Sesshomaru looked out the window then at the cat asking, “You sent him?” Cougar chuckled deeply at the sight of all the demon’s in the room remaining away from them as they fought. Sesshomaru realized that he was right in wanting to follow, but the need to be certain kept him from dealing with the situation immediately.

Waving Tokijin, Sesshomaru sliced the window into tiny shards before heading out the window. Leaping from building to building, Sesshomaru took off at full speed knowing that it would be quicker than the car. Seething, he rushed home hoping that he could take Jakotsu’s head from his shoulders before anything could happen that would involve his children and mate any further than he’d already brought them.