InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heart Healed Over ❯ Family Parted ( Chapter 54 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Here’s 54.

Chapter 54

Sesshomaru watched the back of his mate exit the room, only to be followed by the click of the door closing behind him. Moments later the sound of a trunk and two doors shutting told the demon that his mate was heading toward the airport. Feeling his lips, Sesshomaru wept for a moment at what had transpired over the past few weeks. It had been difficult for the entire family, first there was the rescue of Khilu, then there was Gerald’s funeral, but among all of the things that had just happened this was the most difficult. “I’ll send word of how I’m doing every now and then. Maybe even a few gifts if I can spare the cash,” was all that SEiya said before kissing Sesshomaru and then walking out the door.

Since after her kidnaping, Khilu could not stand anything that dealt with her father. It wasn’t voluntary, but the sight of Seiya brought back images that a child that young should not have to remember. Rubbing his right wrist, Sessshomaru brushed hand over the stump that was once his hand, Sesshomaru stared out the window knowing that even though he’d done the right thing for their child, he would never forgive himself for it. Seiya said he understood that his presence in the house was only making Khilu worse, and agreed to leave for a while, but Sesshomaru knew that the human was harboring bitter feelings toward his husband.

It had happened shortly after Gerald’s funeral, when Sesshomaru had brought up the proposition of Seiya leaving. They had scattered the old man’s ashes from a small hill in the town where they lived. They had watched his ashes fly over the valley as the sun rose, making the ashes look like dandelion spores as they floated up into the sky. Sesshomaru took the urn away from his sobbing mate and they headed back to the house.

The ceremony had been completed as Gerald requested in his will, and when they returned to the house alone, the pair heard Khilu sobbing in a corner shouting for someone to put a picture away. Moments later, Inuyasha came out holding a few pictures of Seiya and wandered into the master bedroom as Kagome comforted the child. Following his brother-in-law, Seiya left to help put the pictures away as Sesshomaru watched his child break down yet again.

Closing his eyes from the scene, Sesshomaru remembered when he had made the final dash through the streets before turning into their driveway to find the door broken open and the front all destroyed. Climbing along the walls, he found Kagome covering Gerald with Inuyasha’s haori while Seiya held his sword while staring at a singular spot on the wall. Tommy and his wife were sitting in a corner shocked at what had happened as Rin and Inuyasha remained silent. Stepping to his mate, Sesshomaru asked, “What happened?”

“It was Jakotsu.” Sesshomaru looked at Rin like she was off of her meds. Scoffing, Rin said coldly, “It was him, the one who kidnaped me along with that weird doctor. The funny thing is that he seems a great deal stronger than he was back then. His hair and eyes are different and he has markings like yours on his face.” The girl raised her hand and pointed at the marks that adorned Sesshomaru’s face like regal tattoos.

Looking at the mess his home was in, Sesshomaru sniffed heavily noticing the scent of cats and his former foe mixing in with all the others. Glancing at his mate he asked, “Where is Khilu?” Sesshomaru looked to his husband and had his answer from just looking at the human. Khilu had been taken and there was no denying it. Gerald had been killed, possibly in an attempt to protect her, and Tommy and Mia were caught in the middle of it.

Clenching his fist, Sesshomaru felt the drops of blood fall through his fingers. Inuyasha looked away from the kitchen window saying, “We have some more company.” The group save for Seiya turned to see two men standing in the doorway. The first was one dressed all in black. He wore white gloves with odd magical symbols on the backs. He was gangly and his eyes held the look of a sadistic side that none but the most violent of criminals could even begin to tap.
His hair was blacker than the deepest recesses of space and his eyes were strange orange color. The man pulled his hat off and bowed deeply saying in perfect, and extremely proper Japanese, “Might I be allowed passage into your home?” Sesshomaru walked forward and beckoned the man in. Taking one step inside the man surveyed the damage, “Demonic ash and human blood.” Smelling the air the man stated, “Male, mid-nineties, and in reasonably good shape.” Shaking a bit he said, “I’ve fed on the likes of him before, his family has a rather pleasing aftertaste. Too bad he’s dead.” The man behind their eerie guest made a noise that told the former immediately silence himself.

Jessy stepped around the hole and headed into the kitchen to find his grandfather on the floor. Pulling back the haori, he took a bottle out and anointed the mans head as he prayed, “Our Mother-Father God, the death of our dearly beloved recalls our human, physical condition and the brevity of our lives on earth. Death reminds us of our true nature. We are energy, spirit, fixed in time and space, based on the Laws of Cause and Effect. But for those who believe in your love, death is not the end, nor does it destroy the spiritual bonds that you forge in our lives. We thank you for the opportunity to share life for a bit with our dearly departed. We thank you for the opportunity to realize our Christ Self in this sojourn on Planet Earth. We thank you for the opportunity to share life with those we love and those we have learned from. We thank you for our many lessons. As your Children, we seek to awaken to the Truth, that we are One with you. Bring the light of Christ Realization to this time of testing and pain as we pray for the spirit of our dearly departed, separated from us in body only. We pray that our dearly departed, in their transition, welcomes you with open arms as you accept their spirit into your eternal bosom of light and love. Thank you, amen.”

Making the sign of the crucifix over his own body then his grandfather’s, Jessy anointed the man again saying quietly, “ O God of resurrection, who raised Jesus Christ from the dead, we pray to you on behalf of all who are dying this day. May they know the comfort of your presence, the power of your love to give life even in the face of death, and the hope of your salvation. May they be blessed with the presence of family and friends to banish their loneliness and fears, the love of those who care for them to ease their pain, and the hope of always being remembered by those who they have loved. All this we ask through the one who died for us that we might live, Jesus Christ, our Savior. Amen.”
Wiping the tears that had begun to fall down his cheeks, Jessy stood and looked to his companion saying, “Your master allowed you this visit so long as you obeyed my orders, which have now changed.” Opening his jacket, Jess pulled out a large black handgun and a large silver one. Tossing them he stated, “You are now allowed to take the restriction to level two. You will not need the level one clearance with these folks. And you shall have demon blood as payment for helping me. Is that agreeable?”

Putting a clip into each gun, the sadistic male said, “Of course old friend. You saved my fledgling and got that bastard priest off my case. Although I do miss fighting him, I owe you for saving the girl’s life.” Giving Seiya a quick glance the man began to speak. “I apologize for the comment on your grandfather’s blood. I ruled areas of Eastern Europe many centuries ago as you have probably figured out. But, it is in my nature so I hope you can move past that one comment.”

Seiya said nothing and headed out the back door with his blade clenched firmly in his hands. Sesshomaru followed him while Inuyasha kissed Kagome goodbye before following Jessy and his companion out the front door. Outside, Sesshomaru found a large van occupying the drive way. Judging by it’s size, he knew what was loaded in the back. The demon had dealt with the dark man’s kind before and he shared a deep respect for them. But this one made even Sesshomaru feel nervous. Climbing in, Sesshomaru found his suspicions justified by the large coffin that was fitted for the vehicle. Strapping in, he noticed Jessy’s cache of weapons plastered the inside of the vehicle’s walls.

“Glad to see you’ve come prepared,” was what Sesshomaru told the priest as he climbed into the drivers seat. Getting a smirk in response, Sesshomaru waited as his brother climbed in and the dark man took his place in the front. Sesshomaru noticed the sunglasses and said, “You must be quite old to be able to handle sunlight in this fashion.” The man said nothing in response, instead he just began rubbing his guns fondly as they sped off into late afternoon.

Jessy was right in putting a surveillance camera in the base where they had last met this group. It was common practice to continue scouting known meeting grounds and this one was still being used. From what he could tell, the explosion years prior was a decoy and since then the demon’s had been using the sewers to avoid detection, but with their rush to get back in one piece, they went through the main entrance and triggered Jessy’s equipment.

Seiya looked out the window, a phantom to the way he usually was when they drove around. When Sesshomaru drove, he talked to Khilu and explained things to her with the occasional help from the demon. Things like why certain colors existed, or why he liked the music he did. When Seiya drove, it was the opposite. He kept his eyes on the road and made the occasional remark to something, but seeing as his reflexes were still a bit shoddy from his injuries, he couldn’t do much talking. It was nearly half way into the drive when he asked, “So what exactly are you?”

Turning his head, the man bared his teeth to reveal a rather large set of fangs to which Seiya said, “Thought so. And judging by what my cousin said in my house you work for that one organization in England, don’t you?” The man nodded in confirmation as Seiya stated, “Don’t you think it is a bit beneath you, a piece of living history, to be servicing some woman? Granted I don’t mind women with power, but I doubt you think highly of yourself due to your position.”

“Such an accurate deduction young boy,” The man said haughtily. “I may have subjected myself to serving humans. But, I get to do many of the things I used to spend much of my free time doing before I became what I am to be an appropriate consolation prize.” Holding up his gloves, the man smirked saying, “And what happened to me before I served under my current master has giving me more power than I could obtain in a millennia of living this life. So, I do thank her ancestors for making me an ‘abomination’.”

Jessy cleared his throat signaling his guest to be quiet. The man did so and went back to doing a few last minute preparations for the upcoming battle. Sesshomaru remained glued to his mate and sword while Inuyasha said, “I’m sorry about this Seiya. I should have killed him when I had the chance. Now we don’t know what he’ll do to her.” The human made no noise to confirm his feelings to the hanyou. Inuyasha understood, Seiya was mad, at himself and at Inuyasha, but he knew yelling would do nothing. Sesshomaru remembered that trip to finish in silence. And from what Khilu had told him later that night, he figured what she said to have happen pass in one such way.

She couldn’t remember seeing anything, the group had blindfolded her and bound her arms and legs while they made their way through the city. She was tied in the manner of how Merry and Pippin traveled when they were captured by the Uruk-hai. Her hands were slung around her captors neck and what she heard was, “You should let me taste her. Dog flesh is always so tender, but of course I know you won’t let me because of your little ‘problem.’”

Jakotsu hissed, “Once this is done, I get my freedom so don’t do anything to cause trouble.” The demon made a face saying that he didn’t care to which Jakotsu made no attempt at a retort. Khilu wondered who the man was and wanted to ask, but she kept her silence. She had a suspicion from all the stories she’d heard about when they fought a bad man named Naraku, but she doubted this person was him. For one thing he seemed less manipulating and didn’t change shapes. That and the fact he looked more like a woman was a big tip off to the child.

She felt them change directions many times and soon they stopped in a very quiet and dusty area. Khilu sneezed quite a bit which forced the cat-man amusingly snicker at her over sensitive sense of smell. Let down, the child had her blindfold removed to see the black-haired man look at her calmly with his curved sword pointed at her throat. He undid the gag and said, “If you even think of screaming I shall kill you here and now.” Khilu stared defiantly knowing that the sound of forced sincerity that fueled his words.

Hearing a tapping noise behind them Jakotsu said, “This is her David-san, the child of your former lover and the dog demon Sesshomaru.” Khilu looked past the feminine male to see another familiar man behind him. She’d heard her daddy talk about this man before and knew he was a bad man. Curling a lip and growling involuntarily, Khilu screeched in pain as the man reached out and grabbed her hair.

Pushing her hair back, the man known as David evilly sneered, “If your father was a demon you would have been mine brat.” Shaking her head violently, David snickered, “But, your poor daddy is a weak little human, and because of your ‘Uncle,’” the word ‘uncle’ was stressed with so much disgust the Khilu thought the man would vomit on her before he said, “we demons are the prey of Half-breeds like you.” He threw the child back before ordering Jakotsu to put the child in the lab.

Slinging the child over his shoulder Jakotsu asked, “What about my end of the deal?” Watching the retreating demon, Jakotsu noticed a sudden waver in his stance which made the man know what awaited. Not saying a word Jakotsu carried his captive off into the lab where he had made his quarters. It was comfortable and quiet making the former assassin adore it even more, add in the marvels of electricity and indoor plumbing and Jakotsu had all he needed to survive in the modern era.

Dropping the child on his bed, Jakotsu took a seat in a corner chair facing the door. There was an odd silence between the two of them, Khilu liked the way the man looked and thought that he could pass for her mom, while Jakotsu had flashes of memories he’d rather not have had surface. Seeing the discomfort Khilu asked, “How come you’re helping these bad people hurt my family?” Khilu hadn’t realized Gerald was dead yet, and Jakotsu looked at her in a bit of shock for even having the courage to talk to him.

Giving a dry laugh the cross-dresser coldly said, “Because if I kill your family I’ll get to live. If I don’t kill them I go back to being dead. And too tell you the truth kid, I don’t know which seems more welcoming.” Giving her a side glance, Jakotsu laughed inwardly at her look of confusion. Crossing his legs he said, “I’ve been dead for five centuries child and was revived with your father’s life force in me. So in a way because you were born in this time before me, I’m your little brother.”

Crossing her legs, Khilu stared at him saying, “Does that mean you’re kind of from Papa’s side of the family?” When Jakotsu asked what she meant the girl replied, “Well you have silver hair like Papa, and the marks he has on his face. So, that means since you’re older than me you’re my big brother!” The sudden outburst of joy shocked Jakotsu, and Khilu thought he was uncomfortable so she said, “Sorry, but if you’re my brother, does that mean you’ll protect me?”

Jakotsu felt his heart grow heavy as he said, “When I was young, I killed my family instead of protecting them.” Seeing the images in his mind he said, “I was ten and I was always beaten and treated like dirt so I decided to kill them. Which means that if we are family I’ll have to kill you to.” Looking to the girl he saw that her face showed no signs of fear. Getting up he smacked her and said, “Doesn’t that frighten you, girl? I just said I’d kill you because that’s all I’ve done with my life. I’m a killer and that’s why I was brought back to life!.”

Khilu sat up and rubbed her now red cheek as she sniffled, “So, you killed the guy who hurt Great-grandpa. Which means you’re a good guy not a bad guy cuz if you were bad then you would have liked the fact he was hurt.” Seeing a wave of confusion go across the mans face, Khilu settled back and stared at the door. Jakotsu told her that she was foolish for thinking anything good of him. The girl shrugged saying, “Fine, if you’re bad, Papa will kill you since you hurt me.” Her statement went unchallenged as the two spent the rest of their time waiting for the arrival of the group.

Once that conversation finished, Jessy’s combat van stopped outside the ruined building. It was partially rebuilt, enough that entrance wouldn’t be easy which annoyed the priest. Getting out, the man hit a switch causing his guns to appear on the outside along with dozens of cases of ammo. Grabbing his favorite pistols and a shotgun, Jessy went and inspected the door. He gave a great sigh saying, “Looks like your going to have to get us in.”

Taking off his jacket, the dark man walked up and placed his hands and face against the wall. The remaining four watched as he melted into the wall as if it was nothing more than air. Shaking his head, Inuyasha knocked on the wall saying, “You know some weird people Jessy.” Shortly after that comment a few loud screams echoed throughout the compound. Chuckling, Jessy knocked on the door telling his friend to open it.

A loud creaking filled their ears as the man showed his now blood stained face. Wiping away the vermillion liquid, the man drunkingly stated, “Demon blood is far more satisfying in this century.” Glancing around the darkening compound he said, “The child and her captor are here. There is a trap door in the back that I’ve opened. They know we’re here, about seventy-five strong. These poor bastards even got in a few hits, so who ever you all killed last time paled in comparison to them.” Looking at the demon, hanyou, and the blonde youth the man said, “I leave the babe’s captors to you three. I just want blood.” He then sank into the ground without another word.

Rushing to the back, Jessy dropped down into the hole first, followed by INuyasha, then Sesshomaru, and finally Seiya. Inuyasha and Jessy went ahead while Sesshomaru said, “I want....” Seiya silenced him with a cold glare. The violent aura being let out by the boy was in no way demonic, but that of an angel of vengeance. Given no other choice, Sesshomaru rubbed his mate’s face saying, “All that matters is Khilu.” Seiya nodded and followed Inuyasha while Sesshomaru followed Jessy.

It wasn’t long until the two of them saw a battle ensuing. Jessy’s companion was jumping around laughing gleefully while his opponents cursed his superior abilities. Taking advantage of their confusion. Jessy detached his gun and sent a single shot at one of the demons while Sesshomaru took the air slicing one in half. Blood fell from the sky like rain while brain and bits of skull splattered the wall. Hearing the gun fire again, Sesshomaru dove to the ground and sliced a cat-demon in half with his claw before turning and effortlessly severing the head of one behind him with his sword.

Preparing to kill a demon facing him, Sesshomaru saw a white glove burst from its abdomen followed by the sudden appearance of his ally behind him. Pulling the glove from the wound, the man cleaned it of blood as he demolished his preys head with a shot from his silver gun. Ejecting the clip, he loaded another with his now clean hand saying happily, “I haven’t been this full in a long while.” Putting the gun away they heard Jessy drop his shotgun and open another door. “Seems my priest friend is as impatient as your mate.”

Sesshomaru smirked saying, “If you weren’t so insane, I would say you’d be welcome in our house any time.” The vampire said nothing as they followed Jessy down the hallway cleaning away any vermin. When they reached a large room, the hallways they’d followed were littered with the heads, blood, and organs of any who’d crossed their paths. In a large room, Sesshomaru noticed that it broke into three different directions. Glancing at his companions, they all nodded and took the door directly in front of them. The vampire through the right, Sesshomaru through the left, and Jessy down the middle.

Now separated, Sesshomaru could taste the stench of a person he knew. Although it was filled with demonic energy he knew that stench. He’d met this man only a few times, but he despised him for what he did to his mate and now he knew the truth about the man and vowed to slaughter him. No sooner had he gotten that thought through his head the true form of David darted through the opening that led to his chambers. Sesshomaru barely had time to block and summoning a quick burst of energy he shot the demon back through the door. Walking calmly through it, Sesshomaru found the man licking his wound before standing and grabbing a large cleaver from a stand.

“You have improved Lord Sesshomaru. I’ve been told that not even your father was capable of such feats of dexterity.” Spinning the cleaver in his hand, David declared, “Your father will be proud to see his son die protecting his disgusting half-breed child.” The cougar demon then shot forward and swung upwards in an attempt to slice Sesshomaru’s arm off.

Dodging it, Sesshomaru swung his sword only to be blocked millimeters from his enemies heart. The blade was shoved back and the two exchanged two blows each. Sesshomaru horizontally aiming for the femoral artery and then the demons ear. Both were blocked and followed by David missing a blow to Sesshomaru’s kidney and then landing a punch on his nose.

Staggering back, Sesshomaru shook his head splattering blood on his shirt and the ground. Tossing away the human garments, he revealed his upper torso to be completely naked save for the armor he wore over his kimono. Pulling off his own shirt, David revealed a demonic chainmail and said, “Glad to see you decided to take this battle seriously. But, I’m still ahead of you.”

Sesshomaru spared no words and swung one of his whips from his left hand. David smacked it to the side and ran forward only to have Sesshomaru disappear and reappear behind him to sweep him to the ground before planting an elbow into his stomach and then a quick butt to the head. David coughed up a bit of blood while Sesshomaru jumped back letting him catch his breath as he told the younger demon, “Waste no breath and strike when you can. Your style is sloppy and unrefined if you can spare words of mocking.”

As the dog said all this he charged his sword and sent a wave of energy at the cougar. Hopping to his feet, David planted his blade into the ground and created a barrier. Grunting, David held off the wave to the point where it cut in two separate waves allowing him to drop it and use the dust created by them hitting the walls as cover. Sesshomaru took to the sky and kept an eye on the dust clouds. Seeing an opposing movement in them, he through his weapon into the chaos.

Landing silently to the ground, Sesshomaru heard no collision and knew that his foe had caught the blade. He had to say that he was impressed, but with the dust now surrounding him, Sesshomaru’s nose was basically useless and his eyes were irritated from the combination of dirt and debris. Soon his ears picked up the near silent rush of David’s feet. Turning in the direction of the noise, Sesshomaru heard a blade whistle through the air. He dodged that, but was struck by the hilt of the other. Groaning he jumped back and crouched feeling the broken ribs.

The dust lifted and he saw David standing with eyes closed and both blades in his hands. Before he could comment David opened his eyes and asked, “I know of that pendant. Are you so weak now that you rely on a gift of your mate in order to give you strength in battle?” While sneering at the Sesshomaru’s charm, the cat tossed the demon his sword saying, “You truly have fallen from grace.”

Taking the sword, Sesshomaru stood firmly saying nothing. David laughed but stopped when a loud roar filled his ears. He knew that roar and the sudden pain in his heart told him what had happened. Falling to his knees in pain, David gasped out, “Your friends killed my mate.” Coughing heavily he said, “Lucky for me we didn’t complete the ritual.” Getting to his feet, David’s features became even more feline as he rocketed towards Sesshomaru.

Slicing at the cat, Sesshomaru cursed as the demon blocked the blade and soon felt a large amount of pain as David somehow severed his right hand before kicking him in the head. Crashing into the wall, Sesshomaru felt the blood pour from his hand and noticed the amount shooting from it as he laughed out, “Your skill truly is horrible.” Holding up the stump he said, “Any true swords man would have cut it so cleanly that there would be no spurting. But this,” he pointed at his hand, “this shows how inept you really are as a fighter.”

David got on all fours and lunged angrily at the dog. The distance was closed quickly and anyone with no faith in Sesshomaru would think he had lost. But David was angry, which led him to scream out in anger giving his opponent a rather large target. Reaching back, Sesshomaru thrust the stump into the cats mouth and with his left pinned him to the ground saying, “Now drink you bastard.”

Gagging, David ripped himself away from Sesshomaru and looked at the blood covering his armor in disbelief. Taking in the scene the cat began to laugh but soon the laughter was replaced by coughing. Falling to the ground, David clutched at his throat asking hoarsely, “What did you do?” Sesshomaru got up and held the demons head in his claw and smiled viciously.

“My blood is both a poison and acid to those without any blood bond to me.” Tracing the demon’s throat he said, “Right now, it is burning your throat and melting your insides.” David coughed out a large amount of blood as Sesshomaru shoved his claw into his stomach. Sliding his claw along the opening, Sesshomaru heard a mixture of thumping and dripping as a combination of blood, excrement, stomach acid, and partially dissolved organs hit the ground. Letting the demon go, Sesshomaru let him fall on all fours saying coldly, “Now watch as you bleed to death.”

David said nothing as the last of his life left his now translucent body. Flicking his wrist, Sesshomaru severed all limbs and reclaimed his shirt and sword before heading back into the hallway. Stopping first at the broken pipes that were spurting cold water to clean his face and hands. In the initial hallway, Sesshomaru found Jessy getting help removing a steel pipe from his shoulder while a massive hole in his head began to close up. Looking down he saw a bloodied sword at the priest’s feet and knew that it must have been stuck through that part of his head.

Waiting, the demon was glad to see the head of Cougar laying on the floor near the right doorway. Glancing at the blood soaked man, Sesshomaru asked, “I take it he was a worthy opponent?” The vampire nodded saying that he even had an injury that would take a night to heal. Fixing his nose into place, Sesshomaru asked, “Shall we go and check on my brother and mate?” Jessy popped a few aspirin and downed a bottle of water saying that it wouldn’t be a bad idea.

The trio rushed through the hallways finding demon bodies everywhere. Much more than what they had originally been quoted. Apparently this was the way to Khilu and from what Sesshomaru could see by the size of wounds, Seiya had obliterated quite a few adversaries. He was both proud and worried for his mate. Seiya was not one for battle and the fact he had so much blood staining his hands worried Sesshomaru about future events.

Entering a large room, Sesshomaru and his allies found Inuyasha in the corner next to the unconscious body of Jakotsu holding a crying Khilu. Jessy ran forward with his companion to check on the two while Sesshomaru’s eyes were trained on where Khilu was looking. Standing before him covered in blood and ripped clothes stood Seiya holding a jagged piece of metal. On the floor was the dead body of the girl known as Mia. Sesshomaru tried to process the situation but it seemed impossible.

His mate held the stench of demon blood all over him, but the fact the boy had killed such a strong demon in a completely brutal manner was something nobody would thought would happen. Glancing at Khilu Sesshomaru told Inuyasha to cover her eyes, but it was too late. The damage had been done and the girl was holder of memories of extreme violence and murder. Stepping forward, Sesshomaru gently touched the quaking body of his mate. As if on cue, Seiya fell to all fours and began to vomit away from the corpse.

Kicking the piece of metal away, Sesshomaru covered the boy with his arms and tried to comfort him. But, Seiya’s face only began to become more grief stricken as he realized three things. The first was that he had killed in front of his child. The second was the fact that he had been driven to such extreme lengths to save her. And the third was that his mate was now missing an appendage and he was covered head to foot in blood.

It was odd the trip out of the building. The vampire carried the blood covered human outside and placed him in the van while Inuyasha held Khilu in the back away from her parents. The child couldn’t even stand the smell of SEiya and told her that she was afraid of him. Jessy had carried Jakotsu out and set him in the back of the van in the coffin. The human was still alive and from what Khilu said, she’d stopped Mia from killing him when the former killer tried to protect her during his fight with Inuyasha.

Inuyasha was grateful, the same went for Seiya and Sesshomaru, but that didn’t make up for him kidnaping her. They made the long trip to Robert’s where they had gotten word Tommy and Mina were now staying along with Kagome and Rin. Gerald’s body had been taken to the hospital and an autopsy was performed by some of Sara’s friends. Once they arrived, Inuyasha took Khilu to Yari’s room while Sesshomaru went into the kitchen to receive treatment for his injury.

Seiya was uninjured and helped to the bath by Penny and Michelle and Jessy began to nurse his wounds. Jakotsu was taken into a spare room to rest by the priest’s friend. Once it was all over and done, Seiya was taken to his room where he was joined by Sesshomaru. Neither slept, nor did they talk, the events of the day were too difficult to talk about and the rest of the family couldn’t bring themselves to say anything comforting because whatever was said would be a lie.

Days past and Seiya did nothing but drink and stare out the window. Khilu kept attached to anyone but her daddy and Jakotsu was up and about as well. The man had come in and made his apologies to Seiya for taking his child, but thanked him for sparing his life. Seiya gave no reply and the man left saying he would be forever grateful and spend his life keeping the family safe. Sesshomaru made sure Seiya drank and ate the smallest amounts of food. The boy ate them, and then requested to be left alone. It went that way for nearly a week until they had to go to Gerald’s funeral.

The boy said nothing as he watched people pay their respects to his grandfather. Seiya made no motion to do so, and just sat in his chair. Khilu was far away from her parents and cried at the loss of her grandfather. Robert kissed her and told her he was safe now and he would protect her. After the funeral the adults went to Gerald’s lawyers where they were each given inheritance. Seiya had already received the house, but now both he and Sesshomaru were given large sums of money for their accounts. Khilu and Rin were given trust funds and Inuyasha was given a house as well. Kagome and him tried to refuse it but Gerald expressed he wanted them to have it.

Robert was given Anna’s share of inheritance along with some family jewelry and property. The rest was given to Seiya’s aunts and uncles. Even the one who took after Gerald’s ex-wife. The man held such contempt for Anna’s choices that he didn’t even show up to the funeral or will reading. Days later the ashes of Gerald were sent to Roberts with a note telling Seiya and Sesshomaru what to do with them.

Alone on the hill, Seiya opened the urn and watched his grandfather blow away into the wind. Once gone, Sesshomaru asked, “What do we do now?” Seiya scoffed and said that it didn’t matter since their family life was now ruined. Growling, Sesshomaru clenched his fist saying, “It is not ruined Seiya. We still have a chance, but it will require drastic measures to fix it.” The boy agreed and asked what the demon had planned to fix it.
Sighing Sesshomaru told him a solution. Tossing the urn to the ground and breaking it Seiya shouted, “You want me to leave?!” The demon hissed for the boy to be quiet and let him explain the situation. Seiya shook his head screaming, “NO! I’m not going to leave! No matter how much Khilu hates me now she won’t forever! She’s a child and she’ll soon forget about it!” Sesshomaru watched the tears pour down the boys face. Wiping them away Sesshomaru kissed him gently. Seiya tried to push away but the demon was still strong enough to hold him until he gave in.

Seiya’s body fell against as he said amidst the sobs, “I do not find it a reasonable solution either, love.” Kissing the boys head Sesshomaru felt a few tears drop as he said, “But, Khilu isn’t getting better. IT’s been nearly three weeks and she still goes into hysterics at the sight of your picture.” Seiya sobbed that he hated it and wanted her to love him again. Putting both arms around him Sesshomaru said, “It is cruel I ask this of you, but give her time away from you and she will get better. For how long you will be gone, I do not know. But, I promise you this, “ pushing him away Sesshomaru gave the sobbing human a deep kiss before saying, “she will get better.” Seiya fell back into his mate and cried for awhile longer at what he had to do.

Both men were worried about the same thing. A long extended separation meant an extreme strain on their health and it could put both of them in danger. But, now Seiya was gone and Sesshomaru had nothing to do but wait. Khilu knew what was going on and she felt bad, but the lingering sent of her daddy made her have flashbacks and Sesshomaru had to handle both her grief and his.

A month passed with only a post card from Seiya saying that he was in some place called Boston feeling a bit tired from travel and hoping everything was well. It was getting better, Khilu still spent many nights cuddled up next to Sesshomaru or Jakotsu who she now looked up to as a big sister. Rin even looked up to the drag queen despite his unusual resurrection and past discretions against her. Sesshomaru was thankful to his ‘son,’ and allowed him free stay in the house. Provided he got a job, which was no problem.

His feminine charms, and not to mention quite a few strings being pulled by Robert, helped the man get a job at a market in town. With extra help, Sesshomaru was able to focus on his modern day duties to the demonic tribes in his territories. Kouga helped with delegations and the modern council granted Sesshomaru for Cougars death due to his plot. His right wrist began to itch often, which was in all irony a relief to the dog as his limb was beginning to grow back.

On one of the nights Sesshomaru was late, Jakotsu was taking care of Khilu. Rin had gone on a date with Seiya, which was now okay with Sesshomaru, and the two were watching a movie while playing cards. In the time he was with Mia and the others, Jakotsu didn’t have much time to learn about the modern lifestyle or games. Khilu had taken time to teach him board games and certain card games. Only things a child would know, but mix in the movies she liked and some of the music Seiya had put away and Jakotsu was catching on fast.

He loved the black and white films more than recent ones because back then there was actually talent involved. Well, there was plenty of talent in the new ones, but he liked old horror movies compared to the new ones because there was more left to the imagination and better writing. But, now he was stuck watching “Lilo & Stitch,” while getting decimated by a five year old as they played “Go-fish.”

When it was over, Khilu gave a loud yawn saying she was going to bed. Making sure that she brushed her teeth and got cleaned up, Jakotsu put her to bed and went back downstairs turning on HBO. It was a while before a good movie came on and the one he began to watch caught his interest. It was called, “Single White Female,” and was about an obsessive woman trying to take over her roommates life.

Since Seiya was gone, Jakotsu’s enhanced senses caught quite a few interesting scents from Sesshomaru. One being lust, and the other was the demons musky scent after some alone time. Thinking for some reason that this would be a good time to, “protect the family,” Jakotsu began to hatch a plan that was sure to help Sesshomaru get back on his feet.

A couple of days later, Sesshomaru was putting Khilu to bed when she asked, “Did I chase away Daddy?” Sesshomaru was a bit shocked at the question and held back a tear. It was in a sick sense true, but he could not tell his daughter that. IT wasn’t her fault she saw those things and if Sesshomaru hadn’t suggested it Seiya might still have been in the country rather than half way across the world.

Kissing her head, Sesshomaru said, “No Black bird, you didn’t chase him away. Daddy left so you wouldn’t be scared anymore. But he’ll be home soon.” Khilu gave a small smile and said that she still had bad dreams about him, but that they were going away. Stroking her cheek the man said, “Good, I’m sure Daddy would like to hear that his Blackbird is flying again.” He smiled at his daughter hearing her nickname and kissed her goodnight.

Once out of his room, Sesshomaru told Rin that she had work in the morning and she should go to bed soon. Hearing that she would, Sesshomaru went into his room and began to strip. Putting his clothes away, he felt too much like a housewife, but he had no choice. He decided to stay in the future and had to go with the times. He had to take care of his children and his vassals meaning he had to play two roles. Changing his bandages the pink flesh of his hand was beginning to take form. It was a disturbing sight to see the nub begin to expand, but he placed fresh bandages on it and began to doze.

Hours past and Sesshomaru was woken by the creeking of the steps. He was beginning to get suspicious when the door opened and his nose caught a scent he’d been craving. Breathing deeply, Sesshomaru tried to speak what was silenced by the soft feeling of a persons lips. His eyes were still hazy, but the smell of his mate and the soft feeling of the boys skin had Sesshomaru completely obsessed with the body pressed against his.

Sitting up, the man took his shirt off before Sesshomaru sat up and began to lick the nipples. Moaning, the man pushed Sesshomaru down and stood up to remove his pants. When he was completely naked the man returned to the bed and began kissing his way down Sesshomaru’s body. But before he could finish, Sesshomaru pushed the man back saying, “Let me.” Giving no objections the two switched places putting the demon on top. Going under the covers, Sesshomaru began to lick the soft skin feeling it harden and rise slowly.

His companions breathing became more ragged as Sesshomaru began to slowly suckle on the semi-hard flesh. Moving his head slowly, Sesshomaru began to move his mouth up along the length of the flesh feeling it grow to it’s full length. Pulling his mouth away, Sesshomaru licked his way down the engorged member, and then going back up swirling his tongue. Licking a bit of juice from the tip, Sesshomaru began to stroke slowly while suckling the tip. His lover began to run his fingers through the hair making Sesshomaru smile.

Lifting his head off, Sesshomaru leaned down and lifted the humans legs and licked the puckered hole. The man gasped as the demon slowly slid his tongue in and licked the small entrance. Pulling his tongue out, Sesshomaru slid a few fingers in and was ready to stretch him when the man removed the hand. Getting the idea, SEsshomaru reached into the bedside cabinet pulling out a bottle of oil. Pouring some in his hand, Sesshomaru stroked the slightly limp limb and rubbed it to it’s full length again.

When it was ready, Sesshomaru got on all fours and leaned back groaning happily. Starting slowly, Sesshomaru pushed down until the head popped in. Both kissed happily and Sesshomaru was glad that the man met him halfway. When he was all the way in, Sesshomaru began to slowly lift up and slide back down on the erection. Sesshomaru felt fuller than he had in awhile, and judging by the panting, his lover was feeling the tightness.

When he grew tired of that position, Sesshomaru kept himself down on the boys crotch and began to grind against him slowly. Reaching up, the boy stroked Sesshomaru’s sensitive tip making the demon growl loudly. Snickering, the boy sat up and put the demon’s feet behind his back while thrusting upward. Sesshomaru moaned as he bounced along the thick shaft. Grinding when he was filled to the hilt, Sesshomaru gave a violent shudder as he felt the boy release inside of him. Keeping his grinding, Sesshomaru held himself against the boy when he across the mans chest.

Both panted loudly as they dripped with sweat until Sesshomaru closed his eyes and asked to go to bed. Nodding his holder placed him in his spot and was about to leave when Sesshomaru said, “Seiya, stay with me.” The man tried to move again when Sesshomaru begged, “Just for the night.” Tears rolled down his face and the man nodded but put his boxers back on and curled up above the covers.

Later Sesshomaru was woken up by the ringing of the phone. Grumbling he felt around for it and when he picked it up asked in a disgruntled voice, “What do you want?” There was silence on the other end making him even more irritated so he asked, “If you are going to do this make sure you have the right number you fool before you call someone.”
Before he could hang up a voice said, “Don’t get like that, Sessh.” The demon sat up violently disturbing the person next to him. Looking to his side, Sesshomaru noticed the body of the person next to him and saw the slightly scarred body of his child’s care taker. Gripping the phone so hard that it shattered, Sesshomaru got up, and ran to the bathroom and began to clean himself furiously of what happened.

As the demon showered, Jakotsu decided to get up and leave. Grabbing his clothes, he headed into his room, and got dressed. He gave himself a quick glance in the mirror he truly felt horrible for what he had done. After seeing that movie, Jakotsu decide to cut his hair, dye it blonde, and dress in some of Seiya’s clothing. He’d only planned on staying in the bed, but now....now the man had opened Pandora’s Box from which now there was no escape.