InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ If I Never Knew You ❯ How Could I Forget? ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

If I Never Knew You

Chapter 3. How Could I Forget?

"Why? Why didn't I tell Kikyo?" Inuyasha said to himself sitting on the branch of a tree that night after dinner. I have to tell her before we're married. As soon as I see her tomorrow I'll tell her. Inuyasha thought then slowly fell into an uneasy sleep and in that sleep Inuyasha dreamed.
        
*~~~~~~Inuyasha's Dream~~~~~~*

The fight with Naraku was over but Inuyasha was badly injured and half dead.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome screamed as she ran to him.

((~*And I'm so grateful to you*~))

"Ka . . . Kagome?"

"Inuyasha are you alright?"

"I . . ."

"Come on Inuyasha lets get you to Kaede's for help."

Inuyasha awoke from his sleep to find Kagome sleeping against a wall. Was she watching over me?

"Oh Inuyasha your awake." Kagome said as she suddenly woke up. "How are you feeling?" Kagome asked as she walked over and sat next to him on the floor.

"Better I guess."

"I was so worried about you Inuyasha!" Kagome said as tears started to fall.

"Kagome don't cry. I'll be alright." Inuyasha said trying to comfort her.

((~*I'd have lived my whole life through lost forever*~))

"I thought I had lost you. I just don't know what I'd do without you Inuyasha." Kagome fell on Inuyasha and hugged him tight, crying into his shoulder. Inuyasha winced but he didn't mind pain. He was just glad he had her.

"Thank you Kagome. I would have been lost without you." Inuyasha whispered in Kagome's ear.

        *~~~~~~End Inuyasha's Dream~~~~~~*

Inuyasha awoke with a start and almost fell out of the tree. "Kagome! Of course! How could I forget her?!"

((~*If I never knew you.*~))

"What happened? It's almost like the wish we made the other day came true. But that's . . . Kikyo! Kikyo's the one who's done this!"

"Yes Inuyasha I did." Kikyo said as she got to the base of the tree. Inuyasha jumped down and faced Kikyo.

"Why Kikyo? Why did you do it?"

"So I could take you to hell with me where you belong!"

"I am NOT going to hell with you, Kikyo. I'm needed here . . . by Kagome. I… don't love you anymore Kikyo. Maybe I used to but that was a long time ago. You've changed. I've change! All I want from you now is for you to have some peace." Inuyasha said sincerely.

"I won't have peace until I take you to hell." Kikyo roared with anger.

"And what good would that do?! NO! I'm not going with you Kikyo!"