InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In the shoes of a high school hanyou. ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks to all my friends and fans for sticking with me and enjoying the story so far. Lady light here and chapter three is here. I don't own squat save for a psychotic cat and my equally neurotic ideas.
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;…………..
“OMIGOSH!!! This cannot be happening! I'm in another nightmare and I just have to wake myself up and it'll be gone.” Kagome closed her eyes for about ten seconds then opened them again to see the same golden eyes, silver hair and red pajama's that personified her nightmare.
 
Again she let out a scream that she coughed back in painful memory of whose voice she now had. Her mind reeled and it was all she could do from fainting. A thought finally occurred to her. Who better to call and cry over her sudden, mysterious sex change?
 
She ran to the side of the huge bed to reach for the phone but before she could pick it up, it rang. She yanked it off the receiver with a frantic `hello' but the voice on the other line wasn't what she expected.
 
“Inuyasha?” The equally frantic, feminine voice blared.
 
“Sango? Why are you calling Inuyasha?” she asked.
 
“What?! What are you talking about, Inuyasha? It's me, Miroku! I don't know what the hell is going on but all I know is that I woke up this morning missing a few things and having gained some things I've never wanted to see on my body!” The Sango sounding Miroku screeched.
 
“Uh, Miroku? This isn't Inuyasha. It's Higurashi Kagome in his body, which means that if we're in their bodies-“ Suddenly, both lines clicked. They were getting calls from their own numbers. Kagome hung up with Miroku in favor of answering the feverish call.
 
“What the hell happened and why am I in your body?!” Inuyasha screamed over the phone.
 
“Calm down, Inuyasha. I don't know what happened but I don't think screaming is going to help. I don't know Miroku's number so I need you to call Sango at his house and tell her that we have to meet up before school.” She deduced calmly. Of course, Inuyasha wasn't one to be calm under this kind of pressure.
 
“Where the hell are we supposed to meet up at? I don't know where the hell I am and you sure as hell won't know where you are so unless you take my car and use the GPS in my car to find your way off the estate and to where ever we can come up with to meet which isn't going to happen so until then, we're sitting ducks!” he screamed again. Finally, Kagome's reserve started to wear thin.
 
“Listen, I didn't ask for this anymore than you did so don't yell at me! I want to be back in my body and my own little bed more than anything but if we don't work together, we'll never survive the day. Now, I've seen where your estate is and I know how to get to mine and Sango's from here so if you'll grant me permission to use your car, I can come get you and Miroku and then you'll lead me to his house for Sango. So please, Inuyasha. Call her for me and tell her we'll be there soon.” Without waiting for an answer, she hung up then set about figuring out his closet.
 
Everything was nicely pressed and put away, which she figured, was some maids doing and she noticed his abundance of red clothing. It was his favorite color which is why most all of his friends wore it almost every day. She picked out a simple uniform with a red under shirt but it wasn't until she was about to take off her pajamas that it completely registered that she was in Inuyasha's body, which meant that she had to see his body to change. Let's just say that she managed to acquire the useful skill of dressing with her eye's closed.
 
Later, it would occur that he had seen her body as well but for now, we will save her the defilement. Moving on. She made it through her first ordeal but maneuvering past his inquisitive and well-trained staff of servants wasn't quite as easily solved as closing her eyes. Everything was yes sir, no sir or right away sir. It was almost enough to drive her insane! She thanked her lucky stars for never having to meet big brother that morning.
 
The influential eldest son, Sesshomaru was one to be revered and respected but though it would have been a great honor to meet the powerful man, she didn't think it wise to gush over his greatness whilst in his brother's body. She ate breakfast quickly and dashed, making some lame excuse to be meeting friends before school to study.
 
She hopped into the only car that she could find the keys for then took off to her house. She honked the horn to get Inuyasha's attention, temporarily forgetting what her mother was like. Kagome saw her body at the door yelling back into the house angrily and decided to help by running interference for the annoyed boy.
 
She pulled over, got out of the car and went to the door.
 
“Um, excuse me? I'm Mitsuigi Inuyasha and I'm here to pick up Kagome.” She did her best to sound like him although he would never be that polite.
 
Mrs. Higurashi came around the corner and took a good long look at the boy standing before her before bowing in recognition.
 
“Ohayo, Mitsuigi-kun. I am very happy to meet you; I just wish my daughter had told me you were coming. Could I offer you some tea?”
 
Kagome declined politely. “I'm sorry to just drop in like this but some of our class mates are doing some extra credit assignments for our history class and she suggested we carpool since most of them are on the way. We have to be there very early.”
 
Mrs. H nodded in understanding and let them leave with little fuss. Out in the car was a different story.
 
“What the f* was that?! That sounded nothing like me! What are you trying to do, make me look like some prissy- a* prick?” He fumed. She tuned him out by paying close attention to the road seeing as she isn't used to driving much. She did pretty well for a beginner but once they reached Sango's house, he promptly switched places.
 
“Does anyone know how the hell this happened? All I know is that I had a weird dream and I wake up like this. I miss my body!” Miroku whined in the back.
 
“I'll put you in a F*ing body bag if you don't shut the hell up, Sango.” Inuyasha snapped.
 
They finally got to Miroku's house just in time to see a young girl around their age climb out of the notorious playboy's bedrooms window. He only shrugged non-chalantly.
 
A boy came running out of the house as quickly as his legs could carry and it was apparent even from across the street that he was extremely flushed.
 
“Sango, are you all right?” Kagome asked as her friend, now trapped like the rest of them, climbed in the backseat.
 
“Do I look like I'm F*ing alright?! This perverted A*hole decided it wouldn't be important to tell me that he had company last night! I wake up, look around to figure out where the hell I was and when I went to get up, I find a girl in a big t-shirt and high heels trying to kiss me! What the hell was I supposed to do when she's all over me and I don't even know what the F* I look like or where the hell I am? I probably scared the poor little slut out of her mind when I woke up thanks to him.” Sango spouted in one breath. Afterward, she reached over and slapped Miroku squarely in the head, which, to anyone outside, it looks like he was hitting her.
 
“Okay Sango, rule number one. NO HITTING HIM!!! You also have to act like him until we figure out what's going on which means keeping your temper in check.” Kagome said, trying to keep everyone calm.
 
“You mean I have to pretend to be this A* grabbing, one track minded perv until we can switch back? No way, no how no chance!” She crossed her arms and glared out the window.
 
“That goes for all of us actually. I have to try to be as much like Inuyasha as possible,” He scoffed at that. “ Just like he has to be as much like me as he can. I've seen him at school and I think I can handle it if I say that I'm sick. That way, no one will wonder why I'm not talking much. Sango just has to be more open to jokes and teasing for Miroku. You should also try to at least pretend you are interested in his fan girls so no one gets too suspicious.” Kagome took out one of Inuyasha's red notebooks and started writing out plans and schedules so everyone had a clear idea of what to do in the others body. Sango looked over her shoulder and that's when it hit her.
 
They may have each other's bodies but that was it. She automatically signed her name at the top and still dotted her I's and periods with little hearts.
 
“Oh great, how am I supposed to know how to write like Miroku?” She asked. She suddenly stiffened up as a hand found it's way to her rear end.
 
“Fear not, my dear Sango. I'm sure you will do a fine job.” She slapped him across the face, just barely remembering to be gentle at the last minute and softened the blow so it barely left a mark.
 
“I'll be gentle if he remembers not to play grab a* in my body. The last thing I need is people thinking I'm gay!” She grumbled.
 
“Well, if you really want to do a good impression of me, Sango, on occasion, you may have to-“
 
“Not on your miserable little life you freak! I won't touch any girls rear as long as I'm still female in here!” She glared at him, fighting off the urge to hit him by thinking of how it would be like hitting herself.
 
“He's got a point though. Miroku going an entire day with out goosing some chick would only happen if he lost a bet. Since it's your body, why not just grope him?” Inuyasha suggested, being almost helpful until that last part.
 
“I'll say I lost a bet.” She said simply although her right hand had this unexplainable itch that wouldn't go away. She ignored it.
 
“Okay then, we'll say that Miroku lost a bet, Inuyasha isn't feeling well, Sango's just in an oddly good mood-“
 
“And Kagome has serious PMS because that's the only way He'll ever pass for sweet little Kagome.” Sango added.
 
“Hey, I can imitate ms. Goody two-shoes better than she can imitate me! All I do is talk to her friends, giggle a lot and smile too much. Easy.” Inuyasha shot back. “I'm the one that will be hard to do. I have to put up with all my groups little problems and I have to deal with Kikyo and her temper. She can be super b* when she tries.”
 
“Ahem! I do not act that stupid and most importantly, I don't cuss that much! Clean up your mouth and try to be pleasant.” Kagome cried incredulously.
 
“Who says Kikyo has to try?” Sango added with a smirk.
 
They finally pulled up to the school and Inuyasha and Kagome quickly switched seats.
 
Everyone climbed out, got their things and was about to go there separate ways until Kagome remembered the schedules. She handed them out discreetly and tried to appear as arrogant as Inuyasha in saying goodbye. Translation: saying nothing at all. It wasn't until she heard the feminine `eep!' and customary smack that went with the daily routine did she calm down and look over to see her best friends body, red with outrage and Miroku's body giving a wavering smirk.
 
Sango was surprised to say the least that she even did anything like that. The itch she had felt earlier in her hand came back and as it started to dim again she realized to late that it came to rest on her bodies bottom. It made no sense but at least it appeared normal. Kagome gave a show off patting her back proudly like her counterpart would do and they continued on collecting `friends' as they went along.
 
It was going to be an interesting day.
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;…………
The end! Just kidding. Well that chapter was crappy but I'm sure the next one will be better. Thanks again to lady fox10 and earth mage for reviewing along with others. For the record, yes, this will be one of those overdone, cheesy, already know how it ends sort of stories so if you don't like it, you can kiss my pretty little butt. * See's Miroku look up from keyboard across from her and ducks praying that he didn't hear that. * Never mind.