InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In the shoes of a high school hanyou. ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm back and I'm debating on rather to draw this out or cut it short. Review and tell me what you think and if you like, drop me a line. Next up we have some body-switching fun for our quirky quartet. See how they survive the day. I own nothing so don't sue me!
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;………..
Kagome, Sango, Miroku and Inuyasha made it pretty well through out the day but once they got to lunch, things got complicated.
 
Kagome sat with her head down on the table saying she had a headache and Sango blamed her lack of attention on a stupid bet. Miroku was working on not staring at girls and Inuyasha just complained the whole time. Finally everything hit the fan when Kouga showed up.
 
“Hey Kagome. How's it going? Listen, I wanted to talk to you about the party. I say your going with me because I know you don't want to go with that dip wad, Inuyasha. I'll call you.” Kouga tapped `her' under the chin and finally, he couldn't take anymore.
 
All day, Inuyasha had tried to be good but between the teacher yelling at him for not being able to find Kagome's homework and having a rather embarrassing encounter in the girls locker room, this was the straw that broke the Inu's back. He couldn't stand Kouga in the first place but having him touch him even in another body was creepy.
 
He slapped his hand away to Ayame and Miroku's surprise. Kouga looked a little taken back by the gesture but Inuyasha continued to look down.
 
“Kagome! What's wrong?” Ayame gasped, taking in Kouga's pained expression.
 
“Don't touch me. I don't feel well right now.” He gritted out as patiently as he had ever been. He suddenly looked up at him, chocolate eyes glinting with rage. “Kouga, why do you insist on thinking that you can command me to do things? I'm not your girl and I'm not going to that party if I don't feel like it so stop treating me like a child!” He snapped, trying desperately to control his temper and language choice.
 
Despite Miroku and Ayame's gentle calming, he stood up and walked solemnly out of the cafeteria.
 
From their table, Kagome and Sango watched him leave. Both wanted desperately to go after him but they thought better of it. It wasn't long before Ayame and Miroku followed him. Kouga still stood near the table trying to recompose his wounded pride before leaving the room as well, head held high as always.
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;….
That night, Kagome sat at the dinner table with Inuyasha's family, thinking back over the day.
~Flashback~
“Kagome, what's wrong?” Ayame asked, finally catching up to the curiously quick young woman.
 
“I just don't like the way he's always pawing at me. He's always calling me things like HIS girl and His woman and it's just starting to piss me off!”
 
Miroku in Sango's body whispered to Ayame in hopes that in her body, Inuyasha's abnormally acute hearing was not active. “That time of the month. She'll be fine.”
 
“I heard that, stupid! What do you think, I'm deaf?” He snapped. The two ignored his rant and after the bell rang, Ayame slipped him a few calcium tablets. He tossed them on his way to class.
~End flashback~
 
“Inuyasha, is something troubling you, my son?” His prestigious father, Inutaishio asked from his seat at the head of the table. Kagome shook her head, feeling the suspicious gaze of Inuyasha's brother bearing down on her. It was like he knew and she suddenly felt naked under his gaze.
 
“Could I be excused? I don't feel well.” She scrambled to her feet and swiftly made it back to his room, breathing heavily as she reached the door and shut it.
 
Even from behind the closed heavy door, she found with some excitement that she could still hear them speaking. She heard his fair-haired little sister, Shiori make a comment that would have been funny to anyone with a sense of humor.
 
“He must be feeling ill, he was being polite. Should we call for the doctor, father?” She asked sweetly and light heartedly. The two men gave little expression save for the barely present smile on the lips of their father. Kagome couldn't hear smiles but she hoped that at least one of them was.
 
Kagome began to feel a strange stirring in her stomach. She assumed it was only a result of eating too quickly at dinner. She looked around the room appreciatively then stopped in front of a full-view mirror.
 
She admired his shape beneath the uniform and his long, silky hair. She wondered at times why his hair was the starkly silver hair that seemed to run in his family. It was pulled back into a proper ponytail that looked like an injustice to its beauty so she pulled it out carefully.
 
Outside, a full moon shone brightly onto the mirror making his amber eyes glow a sharp gold. Kagome gasped at the reflection. It felt to her like the first time she had ever seen him truly and she began to relax when a knock came to the door.
 
“Inuyasha, it's me, Shiori. I have our tea ready so please open the door.”
 
She let the little girl in and helped her with the tray. It didn't surprise her this time that he was being so abnormally nice to her.
 
The two sat and sipped the tea, Kagome wincing at the bitter, almost rancid taste of the tea. She was tempted to ask what kind tea it was and request another until Shiori's smile almost brought her to her knees.
 
“I was almost late with the tea, big brother and I'm sorry but it took cook so long to brew it. The blood root looks like it's near blossoming so we got it at the perfect time huh, big brother?”
 
Kagome nodded, sniffing suspiciously at the tea now that she had a vague idea of what was in it. She could feel a strange stirring in the body and for a second, it felt like her bones were changing. The blood in her veins stung for a moment but when it began to fade, she relaxed.
 
“It's time for bed, Shiori. You have a very busy day tomorrow.” The deep, satin voice rang from the door. Kagome's pulse sped up just a touch at the sound of Sesshomaru's voice.
 
“Yes Sesshomaru-onii. Good night Inuyasha-onii.” She placed a little kiss on Inuyasha's cheek then padded to the door, nodding a quick bow and giving a kiss to Sesshomaru on the way.
 
When Shiori was in her own room, Sesshomaru stepped inside with Inuyasha, closing the door behind him. Kagome swallowed hard.
 
The silver haired man stood watching Inuyasha with an almost suspicious look.
 
“What do you need, Sesshomaru?” Kagome said as coldly and as Inuyasha like as possible, her voice almost remaining steady.
 
“I came to speak with you. You haven't been acting yourself today, Inuyasha. I find it strange that you have yet to insult me or complain about the usual daily schedule.”
 
She tried her best to replicate a nonchalant shrug. “What's your point? I just don't feel well today.”
 
“Fine then. I wanted to talk to you about Fathers banquet on Friday night. It is a very important that you at least create the illusion of respect for him and support for our family. I don't want you there anymore than you want to be there but the fact remains that father needs us. Shiori is also counting on you to behave. It is, after all, her first business banquet. We have a suit fitting tomorrow at three and Shiori's play at 6:30.”
Without so much as a goodbye, he turned and left leaving Kagome to remember the muddle of dates.
 
She decided that the best way to handle the situation was to call the young millionaire himself.
 
That's the end of that chapter and all I can say is finally and this is turning out to be crappier than I thought. Oh well, enjoy if you can.