InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In the shoes of a high school hanyou. ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
guys! Chapter 2 is coming up next and I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I liked writing it. I own nothing but my questionable sanity.
……………………… ………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……….
“The weekend is almost here. Just 4 more days and I can forget about school and have some fun. What are you up for?” Sango asked, stretching back in her seat at lunch the next day.

“I figured we were going to do our traditional movie night. You know, the three of us sitting around eating pizza and popcorn and crying over some foreign flick.” Kagome shrugged, taking a bite of Udon.

“Oh come on! How can you think of some cheesy French romance when Alexia is having the party of the century Saturday night? Kagome, you need to loosen up and have some teen time. I want to go to that party so we are going to that party!” Sango slammed her fist on the table for emphasis

“Yeah, Sango's right, Kagome. This is supposed to be a really great party and everybody is gonna be there.” Ayame added.

“You mean everybody important. I'm not exactly what you would call cool. I'm a spineless wimp half the time and the other half, I'm just not interesting enough to be cool. You two can go with good graces but no one would want me there.” Kagome sighed, closing her lunch box and stuffing it into her backpack.

“Oh, I wouldn't say that. Look who's coming.” Sango said, pointing to a quickly approaching Kouga. As usual, he had his little lackeys in tow.

“Hello girls. Hi Kagome. Hey, listen. There's this party on Saturday night and me and the guys were going. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me if you didn't already, you know, have a date.” He said, draping his arm over the back of her seat.

“That's really nice of you to ask, Kouga, but I don't think I'll be going to the party after all.” She didn't look at him but instead, stared into her drink.

“Come on Kagome, we'll have a great time together!” Just when she was about to speak, a certain silver haired boy came up and leaned against their table.

“Hey there, Kagome. I've been thinkin' about you lately and I decided that you're going with me to Alexia's party. I'll pick you up at 7:30 so we'll have a little time to… talk before we get there. See ya around, sexy.” He shot back with a wink as he walked back over to his group.

Kikyo sat at Inuyasha's table and draped her arms around him when he came back. She glared at the bright red Kagome with disdain then looked up at Inuyasha.

“You're not really taking that little Bitch to the party instead of me are you?” She hissed.

“Don't worry, babe. I just wanted to piss Kouga off. I'll still take you so chill.” Inuyasha calmed the easily angered girl. He kissed her neck to reassure her then sat back down.

It was true that Kikyo and Kagome looked like they could be sisters but personality wise, they were polar opposites. Kagome was sweet, polite and calm where as Kikyo was cold, brash and a flirt. Flirt, to be honest, didn't quite describe Kikyo. She had given her attentions to a good percentage of the young men on the varsity football team but somehow managed to keep that part of her repertoire from seeing the light of day.

“Uh…can someone please tell me what just happened?” Kagome stammered out after managing to snap out of her stupor.

“I'll tell you what just happened! That sleaze ball just hit on my date!” Kouga fumed, shaking a fist in Inuyasha's direction. “I'll teach that Bastard to mess around with my girl!”

“Uh, when exactly did she go from potential date to your girl? Last time I checked, she hadn't even accepted your offer.” Sango pointed out simply.

“Oh don't worry, she will. And I'm gonna pound that Asshole into the ground if it will make her say yes!” Kouga snapped his fingers and the rest of his group followed as he left the cafeteria.

“Okay, that was special.” Ayame said, breaking the shocked silence.

“How did I go from not going to this party to starting a fight over who's taking me? I hate high school.” Kagome sighed, dropping her head onto the table.

“Look at it this way, at least you won't be bored.” Ayame piped helpfully, rubbing her back.

“Ugggh. Why me?” Was the only reply from Kagome.

~~~~~~
Sango, Kagome and Ayame were on their way to Sango's house to study that afternoon.

“Ayame, seriously. If you like Kouga, just tell him and maybe he'll take you to the party instead.” Kagome said.

“I don't know. He really likes you, Kagome. I doubt he'll ever notice me. Thanks anyway you guys.” Ayame just watched her shoes the rest of the way to Sango's.

When they got there, they started their homework and after that, sat with a bowl of popcorn. They were in the middle of the movie when the phone rang. Sango ran to answer it.

“Hello, Taijiya residence, Sango speaking.” She said mechanically, watching the movie from the kitchen.

“Hey Sango, what are you up to?” she realized right away who was speaking.

“Inuyasha, how the hell did you get this number?!” She screeched bringing Kagome and Ayame running.

“I have my ways. Listen up, since I'm taking Kagome to the party, I figured you should come with us. Miroku has a date but I'm sure he wouldn't mind escorting you if you're a good little girl.” In the background they could hear Miroku yelling for him to hang up and Inuyasha laughing hysterically.

“Listen up, dumb and dumb Ass! I wouldn't let you take me to any party anytime, anywhere. I would have to have a frontal lobotomy to even consider going anywhere with either of you Ass holes and if you don't believe me, I dare you to come within three feet of me because I'll put my foot so far up you're Ass's, you'll have my toes for teeth!” She screeched then slammed the phone down on the receiver. She smiled at the phone then turned on her heel, mumbling under her breath. “Let's see them try calling back now.”

Surprisingly, the phone rang again just a few seconds later but Kagome answered to save the possibly innocent and unsuspecting person from being a victim of Sango's quick wrath. Of course, it couldn't very well be some telemarketer with her luck. It was Miroku.

“Kagome, I'm surprised you would answer Sango's phone. Listen, could you tell Sango that I had nothing to do with that? By the way, he really doesn't want to take you to the party. All he wants is to piss Kouga off. Please don't say anything and don't tell anyone I called.” He hung up before she could say a word.

“Kagome, who was it?” Sango asked from the living room.

“Um, just a telemarketer.”

~~~~~
Kagome nestled down into her bed, feeling a strange sense of disappointment at the fact that she was just being used to get at Kouga. It bothered her that she was being exploited like that but what bothered her more was that Inuyasha really wasn't interested. She just couldn't figure out why.

That night, she had strange dreams that kept her trapped in them like a fit of delirium. She was raining cold sweat and tossing all night, repeatedly dreaming of nonsensical symbols, numbers and pictures. The next morning, she thanked heaven that she had gotten out of that nightmare.

When she looked around the room, she wondered where she was. This wasn't her bedroom and nothing seemed familiar. She climbed out of bed to get dressed but a quick glimpse in the mirror sent her from a sleeping dream to a living nightmare.

7777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777 777777777777777
Evil cliffy's are a way of life for me so please don't kill me. Thank you and if I get a flame prepare to be flamed back. Fair warning. See you next chapter! I'm sleepy, buh bye!