InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ If I Never Knew You ❯ Who's Kagome ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

        If I Never Knew You

        Chapter 2. Who Is Kagome?

        "Inuyasha! Hey Inuyasha wake up!"

        "Kagome?" Inuyasha said sleepily.

        "Who's Kagome? Well who ever she is just don't let Lady Kikyo find out." Miroku said and looked around him as if she'd appear at any moment. "I hate to tell you Inuyasha but she is kind of scary."

        "Kikyo? That's right. How long have I been sleeping?"

        "A few hours. Lady Kikyo wanted me to remind you that you'll be having dinner with her and her family tonight before you marry tomorrow."

        "Right." What's going on? I'm marrying Kikyo? But . . . where's Kagome? Wait . . . who is Kagome? I know she was someone important.

        "So, Inuyasha, who is this Kagome person you where talking about?" Miroku asked his perverted mind working as usual.

        "You know what, I can't remember." Miroku looked questionably at Inuyasha. "Hey Miroku you ever get the feeling that what your doing isn't right?"

        "Cold feet huh? Don't worry Lady Kikyo isn't that bad."

        "No I mean . . . oh never mind. I'm going for a walk."

        *~~~~~~*~~~~~ ~*

        ((//~*If I never knew you.*~//))

        I just don't get it. What's wrong with me? I'm getting married tomorrow to a beautiful priestess. But I just keep thinking there's someone missing from my life.

        ((//~*If I never felt this love*~//))

        But that's crazy! I have Kikyo. I don't need anyone else. I mean I love her and she loves me . . . right? Wait? Inuyasha stopped walking and scratched behind on of his dog ears. Does Kikyo love me? I mean she made me promise to use the shikon jewel to make me human after we're married. If she loved me would she really make me do that? I . . . I just can't help but think there's someone else I'm supposed to . . . to love.

        ((//~* I would have no inkling of how precious life can be.*~//))

        I . . . I don't know what to do. I . . . I don't love Kiyo. But if I tell her she'll be mad. Maybe mad enough to kill! But I just can't marry her. "I'll just tell her to night before dinner that I can't marry her. That there's someone else out there for me." Inuyasha said out loud and started back for the village.

        What Inuyasha didn't know was Kikyo was watching him in the distance. No wait! That wasn't supposed to happen! But there's still time. I can still make Inuyasha mine. As soon as we're married I'll take him to hell with me where he belongs. Inuyasha will never see it coming. Kikyo let out an evil laugh and headed for the village as well.